[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can FF ever recover from this? http://www.siliconera.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dqxi_opening1200x675-1.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
dqxi_opening1200x675-1.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
how can FF ever recover from this?

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/15/japanese-fans-vote-dragon-quest-and-pokmon-as-current-rpgs-that-best-represent-japan/
>>
SE made the conscious decision to appeal to the west in detriment of appealing to Japan with FF so I dont think they actually care
>>
Also megaten should be the first one
Is all about Japan for fucks sake
>>
I've never played a Dragon Quest because I usually play jrpgs for immersive plot and I always got the vibe that the plot was cookie cutter for some reason.
Am I wrong? Am I missing out?
>>
>>387236624
Easy
Nobody care about dragon quest
>>
>>387236624
hopefully it'll not
FFXV was a joke
>>
>>387237213
I have no idea what you mean by immersive plot.
DQ storytelling is not via cutscenes but you build your perception of the world by speaking to NPCs and helping them, the writing is honest and doesnt try to be "epic" or over the top.
>>
By selling in the west?
>>
>>387237213
yes and no

its a cookie cutter story but its still a great rpg

cant explain it well and I dont think its nostalgia but if I pick up a dq game i know iys good even before playing it
>>
>DQ and pokemon are popular in japan
the sky is blue
>>
>>387237469
No its not. Boring as fuck battle system with a forgettable soundtrack you get sick of hearing. FF may have gone to shit but don't go pretending this bland ass series was ever good. Square's non FF/DQ jrpgs are way better than this trash.
>>
>>387237821
On the off chance you've even played a DQ game, it was probably VIII

lmao
>>
>>387237821
Well thats your opinion, I love the music and the battle system.
>>
>>387236624

FFXV was the last nail in the franchise coffin
>>
>>387237206
This
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.