[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>PS4 got Nier:Automata >Xbox got this >it was never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: Scalebound.png (1MB, 800x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Scalebound.png
1MB, 800x1023px
>PS4 got Nier:Automata
>Xbox got this
>it was never even realised
What the fuck, Platinum? This is still bullshit. Is it going to be picked up again or what?
>>
>Scalebound was supposed to be Platinums magnum opus and Microsoft's next big franchise
>Nier Automata was their side project which Sony didn't pay a cent for it's original exclusivity because Japanese people don't play on Xbox and only got on PC bevause enough people asked for it
>Scalebound got canned and Nier Automata sold and scored well enough to “save” Platinum

Kinda funny when you think about it
>>
>>387290314
It looked like shit and probably was but it still would have been neat to see the final product.
>>
what went wrong?
>>
>>387290314

Don't worry. I am sure the mechanics and under the hood programming will help a new Drakenguard game eventually.

And that game will never come to Xbox because fuck xbros.
>>
File: 1500339867211.jpg (42KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1500339867211.jpg
42KB, 680x684px
>>387290314
As the lone Xbot here this still hurts, but not so much. Especially since Bayonetta went BC and Metal Gear Rising did as well today. It is how it is.
>>
>>387290314
it looked horribly boring. people only wanted it because it was japanese
>>
desu this game looked like shit but for Microsoft to pull the plug so late in development they must have wanted to fuck Platinum over

when you pull the plug that late the developers usually get fucked VERY hard on the financial side
>>
>>387291132
I'm glad platinum didn't take money from sony because otherwise shitload of wouldn't have been able to play this beautiful game
>>
>>387290314
PS4 got Nier:Automata
*pc got nier automata.
correct
>>
I think Microsoft is forgetting that in order to sell a console you must first release games for it. They've fucking cancelled their entire lineup of games announced at E3 from some years past
>>
File: 1457379152712.png (137KB, 465x996px) Image search: [Google]
1457379152712.png
137KB, 465x996px
>get talented director and team
>instead of letting them do their own thing, micromanage them
>change their visions so it sells to lowest common denominator
>the end result is something so shitty it doesnt even meet your bare level of quality and cancel it

I dont know who was more stupid in this scenario though, MS for ruining something that couldve been great or P* for thinking working for MS would be beneficial
>>
I thought a few months before release they at least played with the idea of releasing Nier for Xbone. Guess that never happened.
>>387291132
The secret plan to megacuck Microsoft.
>>
>>387291341
Guess we'll never know
>>
>>387290314
I was actually really looking forward to this game
Yeah there was a lot of little things I didn't like about it, and the early gameplay we saw was pretty underwhelming, but there is massive potential in the idea and I'd have love to see it actually fully developed.
There was a random post on some forum I saw a screencap of here that was supposedly some guy's experience with an inhouse build. It was probably bullshit, but he described a combo system where you would juggle enemies between you and the dragon by giving it commands and it sounded cool as fuck.

I don't know if it was Microsoft fucking with them or Platinum not being able to make it work, but I'm sad it died.
>>
>>387292971
Tbf Platinum should have known from previous companies like Bungie and Rare that Microsoft are micromanaging control freaks.

I mean ffs the reason they left Capcom and went to do their own thing at Platinum was because of micromanagement.
>>
>japs jewwing (((M$)))

pottery
>>
>you will never be as cucked and btfo as xbots
>>
>>387292365
Publishers don't cancel multi million projects just to fuck some developers over you fucking manchild.

The game was either some abomination or it would takes years to finish it.
>>
>>387298312
You must be 18 years or older to post here
>>
>>387299337
You would enjoy yourself more in the youtube comment section for parroting highly generic shit like that.
>>
>>387299595
Take the hint that you do not know what you are talking about when you do not think that MS was the ones who screwed Platinum over.
Microsoft should have learn from their practice with Double Helix and Iron Galaxy
>>
>>387299916
Given that Platinum was given 3+ years and still didn't came up with anything remotely attractive it's cleary platinum's fault. Can't even say that the features that Microsoft wanted overwhelmed Platinum because all we have seen in the trailers is shit that Platinum is supposedly good at and it still all looked like shit.
>>
>>387290314
Makes me wonder what game they're making for the Switch right now

Pls don't be Wonderful 102
>>
>>387300470
Also didn't help Platinum a few more games after scalebound was announced
>transformers
>star fox
>The legend of korra
>TMNT
>neir
>>
It got to the point that one of the producers at Platinum, the American one, left because of how ugly the bts stuff was
>>
>>387298312
This is Vegas says hello.

Warner Bros invested $60 million before that got canned
>>
File: Poor.jpg (108KB, 1013x891px) Image search: [Google]
Poor.jpg
108KB, 1013x891px
>>387297954
>I mean ffs the reason they left Capcom and went to do their own thing at Platinum was because of micromanagement.

That's not why they left. They were never micromanaged when they worked as Clover for Capcom. They had full reign to do whatever the fuck they want as long as the studio proved to be successful. Obviously they weren't after several attempts so Capcom was going to reabsorb all the talent back into their internal teams to work on established projects. Faced with a decision, key members decided to split and try to take a shot at forming their own company.
>>
why are people acting like this would have saved the xbox? you guys do realize it would have been ported to pc like every xbone """"""'exclusive"'"""""""" ?
>>
>>387290314
Microsoft killed the game with their insane demands. They were literally changing the game fundamentally every couple month causing Platinum to continually lose money by being stuck in a kill contract. Microsoft was trying their hardest to destroy the company financially so they could swoop in and buy it for almost nothing making them a Microsoft first party dev. Kamiya made quite a few detailed posts about it on his twitter in both English and Japanese. He was crushed. Microsoft 'own' the property, but I wouldn't expect to see anything come out of that. Scummiest company going.
>>
>>387298312
Yes they do. That is one of the many ways to initiate a hostile take over.
>>
>>387302024
Source my ass
>>
>>387302206
Source Kamiya's fucking twitter account, which you probably can't see because you were blocked for being a fuck up asshole.
>>
>>387302206
this. people are making these baseless claims but not a single ounce of source has been provided. reminds me of that one thread where an xbot posted all this proof of the xbox one making profit and the best argument people could come up with is
>literally who
and
>implying this is even true
kek
>>
>>387302294
One big problem with your source is that Platinum games is located in japan and japan law doesn't allow foreign companies to by japanese companies
Two I'm on his Twitter page and it doesn't say that at all and no I don't follow him at all so I can't get blocked if he doesn't know I'm there
>>
>>387290314
>2017
>still no good dragon games
Why the actual fuck is this allowed.
>>
>>387302019
>ported to pc
No one cares about crappy inferior versions that devs abandon right after release.
>>
>>387302629
>no good dragon games
>when dragon's dogma exists
>inb4 2017 you fuck
>it's getting a PS4 port
>>
>>387290314
>PS4 got Nier:Automata*
*Also available on PC
>>
>>387302549
>japan law doesn't allow foreign companies to by japanese companies

I've never seen this law mentioned anywhere but here on /v/
>>
>>387302886
Compared to Xbone's
*Never available
>>
>>387290314
>Kamiya wants to make his deam game about little girl and her dragon
>ask Microsoft for money
>oh, sure! we'll fund it!
>but replace the girl with dudebro!
>year later
>and make it coop loot grinding fest!
>year later
>and make the graphics super good!
>year later
>and make it run at 60fps!
>wah, you can't?! fucking cancelled!
>>
>>387302418
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Kamiya was certainly pissed at them during Gamescom for their treatment of the game. If I remember correctly he said something to the effect "Is MS fucking with me?". He deleted the post but it lives on in blog form. I was pretty pissed off when they cancelled it as it was my last holdout for my XBOXONE purchase to be worth a damn. I'm happy I got that thing for next to nothing. Fuck Microsoft.
>>
File: Arisen's Bond with me Grigori.jpg (142KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Arisen's Bond with me Grigori.jpg
142KB, 768x1280px
>>387302870
Grigori is the best dragon in videogames, but I definitely wouldn't call DD a "dragon game"
He shows up in the opening scene, then fucks off for 70% of the game, then has a fantastic speech then fucks off some more, and then you kill him and jump in a big hole
Still a great game, but needs more dragons

Also the ps4 port is pretty pointless after the PC release. Its runs like butter on everything but the most pathetic of toasters and only costs 30$ on steam
>>
>>387298312
>>387292365
Microsoft did this to Motiga and Gigantic. They'd have gone under if they hadn't cupped Perfect worlds balls and worked for free for 8 months.
Bethesda also did this with Prey 2.
>>
>>387303441
Yeah, I wish he had more involvement in the actual development of things. I don't even think the PS4 will have the Berserk Costumes so eh.
>>
>>387302886
>*Also available on PC
>>387302774
>>
>>387303556
I don't blame ms for Gigantic alot of news media was shitting on it. I still wouldn't be surprised if people still think it's a bad game
>>
>>387303441
This, very cool dragon character, but the last actual "dragon game" made was Drakengard 3 and it isnt really a game for everyone, Scalebound was supposed to have a wider appeal and if done well it could have made more devs to try to make more games like it, some people were really hyped about SB not for being an xbone exclusive or for platinum games fanboyism but simply for the concept.
>>
>>387291809
>mgr bc
nice
>>
>>387302629
Panzer Dragoon?
>>
>>387303206
The only improvement was the dudebro and the 60 fps
>>
fuck xbros
>>
>>387306998
>dudebro was an improvement
Eh, I didn't hate Drew and never like comparisons with Donte but he was kinda another generic cuhrayzee white haired guy. Genre already has enough of them.
>>
>>387297954
True, but MS was "turning a new leaf" at the time. But all that shit they announced got cancelled and ruined, we know what happened with the phantom dust reboot but I am really interested to hear what went on with Scalebound. All we know is alleged shouting matches between JP Kellam and MS PR
>>
>>387302024
>>387302180
American companies can't buy Japanese ones
>>
>ps4 got nier
Nan. PC (Steam) got it.
>>
File: 1497882469715.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497882469715.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>387303206
>Platinum games didn't nothing wrong bros!!!
>All of this is because of Microsoft who funded the project
Lmao, the state of weeb.
>>
>>387307476
PC version is abomination. I can run Witcher 3 maxed at 60fps but struggle to run Automata in 900 fucking p.
>>
>>387307642
Same with the ps4 version which freeze sometimes.
>>
>>387307642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMizYNi6-h8
>>
>>387302549
What? But how do you explain the development of the canceled game? Microsoft is not a japanese company yet they did a contract.
>>
>>387307824
>Titan X SLI
>>
>>387307720
Huh? Can you elaborate please.
>>
>>387309060
Is a butthurt pcfag that believes every version of the ps4 game freeze.
>>
>>387291809
You're hardly alone, bro. We just keep our heads down to avoid the sony chucklefuck fanboy shit flinging.

Besides, it's more fun to watch them fight with PCfatties and Nintendonts.
>>
>>387309115
Well, I found this video. Author claims he tested 4 different consoles and all of them had stuttering. Which is fucking annoying, I want to get Automata for PS4 since my PC doesn't run it without stuttering but now I'm not even sure what should I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05dvC8WkS8
>>
>>387302982
It's literally the reason Sega exists
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.