[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled. Can we now agree that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 32

File: DaS3.jpg (86KB, 691x389px) Image search: [Google]
DaS3.jpg
86KB, 691x389px
Now that the dust has settled. Can we now agree that this was worse than DS2?
>>
File: SIMPLISTIC.jpg (1KB, 106x125px) Image search: [Google]
SIMPLISTIC.jpg
1KB, 106x125px
>>
File: 1457977019418.png (11KB, 399x494px) Image search: [Google]
1457977019418.png
11KB, 399x494px
Honestly, yeah.

I've recently been thinking about how utter shit the level design in DaS3 is.
You've got an absolute shit-conga lineup of levels in the form of Road of Sacrifices through to the Catacombs/fiery lake area that is probably some of the worst content in the franchise, the secret/optional areas are all lazy as fuck and even when the level design is "good", it still never compares to the better parts of DeS, DaS or BB.

Shit game.
>>
>>387284826
yes, and it attracted an unusual amount of normies too for some weird fucking reason.
>>
File: 1500342718004.jpg (15KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1500342718004.jpg
15KB, 458x458px
>>
>>387284826
mmmmm no.
>>
>>387284826
No.

Kys DS2 apologist and stop with this thread every day.

DS2 will always be the worst game in the series
>>
Nah, DS2 has even worse mechanics than DS1
DS3 fixed most, if not all mechanical and technological problems the other titles had, including Bloodborne.

DS1>DS3>DS2

>>387285883
With the rising popularity of memes and videogames in general, there's no wonder chads run around as sunbros
>>
Even if DaS3 is better in some objective sense, there is zero reason to play it. The combat has been changed from something slow and methodical into mediocre action schlock with a spamable iframe button; the branching paths of prior games are now a nearly linear experience; the unique locals of DaS2 and BB have been thrown out and instead we get more swamps, more catacombs, more castles, and more ruins; build variety is a joke; etc. etc. It's got more in common with Devil May Cry 3 than Dark Souls so why am I not just playing Devil May Cry?

DaS2 might be the worst in the series, but unlike DaS3 I can't point to a different game in a different series and say "this game is better than it in every way".
>>
>>387284826
Fell for the b8
>>
YES. NOW STFU ABOUT IT.
>>
File: 1378162494337.png (79KB, 211x220px) Image search: [Google]
1378162494337.png
79KB, 211x220px
>>387286236
>DS3 fixed most, if not all mechanical and technological problems the other titles had, including Bloodborne.

Did absolutely nothing of the sort.

>dropped the perfected BB backstab to one more comparable to DaS2
>poise is still fucking useless. Even if you think it was broken in DaS1, they've made fuck all attempt to improve it.
>this is turn makes heavy armour a complete waste since all it does is potentially slow you down for absolutely zero benefit whatsoever (even BB gave you reason to equip different sets for status effect resistance)
>same issue that BB has with dodges consuming too little stamina, only at least it was justified in BB given that it was a faster paced game with no shields
>this combined with rolls having an absurd amount of i-frames makes roll-spam worse than it's ever been
>shields may as well not exist because blocking most bosses is likely to result in you having to eat a 10-hit wombo combo because the whole fucking game is built around roll-spam
>weapon arts are a total joke that only exist because plain old DaS weapons look tame as fuck compared to what they did with BB. Half of them could have been regular spells and they even use the same resource

Explain to me what exactly DaS3 "fixed".
>>
>>387286236
DaS3 though did have some balancing issues with enemies

>Those sword enemies in Boreal Valley that are fast as hell and does those long 6+ combos and hits hard
>Those other enemies in the prison with that smog that temporary drops your max HP(which can kill you) and getting hit with the branding iron makes you unable to move for a few seconds which it can also kill you when you are stunned

Who the fuck at From though this was a good idea? Fuck those enemies hard!
>>
The boss fights in DS2 were fucking abysmal compared to the ones in DS3, especially the DLC bosses.
>>
>>387284826
Yes
>>
>>387284826
No
>>
This is bait. DS3 was so refreshing to play after the absolute SLOG that was 2. Tighter movement, fluid combat and it just FELT so much better to play.

2 plays like ass. Like a literal fangame
>>
>>387287964
Darklurker, all of the DLC bosses except for the triple gank boss in Shulva, the Persuer, Velstad. Yes DS3 bosses are better, DS2 ones are not bad though
>>
>>387287695
To add:
Estus is now lightning fast. So fast that they may as well removed it entirely and just tacked an extra 1000 HP onto your life bar. Bosses are now designed around taking you from 100 to 0 in a single wombs combo because anything less than that will just be healed up instantly (and only the DLC fights last long enough for running out of estus to be a concern).

If DaS2 did anything right, it was making heals slow as fuck.
>>
>>387284826
Fuck no, DaS2 was absolute garbage.
>>
>>387287695
>heavy armor does nothing
it heavily reduces damage, retard. and poise is much better balanced than retards with max poise stunlocking you with fast attacks.

>dodges requiring too little stamina
this is a good addition because it encourages dodging. the combat isn't fun when you're turtling.

>shields are pointless
they're not. you're meant to use them to block difficult to dodge attacks, not just sit there blocking until you feel like attacking. the game is more proactive.

>weapon arts are a joke
maybe you should try actually using them before you develop an opinion. :^)
>>
>>387284826
>Lack of bosses.
>Half the bosses are shitty gimmicks.
>Other half are the same bullshit over and over.
>Vordt, Pontiff, Dancer, etc. All require the same strategy and have the same feel in that they're enemies that just swing wildly off into the distance.
>The aesthetic is washed out and muddy.
>Enemies act like they're from a real action game, like DMC, being overly mobile and aggressive, but it doesn't work in a Souls game so they usually end up running off cliffs or just getting stuck on terrain.
>Massive pathing issues in general.
>Worse A.I. than the previous two entries. Enemies regularly just pat in circles or walk off cliffs to their own deaths.
>Massively over-uses the same fucking enemy types again and again, with most areas having Undead Settlement Hollow variations + One new enemy, maybe.
>Pointless fucking areas like the Cathedral of the Deep.
>Being able to roll fifty times and Estus instantly.
>Whole game feels like a shitty anime trying to be Dark Souls. Nothing has any weight at all, even 12 foot knights in armor swing ten foot swords around like pool noodles.
>The bosses magnify this even worse, with a lot of them moving around like retards, such as Dancer, who is supposed to be unnerving, but just looks bad because every time she moves she just clips into herself.
>The mocapped animations were replaced with amateur robotic garbage where your head can turn over 180 degrees away from your torso.
>The story blows dick and the NPCs are largely non-existent.
>>
Dark souls 3 is shit aside from the last dlc unpatched. 2 was a better game overall I never understood the dark souls 2 is bad meme, sure it's not better than 1 or bb but it's good
>>
File: +.jpg (28KB, 393x427px) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
28KB, 393x427px
>>387287695
>>poise is still fucking useless. Even if you think it was broken in DaS1, they've made fuck all attempt to improve it.
Poise was going to be implemented but Miyazaki decided to leave it out, how would someone having havels armor set and max poise be fair in a fight? You guys are worse than the people that go on forums and start writing out an entire post on why their favorite item isn't op and why they shouldn't nerf it.
>>
>>387288515
>Nothing has any weight at all

But this is literally DaS2. Dark Souls 3 felt amazing, the character had weight again and moving felt grounded, unlike the buttery slippery shitty floaty mess of DaS2.
>Mocapped animations replaced with amateur robotic garbage

Sorry DaS2 apologist but nobody thinks that shitty game has good animations.

All said, if DaS2 had DaS3 graphics/movement feel, it would be much better than 3. But it feels like shit rendering largely the cool areas/some bosses pointless because it's such a slog.
>>
>>387288515
>Half the bosses are shitty gimmicks
Name all the gimmicks, Casual Das2cuck.
>>
>>387288387
> I'll defend this game with sentences that sound good but are not logical
Dodges need to require more stamina, stops spamming and makes the player think and develop a playstyle towards intelligent stamina management. Heavy armor does reduce more damage but without poise and everyone spamming rolls is just shit. Blocking shields are shit in DS3, unless you use magic shield spell or go full retarded with stats. Weapon arts are a great idea, bad implemented; most of weapon arts are bad comparing it to a 10% of weapons who have overpowered weapon arts
>>
>>387288387
>it heavily reduces damage
You are thick as shit and are objectively wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Q8tlPOCPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThMBbBFS41w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKc9ejlUYs

>this is a good addition because it encourages dodging. the combat isn't fun when you're turtling.
It encourages mindless smashing of the roll button while the boss shits out his 10-hit flail.

>they're not. you're meant to use them to block difficult to dodge attacks
Literally no such thing as a difficult to dodge attack in DaS3. Just mash that roll.
>>
>>387284826
DS1 Des and BB were good
Ds2 and Ds3 were money grabs and just garbage shit
>>
File: tile.jpg (296KB, 996x623px) Image search: [Google]
tile.jpg
296KB, 996x623px
>>387284826
Sorry, baby
>>
>>387284826
definitely not
>>
>>387284826
I disagree, only thing DS2 had was more weapon/armor variety, twinblades, and powersyanving. If it weren't for the lifegems, soul memory, and areas like the ones around brightstone caves are worse than lost izalith, which was at least cool because by then you reach the point where you're killing early game bosses as mobs. What I hate most about ds3 is how stamina and endurance aren't 1 stat, and the ninja flip boss movesets
>>
>>387284826
Dark Souls 2 is ugly, has some really bad enemy placements (SoTFS), mostly boring bossfights and some forgettable NPCs.
>>
>>387284826
No, 3 was much better.
>>
>>387288868
>But this is literally DaS2.
No it isn't. DaS2 has the most weight, that's why it feels unresponsive to most people. There's delays and wind down times, just like in real life. You can't swing three times and then break into an animation-calcelling roll chain afterwards.

>Sorry DaS2 apologist but nobody thinks that shitty game has good animations.
They're still better than 3's, by a metric fuck ton too.

>>387288925
>Yhorn, get sword, 4 shot him.
>Greatwood tree is literally "ATTACK THE WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE"
>Wolnir is the same shit.
>First phase Nameless King is the same shit.
>Ancient Wyvern Boss is the same shit.

Then there's trash bosses that are coventous demon-tier:
>Crystal Sage
>Deacons
>Old Demon King
>Aldritch

This is nearly half the bosses in the game btw.
>>
File: 1502482088637.jpg (117KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
1502482088637.jpg
117KB, 487x487px
>>387290968
>>Yhorn, get sword, 4 shot him.
Or you could prove you have actual balls and fight him without the stormruler.
>>Greatwood tree is literally "ATTACK THE WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE"
>>Wolnir is the same shit.
>>First phase Nameless King is the same shit.
So killing the dragon he's riding is a gimmick?, and the best part is its not even that hard.
>>Ancient Wyvern Boss is the same shit.
You dont need to do the plunge, that was your choice.
I literally only see 2 bosses that were gimmicks.
>>
>>387291691
>Or you could [spend all day fighting through his absurd defense while dodging his simplistic attacks if you] fight him without the stormruler.

Unless you're autistic and enjoy doing boring, repetitive tasks, he's a gimmick boss.
>>
>>387286098
They can make more.
>>
>>387291691
>Or you could prove you have actual balls and fight him without the stormruler.
I did you retard. The Stormruler gimmick just made the tedium of that fight even worse. It's not even a good fight.

>So killing the dragon he's riding is a gimmick?
Yes. Everything about that first phase is a gimmick. It's there to pad the fight.

>You dont need to do the plunge, that was your choice.
You realize that the fight has a gimmick whether you choose to do the gimmick or not, right? The fights were designed with that stupid gimmick in mind. No amount of reaction images is going to change that.
>>
File: 1502589576886.jpg (159KB, 456x502px) Image search: [Google]
1502589576886.jpg
159KB, 456x502px
>>387292017
>>Unless you're autistic and enjoy doing boring, repetitive tasks, he's a gimmick boss.

No he isn't man, Hit his hands to deal more damage. The way you want to take down two of these bosses is your choice, you just choose the easier way and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
I need my daily shitting on Dark Souls 2 to get me through.

Das2 sucks dick. And 3 is just okay.
>>
File: bbmoonlightdunk.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bbmoonlightdunk.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387292342
3 is what we SHOULD have gotten after Dark Souls 1. Fuck Dark Souls 2. It's garbage and it was being made at the same time as Bloodborne too. I guess all the talented people were working on BB instead.
>>
you only like dark souls 3 because it has bonfires every 5 minutes

you only dislike dark souls 2 because you can't handle enemy mobs

dark souls 2 wins here because it doesn't treat you like a diapered baby
>>
File: 20170815231211_1.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170815231211_1.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that PVP is the only replayability these games have, and if the PVP is garbage, then there's no reason to play the game again.

Let's not forget ">playing for the story / PVE"
Dark Souls 3 has NO story and every area is a linear brown and grey shitfest.
>>
>>387292701
>Reminder that PVP is the only replayability these games have
but that's wrong
>>
>>387285123
So tell me is this supposed to be something?
>>
It feels like they just took bloodborne and ripped the soul out of it.

DS2 at least felt interesting and had heart put into it, if a little flawed.
>>
>>387292753
Explain.
>>
File: squidward cozy.png (357KB, 497x359px) Image search: [Google]
squidward cozy.png
357KB, 497x359px
Reinstalling Scholar. Ask me anything.
>>
>>387292856
pick a different class, use different weapons, take other starting gifts
>>
>>387284826
I can agree that you're a massive faggot who should kill himself for making a "now that the dust has settled" thread.
>>
File: mediocre.jpg (1MB, 635x5620px) Image search: [Google]
mediocre.jpg
1MB, 635x5620px
>>387292017
>Unless you're autistic and enjoy doing boring, repetitive tasks, he's a gimmick boss.
almost every single boss in DS2
>>
File: 20170306143935_1.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170306143935_1.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>387292903
RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD
>>
>>387292925
But what's the appeal of making a build if you can't share it online with other players? In fact, if you're online, you'll always be making sure your build is PvP viable because of the fact that you can be invaded at any moment.
>>
>>387293019
the fuck is a gimmick boss
>>
File: great god that puss.png (125KB, 286x477px) Image search: [Google]
great god that puss.png
125KB, 286x477px
>>387293036
>>
>>387293097
>But what's the appeal of making a build if you can't share it online with other players?

playing the game?
>>
File: 1501387644387m.jpg (182KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501387644387m.jpg
182KB, 732x1024px
Oh yeah
and Ds2 is better than Ds1
>>
>>387293191
But you've already played the game. What now? Attack enemies, but this time a blue buff of smoke comes out of them?
>>
>>387293426
>But you've already played the game. What now?
I play it again.

Listen, kiddo, back in my day, we used to give games multiple playthroughs, especially when they give you options for playing the game differently. We didn't just rush through the game for the cheevos and send it back to gamefly.
>>
>>387293508
Except when it comes to a bland soulless game like DS3, not even the Souls fanbase wants to touch it again. At this point, it's full of normies.
>>
>>387293019
You don't know what a gimmick is my son. It's OK to feel embarrassed, just try harder next time.
>>
>>387286236
At least as a blue sentinel I could invade sinners in ds2, i enjoy 3, but holy shit blue summons are so rare it's insane.

And the darkmoons and sentinels do the same thing. Now if there'd been a blue orb for the darkmoons and summons for the sentinels...

Also, weapon arts are cool, but power stance was cooler.
>>
>>387284826

I'm playing it for the first time at the moment, at nearly 40 hours in I'm pretty confident that I like it more than 2, which I think was blatantly inferior to 1.
>>
>>387292249
>Hit feet.
>Deal ~50 damage
>Hit hands
>Deal ~110 damage
>Boss has 27k health.
Quality DaS3 boss fight.

Not even the most disappointing either. Everyone on /v/ constantly sperged over Pontiff and he was one of the easier fights in the game despite his random anime attacks. I didn't even know he had a clone phase until I watched a friend fight him, because it dies before he even finishes summoning it, or he doesn't summon it at all because he dies so damn fast.
>>
>>387293947
>Also, weapon arts are cool, but power stance was cooler.
It helps that Power Stance was useful and cool, while most weapon arts are completely fucking worthless.
>>
Ds1>ds3=ds2
Ds3 is superior to ds2 in so many aspects but is way too linear and no fun to replay.
>>
>>387294369
I didn't even know Soul of Cinder could change his weapon in his first phase because I melted him on my first playthrough. I also thought the Gwyn transformation was fucking stupid and saw it as nothing more than even MORE fanservice that the game was shoving in my face.
>>
>>387294494
>Ds3 is superior to ds2 in so many aspects
How so? Serious question.
>>
>all the games in the series did something really well and unique to other dark souls games
>they will never be combined into the true dark souls experience
feels bad
>>
>>387284826
Nope.
DS2 is still the weakest game in the soulsborne collective by a large margin.

DS2 children are now old enough to write their shitty toddler opinions on the internet, nothing to see here.
>>
>>387294728
not that guy, but just to name a few:
better graphics (not sure if it's that important though)
better bosses (generally)
better world cohesion
>>
>>387294781
They'd have to get rid of so much of 3 to create a well made Dark Souls combination game. DaS3's combat is so far removed from anything else in the Soulsborne series that it's basically just some wanna-be action game with shitty controls and no jump button.

It completely lost the spirit of what made DeS and DaS1 so memorable, and even though DaS2 is pretty "quality" it at least tried a lot of new and interesting things and went in its own direction. DaS3 was just pandering combined with the table scraps from BB.

>>387294871
>DS2 children are now old enough to write their shitty toddler opinions on the internet
DaS1 and 2 are barely more than two years apart you chucklefuck.
>>
File: oZkJL_f-.jpg (296KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
oZkJL_f-.jpg
296KB, 600x302px
>>387294781
>>
>2
shit core gameplay but innovates on a lot
>3
great core gameplay (apart from a few issues) but adamantly refuses to take any kind of risks
>>
>>387294781
Such is life
>>
>>387295104
>better world cohesion
I will never understand this in regard to DaS3. The areas in DaS3 weren't handled any better than DaS2's, save for the fact that you can see them from one another, sometimes. Which has no impact on anything. The lore about them is also nonsensical and no zone directly impacts the other anyway. There's also the fact that you are forced to teleport to various other areas because they're not even physically linked together.

"World cohesion" is a completely moot point that's only even mentioned because DaS2's world layout made no sense.
>>
>>387295104
>gwaffix

>better world cohesion
>one long brown turd
>superior
>>
File: 1461893784722.png (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1461893784722.png
11KB, 321x322px
>>387294781
>Dark Souls 3 did something really well and unique to the other Dark Souls games
Yeah like uh...
um...
er...
>>
>>387295468
It was unique in that it had nothing to add.
>>
>>387295468
the only thing it added was not looking like complete ass and having some semblance of a lighting system
>>
File: bbmlgs.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bbmlgs.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387295468
the only Souls games after Demon's Souls that actually did anything new were Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.
>>
>>387295583
wait a second, isn't that laser identical to Midir's?
>>
File: shin2.webm (3MB, 954x400px) Image search: [Google]
shin2.webm
3MB, 954x400px
>>387295667
yeah, but I think Midir's is more of an homage to Shin Godzilla.
>>
>>387295582
>some semblance of a lighting system
And yet it managed to be the most desaturated and washed out of all the games in the series. How does From fuck this shit up?

>>387295583
Powerstance, Ascetics, and useful covenants, were all hallmarks of DaS2 that no other Soulsborne games have.
>>
Dark souls 3 have epic bosses creative shortcuts deep npcs and good design overall. That is why ds2 falls short, keep crying ds2 fags have some taste
>>
File: 1447415177471.png (326KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1447415177471.png
326KB, 1024x1024px
>>387295583
>>387295583
Remember when you could powerstance in Bloodborne? Remember how if you wanted to fight one of the many great Bloodborne bosses again all you had to do was use an item at the lamps? Remember how you could choose to still get invaded in an area, even after you killed that area's boss?
>>
>>387295995
2 had objectively the best covenents in the series, while at the same time fucking up reds and blues worse than they've ever been
although they never even attempted to fix blues in 3, despite giving them 2 whole covenants
Rats and bongbros should have been brought back and I'll never get over how FROM thought the wolves and faithful were good substitutes. Hell, they're not even as good as the hunters from 1 because the areas aren't designed for pvp defense at all
>>
>>387295998
Just an Action RPG with a few good level designs and bosses is a pretty shallow thing to ask for in a Souls game.
>>
>>387284826
DS2 is shit.
>movement is complete garbage, like a drunken turtle in comparison to the player characters of the other games, from the weapon impact sounds to the simple movement, rolling and swinging weapons. No weight to it
>bosses are complete filler
>fanservice everywhere, with bosses having descriptions that remount to " 'member this guy from DS1? i 'member" without anything else
>Lots of bosses with boring, uninspired movesets that feel almost identical to the normal mobs throughout the level, and to each other.
>soundtrack is embarrassingly bad
>levels are boring. There are a lot of them but none of them have any real amount of branching paths, secrets, shortcuts, etc (except the Gutter). The majority of them are nothing but glorified hallways filled with nothing but dudes to fight. No reward for exploration.
>environments are repeated texture ad nauseum with no decorations
>Fucked up geography.
>Soul Memory
>>
File: 1502724377007.png (908KB, 870x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1502724377007.png
908KB, 870x1026px
I really love DS3, but am I the only one who hated almost every single boss fight? They were almost all terrible and frustrating, or ridiculously easy. I died to the Demon King at least 20 times, not because he's a hard boss, but because I couldn't see what was happening on the fucking screen with his fire effect. That happened on too many bosses too, lothric princes were annoying because they would always teleport off screen and hit me, same thing with the nameless king, during his first phase I literally couldn't see his swings because the dumb dragon filled up the screen. It was either that, or they were piss easy. I beat the Saint of the Deep fight on my first try after accidentally stumbling into the arena with 2 flasks left, and I beat the high lord without even getting hit once. Great game, but really fucking disappointing boss fights.
>>
>>387284826
DS3>>DS2>>>>SHIT>SotFS
>>
>>387296994
2 wasn't just a bad souls game
It was garbage game in general
>>
>>387297102
>teleport off screen
Pretty sure your lockon stays locked on when he teleports most of the time, and when it doesn't he's doing a big wind up so you've got time to find him
demon king, nameless, and midir all have the issue of breaking lockon for no reason, but none of the other bosses do. Maybe throw in cursed greatwood since his arms are above the camera when you're in close
>>
File: 1501890734829.jpg (56KB, 335x245px) Image search: [Google]
1501890734829.jpg
56KB, 335x245px
>basically a normal fag with secret niche autism
>If I don't like the end result of my character's progression and primary weapons at end of game I must redo it
>for example, a primary pole arm user that suddenly uses something like a ultra great sword on the side
>replayed the entire game at least 4 times in a row with 95% of the same weapons and build to get the right feeling
I'm aware of how much time I'm wasting for something so meaningless with no variation,
and yet I can't stop being compelled.
>>
File: Old_Knight.png (464KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Knight.png
464KB, 598x369px
>>387296994
>fanservice everywhere, with bosses having descriptions that remount to " 'member this guy from DS1? i 'member" without anything else

You and I both know you're just baiting with a deflection of a common complaint about Dark Souls 3. There are no overwhelming examples of this outside Old Dragonslayer and Oswald whereas in Dark Souls 3 they reuse whole locations and infinitely more characters.

>soundtrack is embarrassingly bad

I used to think so, honestly because I hadn't made it very far into the game and hadn't heard many of them, but I can tell now it's certainly not a weak soundtrack by any means especially as the game goes on, which I recall is also the case in the first Dark Souls.

>levels are boring. No reward for exploration.

Dark Souls 2 has nearly as much blind exploration as DaS. More than most other games in the series. There's chests and hidden jumps and breakable walls out the ass and I have 2 saves where I completely finished the base game and DLC and I'm still finding shit. Exploration is definitely not an issue at all in the game.

The only game in the series I can honestly say I cleared out completely my first playthrough is Dark Souls 3 and that's because there are no fucking chests and no secrets. Items are directly in front of you the whole time.
>>
>>387284826
still no. contrarianism knows no bounds
>>
>>387298470
You know you can respec your character right? There's no need to replay the game.
>>
>>387288864
>implying fatrolling isn't enough of a nerf
Havel set isn't an easy win, it's the result of a well-made strength build. After dying twice to O&S, I said fuck it, put on the full set, tanked damage while moving slowly and playing as aggressively as possible, and won with a sliver of my health and no estus. It was an incredibly tense boss fight, not an easy win.
>>
>>387298647
What is that picture trying to convey?
>>
>>387295186
DaS3 is a very safe, solid game. like an 8/10
>>
File: 1502615085442.png (399KB, 1414x742px) Image search: [Google]
1502615085442.png
399KB, 1414x742px
>>387292832
>being this new
>>
>>387298847
I saved it when I saw they had basically the same proportions. boredom
>>
>>387284826
Don't you mean ashes? Now that the ashes have settled . . .
>>
>>387298834
just because you're a shitter doesn't mean Havel's isn't one of the best sets in every game
>>
>>387284826
i'm playing dark souls2 right now for the first time and having a blast
i played dark souls 3 first, on day one, and i still haven't finished it
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 400x264px
Soulsbros, when did you realize that Ashes of Ariandel is actually a fair amount better than Ringed City?
>>
>>387298932
It is one of the best sets in the game, but it's heavy as fuck, and if you don't put in the time leveling to use it or learn how to play a really slow character, it's useless in PVP
>>
>>387284826
It isn't news that DS3 is absolute shit.
>remove poise but keep it in the game code turned off by a 0/1 trigger
>keep items that even say in their description "increases poise" (wolf ring which does literally nothing)
>get staggered by shit tier hollow while in full Havel armor
>dog stunlock to death while in full Havel armor
>enemies that CAN get stunned get stunlocked to death through R1 spam
>PvP is R1 spam wins, no trading hits
>PvP is 1 invader vs 2 more phantoms every time
>phantoms get resummoned immediately
>shit lore
>broken enemies like dragon axe throwers whose attacks literally ignore wall collison
>step backward in no powerstancing
>step backward in no bonfire ascetic
>step backward in NG+ new things
Should I go on?

I played all the games (besides Bloodborne) for a decent amount of time and have gotten 100% achievements on all games (besides Bloodborne) and can say without a doubt DS3 is one of the most disappointing games I have ever purchased, right up there with Fallout 4.
>>
>>387299304
Mad King Halberd > fuccboi edge scythe
also
>someone invested the time and effort to model the fucking fat ass root armor instead of Pontiff Sully's set
>add in Dragon Slayer Armor as if this wasn't something that should've been patched into the base game
>>
>>387299434
pontiff just wears the deep priest set with a unique head
>>
>>387290131
you realize stam and endurance being one stat is broken as fuck, right?
>>
>>387296994
>people still don't know DS2 has Adaptability stat
>shit taste in bosses
>bringing up DS2 fan service over DS3? is this a joke? Is this post just bait?
>what is Executioner Chariot, Skeleton Kings, Royal Rat Authority, poison serpent queen, Semen of Dong, etc
>soundtrack? Obvious bait. Majula theme.
>hallway level design is accurate but DS3 is no different so no idea why bother bringing it up
>environment textures? Grasping at straws here
>"muh elevator to lava lake" but true. Not a big deal for me really but understandable
>Soul Memory was shit, you're right

Ignoring powerstancing, bonfire ascetics, interesting NG+, best PvP
>>
>>387299014
All memeing aside, 1>2>3. SotFS is just 2 but better (included dlcs too).
>>
>>387287695
>>poise is still fucking useless.

No it's not, you just dont know how to use it properly.
I rape every duel I play because I know how to abuse poise attacks.
>>
honestly every DS game is equal to each other.
>>
>>387290131
>>387299648
Equip load and stamina being tied to the same stat was almost inherently broken. All builds shoot for around the same stamina in the end and that meant every build lategame could just pop on heavy armor without compromising stats elsewhere or even roll speed, making it an arbitrary disadvantage to wear any less than the heaviest armor.
>>
>>387284826

It's the best souls game by far, people just hate it because they've played too many souls games.
>>
>>387284826
No, but ds2 was more fun simply because it was a lot less linear and had overall more content. I didn't like how everything in ds3 was just castles, there was little variety.
>>
>>387300228
It only works when you'd already have iframes from hyperarmor, which existed alongside poise in every other game in the series. Poise simply doesn't work like it did in past games, it only activates when you'd otherwise already have iframes in the first place.
>>
File: 1497052696727.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497052696727.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>387284826
I think it's a better game than DaS2 in terms of design, but it's just so fucking bland and boring.

I don't look back and feel any sort of connection to any of the areas in the game, while having factually better level design than anything in DaS2, they're thematically and aesthetically bankrupt IMO.

It just felt like they followed the motions with this one, like "okay so we need another castle area here, another swamp area here, and another forest area here!". All of it being the exact same shit we've had.
>>
>>387284826
The most important thing in Souls are

>Worldview
>Art direction
>Combat
>Enemy design
>Bosses
>Atmosphere
>Level Design
>Music

DaS2 is a 7/10 game.
>>
People who cry about poise not being like DS1 are just shitters who can't dodge for shit and don't understand positioning.
>>
>>387300610
Or fags who started the series with DaS1 and it's hilariously broken shitter crutch that is poise in that game.

Saying that, sometimes it can be fucking annoying to get stunlocked repeatedly by some bullshit.
>>
>>387300610
Heavy armor is completely useless, that's a perfectly legitimate reason to not like the neutered poise in DaS3.
>>
>>387300587
But DS2 fails at most of these.
Awful ost, shit level design with an absurdly inconsistent world and terrible bosses.
>>
File: The truth.png (20KB, 869x106px) Image search: [Google]
The truth.png
20KB, 869x106px
>>387284826
>>
>>387300806
Only correct thing you said was that the world is inconsistent.
>>
>>387300610
Or maybe I'm annoyed that they perfected poise in Dark Souls 2 and then just threw that shit out the window.
>>
>>387284826
I played Souls games in this order

DaS2>DaS>BB>DaS3>DaS2 SOTFS

I played and enjoyed 2. it is definitely the weakest in the series though.

From an objective standpoint on all design aspects of these games, the order of quality is
BB>DaS>DaS3>>DaS2
>>
>>387301531
BB is the shortest and by far has the weakest and fewest RPG elements.
>>
>>387301090
I find 1 and 3 to be equal, they both have their strengths in different areas so that's why there is so much debate over the listing. It all depends on what you value as a player
>>
File: bateman.jpg (36KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
36KB, 640x430px
>>387292559
Why do people always make webms like this?
You killed 2 idiots who have no idea how to dodge or what your weapon does
It's like putting a video on youtube with the title "I'm really good at fighting" and the video is you beating up disabled people in wheelchairs.
>>
>>387301578
It has more stats, weapons, areas, bosses and builds than DeS, while also having far better combat than any other the other games and arguably the best individual level design in the series (DaS1 still has the best world design though).
>>
>>387301651
3 is far too linear, 1 and 2 allow the player to complete areas in different sequences much more often and it adds immensely to the replay value.
>>
DARK SOULS 2 SUCK.

NOTHING WILL EVER UNSUCK IT

GIVE IT A REST DAS2 SHITTERS
>>
Literally the only thing DS3 does consistently better than the rest of the series is its boss fights. Everything else, from its world design to its level layouts to its pvp mechanics to its gameplay in general, has been done better by other games in the series.
>>
>>387301729
My biggest gripe with 2 is the length. It just feels like it drags on forever. I'm not actually sure if it's longer than 1 and 3 but it certainly feels like it with how many poor/mediocre areas there are.
>>
>>387300610
>rollspam for 10s straight, then roll away and chug 3 hits of estus to get back to full health
>whoever swings weapon faster wins
Yes very good game mechanic by removing poise
>>
>>387301694
>It has more stats, weapons, areas, bosses and builds than DeS
I would hope so, DeS was the first game and BB was the fourth.

Its a good game, it just lacks the RPG elements and resulting replay value the other games have. The transforming weapons are cool, but they don't feel or function much differently than wielding two different weapons in any of the other games and I don't get to mix and match. It's just more limited and restrictive with its RPG elements, which in turn hurts the replay value and means fewer builds.
>>
>>387301853
>standing still and trading blows turning every fight into a dps race
Quality
>>
>>387301853
Min-maxing PVP shittery aside, the stupidly fast estus chugging just draws encounters out necessarily long.

Every single one goes like this:
>Fight til invader gets low on health
>He runs away, gets 5 feet on you and heals instantly
>Repeat six more times/until someone runs out of estus
It's just fucking tedious and not enjoyable.
>>
>>387302061
unnecessarily*
>>
why do people try to force and bait people so hard by saying DS2>DS3? every single day it's the same fucking thread

I'm starting to believe people actually believe in their lies.
>>
File: DS3.png (979KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.png
979KB, 707x1000px
Both were good, but I think 3 is better overall
DS3's combat is better in my opinion, damage reduction being percent based and not a flat reduction means defense is actually worth something, and weapon arts gave combat more flavor than just swinging, shield breaking, and parrying. The build variety seems better in 3 than in 2 because of these factors.

DS3 and DS2 both have in issue with their level variety, 3 having far to many castles and cathedrals while 2 has 4 Poison area's. People complain about continuity in DS2's level design, with certain area's overlapping,areas being placed in illogical places, and castles moving between loading zones but i honestly don't see the big deal. 3 doesn't have that issue though so it gets a point there I guess.

I like the amount of freedom and content that DS2 has to offer, and I do enjoy the game, but 3 is better.
>>
>>387288515
The Npcs in DaS2 were largely non-existant and did jack all aside from being super one-note, even the main hub area had jack shit going on it most of the time and felt like a broken record.
>>
>>387295468
It had the most consistently fun boss fights. There were no major dropoffs in quality, like DS1 after the lordvessel, ds2 before the DLC, and DeS outside of flamelurker, false allant and maybe maneater.
>>
>>387302204
This. DS3 easily has the best quality throughout the experience
>>
>>387295998
>epic bosses
sure, DS3 had a really good boss roster
>creative shortcuts
placing a bonfire every 5 feet so you can teleport where you want to go isn't creative
>deep NPCs
>implying
>rehash patches
>rehash crestfallen
>rehash doll/shanalotte
>rehash rhea
>rehash yuria
>rehash siegmeyer
>rehash mephistopheles
>rehash andre
>>
>>387302153
>damage reduction being percent based and not a flat reduction means defense is actually worth something
But its not, heavy armor in DS3 is near-useless. The difference between being naked and wearing the lightest possible set is bigger than the difference between the lightest set and heaviest set.
>>
>>387284826

Both lacked in level design and overall aestethic compared to the rest of the Soulsborne catalogue, but DS3 at the VERY LEAST had consistently great bosses, not Bloodborne-tier, but great nonetheless. Nameless King, Pontiff, Watchers, Champ Gundyr, Gael, Dancer...I had a blast with those guys. DS2 has...Fume Knight. Great boss, but not enough to prop up the rest of the game's shit bosses. DS3 also just had more enjoyable combat in general.

It also had a much better OST and was a far more satisfying game in general.
>>
>>387302550
The first video in this post (>>387289017) clearly shows that 100% slash resist, 100% strike resist, and 100% thrust resist means you take no damage from anything save for a few exceptions.

Therefore, armor does have an effect, it's physical absorption that doesn't.
>>
>>387302359
Maybe bosswise, but levelwise it kind of sucked hard my dude.
>everything is gloomy and grey and repetitive
>swamps and dungeons swamps and dungeons
>oh, did those enemies give you a hard time? you poor dear, here's a bonfire/shortcut

Sure, nothing as offensively bad as the shrine of amana, but it was kind of an uninteresting slog overall. That's the flipside to being consistently ok, you also don't stand out much.
>>
What is wrong with you guys? We all like Dark Souls don't we? Why the fuck does everybody need to argue about WHICH Dark Souls is better? Why do you people need to argue over everything?

You're like those faggot nerds that argue about which edition of D&D is the best.
>>
>>387302941
Excuse me, anon, do you know where you are?
>>
>>387284826
From a gameplay features nothing is beatin DS2 but DS with the exception of the hub is the most boring with shit art directon game in the soulsborne franchise imo.
Even DS3 is better with that.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.