[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good? None of my friends have played and I'm getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 565497_xb1_b.png (115KB, 228x314px) Image search: [Google]
565497_xb1_b.png
115KB, 228x314px
Is this good? None of my friends have played and I'm getting conflicting opinions online
>>
>>387233363
>Play a game made best by mods on a console
I bet you play Bethesda games on consoles to
>>
>>387233363
no

>>387234301
It runs like shit even onc pc. So badly optmized.
>>
>>387234301
xbone has good mod support tho
>>
Can I have fun without mods
>>
>>387233363
It's essentially shitty Viva Pinata. But the late game stuff to be relevant is so grind heavy it loses all fun there is to be had.
>>
Playing Ark goes something like this
>spend entire day grinding mats to build your shit
>get raided by somebody who's there longer than you and has better stuff
>repeat
>>
>>387235319
How in the hell is this even similar to viva piñata? Ark is an open world crafting survival game and the other one is just about building houses and waiting for piñatas to come and inhabit your shitty little biome.
>>
Ark is shit on xbone, I've played it.
>>
>>387235348
Could it still be fun if I played with a few friends in a private server? Or does that get boring real quick?
>>
>>387233363
>host a game for your friends
>don't have to deal with terrible fucking harvesting and taming times
>don't have to deal with actual unironic hacker mega tribes
>HOWEVER you're constrained by a tiny fucking tether distance which means you have to take your friends everywhere

Or
>host a dedicated server
>literally have to buy another console just to do this

Or
>go onto a PvP online server
>immediately die, literally can't do anything

Or
>go to an online PvE server
>unironically the best way to play the game
>not like that's saying much
>still have to deal with RIDICULOUSLY long taming and harvesting times

Or
>try to find a good unofficial with unbiased mods, good grinding reductions and nice players
>never find it
>>
>>387235527
Build home. Fulfill requirements to get new pin- dinosaurs the fastest. Protect from degenerates.
>>
>>387233363
>join server
>get spawn trapped or killed by players camping spawn points
>join another server
>get killed by random gook while exploring
>join yet ANOTHER server
>start gathering resources and building a house
>get raided by bigger group who destroy your shit and kill your dino in spite of them having way more stuff than you anyway

you can't win in these games unless you roll with a clan
>>
You'll always be months behind pc for patches, it's horribly optimized on pc and instead of fixing bugs the devs are focused on adding more dinos, they just hiked up the price, they had to settle out of court after being sued by trendy for poaching devs which violated the non-compete clause of the lead devs contract when he quit trendy, the center which people praise as being made by one fan was actually made by the lead level designer on dungeon defenders(made by trendy) as a mod while the poaching lawsuit was going on and then he got hired once the legal drama was settled, it's early access with a fucking $20 expansion, truesky still isn't fixed and it's been in the upcoming patch notes since day 1
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.