[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the Xbox version as bad as the one on ps3? I'm talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: FNVXBOX360.jpg (37KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
FNVXBOX360.jpg
37KB, 450x450px
is the Xbox version as bad as the one on ps3?
I'm talking about the save file issue, on ps3 the bigger your save file is the more framerate and freezing issues you have.
>>
>>387291326
>playing multiplats on console

what are you doing
>>
play it on pc with mods to fix it and make it look somewhat better
>>
>>387291326
FO3 and NV are fine on 360. Only Oblivion had a slight problem on 360 that was easily fixed by holding "A" when launching the game to clear cache (issue only sometimes happened when you had too many saves I think).

However NV is also playable on PS3 now since some of the later patches, just always keep 3-5 save slots.
>>
>>387291326
Get a PC get the max ram mod and the one that clears dead dude.
>>
PC version aside

wich is better PS3 or XBOX?
>>
>>387291421
>>387291890
>>387292308
Of course PC is objectively the better platform, but 360 is just as stable if not more so if you have a certain PC setup. FO3 and NV can crash frequently with any Windows past Vista. Even with crash reducing mods and ENBoost this is still the case.
>>
>>387293747
>360 is just as stable if not more so if you have a certain PC setup

maybe if your computer is 20 years old
>>
>>387293739
360 for sure. PS3 used to have game breaking save bugs but it has been nearly eliminated for the most part with patches. The 360 version runs at a more stable 30fps than the PS3 does too though.
>>
Console versions of Bethesda games are prone to random lockups and save file bloat. Enough bloat can make it impossible to load your save file, or if you can load the file, the game will lag to a ridiculous degree. I suspect it's just shitty optimization with the Embryo engine. The PC version probably had a longer patch history to deal with these issues, whereas Bethesda ended support for the console versions fairly early, leaving a number of bugs intact.

If you can find the 360 or PS3 versions in a bargain bin somewhere, then go for it. You should have no trouble completing the main quest. Unless you add every expansion and have your character pick up every object that isn't nailed down, save file bloat shouldn't happen for a very long time.
>>
>>387293814
Literally the opposite is the case, NV runs with much better stability on 32bit Windows XP or Vista. Meanwhile it's a crash fest on Windows 7+ even though there are mods that diminish the frequency of crashes, it is most stable on those older Windows and on 360.
>>
360 is the better version of the two.

I want to ignore the spergs who shout "PC version is better hurrdurr" and ignore the question, but of course they're rigth in this instance.

That said, I put like 200hrs into the 360 version before I had something other than a work-assigned laptop. I mean, the game is great even vanilla, so you'll have a good time.

Honestly, 360 is the preferred platform when it comes to pretty much all multiplats. The only exceptions are when the PS3 version has more content or it's up in the air like Sonic Unleashed, in which the PS3 version can actually hit 60fps but falls to 30 or lower a lot and it makes you think it's worse.
>>
>>387294034
>Enough bloat can make it impossible to load your save file, or if you can load the file, the game will lag to a ridiculous degree

I could be wrong but I think the easy fix for this is to always save in multiple slots, like keep at least 4-5 save slots that you save and overwrite in order from top to bottom and over again as to not have every save overwriting the same save slot over and over for 100 hours.
>>
360 version runs fine and runs slightly better on Xbone through backwards compatibility.

It's best to play PC if you want mods, but I put about 400 hours into the 360 version during last generation and never had the weird issues PS3 had with Bethesda games. There were still bugs, but they're mostly gone at this point.
>>
>>387291326
there are occasional freezes, especially when opening doors, usually happens when going from inside to outside. if you see a lot of texture pop-in, stop moving for a couple seconds. eventually you'll have to delete the update to keep it running smoothly. i have to do it manually on my console, clearing the cache doesn't do it. all this tends to start happening around 6 GB but door freezes can happen anytime. i had one happen 10 minutes into a new file but that is very rare.
>>
>>387291326
The longer you play, the longer the load times get in 360. I don't think it ever outright locks up, but you'll want to rip your fucking power cord out once it starts taking MINUTES to load every single time you go through a door.
>>
>>387294612
When this starts to happen reset the 360, and when you turn it back on, hold "A" while NV is selected on the dashboard and the game will clear cache before launching and it should clear that up, at least that's what works for Oblivion.
>>
>>387291326
Occasionally.
>>
>>387293747
>Of course PC is objectively the better platform, but 360 is just as stable if not more so if you have a certain PC setup
you can't seriously believe this nigga

>Even with crash reducing mods and ENBoost this is still the case.
wrong, ever since I've started a new playthrough I've had zero stability-related crashes and I'm W7
you're doing something wrong
>>
Thanks guys you've been very helpful, if I could I'd suck your cocks and do bukkake.
>>
>>387291326
I've played this on the 360 and there is some stutter especially if your save file is over a hundred hours
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.