[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i play games for story oh and do you also watch films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 21.jpg (17KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
17KB, 362x366px
>i play games for story
oh and do you also watch films for gameplay?
>>
whoa...
>>
>>387292292
What kind of shitty rhetorical question is this?
>>
>>387292292
I genuinely play games for the art, story, and music first and foremost. Good gameplay is a bonus. It's why I've put up with the Final Fantasy series for as long as I have.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>387292292
Don't act like those movie quiz questions in DVDs isn't fun shit. I still pop in my copy of Shrek to test my knowledge on the scenes, feels smart man.
>>
>>387292292
I used to be like you but I've changed my tune a bit

just a bit

I wouldn't call it the "story" per se but I really, really enjoy games with a good setting and consistent themes within that setting

Like I played Earthbound recently and even though the gameplay is pretty lackluster and there's not much content, it was just so masterfully put together, the areas you went to were perfect, the themes were great, and how it all tied into gameplay was spot on

I don't know what you'd call it. Ludonarrative? Whatever it is, it made me finish a game effortlessly for the first time in forever.
>>
>>387292292
Paintings only have visuals and books only have writing, you can't judge them by anything else. In movies you have both these elements and both are equally important. With games you have another element - gameplay but it doesn't diminish the value of writing and visuals. All three are essential.
>>
>>387292292
Videogames are an interactive medium that can give experiences unlike books or movies.
Story and characters impact differently because you as the player have a direct input. This can allow for greater emotional investment and attachment.

Can't wait for your troll b8 response.
>>
>>387292292
I already played mindless button smashing time trial point collection kiddy games over 20 years ago, I don't give a shit about those anymore, there needs to be some content.
>>
>>387292292
>watching films for the cinematography
>playing games for interactivity
Mmmm mmm very good question yes hmmm Dare i say modern day Socrates?
>>
The problem is 95% of games have absolutely shitty stories with terrible characters, the plots usually are eye roll inducing and the only way the story is progressed is by massive exposition dumps. It's as if the stories were written by high schoolers that want to commit crimes against story craft. Saying you play games for the story shows you know nothing about stories and it's like saying I like going to Mexico to drink the tap water to get that explosive diarrhea.
>>
>>387297230
Do you not want good stories in your games? Like the person said before, do you watch movies just for the cinematography? Would you be fine playing a game with no music, and just gameplay as music isn't important either to the game?
>>
>>387292292
>films
>gameplay

try harder
>>
>>387292830
You liked the atmosphere of the game.
>>
>thread has meaningful discussion
>achieved before 20 replies
>meme thread
>reaches cap
>>
Do you also frogpost for the 12 dicks you choke on each night?
>>
>>387293101
Another thing about them is they alos can show you what kind of person you are.I don't want to jerk off about New Vegas, but the first time I played it, I made some tough decisions that showed me what I value.

Inb4
>Hurr durr its just a game fag
>>
>>387299635
It's harder to give a thought out reply, than it is to shitpost. I play games that focus on gameplay, games that focus on story, and games that focus on both. I like variety. I agree with the notion that gameplay is the most important for the most part, but for me story can play a major part in why I like a game too. In a single player game, and multiplayer game even great gameplay can get repetitive after a bit of time. To me giving characters even a basic personality gives me more incentive to play more than a game were the character have no personality.
>>
>games have story
>films do not have gameplay
woah....................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>387292292
A good game rewards your good game playing with story. A bad game stops your game playing for a story.
>>
>>387292292
>games can have gameplay and story
>movies can never have gameplay

hmmm... really makes you think
>>
>>387292292
I watch movies for the action. John Wick, Hard Boiled and Lethal Weapon are among the best movies ever.
>>
File: dan smith.jpg (250KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dan smith.jpg
250KB, 1333x1000px
You're retarded anon. With a great story comes the potential for a great world, great characters, and unique visual style. These elements can make the difference between gaining an attachment, and forgetting the game forever more. Unfortunately, too many game plots are either just retarded indie devs hucking stuff out there, or big studios trying to copy super cliche hollywood movies. Pic related uses the medium to its full potential
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.