[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a game set in a fantasy setting inspired by the African

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

Would a game set in a fantasy setting inspired by the African continent and its folklore be interesting to you.
It would have creatures classes magic and playable races all based on African folklore.
Also as a side effect of the seating and story your playable character can only be white if you suffer from full Vitiligo as a selective trait and all this would do is give you a penalty to charisma and a bonus to stealth in Savannah or some other minor bonuses to offset the charisma penalty (You still look like an African native regardless of skin color)
But otherwise you cannot make a non native African character nor meat any in game.
Maybe they do exist on another Continent but the game takes place before the age of discovery so as far as you care they dont and only black people are playable.
Wold the inability to play someone who is your race acualy deter you from enjoying the game assuming its a realy good RPG game.
>>
I'd play the fuck out of that assuming it's a good rpg.
Love me some folklore and mythology.
>>
Id be more interested if you told me more about the African folklore and what classes would be available instead of telling me I won't be able to play as a white person for half of the post.
>>
Wouldn't it make more sense for the wanna-be white person to be an albino?
>>
>>387227880
>Game is suddenly considered racist for getting one small part of African folklore wrong

It would never happen, not that I wouldn't play it in sure that it would be awesome, but they're leading themselves to step on about a million land mines.

It's like in Canada, you basically can't have any media featuring native Americans unless you consult with a tribe for decades or else they'll jump down your throat.
>>
>>387228046
This, tell us about that afrolore OP.
>>
File: ayo.png (196KB, 367x367px) Image search: [Google]
ayo.png
196KB, 367x367px
>>387227880

Take a fucking guess, mate.
>>
Google it.
>>
>>387227880
You can roll as an albino except every player tries to kill you so they can drink your blood and cure their AIDs

Also if you make your character bald then players can smash your head open and harvest gold.
>>
healing items are dried mud cookies and eating bushmeat heals you a lot except you get the ebola debuff
>>
>>387227880
Sure, but if there is even a hint of wypepo da devil colonists in it count me the fuck out
>>
>>387227880
I always wanted a game set in Ethiopia, cause it really is different from any other African Nation
>>
File: 1360260035881.jpg (302KB, 585x480px) Image search: [Google]
1360260035881.jpg
302KB, 585x480px
>english, portugese, spanish, and dutch people show up and bring their own folklore monsters with them
>game ends with a huge myth fight
>>
>>387227880
>would you mind playing as a black character
no of course not
>T-THEN WHY DOES /v/ COMPLAIN ABOUT THE BLACK PPL IN COD WW2 AND BF1
because they're out of place and were clearly added to fit a political agenda
>ITS NOT POLITICAL THEY JUST SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY PLAYIGN THE GAMES
so non-whites do mind playing as an ethnicity other than their own? tsk.

inb4 why are you talking to urself
just saved you the effort of posting your garbage is all
>>
>>387227880
Guild Wars Nightfall and Elonia continent was a thing anon. Sad that this GW2 expansion will probably kill everything good the original developers created, just with a nice paint job over the butchering.
>>
>>387227880
>African folklore.
like food and shelter
>>
>>387227880
WE WUZ VOODOO AN SHEET
>>
But wouldn't that make every character a creature class?
>>
File: Quake sword.jpg (31KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
Quake sword.jpg
31KB, 402x600px
I remember /tg/ had a really interesting thread about basing a setting of African folklore. African mythology is weird as shit,
The Bush is essentially treated like the Warp from 40k. A place of chaos from which all sorts of crazy civilization-threatening monsters can emerge. Blacksmiths and other people who's job it is to work with metal are essentially wizards and heroic Ancestor Ghosts have a habit of randomly borrowing their descendant's bodies to go on cool adventures.
>>
>>387229758
>and heroic Ancestor Ghosts have a habit of randomly borrowing their descendant's bodies to go on cool adventures.
That sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>387227880
what type of rpg would it be? arpg? crpg? "rpg" like skyrim? would it pander to the "WE WUZ KANGZ" crowd or get the actual setting accurately as possible?
>>
File: 1501646842170.png (334KB, 339x747px) Image search: [Google]
1501646842170.png
334KB, 339x747px
>>387230047
Its a perfect excuse to start an RPG.
>be some random pleb tribesman
>evil witch-doctor is threatening the peace
>suddenly your great-great-great-grandfather assumes direct control and starts you on a quest to defeat him.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.