[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>backstories allow your character to play heroic or mercenary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 39

>backstories allow your character to play heroic or mercenary playstyles without contradicting your origin
>party members have unique personalities and have real reasons for their behavior and quirks, instead of hamfisting in ideologies
>lore isn't shoved into your face; you can skip dialogue and cutscenes, but if you want lore you can explore and ask questions
>matching generic equipment soothes autism
>you can either be a perfect champion or an absolute dick and still make friends along the way, instead of getting handicapped by not solving every problem
>tactics system has tons of commands to let you play at either a basic or hardcore level
>superb voice acting and musical score for complete immersion
>the ending feels like you've actually accomplished something instead of a boring let-down
>expansions give players what they've been asking for, whether it be armor from a cinematic trailer or more depth to the lore or a satisfying end to a relatively untouched character
Why has there never been a better fantasy RPG than DA:O, /v/?
>>
Because no one actually tries anymore.
>>
>>387212520
That takes a lot of effort, anon, and besides, I'm not a kid anymore. I don't have time to go find Captain Tonner's Secret Underwear Stash hidden four levels below a hidden dungeon in a port town behind enemy lines, or whatever. I just want to be able to level up and do cool stuff with magic.
>>
>>387212520

Amusingly dragon age's pen and paper rpg is absolutely kick ass but due to 2 no one will give it a try.

Inquisition was pretty alright, the 2d art work was to die for
>>
>>387212520
Because the old Bioware doesn't exist anymore, anon
>>
File: adorable3.jpg (148KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
adorable3.jpg
148KB, 623x414px
>>387212796
GAY BLACK COWBOY
MMO QUESTS
RETCONS OUT THE ASS
AWFUL ANIMATIONS
TERRIBLE RESOLUTIONS
>Inquisition was pretty alright
>>
>>387212520
My favorite attention to detail is a few months after the game came out they released a dlc where you go back to ostagar where loghain betrayed the king.
but if you didn't complete the dlc and saved it right until the end of the game just before the last mission and also betrayed alistair and recruited loghain instead you could actually take him with you on the dlc and he will comment on everything, giving you a completely different point of view you would never normally see.

amazing effort i can't believe bioware used to care this much.
>>
>>387212520

It's such an ugly, ugly game though.
>>
>>387212520
>Game was boring and tedious
>Most characters were one-note with barely any development
>Bioware-tier animations
>Magic was broken as shit that required you to babysit you mage
>In fact, you pretty much had to babysit everybody because gambits were shit

Game was shit and you know it
>>
The only reason DA:O isn't the worst "party based, fantasy WRPG" is because DA sequels, NWN and Jade Empire exist.
>>
>>387213038
So much this. Most games release new content as bare-bones as possible, and yet Bioware went out of their way to include comments from already-included companions when it would have been easy to just gloss over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n8kt6Ps-tc
>>
>>387213038
>but if you didn't complete the dlc and saved it right until the end of the game just before the last mission and also betrayed alistair and recruited loghain instead you could actually take him with you on the dlc and he will comment on everything, giving you a completely different point of view you would never normally see.

Nigga what? Holy shit, I had no idea. The thought hadn't even occurred to me.
>>
DA:O Dev time = 6yrs
DA2 Dev time = 1yr
DA:I Dev time = 3 yrs
>>
>>387213038

The banter he has with that old mage woman is great too.
>>
>>387213038
FUCKING WHAT
>>
Sten was best companion, prove me wrong.

Muh dick is not a reason
>>
>>387213297
Yes.
>>
>>387213210
>1yr

Holy shit, this isn't acceptable for any RPG in general. Platformer games you can get away with that but not an RPG
>>
>>387212693
have you tried mobile games you filthy normie degenerate
>>
>>387213297
He's like objectively the worst though because he's the only one who gets only 1 specialization.
>>
>>387213351
That was the number-one complaint, DA2 had you running around the same areas for the entire game. There was very, very few places to explore, and Bioware ate shit for that mistake, on top of several other issues with the game. They DID improve the combat, but at a severe cost.
>>
>>387213417

Unless you're doing some challenge run on nightmare you're free to bring whoever you want and can get away with it.
>>
>>387213204
>>387213257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n8kt6Ps-tc

check it out.
it always stuck with me the fact that most people will probably never see this or even know it is in the game because the conditions to get it are so specific but bioware did anyway.
imagine if they put this much effort in today? sad to see how low they've fallen.
>>
File: 1497720370123.png (388KB, 503x486px) Image search: [Google]
1497720370123.png
388KB, 503x486px
>>387213038
what
>>
>>387213417
From a gameplay standpoint you're right, Sten is as bad as Shale and Dog, but on the flipside his banter game is pretty damn strong, and despite being a seven-foot tall semi-metal man he's also the cutest damn thing to walk around Ferelden.
>>
>>387213462
DA2 combat was legit pretty enjoyable. It's been able to get me through the game two times.

Took me like 5 tries to get through DA:I since the combat was so awful. If I didn't play reaver in my latest one and just killed everything so efficiently I probably wouldn't have gotten through it.
>>
>>387213586
Wait, I thought Shale was a pretty decent tank?
>>
>>387213746
Except her equipment buff requires her to have two of the same color crystals on her, which means if you want Fire protection, the most common spell damage in the game, you need to use Fire weapon crystals, when the vast majority of mobs in the game are Fire-immune. Similarly, if you equip her with Nature crystals, she can't harm the undead. If you give her Ice or Lightning crystals, she can't harm a majority of lieutenants. If you give her Spirit crystals, the only thing she protects against are Arcane Horrors, of which there are about ten of in the entire game. Her abilities are great, but giving her color-coded damage was a major mistake.
>>
>>387213485
Notice how Loghain doubles down on his choices. he feels some guilt because of all the death and destruction but still firmly believes he made the right choice. and he probably did.
great character before bioware turned to absolute shit.
>>
>>387213908
Fair enough. I just remember hearing it somewhere.
>>
>>387213908

Maybe I'm giving BW too much credit here, but it might have been a balancing mechanic. When matched against the right damage type Shale is pretty much the tankiest character in the game. Therefore being unable to damage the enemy type she's near immune to was the trade-off.

Been a long time since I've played though, so who knows.
>>
>>387213913
Pretty neat how the main antagonist was so likable he made an appearance in Awakening and DA:I, as well as being a damn party member.
>>
>>387213087

On the other hand it has by far the best art direction. The graphical fidelity in 2 and 3 are better but everyone looks like shit.
>>
File: disgusted mexican.png (25KB, 347x351px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted mexican.png
25KB, 347x351px
>can fuck Morrigan during the first day in camp
>get approval from Morrigan by killing the mages and Dalish, letting Redcliffe be abandoned, and allowing the dwarves to turn themselves into golems
>makes you kill her mom for you
>never uses her Shapeshift abilities unless you spend ten minutes working on her Tactics
>skips out at the end if you don't knock her up

>people still pick her over Leliana
>>
>>387212693
Get off /v/ now
>>
>>387213351
Blame EA.
>>
File: awakening.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
>And then they released an expansion that was so poorly balanced that a blind monkey could faceroll through it.

Awakening has potential if someone just released a balance mod for it that makes it not mind-numbingly easy.
>>
>>387214269

>Not just picking neither and honorably sacrificing yourself to kill the archdemon
>>
>>387214269
morrigan is way hotter in inquisition desu
>>
>>387214269
>skips out at the end if you don't knock her up
How can you say you love her if you won't put a baby in her?
>>
>>387214326
>morrigan is way hotter in inquisition desu
Only because EA got hit with so much shit for their announcement trailer where they made Morrigan the absolute ugliest bitch in the entire game's series. Even that wet-faced saggy-itty-bitty-titty-committee elf thing looks better than Morrigan in that trailer.
>>
>>387214269
>doesnt romance both and marry Anora
>>
>>387214305

>Import my tank main character
>He ends up becoming invincible
>dragon grabs him and slinging him around and everything but HP bar barely even moved
>I don't think it even did
>The only thing that even managed to do damage was the mother but even then it wasn't anything to worry about

I can't imagine how the other characters were broken.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lO49e_zOss
I still get chills. It's the only time I'd listen to a 30 Seconds to Mars song.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>387214269
DAMN, LEILIANA LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??
>>
>>387214305
>easy

it made me drop the game
i got to the Architect ambush and the zombie with my gear glitched and refused to spawn so i lost all my stuff
>>
>>387212520

Is there a photoshopped version of this image where brenden frasier with the gun to his head, with the fuck my shit up hair, is one of the people?
>>
>>387214269
That's the fun of it. Morrigan isn't just another generic happy romance.
Besides Leliana is used goods.

And who doesn't want to run off to another dimension to raise your clinically retarded demon baby for a while?
>>
File: 435-1-1263189070[1].jpg (73KB, 656x492px) Image search: [Google]
435-1-1263189070[1].jpg
73KB, 656x492px
>>387214505
Thank God for PC.
>>
>>387212520
Eh

>combat system was shallow as fuck
>Equip system was shallow as fuck and pay2win to boot
>Dialogue is generic and boring
>The class/skill/Ability system is linear as hell and allows barely any customization
>Most companions are garbage
>Lots of recolored enemies
>No central theme or 'soul', just 'go and be a hero'

I give it 3/5.
This game would have needed someone at the helm with a lot more vision to match its technical execution and it would unironically been a masterpiece.
>>
>>387214570
>have the entire nexus on your hands
>better pick the mod where she looks like a man in a wig
>>
>>387214269

>>387214269

>Morrigan is an actual character, Leliana is just a fuck doll who contributes nothing to the plot
>waaah how could anyone pick Morrigan over Leliana
>>
>>387214570
managed to make them both look worse
>>
>>387214572

My favourite part is the horrible party member autoleveling.

Zevran talks about picking locks, despite never picking the lockpick skill if you autolevel him.

Leliana talks about sticking knives in people but she autospecs into a pure archer.

Then there's stuff like Morrigan's Shapeshifting that for whatever reason scales off Strength stats for most of its abilities, so without mods it's pretty much garbage for most mages.

DA:O was still a good game, but it has its annoying gameplay quirks.
>>
>>387214830
Don't forget that Morrigan knows "50 different kinds of poisons" but doesn't know poison-making, not to mention Shapeshifer is absolute garbage while Arcane Warrior lets you become a literal god that takes no damage once you get a few Sustained abilities + Shimmering Shield + mana regeneration gear
>>
File: improved_leliana2.jpg (463KB, 1151x569px) Image search: [Google]
improved_leliana2.jpg
463KB, 1151x569px
>>387214659
Here's a better one.
>>
>>387212693
kys nigger
>>
>>387215126
This isn't a JRPG you fuck.
>>
>>387214276
>>387215192
>"I have X opinion about video games."
>kill yourself
It's just a game dude, no need to get so hostile over what I like.
>>
>>387215126
OOC as fuck though considering 90% of the game she's trying to leave "that lifestyle" behind her.
>>
>>387214206
>art direction
It has the shittiest blandest most generic art direction of any fantasy game ever save for WoW and its clones.
The way I remember, the drakes and dragons looked good, but everything else was LotR made slightly edgy.

The tactics mode still hasn't been surpassed, though. Fine tuning your party to the point where they solve encounters themselves was so damn fun and it's a crime no other game allows you to do it.
>>
>>387215126
She looks like a Second Life character.
>>
>>387212520
>have real reasons for their behavior and quirks, instead of hamfisting in ideologies
that lost a lot of points since it was used to justify the characters being generic stock fantasy archetypes.
>here's a dwarf culture that's a bit different. but the dwarf you get in your party still acts like the most generic dwarf imaginable. it makes him an outcast though so praise us.
>here's your lovable scoundrel elf rogue
>here's your kind matronly crone mage
>here's your easily befuddled stoic warrior from stoic warrioristan
>here's your noblebright paladin with bonus points for being a kings bastard
>here's your capricious and judgmental witch

also even though the game doesn't come out and declare the Chantry 'right' or 'wrong', it feels very hamfisted with how its implemented in the story. it beccomes pretty obvious that it was designed by the devs to have at least one thing that each person not part of the chantry disagrees with as a cheap source of conflict whenever a decision has to be made.
>>
>>387214610
>>387214659
I think the point of this mod is to make them look like in the CGI trailer, and it does that pretty well.
>>
>>387215230
>>387215482
I'm usually against mods that clash with the visual style of the vanilla game but considering that Origins has no style at all, I see this as a definite improvement.
>>
>>387215607
>Alistair
>noblebright paladin

That's not how you say an insecure, bitchy wannabe mage hunter.
>>
>>387212520
DA:O was a mediocre pile of shit and the beginning of the end for Bioware. Subsequent games would just amplify all of its failures without its 5 years of autistic polish.
>>
>>387215714
but it does have a style. adding some anime looking bitch completely clashes with the game.
>>
>>387215714
Or you could get a face that looks good while not looking like a bad Sims 2 mod made by a 16 year old girl.
>>
>>387215236
>I want video games to be worse because I'm lazier/don't have time
Give me a break, son.
>>
>>387214206
The game is UGLY. Colors are all lifeless and washed out, environment looks like it was lifted from WoW, animations are poor, character models are worse, clothing, armor and weapons are badly proportioned and hideous. None of this is excusable just because the later games completely shat the bed.
>>
File: improved leliana.png (824KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
improved leliana.png
824KB, 1366x768px
>>387215126
Better version
>>
>>387216081
Does she store nuts in those massive cheeks of her ?
>>
>>387216391
Yeah. Mine.
>>
>>387212520
>party members have unique personalities and have real reasons for their behavior and quirks, instead of hamfisting in ideologies
weak b8
>>
>>387215745
It was the first and only game they every made that was kind of fun to play. That should count for something.
>>
>>387214523
ye Morrigan is just the generic "only seks, no feelings, oh no, maybe I actually DO feel something" romance that is as used up as the generic happy romance
>>
>>387217062
>neutral approval
>dismisses you, finds you a nuisance
>warm disposition
>snarky, sarcastic, more open for discussion
>likes you
>acts girlish, giggles a lot, full of innuendo
>generic "only seks, no feelings, oh no, maybe I actually DO feel something"

Morrigan's all about ignoring love and dependency because she has never been close to anyone before, except Flemeth, who actively tries to kill her. She doesn't want to become attached to someone because she doesn't want to be betrayed, which is why she likes being told she's independent and strong. At the same time, she's still a woman in DA:O, and enjoys feeling useful, which is why she ALSO reacts positively to being wanted and being ordered to get in the tent for a dicking. The only time she has doubts about it is when she thinks the Warden is ONLY using her for a dicking, and that's when she hastily admits she wants something more before going back to being a cocksleeve because it makes her feel ashamed that she's falling in love. It's also why she breaks off the relationship with the Warden if they talk to her during the Final Battle, because she with the Blight dealt with their relationship would actually have to become serious instead of just a secondary dream.
>>
>>387214269

>No starting a family with yoru waifu
Gays not welcome
>>
>tfw this was the last party based AAA rpg
>all future party based games will be action games with rpg elements
budget creep killed gaming. with how expensive games are to make, they cant afford to make niche games anymore
>>
>>387217753
PoE, PoE Deadfire, Divinity Original Sin, D:OS 2
>>
>>387218713
none of those is AAA
>>
>>387215732
good thing you can tell him to man the fuck up after meeting his sister.
>>
File: 1501598849971.jpg (41KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1501598849971.jpg
41KB, 374x374px
>>387212946
>GAY BLACK COWBOY
Are you talking about Preston from F4?
>>
>>387219168
Maybe. I don't know. I didn't actually play Inquisition since that would require buying the game or contributing to piracy, which is degenerate behavior. Did Fallout 4 have the gay black cowboy? Who was the gay black man in Inquisition, then?
>>
>>387216063
There are mods to fix some of these to an extent, but I agree.
Still, that didn't tarnish my enjoyment too much, and it is a game that is starting to get old.
>>
File: Dorian-new2.png (980KB, 709x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Dorian-new2.png
980KB, 709x1062px
>>387219269
Well everyone is playersexual in Fallout 4 so technically Preston is a bisexual black cowboy but close enoush.
But no there's no black gay man in Inquisition, there IS a Freddy Mercury rip off who is gay though.
>>
>>387219283
>it is a game that is starting to get old.
Dude, it's been out since--
Wait, November 2009? I could've sworn that this game came out in, like, 2007, or something. It's newer than Fallout 3 and Fable 2, for fuck's sake!
>>
DA:O was an okay game
It is a master piece only if you never played Pre 2008 RPGs, (Baldurs Gate, Arcanum, Planescape, Mask of the Betrayer) and compare it to the shitty rpgs to come, DA2 for example.

For us grognards DA:O was a good game but it did not superseeded the old classics, but it was a nice touch that RPG's were coming back, mind you this was before kickstarter.
But boy DA2 was a dissapointment, I even fonud ME2 to be dumbed down tbqh. Maybe I'm a grumphy old fag who likes to read blocks of text when playing rpgs but I don't know.

To me DA:O is the last pre kickstarter era proper RPG.
>>
>>387219519
Bioware has always been shit when ever it came to make something that was 3D, it just became more and more apparent as the years went by and technology improved
>>
>>387219541
Playing Baldur's gate for the first time was a joy. That was the type of Bioware I enjoyed.
>>
>>387219541
>>387219638
I tried to play and enjoy games like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum, I really did. I'm fucking thirsty for good RPG experiences.
Still I couldn't enjoy it, they feel way too old gameplaywise to me and I wish they didn't.
>>
>>387219541
Just so you don't get called out by someone salty in the future, the word you want is "superceded". Also, I agree with you, DA:O was good because it encouraged people to explore the game's lore to make moral choices, instead of everything being obviously black and white. It was a 3D DnD campaign, and it's got great replay value. It didn't break new ground beyond its tactics system, but it has a preservation value above almost every other game of its type.
>>
>>387219460
dorian is actually a decent character

he's gay and has daddy issues though. still, hes cool.
>>
>>387214487
Give a warrior the spirit warrior spec and you end up with the most absolutely broken character ever. Attacks ignore armor, insanely high physical and magical evasion, powerful magic attacks that scale with strength. Bioware did not think this class through.
>>
>>387219870
That's similar to Arcane Warrior + Battlemage. Massive armor + 100 Mental and Physical resistance + 75% spell resistance + bullshit insane AoE damage.
>>
>>387219739
It's how I was playing Fallout for the first time. Honestly, the only thing I can say is play them for a couple of hours and you'll get into the groove of them.
>>
>>387219854
>he's gay and has daddy issues though
Because you can be gay WITHOUT daddy issues? news to me.
>>
File: 1435043894222.jpg (20KB, 251x198px) Image search: [Google]
1435043894222.jpg
20KB, 251x198px
>>387217352
>>
>>387220079
What did Krusty mean by this?
>>
DA:O is a strange game to me, I love it but I dislike all of the levels outside of the character prologues. Denerim was pretty cool I guess
>>
>Romance Morrigan
>All other BW games after that feel lame on the companion side because none of them will beat her and I don't want to romance any of those shitters after having romanced my girl
>Not interested in romances in other games anymore either
>tfw tooo intelligent to cheat on your waifu
>>
>>387220191
The Circle Tower is bullshit because of the fucking Fade quest, but the Lovecraftian biological anomalies were pretty good.
Castle Redcliffe is pretty boring because there's nothing special about it beyond zombies.
The Brecillian Forest is also just a generic forest, while the Ruins are pretty much what you'd expect from... well, ruins. Not to mention the "twist" is rather boring.
Haven and the Ruined Temple is such a fucking long quest of nothing but white snow I felt like I was becoming sensory deprived.
Orzammar is fucking great, it's the Deep Roads navigation that's absolute garbage. It's probably why I agree with you about Denerim being pretty cool.
>>
>>387220294
You can't cheat on her when her relationship with the Warden is 90% canon. It's basically confirmed by cinematics and codex information that she and the Warden (a human male Arcane Warrior) got romantically involved, she got knocked up, the Archdemon's spirit went into their kid, she left, he tracked her down, they both entered the realm beyond the Fade, and then she came back to Ferelden while he went off looking for a cure for the Taint.

Your romance to her is already a preconceived notion, and therefore your decision to woo her is meaningless. Your relationship is a farce.
>>
>>387220578
>a human male Arcane Warrior
LOL
>>
>>387221043
Deep Roads trailer, Warden gets Flaming Weapons. Only way to get Flaming Weapons is to be a mage or have a mage, and for some reason he was soloing that shit. Also, the Warden's last name is Amell if you make a human mage, and Hawke's mother's maiden name and house is Amell in Dragon Age 2, meaning the Warden and the Hero would be cousins.
>>
>>387221093
>Taking trailers seriously that were hardly even made by BW
You are worse than the people that think the DA keep default is canon (female elf that killed herself)
>>
File: 1302063037316.jpg (76KB, 308x434px) Image search: [Google]
1302063037316.jpg
76KB, 308x434px
Dwarf Noble/City Elf best origins.

Mage/Dalish Elf the worst.

Rest are alright.
>>
>>387221252
You caught me, I'm just using a bunch of circumstantial evidence inside of Bioware's own games to formulate a theory that can neither be proven nor disproven because it gives me a small sense of hope that perhaps they had some idea of what they were doing with their lore before EA ruined everything permanently.
>>
>>387221347

Not sure what you are on, it's good that there is no canon protagonist.
It's what makes playing KOTOR feel like aboslute shit now because there are set in stone canon choices now.
>>
>>387221313
I quite liked being a dwarf commoner and stealing the show in the arena, only for Duncan to save your ass by conscripting you.
>>
>>387221406
Revan always felt like a guy though. In games with choices like that theres always one option that feels like it makes more sense than the other choices.
>>
>>387212520
Dragon Age: Origins is a solid 10/10 game.
>inb4 someone posts an angry nitpicking reply where they call out flaws
There is not a single game in history without its flaws, but all things considered, DA:O was as good as it could get at the time. A great 3D RPG experience with old school elements.
>>
>>387212520
mediocre, play BG 2
>>
>>387222315
Reminder that anyone who picks Viconia over Keldorn (or Morrigan over Alistair, to relate to the topic) needs to be taken behind the shed and fucking shot for thinking with their penis instead of thinking with their soul and putting a hoe before a bro.
>>
File: 1478009728466.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478009728466.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>not sacrificing yourself to kill archdemon
>>
>>387212520
While DA:O is pretty good for what it is, especially in the time it was released, you have to admit that it just loses stream right after getting the favor of every faction. Long, featureless dungeons fighting nothing but spiders, even the dialogue gets dull shortly after. Great start, weak ending.
>>
>>387222085

Arguable but it's not only that, his looks and personality were pretty much shown off too, all of that shit was unnecessary. Also canon Exile is a female is weird ass hair that doesn't even exist in Kotor 2 iirc
>>
>>387222427
>not making your best friend become a king, then forcing the man who ruined the country to become a Gray Warden by knifepoint so he has to sacrifice himself and become a hero in the eyes of everyone, thereby finding redemption for his many sins
Do you even KNOW Western epics?
>>
File: 32544.jpg (28KB, 419x595px) Image search: [Google]
32544.jpg
28KB, 419x595px
>2011
>Playing DA:O on 360
>Love it but it's hard to play because I only had an SD TV
>Get about half way through and stop due to college and life

>2016
>Playing on PC
>Install a lot of stuff from the Enhanced Atmosphere Mod
>Loving the shit out of it
>About half way through
>Game starts crashing a shit load due to the mod
>Decide to start again with only a couple of things from the mod
>Get about half way through
>PC shits itself

I'll finish it some day.
>>
File: eQ8Nx4M.png (290KB, 505x696px) Image search: [Google]
eQ8Nx4M.png
290KB, 505x696px
>>387213038
Holy fucking fuck
>>
Loved this game. I thin I played it through three times with different choices before getting tired.
Almost wanna go back but I bet I wouldn't get past the clunkiness anymore.
>>
>>387222380
Keldorn is too fanatical.
But yeah Alistair is better than morrigan.
I really wish Baldur's gate had a viable evil path.
They killed off all the best evil npcs from 1, and made 2 into a bit of a rail road in terms of your actions and their morality.
>>
>when you finally get to execute Alistair

Holy shit what a whiny bitch, I couldn't wait to get rid of him. The Anomen of Dragon Age.
>>
File: 686-1-1288554947.jpg (38KB, 668x571px) Image search: [Google]
686-1-1288554947.jpg
38KB, 668x571px
>>387214505
>>387215126

>no one has posted best Leliana yet
>>
>>387222589
>then forcing the man who ruined the country
But Cailan is dead.
>>
File: CwX5g4xWIAA7RKa.jpg (38KB, 620x622px) Image search: [Google]
CwX5g4xWIAA7RKa.jpg
38KB, 620x622px
>>387215236
>It's just a game dude

people fucking falling for this
>>
Awakening making your character completely fucking OP and tearing through everything was fun and felt deserved after the length of origins.
>>
>>387213110
Casual
>>
>>387214572
>>combat system was shallow as fuck
>>Dialogue is generic and boring
>>The class/skill/Ability system is linear as hell and allows barely any customization
>>Most companions are garbage
>>No central theme or 'soul', just 'go and be a hero'

I know this is bait but do try harder next time.
>>
>>387221313
mage has one redeeming aspect: there's a lot of fun content during the game if you are a mage
>>
>>387213485
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I regret picking Alistair over Loghain now.
He always struck me as an interesting character and a necessary evil, but I didn't want to waste all the time I spent getting approval with Alistair.
I guess when I do my next play through as a Dwarven noble I'll take Loghain
>>
>>387212520
There's definitely been better fantasy RPGs, that said I wish they had still kept a Human Commoner and Barbarian Origin. Sometimes I want to be the asshole but that does contradict your noble, Cousland upbringing.
>>
>>387222589

>not sacrificing yourself and making Loghain atone for his actions in life, having complete confidence that he can do it
>>
>>387229629
It was a problem because it has to be a person with battle potential that Duncan would have noticed and decided to recruit, so barbarians living in bumfuck would not qualify, for instance.
>>
I want to enjoy this game, but the combat is a fucking snorefest.
>>
>>387229762
Yet they had planned an Avvar and Human Commoner origin, Avvar being cut because of time constraints, Commoner being cut because it was 2spooky.
>>
File: IMG_3459.png (205KB, 420x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3459.png
205KB, 420x417px
>>387212520
This and Mass Effect 1 are the best of bioware recent releases.
>>
>>387212520
The Witcher / Souls series blows DA out of the fucking water.
>>
>>387224708
You can treat him like shit during the whole game. One playthrough I had him killed after I banged him lel
>>
>>387229928
You mean ME2, right anon?
>>
>>387230354
Not him but you're wrong
>>
>>387214523
Morrigan is used goods too.
>>
>>387230827
Everyone is except the virgin one.
Who turns out to be half elf and completely ruined.
Groce.
>>
>>387230495
I like 2 more than 1 so obviously I'm not wrong.
>>
>Be a Dalish
>Get stabby when shems get uppity
>Suddenly I'm the badguy when a shem calls me knife ears
Why are shems always fags?
>>
>>387230971
You played 2 first?
I like 2 too but it's no RPG and retarded plotwise
>>
>>387231153
No faggot I didn't play 2 first, I just like 2 better. Not everyone has a special reason to disagree with your tastes. Maybe they're shit.
>>
>>387231065
Knife ears should learn their place, remain in their guettos.
>>
What's the best origin /v/? I went with Human Noble my first time around and it felt pretty vanilla, although it felt really good when I told Howe that I was gonna murder his daughter as payback.
>>
>>387231342
Those aren't even elves anymore, they're just like the shems when they abandoned the Dalish ways. Also City Elf Origins are the worst.
>>
>>387231232
Not him but maybe it's your tastes that are shit. Mass Effect 1's story is comparable to a good novel. Mass Effect 2's story is comparable to a good summer action blockbuster, more exciting but less depth and Mass Effect 3's story is comparable to a shitty b-list hollywood cash-grab, shittier in every regard. You're free to prefer summer action blockbusters to a good book all you want but that doesn't make your tastes all that good pleb.
>>
>>387229892
apparently they cut the human commoner because it was generic and boring
>>
>>387231467
dwarf noble for sure
>>
>>387231632
Neat. I wanted to do a Dwarf character next anyway.
>>
File: Cropped_dwarf_commoner.jpg (71KB, 673x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Cropped_dwarf_commoner.jpg
71KB, 673x1049px
>>387231476
>Also City Elf Origins are the worst.
I agree.
Dwarf commoner and noble were my favorite.
>>
I never understood why this game was so popular. I played the game a little bit past its release date, and while I did finish it, it was so... Unmemorable. I cant even remember how the combat was, something like a mix between RPG and hack & slash? The story was dull, all I remember was that you were one of the last grey judges, and your enemy were the darkspawn. You were supposed to defeat Sin, the source of all darkspawn but you find out that by defeating Sin you absorb Sin, becoming a new Sin and bringing peace only for a short while. So instead, Morrigan sleeps with you so that your unborn child with inherit Sin and you all live happily ever after except Morrigan, who disappears somewhere, presumably to kill her child. I think I'm missing some important details, but that just goes to show how unmemorable DAO was.
>>
>>387231538
In your opinion.
>>
>>387215126
which mod is this?
>>
>>387231852
because it did everything that it did well, nothing particularly stands out or breaks new ground but it's just a solid rpg overall, especially on pc with mods
>>
>>387212693
You are the problem
>>
Pyre doesnt remotely have the same gameplay as Dragon Age Origins but its the first game ive played since origins that makes me care about the cast of chraracters like does.
>>
>morrigan tells me to make a demon baby to trap the soul of an old god
>fuck no
>throws a temper tantrum and fucks off before the big fight
>turns out that somehow she's still pregnant
>track her down and stab her in the fucking stomach
>her having said demon baby is still cannon

Thanks Bioware
>>
File: 1489277906202.gif (83KB, 200x179px) Image search: [Google]
1489277906202.gif
83KB, 200x179px
>>387232502
>i, too, can read, my boy
>>
File: 1501997826534.jpg (68KB, 488x485px) Image search: [Google]
1501997826534.jpg
68KB, 488x485px
>>387213038

>I only discovered this on my 7th playthrough
>>
>>387212520
this is a pretty awful game, old /v/ which had a lot of consoleshits liked it
>>
>>387212520
Writing in DAO was already becoming fanfiction tier
>>
>>387212520
what
DA:O is complete generic banal shit and the main quest is fucking terrible
>>
>>387212693
If you don't have time to play video games, you have a time management problem.
>>
More RPGs need to do what Origins did with the origins thing. Having different prologues to play through for each race was really cool. Now if only someone could take that system and go more in depth with it, like having stuff chosen at character creation and choices made in game affect things throughout the whole game.
>>
>>387215236
>I mean, they took out all the good bits and made everything press x to win

If I meet you, I will tie you up in my basement and leave you there till you beat the Dark Savant trilogy.
>>
>>387213586
Sten mentioning to Morrigan that she would die if they fucked.
>>
>>387220191
I had a blast with it till I stopped spamming mage fireballs/crushing prison and blood magic, dual wield still fucks things up, but any other play style ramps up the difficulty.
>>
>>387230827
she's also a furry
>>
File: city_elf.jpg (73KB, 794x1048px) Image search: [Google]
city_elf.jpg
73KB, 794x1048px
>>387231476
nigga what?
>>
>>387228350
Yea but I bet you still can't tear through that sack of meat boss in Golems of Amgarrak in nightmare even with your level 40 character.
>>
File: merely pretending.jpg (7KB, 201x209px) Image search: [Google]
merely pretending.jpg
7KB, 201x209px
>>387232623
>Kill Leliana after defiling the ashes
>Literally decapitated
>She survives the complete decapitation
>She was merely pretending to be dead

Anyway I feel like starting 3 fresh new saves, one for each class. Which Origins for which class?
>Warrior
>Rogue
>Mage
>>
>>387215048
>Shapeshifer is absolute garbage
Only if you're shit at the game. Two playthroughs ago I did a solo Shapeshifter nightmare run and it was piss easy. Just remember that Strength affects a lot of your Shapeshifts and don't go pure Magic/Willpower.
>>
File: 1497561217497.png (335KB, 496x590px) Image search: [Google]
1497561217497.png
335KB, 496x590px
anyone else did this?

>city elf origin
>sell out your cousin and her friends so they will get gang raped
>get 100 gold for it
>hide the gold in a box in the staring area before the guards take you in and take all the money
>finally return to the elf ghetto
>the money is still there
>>
File: 1343083146982.jpg (41KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
1343083146982.jpg
41KB, 500x224px
>yfw finally getting blood magic
>>
File: 1472384482475.jpg (67KB, 540x607px) Image search: [Google]
1472384482475.jpg
67KB, 540x607px
>>387212520
>deep roads
>>
>>387212693
>I don't have time for plot
i highly doubt that you can't make time for vidya unless you are a child with poor time management skills.
>>
>>387214168
>limey cunt who has not taken a bath ever
>likable
Nah. Logain was a piece of shit and beheading him in front of his cunt daughter was the tits
>>
>>387236289
Can you execute Loghain and marry his daughter at the same time?
>>
>>387236409
Nope
>>
>>387236289
>literally burst out laughing when I executed him and his blood sprayed all over his bitch daughter
>>
>>387221093
>for some reasons
He has heard the call, anon. He went there to die, not to 'solo shit'
>>
File: Map_-_Fade.jpg (118KB, 790x793px) Image search: [Google]
Map_-_Fade.jpg
118KB, 790x793px
>Think about replaying DAO
>remember the fade
>nope
>>
>>387221313
Dalish Elf > City "Elf"
>>
>>387230827
delet
>>
>>387221252
>female elf that killed herself
Female characters can't knock up Morrigan, right? So how can they survive the fight? Making Alistair fuck Morrigan?
>>
>>387237105
>that fucking stock shock violin sound playing all the time

this is psychological fucking warfare and it gives me PTSD of when my mother used to watch the food network all the time
>>
>>387237394
or Loghain
>>
>>387237105
There's a mod that allows you to skip it.
>>
>>387222625
dont do it man. youll want to continue the series. da2 has some fun characters but its such a half assed unfinished mess. Da:I is shit
>>
>>387237394
let loghain kill the archdemon
works even if your refuse morrigan

might seem harsh, but if you offer him the choice he basically begs you to let him die a hero
>>
>Dwarven Noble
>Your best friend is fucking Dwarf Spike Spiegel or Tom
>>
File: 1396374801511.jpg (36KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1396374801511.jpg
36KB, 500x334px
The thing i like about DAO the most is that it allows you to go full edgelord mode and just be an evil mage on a power trip.
>cooperate with the first enchanter and sell your "friend" out at first opportunity
>strike deals with demons
>tap into blood magic at any opportunity, assist the old mage in warden's keep possibly greatly increasing your lifespan
>generally be a huge cunt to everyone in game world and only care about profit
>still revered as hero
>>
>>387215607
Notice you glossed over
>The rouge that's actually a nun, sort of
>>
>>387237105
I recall chuckling at the dogs nightmare.
Remembe to hug your doggos
>>
>>387213297
>only one specialization

Sten is shit.
>>
>>387213038
In ME2 Legion has as much recorded companion dialogue as any party member, even though you get him in one of the last story missions. Due to the game's structure, you can do at most one story mission after you recruit him or you can't get the perfect ending anymore, but he still has dialogue for all post-Horizon companion missions. Especially hilarious in Tali's recruitment and loyalty missions.
>>
File: 1497408833837.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497408833837.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>387213417
They really should've given him some special Qunari/Beresaad shit. I guess they didn't want warriors to have more specs than the others or they thought people were too dumb to save him.

But it still fucking sucks so much that he's a third wheel to the Warrior roster (or even worse if you're a warrior yourself).
>>
Kind of a plot hole in the Dwarven Noble Origin, but why can't you just tell your father about the plot when he's telling you about the shield?
>>
>>387244973
If you're a trusting character, then you wouldn't believe your older brother is up to something, and you would think that your father also wouldn't believe it, too. If you're a paranoid character, then you would rather find a way to take out your brother yourself with no one finding out it was you, meaning it's best not to bring it up to your father at all.
>>
>>387213150
Logain was so based
>>
File: 1489105603141.jpg (432KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
1489105603141.jpg
432KB, 750x850px
>>387212946
>>387219269
>Maybe. I don't know. I didn't actually play

Thread in a nutshell
>>
>>387247281
>destroys half the country because your daughter is a cuckqueen
>"based"
Seriously?
>>
File: 1445031295086.jpg (14KB, 191x150px) Image search: [Google]
1445031295086.jpg
14KB, 191x150px
>>387212520
>none of the new crpgs have that detailed tactics screen

Fucking why, I hate PoE for not having it they could have used something similar to it instead of the role system or whatever it's called.
>>
>>387231476
city elf lets you whore out your cousin tho. perfect for an evil rp
>>
File: tumblr_os4u98kd6G1s6wqdto1_500.png (341KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os4u98kd6G1s6wqdto1_500.png
341KB, 500x445px
>>387212520
Inquisistion is actually my fave game in the series.
>>
>>387237105
the nightmare sewuences for your party are hilarious sometimes tho. ill never forget the scene with morrigan
>>
>Bring companion in the Fade

>Most of them have nightmares or some shit

>Dog is just a good doggo sleeping, and hes happy to see you when he wakes up

>Sten knows it's a dream, but it's a good dream
>>
>>387248394
I can't see why. It's such a completely boring and asinine game and most of the dialogue and story is cringeworthy. I couldn't feel a connection with any of the characters because they all felt like masturbatory fantasy for someone instead of actual characters or they were completely bland.
>>
>>387216063

It's fucking hideous, yeah. That does nothing to contradicting my point that it still had the best art direction of the three games.
>>
>>387248783
Doggo and Sten were goddtier companions. The only thing keeping Doggo from literal perfection was knowing there were character lines you wern't hearing.

Let's count some of the ways Doggo was amazing!
>While he doesn't get fancy armor slots, he works damn well with nothing, and lets you use your money and enchantments to make 3 great characters instead of 4 good ones
>Not even that much squishier than a full shielded warrior
>Finds you some early loot. Sure, it isn't great, but nobody else does this
>Shuts mages the fuck down
>Doesn't have animations for a lot of CC effects, so either defaults to a "knocked down" he just gets back up from, or just powers the fuck through it
>This includes against dragons, who cannot do their bite thing against Doggo. Doggo is literally built for dragonslaying
>No bullshit loyalty or betrayal events. Doggo is always with you
>>
>>387212520
I enjoyed DA2..... you can crucify me now.
>>
>>387250102
Doggo is also necessary to complete the Legion of the Dead armor set, because you can't find a piece of the equipment without him searching for it in the Dead Trenches.
>>
>>387212693
Nice job on the bait, you got a lot of angry nerds angrier.
>>
Game needs Morrigan and Illyana threesome.
>>
>>387217753
>all future party based games will be action games with rpg elements

I'm actually really glad for this. As long as the combat is actually good. And, you know, the whole game really.
>>
>>387213038
it took bioware three years to go from a company which did such extras for hardcore fans, to a company who put the most important lore character in a day one dlc. not that dragon age2 or messeffect2 were not already garbage games.
>>
>>387222427
>>387222589
>Not fucking impregnating BEST GIRL then swoocing of the another dimension to raise a wonderful family with her.

What the fuck are you doing, really?
>>
Does this game have a modding community?
>>
Serious question, why do people think DA2 is better than DA:I. I mean, really, DA:I improved upon DA2 so much. Fuck dude, you only had one city in DA2. And the combat was shit. And the characters were extra bad. I just don't see it. Is it that everybody played DA2 because they didn't expect that massive turd to go flying in their face so they automatically call DA:I worse because they didn't play it and just parrot what they hear?
>>
>>387212520
i will never forget the dungeon to the monstermother where a dwarf explains how one is born.
>>
File: 1483510443869.gif (740KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1483510443869.gif
740KB, 300x242px
>>387251674
>morrigan
>best anything
btw best girl is wynne
>>
>>387229762
Why not? You could definitely write something believable with that set up. It wouldn't be that hard.
>>
Bioware is one of the greatest tragedies in gaming.
>>
>>387251816
Sort of, seen mostly custom armors, face lift mods, and nude mods.
>>
>>387231467
I liked the complete psycho you could become as a female city elf.
>>
>>387252041
Good choice, Wynne is a pleb filter.
Every faggot who complains about Wynne didn't do a single bit of her character specific shit, talk to her at all, etc.

Like, without fail.
>>
>>387214305
my 2h warrior got so much attack speed in the dlc the stat rolled back over the minimum and I quit playing entirely
>>
File: 1495067628987.png (217KB, 442x387px) Image search: [Google]
1495067628987.png
217KB, 442x387px
>>387247281
>literally wants you to fuck and knock up his daughter
>>
>>387214326
WRONG
>>
>>387212520
is qunari romance with sera good?

i want to make a qt andrastian qunari lady to fuck sera!
>>
>>387250147
I really wish they didn't ignore my blood mage female hawke. I mean there I am going crazy stabbing myself and stealing blood but nobody reacts and no moral choices connected to the blood magic either. Animatons and skills of the blood mage were sick though
>>
>>387252978
I wouldn't know. I don't even allow her in my party.
>>
File: 1497122924670.jpg (73KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497122924670.jpg
73KB, 1080x1080px
>>387253007
blood magic was bad impleted in both, DAO and DA2, in both games the story should be affected.

i hope DA4 is a good game with origins, and with blood magic that can affect story if you are one.
>>
>>387236409
Yes, aslong as Alistair kills Loghain and not your char.
>>
>>387252978
If only they looked like that in game, sera is disgusting and the qunari hairstyles are fucking garbage
>>
>>387253007
>use magic in the city
>Templars appears out of nowhere
>this in an unsanctioned use of magical energy
>>
>>387217753
That's a good thing, origins' combat was garbage and put me off the game.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.