[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized that I've had Saints Row 3 and 4 in my library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Saints Row 3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Saints Row 3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I just realized that I've had Saints Row 3 and 4 in my library for ages but never played them.

Are they good, fun games worth playing? Or are they just mindless wank?
>>
I NEED A HERO
>>
>>387239935
mindless wank
>>
3 is a step down from 2, and 4 is a completely different game. I'd say you can skip 3 and jump right into 4, because while 3 is a mediocre open world crime game, 4 is a really fun superhero game.
>>
replay 2 instead
>>
>>387239935
These games are perfect if you're like 15-17
otherwise don't bother
>>
>>387239935
3 was a good game it just wasn't what all the gta fans wanted. It was more about fun than a gritty story.
>>
>>387239935
Just play them, they're not that bad. The setpiece missions are neat the first time around.

Sure it swung a little hard into the sowacky direction after 2, but you'll remember missions like the one in which you first hear Kanye's 'Power', and the Jeff Bridges stuff.
>>
>>387239935
Just play them if you already have them, you can just stop if you don't like them.
>>
File: to a post.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
to a post.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>
>>387239935
They are mindless fun. 4 is better than 3 because it's so different. 3 is a very dumbed down version of 2.
>>
>>387239935
they are fun the first time
they don't have replay value
>>
>>387239935
they're good for a playthrough or two, saints row fans (ie fans of 2) just don't like them because of the change in tone and because they're short and don't have much side content
>>
>>387239935
@ was the best, 3 tried to be over the top gameplay wise, and 4 should've been it's own game in a different series, 4's gameplay is fun, it just doesnt fit in a gta clone series.
>>
3 is good (apart from story). 4 feels like 3's expansion.
>>
>>387239935
Yes play them
>>
>>387240095
>while 3 is a mediocre open world crime game, 4 is a really fun superhero game.
It's really not though. The superpowers are clunky and often get taken away from your for like half the game's missions. Plus, Steelport being in perpetual darkness is absolute shit.

SR3 is one of those games /v/ is usually wrong about, because SR2 has aged like shit but you can guarantee all the kiddies have nostalgia for it because they played it on their Xbox 360s. SR3 may not be perfect, but screwing around in co-op with a buddy is the best entertainment I had in a while for multiplayer.
>>
>>387239935
Do play on highest diffufculty tho this game is easy
>>
>>387239935
If you like 2, but don't mind things getting silly, play 3.
Play 4 for itself, but know it's a bit odd.
>>
>>387243138
Yeah, this. Hardest, no upgrade.

>>387243120
SR3 does look and control better, at the price of some left out mechanics, customizations, difficulty and pacing.
>>
>>387243120
I went back and played 2 after the release of 3 on PC and it's still the best in the series. 3 is actually pretty enjoyable if you can accept or look past it's departure from the formula. 4 is just utter shit.
>>
>>387243120
Except I actually got into the series only a few years back, 2 was still a more memorable and enjoyable experience than 3.
>>
>>387240363

Not to mention the final mission. It's definately worth a playthrough.

>>387239935

Absolutely, they're fun mindless games.
>>
dubstep gun is fucking epic!
>>
I'm thinking about buying 4 on PS4, it's $7.99 with PS+ right now. I enjoyed it when it came out on last gen but never got far.
>>
>>387239968
Did anyone here go after Killbane when playing for the first time?
>>
>>387240095
Having played SR2 about a year ago for the first time and 3 right after, /v/ was absolutely right about the downfall of Saints Row.

I've never seen a franchise butchering quite like this one, I'm stunned at how tonally different 3 was from 1 and 2.
>>
>>387239935
3 is shit and 4 is fun for about 15 minutes.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.