[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play videogames for 20 years >still haven't found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1483373712391.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483373712391.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>play videogames for 20 years
>still haven't found ONE game that I'm good at and confident at

why the hell do I still waste my time doing this? it's not fun to lose so often and have it be entirely your own fault and lack of skill. I feel like I barely improve when I practice. when I have to practice things they stop being fun because I just get too frustrated
>>
>>387220501
You don't have to be good at the things you enjoy, OP. What matters is that you enjoy them, nothing else.
>>
Literally just play a lot, that's how you get good. I used to be like you, then i got addicted to wow and played it nonstop for two years straight. Eventually i started consistently getting top 10 parses for my class and at some point held #1 all star for my class. It got boring pretty quickly. The process of actually getting good is much more fun and enjoyable.
>>
File: 1484932620857.png (346KB, 576x545px) Image search: [Google]
1484932620857.png
346KB, 576x545px
>>387220501
play more singleplayer games then. you won't have to suffer the humiliation from losing to me :^)
>>
File: 1501391602168.gif (60KB, 546x609px) Image search: [Google]
1501391602168.gif
60KB, 546x609px
>>387220923
fpbp.
>>
>>387220981
>ai posting
can't wait until her meme is dead and gone
>>
>>387220501
I'm the same, that's why I don't play comp games anymore, mainly play campaign stuff.
>>
Its all genetic, OP.Practice doesnt matter at all if you dont have genes
t.sufferer of sames as OP
>>
I never care if I'm good or bad at a game, I only care if I'm learning how to improve. Once I feel I've reached my limits or the game's limits, I get bored.
>>
>>387220923
it's hard to enjoy them when you're aggressively bad, especially in something like vidya with a hard win/loss system
>>
>>387221425
Then play something simpler, or some thing without very much difficulty at all. Even something without an actual goal, like say Minecraft.
Like I said, you don't have to win. The aim is to enjoy yourself, right? it doesn't matter how bad you are in the end.

I know for a fact I'll never ever be able to beat anyone even remotely competent in fighting games, and I'll never be good enough to play on the hardest music game difficulties. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy playing them.
>>
Dont worry, lots of people can't even beat single player games.

You are probably playing online games with people you aren't good friends with, there is no way to win at a co-op game consistently unless you have friends who you really enjoy playing with to work together with
>>
>>387221847
>just play shit games you dont like so you can win
>>
File: Zxhw0tb.gif (40KB, 46x61px) Image search: [Google]
Zxhw0tb.gif
40KB, 46x61px
>Have spent thousands of hours in fighting/fps games
>still complete shit at them

I don't even know why I try anymore.
>>
>>387221425
I've been playing fighting games for two and a half years, and it feels like just recently my efforts are pushing me into solid intermediate to an inconsistent higher levels of play. I got my ass beat the shit out of me 90% of the time all that time unless playing offline with my bro also learning around the same skill, and I still lose half the time when I play. Don't worry about the win and loss too much. Sure it can be frustrating, but if you aren't playing a game that you truly enjoy to the core, don't stress yourself to become some prodigy, not the other way around.
>>
>>387222118
Play SIMPLE games.
Play something that is easy to learn, but fun to play.
Play something that isn't sold and bought for it's difficulty.
Play something you're not forcing yourself to play.
I'm literally typing out common sense here anon, what else do you want?
>>
File: 1484566695491.png (279KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484566695491.png
279KB, 750x750px
>>387220501
Learn chess you faggot. You probably don't know how to read opponents' moves if you can't git gud after 20 years, and there's no better place to learn that. Plus being good at chess is worthy of respect unlike video games.
>>
File: alou.jpg (288KB, 794x794px) Image search: [Google]
alou.jpg
288KB, 794x794px
Megaman Zero 3 is pretty much the only game I can sit down and play start to finish in one sitting. The dashing and slashing relaxes me.

That's probably it OP. Find a game that relaxes you to the point of wanting to play it occasionally. Then you will naturally become adept at something. Any life skill in general really.
>>
>>387220501
Hey, listen here, what about GETTING A DIFFERENT FUCKING HOBBY
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.