[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the tutorial so hard? Is this one of those games for autists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Why is the tutorial so hard? Is this one of those games for autists like original xcoms?
>>
>>387269647

If you can't figure out X-COM: Ufo Defense, you're either under the age of 10 or a fucking idiot.

You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
What the fuck, you barely even need to do anything in the tutorial
>>
>>387269694
It's not that i cant figure it out its that there are so many things to keep track of I can't even start.
>>387270201
The game doesn't signal what and how it wamts me to do at all
>>
>>387269647
Not even hard
Honestly easy game after 10 hours or so much easier than previous Paradox titles

It doesn't tell you what to do for a reason. You makr your own story with your ruler
>>
It's no more complex than a total walrus game.
>>
>>387269647
What part of gameplay do you not understand?
>>
The tutorial is actually sort of bugged in that tells you to do some things that aren't in the game anymore after all the updates, like when they ask you to choose the "get married" ambition which they removed.
>>
File: eradication needed.jpg (610KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
eradication needed.jpg
610KB, 1680x1050px
>>387270614
>there are so many things to keep track of I can't even start.
Same happened with me when I started playing EU4 but you just have to push through. After a while its all glued to your brain and you dont need to think much about it.
>>
>>387270614
Turn off some DLCs and go from there. It's really all quite simple when you break it down. You starting as Ireland?
>>
>>387270614
You kinda have to break into it. Its the kinda game you can get into without necesarilly knowing all the details. You get an intuition on what to aim for and what to autopilot or ignore. But without any prior knowledge it was rather hard to start for me as well.
>>
>>387270614
What you need to do is
1. Centralize - increase your demesne cap and abolish council powers
2. Build new holdings, upgrade your own holdings. Build cities, they give you more money. Hold as many counties as possible, since they go with mayor and bishop vassals.
3. Expand - preferably by pushing your vassal's claims. Land a claimant and push his claim, then revoke it all, and so on, and so on - you can expand quickly using this. Holy war infidels if you are near them
t. Conclavefag
>>
>>387272082
Should I get conclave?
>>
>>387272938
I haven't played without conclave, but I figured it just adds a bit more challenge and interaction with vassals. In every game you go through the same routine to have the best set of laws, which is boring (you do this during the life of 2-3 rulers), but it adds more fun by introducing favors and other stuff
>>
>>387272082
My problem is I can't read clearly read how inheritance works between characters or where people stand in a dynasty. Like if I'm King of Scotland... it's just a mess of portraits with opinions of me, not coherent power blocs. Inviting people with claims feels like I'm going down a list looking at check boxes. I can't really role-play that in my head.

I end up boxed in with seemingly nothing to do, winding the years away until something happens.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (102KB, 926x885px) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
102KB, 926x885px
Word of advice, the easiest way to get used to Crusader Kings 2 is to play as the Byzantine Empire in 867.
>>
>>387274113
You know how to land a claimant and push his claim, right?
>>
>>387274618
no, but that sounds important
>>
>>387274445
why would you tell him to do that you evil monster.
>>
>>387275076
What's wrong with the Byzantine Empire? They teach you navy mechanics, holy wars, claimant titles, inheritance, and all from the security of a powerful State that can usually win most wars.
>>
>>387275243
Because Jihads can be fucking ridiculous if you even are slightly unprepared.
>>
>>387272082
conclave is shit. The "depth" added to council management is just buying favors to revoke up to war authority, then nothing more or else face 900 revolts for increase council power. Also if you don't put your vassals on the council they all think you are literally worse than hitler.
>>
>>387274672
Look for a claimant to your desired province (as a King you can grab entire duchies), land him, making him your vassal (a barony/country is enough), then push his claim when time is right - by winning the war he will acquire the title, incorporating it into your Kingdom.
If the claimant is of your dynasty, he will automatically become your vassal (no need to land him)
Make sure to land claimants not of your dynasty and don't push for titles of the same rank as your primary title (as a King - don't push kingdom claims)
Since you are king, doing so will only grant you duchies, if you want to grab an entire kingdom, you gotta play the marriage game which requires patience
>>
>>387275446
Yeah, like I said the abolish council powers routine is boring. How does the game handle laws without Conclave?
>>
>>387275801
>How does the game handle laws without Conclave?

You don't have to fuck around with the Council, that's it.
>>
>>387275879
How's centralization (demesne/vassal cap)? How often are "lower crown authority" factions?
>>
>>387276051
>How often are "lower crown authority" factions?
I usually get 3 or 4 that are actually a threat every hundred years.
>>
>>387276196
Doesn't it make your life harder as a vassal? Your king will inevitably disallow you from warring by raising crown authority
>>
>>387269647
Don't use a tutorial. Just start on Newb Island (Ireland) and take over neighbouring counties.

CK2's not a map painting sim. It's for RP and creating good stories with the characters you have.
>>
>>387269647
I'm fucking with you anon, I can run any country in HoI3 and not have a problem, Victoria 2 is easy for me, and EU3 and EU4 are a joke, but I cannot figure out CK2 at all. I can do the whole Ireland start, but if I try going anywhere else, I just get fucked.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.