[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Dark Souls is a Japanese game, then why is there a European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: The_Ancient_Dragon-06.jpg (190KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
The_Ancient_Dragon-06.jpg
190KB, 2000x1125px
If Dark Souls is a Japanese game, then why is there a European giant , instead of an oriental one?
>>
>>387229184
that's how it always been with fantasy settings in jap games. western medieval mythos and arthurian folklore. Knights, steel and big lizards.
>>
>games must only feature the setting and mythological creatures from the country they've been made in
How stupid can you be? If you wanted to make a DS thread, you should've just done so.
>>
>>387229184
Because Japs don't care for this retarded cultural appropriation crap liberals keep crying about, they simply take what looks cool and put it into their games.
>>
>>387229184
Because European castles and medevil armor looks cool.
It wouldn't look good to have a Japanese person in a suit of armor.
If I made a game in a Japanese setting I'd make them look Japanese.
I would only use European looking people within a reasonable plot, like a voyager came to a foreign land.
>>
>>387229393
>>387229431
>>387229489
>>387229543
op is a fag because he likes being assblasted
>>
>>387230167
5 / 0 / 6
Tell me more
>>
Dark Souls is eastern philosophy with a western aesthetic
>>
>>387229184
How do I make a good magic user in DS3? I'm about to finish my first run using a Knight build and I want to do a magic user for NG+.
>>
>>387231108
good luck with that
>>
>>387231179
Why do you say that? I just want a cute magician girl.
>>
File: BBF.jpg (120KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
BBF.jpg
120KB, 800x530px
>>387229184
This
>>
>>387231319
you can do it you'll just need to half your health, half your deffence, and get rid of all melee stats
unless your planning just to level up like crazy
>>
>>387231426
My bad I meant create a whole new character. Can I not use a new character for NG+? I still want to keep my knight. Ill probably respec him when I get to level 120.
>>
>>387231628
NG+ is character specific in DS3, so if you want to keep your knight you'd have to make a new character to be a mage girl. If you haven't already started NG+ you could respec your knight into a mage and run through the game that way, getting your mage up to 120 in no time.
>>
>>387231108
For slinging spells, just use CSS, HCSM, Great Soul Dregs, and whatever other spells you want. Make sure you also have some melee weapon too, like a moonlight sword or a crystal infused weapon.

Another okay way to go is to use a weapon that allows spell casting like the Heysel Pick or Cleric's Candlestick (it has faith requirement and possible scaling as well though, so it's more suited to a lower level build) and use quick spells like flashsword or farron dart with some heavier spells like soul greatsword or CSS.

Both are as good as each other, but one is more versatilewith regards to equipment and stat distribution, whereas the other is more narrow in scope and stats.
>>
>>387229184
>healty, giant dragon bigger than any you've been able to fight before
>you can kill it
>by whacking at its toes
pretty bs
>>
>>387231108
https://youtu.be/Ka1ap_t_PZ8
>>
>>387229184
Black people are so ugly. Smell bad too.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 281x180px
>>387229184
>if Mortal Kombat is a western game, how come so many of the main protag/well known fighters are asian and the whole aesthetic is psudeo asain architecture/fighting stlyes

WAOH OP HOW COULD THIS EVER HAPPEN??? THE DEVS WERN'T EVEN JAPS WHAT GIVES???
>>
>>387229184
Is that from game of thrones?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.