[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hows that game coming along anons? I now have a proof of concept.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1443293311391.jpg (18KB, 308x278px) Image search: [Google]
1443293311391.jpg
18KB, 308x278px
Hows that game coming along anons? I now have a proof of concept.
>premise
You play as an initiate into whats essentially the Legion of Doom, with your own customizable character, of which you pick your own origin story, race, background, and class. Your main goal is to take on jobs (sidequests) and try to defeat the hero league opposing you. Your character, based on dialogue options, be various shades of campy or serious, with the world changing in correspondance.
>Gameplay
The gameplay is reminiscent of old CRPGS like Fallout and Pillars of Eternity. The main goal will try to make this interesting, but the writing should be the main draw.
How does it sound? What should I add or change?
>Everything
>>
So its a game with dialog trees, but the dialog trees that change based on character generation?

It sounds like a game that would take literally decades to make. You would need to write more lines of text than the equivalent of 3 novels
>>
>>387265382
let me make a correction. Some scenes and certain character motivations and such will change based on such. For example, if you are a big enough bastard, the world will become grittier, more in line with comics of the more modern era. However, if you are campier, sort of like the 1950s Joker, the world becomes a bit cheerier and the heroes more silly, seeing that you arent going on mass murder sprees and just robbing banks or trying to do other stuff like that.
>>
>>387265814
So how are you going to do this without making 3-4 different versions of FUCKING EVERYTHING.
>>
>>387266273
I guess thats the issue. It will be a central storyline, but their will be key moments that differ. Certain quests and such will be universal among all playthroughs, but the same could be said of games like Fallout New vegas, in that they wrote the game essentially twice, with the low intellect playthrough. But i guess ill just have to make 3-4 version of the main quests and certain side quests.
>>
File: italright.png (581KB, 1000x1032px) Image search: [Google]
italright.png
581KB, 1000x1032px
i'd have to say it alright
>>
File: 1502388195019.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1502388195019.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
>>387266593
stop posting forced memes
>>
>>387266459
For example, I am planning a scene of how this kind of dialogue system would pan out. If your campiness is high, your arch nemesis knocks you guys out in a non lethal, highly funny (think the anti shark gas) sort of way. However, if you are quite brutal in your methods, like kill civvies, cops, and such, the hero will straight up bomb your base of operations and attempt to kill you.
>>
>>387267172
I also have some routes planned: The Pure Evil route, the Renegade route, and the campy evil route. The Pure Evil route involves more effective evil, such as killing civvies, leaving no evidence, and being more brutal in your efforts. Campy "Evil" involves more silly and non lethal efforts, reminiscent of silver and golden age villains. And renegade consists of a plan where you defect from the legion of doom and start off on your own, becoming a more mercs for hire scenario.
>>
>>387267392
These are more of a concept though, and are not necessarily set in stone. I would love if /v/ would help me with my concept, or have anything else to add to the table.
>>
>>387265160
How are you gonna get the shekels for a project like that?
>>
>>387267763
lots of time. Maybe Fig. I do not know though. This is just a concept currently.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.