[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mad Max any good ? People have been telling me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mad-max-screen-04.jpg (314KB, 1920x1013px) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-screen-04.jpg
314KB, 1920x1013px
Is Mad Max any good ?
People have been telling me it's underrated and one of the best games of that year, Is this true
>>
>>387287295
It's pretty good.

Avalanche's A-team was behind it and it shows.
>>
>>387287295
It's rather fun, even more so if you love collecting random shit and scavenging. The beginning is a bit of a drag and it's probably not the best game of that year, but it was good.
>>
Only thing I didn't like was the ending
>>
after the hype i was a little disappointed. it's not amazing but it's not terrible tho the fucking dusters are annoying as shit.
>>
>>387287295
Its an ok game, really fun if youre a mad max fan
Melee combat needs some work from the standard batman stuff but car fighting feels great

It also comes standard with the best car being destroyed in the first 10 seconds like some sort of shitty tradition
>>
>>387287295
Yeah, it's great. I got 100% after 75 hours. But BundleStars usually sells it for 4.99 so just wait for a sale.
>>
It's alright. It's repetitive and mind numbing but that's not necessarily a problem if you like the parts that make up the core gameplay which are solid.
>>
>>387287295
It gets pretty repetitive after a bit, and the end game stuff basically isn't there, but I liked it a lot. Get it cheap.
>>
>>387287295
Its one of those decent "alright" games kind of like Alice madness returns or shadows of the damned
>>
File: 1480643278577.jpg (30KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1480643278577.jpg
30KB, 500x374px
From a gameplay perspective, it's pretty mediocre. The entire game is just repetitive BamHam combat with no depth or challenge. If you're a Mad Max fan or just like cool desert locales, than you'll probably like it a bunch, it has a ton of love poured into the setting and it really shines. You can also grab it on sale for like 5 bucks, so just wait for that.
>>
Will give it a go then
thanks bwais
>>
Good bits:
-Plenty of Mad Max lore if you're a fan of the setting
-Driving feels pretty good and upgrading your car is rewarding
-Car combat can be fun once you get the hang of it
-Looks pretty good
Bad bits:
-Non-vehicle combat is bog-standard Arkham combat with a little more blood
-Missions are pretty repetitive and Ubisoft-ish
-Fuel and water are pretty much negligible from the start

It's a decent game for unwinding, but it's at most a 6/10 game.
>>
>>387287295
Its good, fun and it runs really well.
Its also a really good demo for Vulkan right up there with Doom.
Vulkan version is Linux exclusive though.
>>
>>387287295
Vehicle combat is A++, melee combat is bamham garbage. A lot of collectathon bullshit and tedious unlocks for your vehicle. Its enjoyable for the first few hours then you start doing the same shit over and over again, at that point its best to just get a trainer and upgrade your car to max everything.
>>
>>387288092
>-Car combat can be fun once you get the hang of it
>-Non-vehicle combat is bog-standard Arkham combat with a little more blood

I actually enjoyed the ground combat more. the vehicle combat you never got to ram or do any fun stuff you just shot red fuel tanks or spammed bazooka even the fun harpoon couldn't be used against like 90% of the cars.
>>
>>387287295
Pros: great visuals, well optimized, every area and little outpost is unique
Cons:online component to 100% the game, car combat gets stale and repetitive other than convoys, collectathon for scrap to upgrade car, mediocre story.

pretty good game worth a playthrogh.
Storms are the visual highlights of the game and convoys the combat highlights of the game, but they do not respawn, so don't kill the head car if you want to do them again.
Outside vehicle combat is banham combat but more brutal, killing enemies, breaking limbs ect.

I played it on the PS4 and while it is visually impressive, there were lots of random noticeable framerate drops/stutter.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.