[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Borderlands 2 worth a play? Got gifted to me a few years back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

Is Borderlands 2 worth a play? Got gifted to me a few years back never bothered trying it.
>>
>>387220580
>Owns the game for free
>Too lazy to give it a go
Just play it yourself. I don't like it but a lot of people do.
>>
lol, no. It's the worst critically acclaimed game I've played. The first one is okay maybe a 6. The second one is like a 2 or 3.
>>
>>387220580
only if you have friends to play with it. its boring asf if you play it on your own.
>>
>>387220580
It's a good game, you should try it. Preferably with either of the two DLC characters, Gaige being the most fun.
People complain about the humour and story, but nobody playing that kind of game honestly cares about the storyline.
It's far from perfect, but it's a fun time. Even more so if you have friends.
>>
>>387220580
It's alright. If you like the idea of a loot FPS, that is.

>>387220680
2 is better than 1 in almost every way, though.
>>
>>387220797
Drop rates
Writing
Pacing
>>
>friend convinces me to buy it for co-op
>start playing to level up and learn shit
>gameplay is solid 8/10
>humour is obnoxious
>writing the worst I've ever witnessed in a game
>just been playing it with sound at like 30%
>play Youtube videos in the background

Eh, I dunno. Feel I might get bored soon if friend doesn't want to play co-op any time soon. Moment-to-moment gameplay can be real fun and addictive though.
>>
>>387220890
>Drop rates
That's one of the ways in which BL1 is much better.
>Writing
BL2 is hit and miss, BL1 doesn't even have any, at least until the DLCs. Still, matter of opinion I guess.
>Pacing
BL2 pacing is so much better it's not even funny, you actually get to distinctly new areas and fight distinctly new enemies.
>>
>>387220797
To you maybe, everything in 2 felt like a linear chore to me and I felt uncomfortable during the dialogue and forced story interactions. I felt like I was just getting the same 3 weapons over and over again and I thought every single boss and even enemy (except for the ones that showed up in the first game) were unforgettable, garbage design.
It was one of those game for me where I simply felt like I was wasting my time playing not getting any enjoyment out of it, only bitterness. Quit when I was at the last boss and permanently deleted it from my steam library since I couldn't refund it.
>>
>>387221007
>unforgettable, garbage design.
I hope you're not talking about any of the Sera Guardians.
>>
>>387220580
The humor is funny if you like rick and morty.Its pretty fun the first playthrough.Its going to require you to beat the game about 4 times to hit max level though.
>>
>>387221390
Of course not, they aren't in two. I thought the first game was okay.
>>
>>387220754
Basically this
I tried playing it solo and couldn't make it very far. When a couple friends and I did co-op is became a lot better.
>>
File: archguardian.jpg (285KB, 1111x1352px) Image search: [Google]
archguardian.jpg
285KB, 1111x1352px
>>387221907
>they aren't in two.
They're not? I'm remembering something wrong here then.
Either way, those guys are absolutely gorgeous. The guy who designed them is really good.
>>
>>387221898
>The humor is funny if you like rick and morty
So wrong. Maybe if you like Rick and Morty at a shallow lolsorandumb level and that's it, sure, but I love Rick and Morty and hate the "humour" in BL2.
>>
>>387222114
They don't look half as good in the game. Aren't very fun to fight either.

The design is cool though, a bit Mi-Go ish.
>>
The game is an endless numbers grind.

You die in a couple shots and kill in just as many in the beginning, and it stays that way throughout the entire game as the only thing that is changing is the numbers on screen. The "content" revolves around replaying the game 10 times and the same 200 cookie cutter side quests. worthless piece of shit imo
>>
>>387221898
>The humor is funny if you like rick and morty
Wow, I can't believe I'm going to defend the show but this is just wrong. Rick and Morty is a show written by mildly funny people who although browse reddit a lot have at least taken a 101 in philosophy and a few comedy and writing classes.
Borderlands 2 is written by a cross-dressing, communist Indian minecrafter who thinks video game related memes are funny and craves chaos instead of order.
>>
File: Handsome Jack.jpg (212KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Handsome Jack.jpg
212KB, 1440x900px
Anyone else who thinks Jack is the best part of the game? A majority of his writing in game is better than the rest, the actor is great, and he feels like a real character with more depth and real motivation than most of the greedy psychopaths in the game.
>>
File: seraguardian.jpg (328KB, 1010x1364px) Image search: [Google]
seraguardian.jpg
328KB, 1010x1364px
>>387222317
>They don't look half as good in the game.
Well yeah, they got the whole cartoony cel shaded thing going on.
Concept art is 11/10 though.
>>
>>387222504
Fucking mouth breathers
>>
>>387220580
I was the same anon. I had it for years but never bothered with it, honestly because I'm too much influenced by the /v/ hivemind. In the majority's of /v/'s opinion this game sucks. the meme is cancer etc.
I played it together with a friend and long story short we spent 250 hours in borderlands 2 and even bought the pre-sequel, and spent another 250 hours in there. It's good, just give it a try and see if you like it for yourself. Opinions of other's should be worthless to you, that's a lesson I learned from this. I'm unironically more hyped for BL3 than for any other game coming out in the future at this point
>>
>>387222668
>they got the whole cartoony cel shaded thing going on
They also look less organic, I never even noticed the snail-tentacle things on their backs but they really pop in the concept and sell their look. Oh well, supposedly 3 will focus more on the alien stuff, if it ever comes out.

>>387222504
Jack is cool, he did do a lot of things wrong though.
>>
File: ss.jpg (752KB, 2000x1444px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
752KB, 2000x1444px
>>387222504
Can't agree more, one of the reasons if not the largest one why I felt uncomfortable playing this game is because I'm playing a greedy psychopath, unrealistically ruining something good that a man has built from the ground up. Although having its fair share of flaws it's miles better than the current state that the planet is under. I remember that there was a normal enemy in the game too who continuously said "leave us alone" or something along the line.
You're literally ruining and killing small tribes and taking down something that's trying to build a civilization because you want money.
I don't mind playing an evil guy, I didn't feel this in Infamous second son for example because I was just an asshole killing some people, a dick to my family but actually fighting and taking down an institution that was a threat to me.
>>
>>387220954
>writing
>BL1 doesn't even have any

>Pacing
>you actually get to distinctly new areas and fight distinctly new enemies.

Amazing, you're trying to judge a game on criteria you don't even understand. This is the kind of idiot that thinks BL2 is better than 1.
>>
>>387222826

You have absolutely abhorrent "taste" in vidya if you managed to not only sink 250 hours into one shitty game but also it's "sequel".

I felt obligated to play with a friend and I cannot fucking stand BL1,BL2 or fucking any of them. It hurt to just get 50 hours on BL2 and we barely got anywhere in the pre-sequel.

Why do people play this garbage? The gameplay sucks, the artstyle sucks, the "humor" sucks, it just sucks all around.
>>
>>387223225
You can't have good or bad taste in video games. They're just toys, they're not art, they're not films or music. They're colorful toys to pass time.
>>
>>387223340
>Every expressive media made into one is not art
>Playing games for nothing other than mindless entertainment
Wow. You're an idiot. Just exposing the people who like Borderlands 2.
>>
File: drawn Jack.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drawn Jack.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>387223015
Its even worse since one of the playable characters is a schizophrenic psychopath who tears people apart with a buzz saw for the hell of it. Both sides are evil, really it just seems to be a fight of Chaotic Evil against Lawful Evil, with you on the side of Chaos. Lawful just happens to be more interesting, what with Hyperion having a good reason to enter Pandora and take over, by any means necessary, while Chaotic Evil simply wants to continue killing to sate its blood-lust, while ensuring its own survival.
>>
>>387223470
if its not mindless entertainment then what is it?
>>
>>387223807
A story
Motivation
Imagination
Art
A sport
>>
File: woops.jpg (79KB, 671x528px) Image search: [Google]
woops.jpg
79KB, 671x528px
>>387223225
Boy, you're gonna hate this.
>>
>>387220580
no, the unskippable dialog gave me cancer
>>
>>387220680
once the robots arrive and you basically need an acid weapon, 2 gets pretty bad
>>
>>387223015
Imagine being this much of a pussy that you feel uncomfortable fighting a corrupt company that has basically claimed ownership of a planet and its moon.
>>
File: 1485096048883.jpg (71KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1485096048883.jpg
71KB, 313x286px
>>387224072
>A sport
>>
>>387224536
I also joke about it with my friends but it's still becoming a sport, you can't deny that.
>>
>>387224272
Not that guy, but I just feel bad for you.
>>
>>387224508
Imagine being this much of a pussy that you want to play out your collectivization, evil, chaotic, communistic and murderous fantasy, mindlessly killing innocent tribes and small villages in a bad video game instead of wanting to join the orderly organisation Hyperion and move civilization forward.
>>
It's an okay game, I enjoyed it a lot because I'm a sucker for loot driven farm fests.
The "humor" is shit as already mentioned countless times, but unlike with TPS, you can ignore it and just play.
>>
>>387224272
I feel disgust but also some empathy, I'm almost sorry that you're this much of a loser.
>>
>>387224508
Jack genuienly wanted to save the moon
As for pandora, it's just a shithole full of psychopats that drawn to it because of alien stuff.
>>
>>387223807

I guess that explains why you like Borderlands.
>>
I just launched it today years after finishing the mechromancer run, is the "ninja" class fun to play ?
>>
File: 1498966490940.jpg (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498966490940.jpg
42KB, 800x800px
>>387224272

>spending 821 hours of your live trying to 100% complete Reddit: The Game
>>
>>387220580
Good for 1st playthrough, you should try every class to see the difference in their playstyle
>>
>>387226873
>spending way longer than that being upset at the games other people play on a Taiwanese basketweaving forum
>>
>>387227234

Just admit it, you are burch-tier.
>>
>>387227551
I don't think anyone can sink low enough to reach Burch tier.
>>
File: depression.png (37KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
37KB, 640x384px
Borderlands 3 when?

>tfw no BL3 at E3
>>
>>387228685
They did an unreal engine 4 test with borderlands, so its extremely implied at this point that its happening
>>
>>387228685
Pax West is the last opportunity to reveal it. Otherwise I'm assuming they're saving it for the 10 year anniversary.
>>
I think it's pretty good fun, but the writing isn't very good. Is the original game worth playing?
>>
>>387229043
It's a lot less complex than 2 but it's more functional imo.
>>
>>387229043
Yes, if you like Pandora more as a dusty hellhole than with diverse environments. The story is there but not as present as in BL2 (not a bad thing when it comes to gearbox's writing) and characters don't evolve around their action skills.
Guns have more variety/manufacturers and once you find a better one you can use it longer than in BL2. Also there's not as much grinding and vendors are actually worth looking at.
As for the endgame BL1 was before Gearbox started with the Level Expansion DLC crap and is better balanced as a result.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.