[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain the buzz around this, not only now but for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: zzzzz.jpg (22KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.jpg
22KB, 212x238px
can someone explain the buzz around this, not only now but for the last months and maybe one year? how the fuck is sonic still popular while all the games have been shit since the 90s? and this looks like a fangame that could be released on the megadrive. i seriously don't get it.
>>
File: 180526994.jpg (568KB, 1019x1275px) Image search: [Google]
180526994.jpg
568KB, 1019x1275px
can someone explain the buzz around this, not only now but for the last months and maybe one year? how the fuck is crash still popular while all the games have been shit since the 90s? and this looks like a fangame that could be released on the playstation. i seriously don't get it.
>>
>>387240512
Because it is a game that is trying to completely be like a classic title, which is really capturing nostalgia.
>>
Some of us like Sonic? You're right a lot of his games since the classic ones have been shit, but we keep buying them hoping each and every time we can get a good 3D Sonic game. So when we're given a fully classic 2D Sonic game done by fans, you really can't blame us for being excited. Also >Graphics come on Anon.
>>
>>387240512
Because the character is that well designed. It will never fade.
>>
File: 1387381438214.png (210KB, 488x727px) Image search: [Google]
1387381438214.png
210KB, 488x727px
>>387241434
crash didn't had 4 or 5 complete shit games like sonic in the last 15+ years, faggot
>>
File: 1265237922175.jpg (24KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1265237922175.jpg
24KB, 311x311px
>>387243539
>crash didn't had 4 or 5 complete shit games in the last 15+ years
>>
>>387240512
>>387241434
SEGA and Sony both realized that nostalgia baiting their older audiences is a good source of money. Mario Odyssey is doing the same thing.
>>
>>387243831
How does Odyssey nostalgia bait more than any other Mario game?
>>
>>387244045
I didn't say Odyssey does it more than any other Mario game. It'd just the most recent example. You're right, pretty much all Mario games do it.
>>
>>387240512

2D > 3DPD
>>
File: dropped.png (16KB, 616x169px) Image search: [Google]
dropped.png
16KB, 616x169px
>>387240512
>the games have been shit since the 90s?
the haven't tho
they just haven'y been perfect
the last good sonic game was Sonic Boom fire and Ice
sonic mania is the most recent GOD tier sonic game
pic related
>>
File: really.....png (545KB, 594x422px) Image search: [Google]
really.....png
545KB, 594x422px
>>387244720
>>387240512
OH SHIT WRONG PIC
but this pic is still a stretch
>>
>>387240512
I think people are circle jerking a little too much just because its SEGA allowing a fan game developer to make an actual game with the license, people just bring that up to make it sound like SEGA has shit on Nintendo. The only other thing that I think it has going for it is that sprite work, you gotta admit, its pretty snazzy.

Other than that I think the game lacks content, 12 levels and most of them are just remakes or rehashes of the old ones.
>>
>>387240512
>how the fuck is sonic still popular while all the games have been shit since the 90s? and this looks like a fangame that could be released on the megadrive.
You just answered your own question, Sonic has been shit since he left the Mega Drive and now they're finally making a game in the style of the classic series, and it's actually pretty fucking good.
>>
>>387240512
As a genuine, super-hyped fan, here is my explanation. I haven't played Sonic Mania yet btw, but I did see some of the Mark playthrough.

Sonic Mania is the most genuine attempt yet to recapture the great gameplay and aesthetic of the old Genesis titles. Yes we've had games like Sonic 4 and Generations but Sonic 4, while fine, was a clear nostalgia grab and had levels that were very generic homages to the old games. It was very much a "member old sonic?" game. Generations was good but the side scroller parts were basically just tacked on. The level design was mediocre, and overall wasn't that compelling for me.

Sonic Mania has all the makings of a great return-to-form side scroller. We know the game itself is being made by fan game creators, so we know that the passion is there to create a good game. And what we've seen so far looks very good. The levels look good, the gameplay looks fun, and with the character count down to 3 it looks like they're keeping things pretty tight.

For everyone saying this is a "nostalgia grab" - I mean, it'd be hard to prove otherwise. The game looks like it's from the early 90s and they're clearly promoting that aspect. But I'm ok with it because it looks like the game is going to be heartfelt. Sonic 4 was a raw nostalgia grab. Mania was made from a love of the franchise. So where I'd say 4 was based on nostalgia, Mania is only using it for marketing.
>>
First game i preordered since wrath of the lichking. Kinda looking forward to it but it doesnt help my depressive state.
>>
>>387244804
sonic team and been banging out the classic sidescrollers on handhelds since Sonic Advance
I don't know why having it on a home console means it's the best idea ever
>>
>>387240512

You can't put it together yourself?

The games were shit since they stopped being 2-D, now why would someone be excited for a new 2-D game, hmmmmmm?
>>
>>387246083

Because Sonic Advance was the only good one they made.
>>
>>387246615
See >>387246083
>>
>>387246667
Advance 3 was good too.
As was Pocket Adventure.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.