[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The worst fucking ideas "Hey guys... what if... Zelda...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

ITT: The worst fucking ideas

"Hey guys... what if... Zelda... but with obligatory touchscreen with your stylus, without any normal control pad?"
>>
this is the second best zelda game though. Puzzle-wise, it's the best
>>
>>387208463
Don't ever post about Zelda again.
>>
WHAT IF WE MADE A TURN-BASED RPG WHERE YOU PLAY WITH A PARTY AND CAN ONLY CONTROL ONE CHARACTER

AND THEN WE MADE THE PARTY AI FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>387208463
What’s your best
>>
>>387208463
Cut your ethernet cord and bring a hammer to your router
>>
>>387208604
sounds like someone full-healed nyx
>>
>>387208596
reddit
>>
Phantom Hourglass's controls were rough and pretty janky, but Spirit Tracks was really polished controls-wise. I don't think I ever had any issue with imputs playing Spirit Tracks.
>>
>what if we removed all story and characterization allowing people to do four things in any order even though its not really optional when we couldve made a progressing story and gameplay
>what if we took away all the charm of a deep world and had people run around copypasted plains picking up copypasted seeds for 200 hours
>what if we reduced all item/equipment collection, progression, minigames, and sidequests to nearly nothing and instead implemented a survival system where you collect wood and food
>>
HEY GUYS, WHAT IF WE DONT FUCKING DO SOMETHING NEW EVER!

Sometimes they fuck up, sometimes they come with great ideas.

The controls didn't bother me at all, but it was a bad idea to not include normal controls.

Just like in BotW, i can't believed they didn't add a option to make your helmet invisible.
>>
File: 1493908582457.jpg (38KB, 372x399px) Image search: [Google]
1493908582457.jpg
38KB, 372x399px
>>387208204
That shit pisses me off to no end
I didn't play spirit tracks because of the controls. I borrowed phantom hourglass from my brother and I expected it to be a new handheld zelda game instead I got complete garbage.
If they just would've had normal controls and used the touchscreen for gimmicks then it would've been a pretty good title...kinda
>>
>>387208604
IT WASN'T RETARDED AS LONG AS YOU WERENT RETARDED AND ASSIGN TACTICS CORRECTLY YOU STUPID MONKEY.
>>
>>387208928
>make your helmet invisible
?
>>
>>387208986
Spirit Tracks is way more polished than Phantom Hourglass in terms of controls. It's like PH done right
>>
>>387208604
>i dont like role playing in my role playing game
>also im a fucking retard who sucks at games
>>
>>387209176
>It's like PH done right
Yet still manages to be a shit game and worse than PH in some ways.
>>
>>387208604
Sounds like persona 3
>>
>>387208463
A man of tastes. Spirit tracks is a great game.
>>
>>387209107
Some games have that option, biggest example of them all is World of Warcraft, you can equip head gear and make it invisible so you can see your character, or avoid looking at one ugly ass helmet with awesome stats.

It's a shame that botw didn't have that option because i really like Link's hairstyle, besides the fact that the most common helmets are awful, like the Knight one or the Ancient one.
>>
>>387208204
Why do you have a problem using your stylus?
Also, this is one of the best ds and Zelda games.
>>
>>387208204
i bought this game expecting normal controls designed for humans...
>>
>>387208204
Still a better idea than

>"Hey guys, what if Link were...a giant crossdressing faggot? Also Zelda has GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS!"

Really, while the controls are a bit iffy, they are at least improved upon over PH, which you didn't mention. And a few issues aside ST is a pretty solid game with some nice dungeons and puzzles. Also has the best incarnation of Zelda from a character standpoint and a pretty good cast in general.
>>
>>387208204
"Guis, what if we made a game you can beat without grinding have mandatory grinding! Oh, and don't forget to have DLC with classes that should've been in the base game!"

"Even better, make it so grinding is even more tedious than the phone game we released and everything is less rewarding!"

BRILLIANT
>>
>>387210857
>i bought this game expecting normal controls designed for humans...
Did you lose both your hands in the war or some shit? You literally touch the screen in the direction you want to go and tap an enemy to attack it.
>>
File: arnold-serious-1470498074.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-serious-1470498074.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
>Bwaaaaaaa! Hate this stylus!
>Bwaaaaaaa! Hate this wiimotes!

Good that N don't give a f about whiny kids who hate everything new.
Otherwise we would end up like CoD franchise.
>>
>>387208204
Worked for Ninja Gaiden.
>>
File: 1442119251417.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1442119251417.gif
344KB, 256x192px
>>387208204
>One of my top 5 favorite Zelda games
>Constantly shat on by everyone on the internet
>Feel like people just parrot the opinion of "TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS ARE BAD" at this point considering the game's like 10 years old.
>>
Except the flaws with this design were fixed in Spirit Tracks compared to Phantom Hourglass

That being said, Spirit Tracks are fucked eternally because the FUCKING MICROPHONE
>>
>>387208204
Phantom Hourglass is worse. Awful controls that are clearly shoehorned in since it's an early DS game, and Palace of the Ocean King is an abomination of game design. Linebeck isn't enough to make the game good.

ST isn't great, it's the second worst 2D Zelda, but it's better than PH, for fucks sake.
>>
>>387212928
Zelda is now part of the open world meme and I dare to say that some of their most recent games are more simplistic and vapid than CoD.
>>
>>387213168

>more recent games

What? Majora's Mask 3D and BOTW?

>Open world is bad because i don't like it
>MEME BRO
NES Zelda
>>
>>387213168
>Zelda is now part of the open world meme
The first game in the series, if released today, would be considered open world.
> I dare to say that some of their most recent games are more simplistic and vapid than CoD.
They really aren't. Even if they are easy to play, it's never to the point where they practically play themselves like CoD.
>>
>>387208604
Kiryl spamming instant death spells is a great meme, fuck off.

https://youtu.be/1H1Vl5HQwng?t=14
>>
>>387208990
>Deflecting valid criticism with "git gud"
Kys
>>
>>387212928
>Good that N don't give a f about whiny kids who hate everything new.
Why do people do this
"I personally don't like X(thing that's new)
"WAAAH YOU JUST HATE EVERYTHING NEW WANT THE SAME SLOTH OVER AND OVER HEHEHEHE"
'new' doesn't mean good you faggot
>>
>>387208990
No, it's genuinely retarded to have party members when a) you cannot control their actions and b) the game's over if you end up dying.

I mean, what's the point of even having a party when you're the one pulling the most weight? It doesn't even make sense in the Persona games where your party is comprised of humans, as opposed to demons who only align themselves with you out of self-interest in the SMT games.
>>
>>387214061
There was nothing wrong with the controls in PH or ST and most of the people who bitch about it the most have likely never played it themselves and are parroting the opinions of others for (you)'s.

It's not like Star Fox 0 where the controls had a learning curve and the game ended before you got used to it, it was literally as simple as "touch screen to move, tap enemy to attack, draw path or tap environment when applicable for equipment."

Literal children can play the DS Zelda titles for goodness sake, so what's your excuse?
>>
>>387214061
>I personally don't like X(thing that's new)
It's more along the lines of
>X WAS A MISTAKE AND ANYONE WHO LIKES IT IS A FAGGOT. WHY DON'T I LIKE IT? FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY!
>>
>>387208204
There's a patch for that, and it works great.
Spirit Tracks hate is a meme. Especially compared to Phantom Hourglass, what a lifeless turd that was.
>>
>>387208204
>>387213127
PH even had this one skeleton mock people who wanted normal controls. They fucking knew people would hate touch controls and they still made them mandatory.
>>
File: izalith.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
izalith.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
guys what if we made the lava destroy your eyes LOLZ0RZ
>>
>>387208204
there is absolutely nothing wrong with touch controls in DS Zelda

i will guess that your problem are only because of poor Nintendo DS emulation
>>
>>387212928
Fuck off, Miyamoto.
>>
>>387208463
Can confirm. I didn't even mind the train sections, they're pretty comfy.
>>
File: 1501754151454.jpg (44KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1501754151454.jpg
44KB, 720x602px
>>387211123
>Unironically needing to grind
>>
I WANT THE SALVAGE ARM!!!
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.