[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>glory kills >generic alien space monsters >corridor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12

File: DoomCapa-720x450.jpg (91KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
DoomCapa-720x450.jpg
91KB, 720x450px
>glory kills
>generic alien space monsters
>corridor -> locked area until you kill everything
>linear progression
>pointless tacked on weapon customization
>awful music
>cinematic parts

people actually like this garbage?
>>
>awful music
Don't reproduce.
>>
>>387214957
not an argument.
>>
>>387214881
Your only real point

Also
C'mon, eh?
>>
File: ai342.jpg (57KB, 692x713px) Image search: [Google]
ai342.jpg
57KB, 692x713px
>look at me im so cynical! like its really hard to please me, look how hard i dont like those things

just stop for a while and look at yourself op
>>
>>387216301

But he wants to be the next total biscuit or that one fat faggot with the whale wife, he can totally get popular by being a massive cunt no one likes
>>
File: 1500583587793.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1500583587793.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
I don't know why people said this had non-linear progression, literally halo 5 had more open areas unrionically
>>
>>387215905
>>387216301
>>387216402
not an argument
>>
>>387214881
Youre right about everything except the soundtrack
>>
>>387216402
Total Biscuit isn't even cynical though, he legit sucks at videogames and he only is against/for a game if it has a health bar.
>>
>>387214957
It's riddled with distortions, wub wub and other electronic bullshit. It's the worst soundtrack Reznor has made so far.
>>
>>387214881
>i posted my pasta b8 again mom!
>>
File: 1500750936203.jpg (46KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1500750936203.jpg
46KB, 512x368px
>>387214881
you forgot the barebones story, I had no idea doomguy was the guy in the tomb and still don't understand how they went through hell to save him, also what the fuck are the ghosts
>>
>>387216623
>reznor

before anyone bites, this is bait do not take it seriously
>>
>>387214881
>shooting stuff to loud metal
people actually dislike this masterpiece?
>>
File: 1502524973658.jpg (181KB, 783x708px) Image search: [Google]
1502524973658.jpg
181KB, 783x708px
>>387216656
>you forgot the barebones story
what the FUCK is your point?
>>
>>387216656
literally all of this is explained very thoroughly to you, the only problem is that you didnt listen
>>
>>387216656
>story
>DOOM
Stop
>>
>>387216656
Okay, I'll bite.
The templar dudes are ghosts of other overpowered demon hunters, they're just there to pay respect once in a while. Also did you even play the game man? There's a whole level following the footsteps of Hayden's expedition team leading you to your now ex-helltomb.
>>
>>387216815
It's actually not explained thoroughly, and it barely makes sense, but neither of those things are problems.

I collected all the codecs.
>>
>>387215046
Neither is
>awful music

You fucking cunt
>>
>>387214881
>glory kills
This one gets me because all you D44M haters claim Brutal Doom was amazing but you bitch about the same thing here?
Trying too hard to be contrarian, a good deal of the demons are pretty faithful recreations of their classic designs, Pinkie, Imp, Baron, Knight, Cacodemon, and Revenant are all pretty faithful recreations in particular.
You fight enemies in corridors too
>linear progression
Wrong again the levels are pretty spread out with lots of secrets to find
The weapon mods are pretty fascinating to use and dramatically change up the point and shoot gameplay
>awful music
drink bleach doom has always been metal and hard rock
>cinematic parts
all 4 of them? 3 of which are about 10 seconds long the intro, olivia being bad, and the ending? The only one that's worth the complaint in the office scene with Hayden, completely valid gripe.
>>
>>387216838
The templar dudes are the ghosts of some guys who protect Agent D'nur or whatever it's called, and alien civilization that perfected Argent energy and was pulled into Hell. They have something to do with "wraiths", who knows what those are. Argent D'nur may, or may not have been, and ancient Martian civilization. The Doom guy may or may not have been the leader of the sentinels, may have betrayed the sentinels, may be the father of the Icon of Sin, or maybe has nothing to do with them because for no clear reason his Praetor suit is covered in company logos, even though it's supposed to be an ancient thing.
>>
>>387215046
>Lel not an argument
Wel neither is OP
>>
>>387217039
Wasn't his armor sort of standard power armor just cursed by some demon blacksmith for giggles to rip and t ear some more?
>>
>>387217034
>This one gets me because all you D44M haters claim Brutal Doom was amazing but you bitch about the same thing here?
strawman. brutal doom is shit and misses the point of what makes Doom good. much like your shitty nu-doom.
>>
>it's another DOOM purists arbitrarily shit on anything that isn't DOOM 1 or 2 regardless of quality episode

Yawn.
>>
>>387217141
Berserk power up was always "glory kill" even in the unmodded game.

Checkmate contrarian
>>
>>387217117
In Hell you can find one of those lore runes that says it was forged by a wretch who shall not be named. That might the Hayden, the robot guy, but they find the suit in his tomb with his sarcophagus. The only way this makes sense if time is total broken in Hell. I think they just didn't care that much about having a coherent story.
>>
>>387217232
>comparing a scarce power up to a fundamental game mechanic
kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>387217287
lol mad
>>
That's your opinion and you're welcome to have it.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game and there's nothing you will ever say that will change my opinion.
This is how opinions work.
>>
>>387217330
not an argument.
>>
>>387215046
>>387216508
>>387217348
this mad little redditor
>>
>>387214881
>Its an other original fans are pissed that D44M is a spiritual remake and not a mechanicall one.
This game tries to capture the feel of being a badass demon killer, its not trying to be a copy of a masterpiece (that hasnt aged well, replaying doom isnt as fun as it used to be) that it could never be. I also dont get the arena rooms argument. Why is this a bad thing? The worst thing about the original was looking for keycards.
>>
>>387217414
>betheshill in damage control due to not being able to create an argument
>>
>>387214881
Kys DWTerminator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJMYRz8RMQ
>>
I play classic Doom daily and enjoyed D44M and hunted down all the secrets in every level.
I also platinum'd it on PS4.
>>
>>387214881
>The only good games are the ones from before the 20s!
Hello again jaded old people. Maybe you should take of your nostalgia goggels and see that re creating the originals makes for a horrible game that doesnt use the power of modern systems at all.
>>
I don't get why people like D4's music so much and even claim that this dubstep thing is somehow "metal".

Other than that D4 is alright.
>>
It really did feel like D44M was made on the misconceptions of what made the original two games so good but I still had my fun with it. Sure as hell isnt worth full price and three billion terabytes on my hard drive though.
>>
>>387217680
Croteam could have made a modern Doom capturing its true essence.
>>
>>387216656
Yeah you're right, the game still had too many sections where you were locked into an unskippable cutscene to be told stuff nobody should give a damn about
>>
s a g e
>>
>>387217430
>The worst thing about the original was looking for keycards.
People have a habit of romanticising shit parts of a game they liked
The successor must have every single shitts little detail exactly the same
>>
>>387217803
And no modern audiance would buy it because looking for keycards in a level you allready cleared is boring.
>But thats a problems for idiots!
No its a problem for the devs because their game wont get sold. Hunting for keycards sucked to first time around anyways and I cant think of a single reason to defend it besides being a nostalgia fag who knows where all the keycards are. How can you possibly say that the original doom is "fast" and "full of action" when on your first playthrough your looking for keycards half of the time.
>>
>>387217039
Isn't it implied that the Doom Slayer is Doomguy from the original game, following on from the ending of Doom 64 where he decides to stay in Hell and prevent another invasion by smashing the place up for eternity? There's that carving that shows Doomguy in his classic armour, too.

Doesn't explain where the Praetor Suit came from though, but my best guess is that the 'traitor' guy somehow pulled it into Hell from some version of Earth and then made all the modifications for absorbing Argent energy and stuff.
>>
>>387218530
The Praetor suits was created by a demon known as the Wretch during the Age of the Second Demon Lord (Successor to the Icon of Sin).

The Betrayer was a completely different Night Sentinel (The templar guys) who betrayed the order to ressurect their son. Problem is that the son is ressurected but as a new body for the Icon of Sin (As seen in the level Necropolis)
>>
>>387217738
Because industrial metal is an alright modern genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
>>387217034
>he thinks the music in nu-doom is metal or hard rock.
>>
>>387214881
>>glory kills
This turned out fine desu
>>generic alien space monsters
monsters were actually great though
this is the game's biggest fault, hopefully they do away with this arena shit with the sequel
>linear progression
agreed, it definitely wasn't mazelike like original Doom
i liked it, kept things interesting
>awful music
garbage opinion
>cinematic parts
like 1 cut scene for every 50 minutes of gameplay gaylord and they were all very short
>>
>>387218757
It's technically a sub genre of Metal. Mick Gordan mainly used an 8 string guitar for 99% of the songs then ran it through a synthesiser to distort individual sound waves to get that techno/other worldly sound found in the UAC and Hell songs respectively. Technically, it is still metal.
>>
>>387218702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
>>
>>387218902
That's like saying nu-metal is metal. If they wanted a genre of metal that's still doing well in modern times for kickin demon ass they could have just gone with power metal and called it a night if they didn't want to be inspired by thrash anymore.
>>
>>387219004
Sub-genres have ruined metal but I honeslty don't mind Industrial metal. Mainly because BFG division is so fucking good. It's not better than E1M1 or my personal favourite Doom song, Sign of Evil (Which is just atmospheric as all hell), but I can listen to it, VEGA processing and Argent Combat like I do with the original sound track.

Also at the same time, most of Doom 1+2's soundtrack was more atmospheric than straight thrash metal.
>>
>>387215905
>Tacked on weapon customization.

Some of the weapon upgrades are 10/10. Micro Missiles are incredible.
>>
>>387214881
not an argument
>>
I ran the game, picked up a shotgun, I had to stand in face of the weakest enemies and make all the pellets hit to instakill them because otherwise I'd be prompted with EPIC!! NOW DO THE GLORY KILL :-DDDD I tried to enjoy it but I really couldn't, the guns all felt like toys and the glory kills legitimately ruined the game for me. At least I got the refund.
>>
>>387218702
But that's not industrial metal.
Industrial metal sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6yBTYxLko
>>
>>387219141
You're right with that last part but it still had it. There is not a single song in D4 that has a BPM that's higher than 120. Remember all that energy in 1 when you had to fuckmangle the spider mastermind and Facing the Spider played? None of that is present in 4 anywhere.
>>
>>387219340
There is an option to turn off glory kill glows.

Hell, there is an option to just turn the HUD off.
>>
>>387214881
you're right OP, i tried it and i thought "this is what everyone has been talking about?" very boring game. glory kills and weapon customization along with shitty levels just killed it for me. also the game is like 50 gigs, what a waste of fucking harddrive space
>>
>>387219340
Glory kills are supposed to keep the game flowing. You've already done enough damage to kill the enemy, which not do a half second animation to get some health as a reward?
>>
>>387219374
You are correct in that regard, but it still has a BPM fast enough to match the action. It's not as fast, but still fast.

Funny how that describes D44M. Anyway, Sign of Evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=volI6Q40TQQ
Argent Combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNRCA1hbvQk
>>
>Unironically wanting open worlds in FPS titles
Go fuck yourself, you ruined the genre.
>>
>>387219493
It gives the illusion of being fast but isn't as fast as you make out. It carries a good amount of power but no energy with it. Gotta have both when you're facing down some dickhead demon boss. D4's spider mastermind theme was embarrassing.
>>
How is this shitpost still up?
>>
>>387219630
I am not going to defend the Spider Mastermind D44M theme but I can genuinly enjoy the music both as background for most of the levels and on their own. Could it be faster or heavier? Sure, but I do enjoy Mick's work and this soundtrack is a close second behind Killer Instinct's soundtrack.
>>
>>387219646
People legitimately like nu-Doom and any reason to post about it is welcomed, even if it's a shitpost.
>>
PAIN ELEMENTAL, ARACHNOTRONS, PROWLER AND HARVESTER IN SINGLE PLAYER WHEN?!
>>
>>387219402
turning off the glow doesn't remove the fact 9 out of 10 enemies still be standing around waiting for you to press F.
>>
>>387219458
Because I want to shoot the fucking demons, half a second every kill adds up to a lot of wasted time, the glory kill animations are atrociously annoying and if you don't do them the enemies regenerate.
>>
>>387219801
The only time that they have enough time to stand around is when you aren't making sure the son of a bitch is dead. Especially once you unlock the Micro missiles, super shotty, gauss canon and the fucking chain gun.
>>
>>387219493
>that bit at 3 minutes where the Doom 3 theme comes in

Perfection.
>>
>>387215046
honestly ur a faggot
>>
>>387219402
You're supposed to use glory kills, it's part of the game. Their isn't a way to turn them off and the game fiddles with the mechanics a little bit to encourage you to use them. Basically if you tried to play the game without using glory kills, you are actively trying to fight against the game and playing it poorly on purpose. The redditor you are responding to doesn't understand that. That's his loss.
>>
>>387219803
Then shoot the demons, they don't become immune to bullets
>>
>>387214881
>people actually like this garbage?
yep they do, pretty sad isn't it.
>>
>>387219803
The GK can be sped up. But if you are refusing to use glory kills you are literally playing the game wrong and ruining it for yourself out of stubbornness.
>>
Paid bethesda shills need to fuck off
>>
>>387220019
Not really, the only times Glory kills are mandatory are when you are on critical health and fucked up badly in an arena or during a boss fight. Even then, higher difficulties punish you for glory killing willy nilly since enemies love to gang up while you are in the animation, making the health gained/loss ratio completely fucked.
>>
>>387220020
Then it takes double the ammo, I tried to play that way but it sucked even more. The game is balanced around GKs, see >>387220089
there was no way to skip GKs so I simply refunded the game.
>>
>>387220152
Okay, your loss. Close this tab and leave the thread.
>>
combat and level design are pretty gud tho. just a shame about the contrived upgrades
>>
>>387220178
This is the whining thread, you leave.
>>
>>387220152
The chainsaw shits out ammo, also headshots
>>
>>387220152
Do you also complain about other games where you need to shoot enemies more than once to kill them? If they go into a stagger animation, that just means you didn't deal enough damage to kill them, but did deal enough to stagger them.
>>
>>387220135
When enemies enter glory kill mode they become more durable. It's because you are supposed to be lunging through the arenas by "chaining" glory kills. They are just a way to encourage correct, aggressive play.
>>
>>387214957
serious sam 3 have better soundtrack than this game
>>
>steam refunds

lol fags actually do this?
>>
>>387220347
>they become more durable

Source? I tested this once in Snap map with damage numbers on and it didn't change how much damage the demons were taking. Now, this may be different for singleplayer.
>>
>>387214881
>>387215046
What kind of DOOM fan doesn't like metal? Let alone the masterful fusion of metal and electronica in DOOM 2k16?
>>
>>387220473
Pretty sure they only become more durable if you use the rune that specifically does that.
>>
>>387220487
>fusion of metal and electronica
fag
>>
Even if some Mick Gordons songs are good, they're always destroyed by the overblown loud production job that grates my ears.
>>
>>387220487
>electronica
kill yourself
>>
>>387214881

>tfw 70% of /v/ is just idiots like OP baiting people to respond

god this place is shit.
>>
>>387220698
>>387220874
Prove me wrong niggers. Prove to me that this music doesn't capture the absurdity and pure metal ferocity that is DOOM.
>>
guns are boring
you are slow
enemies are bullet sponges
>>
Do you ever wonder what would've happen if we lived in the universe where this was what D44M was?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bq1VlSTG1w
>>
>>387216623
>riddled with distortions
That's kind of the idea. Mick Gordon played withh the idea of corrupting soundwaves pretty extensively when producing DOOM 2016's OST and I think it worked fantastically.
>>
I think glory kills are what ruined the game for me.

Doom was fun because it was fast paced. You were constantly mowing down demons, there was never any breaks in the action.

Old Doom: You run low on health, you look around for a medkit or just play more cautiously

Nu-Doom: You run low on health, you smack a demon with your gun a couple dozen times to stagger him just to watch a novelty animation that you've already watched 2503052395 times

This doesn't also include the weird dialogue segments every now and then that force you to wait for some dumb fuck to stop talking, and the levels that had first person platforming which is never, ever a good thing. Ever.
>>
>>387221273
Glory Kills, aside from the scripted ones with the bosses, are entirely optional and unnecessary. The game gives you plenty of supplies for a firefight even on the highest difficulties, and glory kills only render you invulnerable for the duration of the (very short) animation. This can actually get you killed because enemies don't stop attacking while you're executing something.
Honestly, if you were to remove glory kills entirely nothing would change in the game.
>>
>>387221517
Yeah, but there are still very clear advantages to using Glory Kills. If I'm low on health and there's no health packs around me, my best choice is to use the glory kills. No matter what.

Expecting me to gimp myself to suit my own playstyle is bad game design.
>>
>>387221672
Enemies still drop health if you kill them normally while low on health.
>>
>>387221672
Depends on the situation. If it is a couple of imps, you can probably can get away with a glory kill. With Barons, Pinkies and Mancubi? No way. They'll damage you more than what you receive.
>>
>>387221672
If you're low on health and there's no health packs near you, simply killing enemies normally will yield small amounts of health. Enough to keep you going provided you don't do something dumb like walk into an imp's fireball or stay within melee range of a hell knight.
I recently did a Nightmare playthrough of the game and and only did scripted glory kills. Didn't feel gimped in any way. Enemies also drop ammo if you kill them with a weapon that has low ammo, too.
>>
File: 379720_screenshots_2325.jpg (2MB, 2628x3087px) Image search: [Google]
379720_screenshots_2325.jpg
2MB, 2628x3087px
>>387214881
The glory kills weren't as bad as I was expecting, but the item drop scaling is retarded and unbalanced

The demons look fantastic aside form the cyberdemon

The earlier levels were far better than the later ones. There's no real getting away from the locked-in-a-room encounters unless you want the game to run at a cinematic 24 fps

The weapon mods were a great addtion but they should have been pickups found in levels. The interface was completely uncessary and means that everyone goes for whatever they want rather than having the game's progression being tightly controlled. The suit upgrades need to go. Fuck pseudo RPG bullshit like that.

The music was great imo but it needed more straight riffs then looping samples

The cinematics were fine for the most part, but the office scene was way too dragged out. I also didn't like the camera style during them, the zooming and changing of camera position broke the whole 'always in first person' thing for me.

It was far better than I was expecting but I hope that the sequel is better and more tightly focused on being old school and gets rid of the unneeded bollocks and makes the monster behaviour more predictable. Also fuck that armour system where it's a second health bar, that's shallow as fuck
>>
I kind of like Doom 4 but the encounters got really repetitive and the bosses sucked. Also doomguy's movement speed was a bit too slow, and the climbing and platforming was boring and pointless, and there was no option to skip in-game cutscenes. But the core shooting gameplay, with two types of melee for recovering health or ammo, I basically enjoyed that.
>>
>>387216595
I hate total biscuit. He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
He claims to be all about old school but doesn't play old games regularly and hasn't kept up with the communities at all. This is blatantly obvious when he thinks Brutal Doom adds GZDoom features to the game.
>>
>>387221938
>there was no option to skip in-game cutscenes. But the core shooting gameplay, with two types of melee for recovering health or ammo, I basically enjoyed that.
Two words for you my dude: arcade mode.
Arcade mode trims away 99% of the game's fat, which means that almost all segments of dialogue are gone with the exception of some mid-level stuff and all cutscenes are gone. There's no boss fights either, for whatever reason.
>>
>>387222069
Hah, no idea how I missed that, thanks.
>>
the music is like the only good part. game is piss easy unless you play on nightmare, and then it's only hard because you die in like 3 hits. that ain't doom.
>>
File: 1470037137928.png (299KB, 649x577px) Image search: [Google]
1470037137928.png
299KB, 649x577px
>>387216656
The story isn't barebones. It's simple and tightly executed.

It's a sequel to doom 64 (he chose the path of perpetual torment) where he ended up meeting up with a knightly order from another universe (the night sentinels) and worked with them to protect their god creatures (the wraiths) so hell couldn't harness their energy.
One of the night sentinels betrayed them and only doomguy survived.
A demon betrayed hell (the wretch) and made a suit of armour for doomguy that would let him heal with demon blood (the preator suit).
The demons think he's an immortal demigod blessed by the seraphim (which is clearly a superstition because you can die, it's a clever use of the unreliable narrator).
Because they think they cannot kill you they choose to trap you in a sarcophagus.
The UAC opens a portal to hell and harnesses their energy.
Olivia starts making deals with the demons because of her crippling back pain.
Hayden finds out about Doomguy's tomb and escavates him for an emergency.
Demons invade and Hayden releases you onto the base to kill all of the demons and close the portal.
You succeed and Hayden sends you back to hell so you can get back to killing demons.
The End.
>>
>>387222183
Pro-tip: play arcade mode on ultra-nightmare difficulty if you really wanna have fun and get a massive score.
>>
>>387218702
It's more of glitch+djent than anything else
>>
>>387214957
kek kys
>>
>>387222423
Also don't forget that this UAC is a different universe and Hell is a dimension absorbing universes into itself, being a subtle hint that .wads can actually happen in canon.
>>
>>387221517
The glory kills still leave the monster awkwardly wobbling about for a second or too which looks silly.
They should have made so that they keep fighting but have a little tell, like a limp or something.
Also the item drops scale way too much. The drops should have been consistent as to keep target prioritisation similar to how it would have been anyway. But now you can enter a room on 10 health with 2 imps, a pinky and a summoner and instantly go after the imps because you can get all of your health back from them.
>>
>>387217034
found the cuck who put 90/100 on metacritic, also kys
>>
i liked it because it was free on PC
>>
>>387219374
I never got how people said the doom music was that energetic. Most of it was quite chill midi, almost elevator-like stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVtl_R5rI5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPE13zg6PJE

There was obviously some great stuff, like Shawn's got the shotgun and Into the Beast's Belly and Sandy's City and e1m1

But a lot of it is quite bland, like Soldier of Chaos, which honestly sounds like a bad rendition of the Seinfeld Theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXadlRsHABY&t=105s

DooM 4 was at least consistent
>>
>>387223260
*meant to link to 15 minutes in
https://youtu.be/BXadlRsHABY?t=15m6s
>>
Main thing I disliked was
>at very low health
>kill an enemy normally
>drops about 70 health
Don't know if that is the case for nightmare, but it was for ultra violence
>>
>>387219979
>that bit at 3 minutes where the Doom 3 theme comes in
It starts, builds up aaaaand, nope... ok it starts again, build up, here it comes oh boy, nope again...
The Doom 3 part doesn't go anyway, just a bunch of wubs and repeats where it starts to get good.
It should continue and use those highs, but nope, has to wub it down.
https://youtu.be/SzI7DLR0DPU?t=47
>>
>>387221273
>Says old Doom was better because it was fast paced.
>Then immediately praises old doom for causing the player to play more slowly when low on health and lambastes nu-Doom for continuing the fast pace.

genius
>>
>>387221273
>>387224043 has a point; the kill animations actually reduce the breaks in the action; you regain health by being even more aggressive, while in the original games have you regain health by either fleeing and finding a medpack or by playing extremely cautiously.

The breaks in action are now more quick little breathers in the middle of an arena rather than just stopping the fight for a minute and returning later.
>>
>>387214881
>My first FPS was CoD4
>>
>>387214881
Doom was loads of fun. Good old fashion ripping and tearing through enemies. If you didn't like it, you have issues. Solid 8/10 game.
>>
File: GET A RIP OF THIS TEAR.png (17KB, 156x147px) Image search: [Google]
GET A RIP OF THIS TEAR.png
17KB, 156x147px
>>387216656
>that guy playing doom for the story
>>
>game discounted to 75% off within 12 months of release
>only threads about the game are shitting on it or drones pre-emptively defending
>no mod scene
>none of the original id team worked on the game
nu-duum was a colossal failure when you compare it to the original. I guess maybe you could say it's better than other throwaway trash games though?
>>
File: Front-Line-Assemblys-Bill-Leeb.jpg (74KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
Front-Line-Assemblys-Bill-Leeb.jpg
74KB, 600x488px
>>387222527
>It's more of glitch+djent than anything else
>>
>>387215046
That sumps OP post pretty good.
Bunch of wrong opinions really can't be called argument.
>>
File: 013.png (723KB, 1029x977px) Image search: [Google]
013.png
723KB, 1029x977px
ITT OP doesn't understand what makes a DOOM game a DOOM game.
>>
>DOOM sucks because it isn't literally the exact same game that came out 20 years ago
I hate to break it to you faggots but this is the best you are ever going to get. You are not going to get more FPS games with no reloading and regenerating heth other than this
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (89KB, 1186x788px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
89KB, 1186x788px
>watch video on why DOOM sucks
>guy bitches there aren't quicksaves so he can't savescum
Is this the power of hardcore Doom fans? Woah...
>>
>>387226945
DIs
>>
>>387221074
You don't need to wonder because that's exactly what Wolfenstein TNO is>>387221273
nah it is more deep rooted than that, the glory kills are just very obvious
>>
>>387226945
What makes a Doom game a Doom game in your opinion then.
>>
File: 1501254044372.jpg (99KB, 634x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501254044372.jpg
99KB, 634x396px
>>387222423
>Because they think they cannot kill you they choose to trap you in a sarcophagus.

I always loved this detail. The way the demons are shown to be piss-in-pants scared of Doomguy and how the slayer testaments speak of him like a boogeyman is just fucking neat.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.