[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Overmind.jpg (70KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Overmind.jpg
70KB, 1024x819px
Awaken my child, and embrace the
glory that is your birthright. Know
that I am the Overmind; the eternal
will of the Swarm, and that you
have been created to serve me.

Behold that I shall set you amongst
the greatest of my Cerebrates,
that you might benefit from their
wisdom and experience. Yet your
purpose is unique. While they carry
forth my will to the innumerable
Broods, you have but one charge
entrusted to your care.

For I have found a creature that
may yet become the greatest of
my agents. Even now it resides
within a protective Chrysalis,
awaiting its rebirth into the Swarm.

You must watch over the Chrysalis,
and ensure that no harm comes to
the creature within it. Go now and
keep safe my prize.
>>
>>387219453
Who wrote this anyways? Reminds me of a lot of the writing in Blizzard's games up to 2008.
>>
File: ancient evil.jpg (175KB, 591x900px) Image search: [Google]
ancient evil.jpg
175KB, 591x900px
>>387219453
*shits on ur lore*
>>
Durr, okie dokie boss
>>
>>387220064
Don't know, but clearly one of the old school nerds who just made games out of the passion for it. Whole industry just got too big and everything got corporate and soulless. Same problem with movies really.
>>387220142
Don't remind me
>>
>>387219453
Overmind literally did nothing wrong.
>>
Yay. More marketers
>>
>>387220064
Metzen I believe. Back when he still had people to bounce ideas off of and slap his hand when he did something stupid.
Same thing with George Lucas and Ridley Scott. They were both best with a couple editors to help them cut out the bad shit.
Sadly, all three of them became renowned for their good writing, and were cut loose, thereby ruining that delicate balance and letting them go off on their own crazy tangents.
In the case of Metzen, he Warcrafted SC2 and D3.
>>
>>387220816
The truly sad part is, that there's still good aspects to SC2 and D3's writing. You can SEE them. Just, there are so many flaws. Why is SC2 a love story? Why is Mengsk so singularly focused on Raynor? Why is Raynor in love with Kerrigan when he clearly got over that come Fenix's death? Why does Tyrael turn into a human? Why is the Butcher introduced like a fighting game villain? Why is every modern blizzard game a feelgood power trip?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XV9fRAhu0
>>
>>387220142
People have a problem with the sequel's lore additions?
>>
>>387220941
>why is Mengsk so singularly focused on Raynor
Butchering Mengsk is one of the sins I will never forgive Blizzard for. At the end of Brood War he is the leader of humanity who didn't flip his shit over losing and claims to be "out there waiting for Kerrigan to slip" but in WOL we hear he didn't actually prepare much for Kerrigan and focused on Raynor instead. And the way they removed him from power is absolute bullshit. Raynor collaberated with the Zerg just like that reporter claimed he would and he forced Valerian on the throne with a bloody coup d'etat but Terran civilians have no problems with making him leader of military? Starcraft 2 lost every semblance of political reality the series had before.
>>
>>387221942
Yes. It's one dimensional schlock. It doesn't have the depth of characters that SC1 had. D3 lacks d1 and 2's atmosphere. WoW is getting better, but for a long time was just a powertrip.
>>387222008
This guy knows his shit. Mengsk was ruthless and power-hungry, but he was actually benevolent. He hated the way the confederacy ran things, and thought that he could legitimately do better for the people of Koprulu. He also had a pretty good reason for fucking over Kerrigan - she killed his father. Or his wife, I don't remember.
Fuck nuBlizzard. Though, with Metzen gone, the writing might normalize a bit. However, the damage is done. D3 and SC2 will forever stain the writing of their franchises from now on.
>>
THE SHWARRRM
>>
>>387219453
serve the hive. i control the groove.
serve the hive. i control, the way you move

how'd ya like my groove daggoth?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.