[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money did SEGA and Haxman shill out for critics to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: DF1zusZXkAI5emB.jpg (16KB, 259x207px) Image search: [Google]
DF1zusZXkAI5emB.jpg
16KB, 259x207px
How much money did SEGA and Haxman shill out for critics to give it scores it doesn't deserve?

the game is 6 at best, and that's being generous.
>>
What? No, it's a 10 at best, it's a 10 point scale, so 10 is the de facto "best".
>>
>>387291236
If you're familiar with sonic it's a 9. Otherwise it could easily be a 7. It doesn't fix any of the series flaws, but rather paints over them lovingly.
>>
>Sonic Mania is the highest rated Sonic game on Metacritic in the last 15 years

What the fuck went so wrong that a ragtag group of fan game developers managed to outclass professional game developers?
>>
>>387292360
The fans knew what worked and what didn't, and that experience was distilled into Mania.
>>
The physics are spot on, the music is good, and a good handful of the levels (including the new Mirage and Studio) are fun enough to play, easily S3K tier. However many of the levels including the remastered ones just feel like a weird slog to get through now, where large rooms open up into multiple routes in all different directions that dilute the cohesion of your forward momentum. Titanic Monarch feels like such a Sonic CD level, it's such a bad way to end the game. 6/10 is a low score but I can't be convinced to give it higher than a 6.5. Though, I would give something like Sonic 4 a 5 or 4.5 overall.
>>
t. egoraptor
>>
File: the truth comes out.png (10KB, 582x81px) Image search: [Google]
the truth comes out.png
10KB, 582x81px
>>387295547
>>
>>387291236
t. Someone who paid for the CE and excpected a 70 dollar game rather than a 20 dollar game
>>
>>387291236
When will /v/ stop being overrun with contrarians?
>>
File: 1501646863994.jpg (409KB, 882x874px) Image search: [Google]
1501646863994.jpg
409KB, 882x874px
>>387295547
>>387295668
Not video games.
>>
>>387293720
>let's just rehash the old beloved classics
>>
File: 1437194287001.jpg (156KB, 797x515px) Image search: [Google]
1437194287001.jpg
156KB, 797x515px
>Sega
>Money
>>
>>387291236
>retards on /v/ think every game is bad
surprise
>>
>>387292261
>paints over them lovingly

Gee I wonder where I heard THAT review before.

same fag from the actual sonic thread making his own hit thread. Interesting

>hurt hurt don't be but hurt, 6/10 is still good, did you get brainwashed by ign or something.

No but anyone who gives it a 6 or even a 7 clearly mistaken flaws for the age old adage of

Get gud.
>>
>>387292360
Sega decided to go full retard starting in the mid-90s, and with Sonic being its biggest international brand every subsequent game needed to push the profit margins to keep Sega alive, therefore a bunch of "appeal to as many people as possible" and "cut corners to make the deadline."

Contrary to popular belief, Sonic Team could make something like Mania if they wanted to. But Sega didn't know if it would be worthwhile since from their perspective they can just pump out shit like Sonic 4 and Generations Classic Sonic while re-releasing 1 and 2 for the 5138th time instead of spending time and money trying to recapture the older games for a new game.
>>
>>387291236
How will Forcesfags ever recover?
>>
>>387295994
by getting both games because we have jobs ;^)
>>
>>387295781
How's it feel to know he's objectively better than you as a person?
>>
>>387291236
I dunno about you, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
>inb4shill
Sometimes, people actually enjoy things that you don't or think things are good when you think they aren't good.
>>
>it's another Sonyfag upset a non-Sony exclusive game got good reviews thread
>>
>>387295994
By not caring? Why would someone a fan of one brand of game be upset if a different brand did well?
>>
>>387296217
k bud
sonic was never good
>>
>>387291236
found the pc gamer
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.