[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm replaying Adventure 2 right now and wow. I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 22

File: sa2.jpg (136KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
sa2.jpg
136KB, 1000x800px
I'm replaying Adventure 2 right now and wow. I've never realized how dog shit this game was, From the awful storytelling to the 10 minute long stages, this game is a trainwreck
>>
>>387206106
Pretty much. As someone that grew up with the classic games, this shit depressed me pretty hard at 15 or whenever I played it.

I could let the story go if it was actually fun to play, but fuck. Literal rail sections and essentially rail sections and all the other bullshit they tried to pile on to distract you from the fact that they can't figure out how to make a 3D game.
>>
>>387206106
>10 minute long stages
If it's not aquatic mine or the pyramid one, you're just shit.
>awful storytelling
It's fine.Remember, this is sonic.
>>
>>387206106
you're gonna need a bigger bait to actually make a decent SA2 thread amigo
>>
>>387206106
Just spend all your time in the chao garden and then you'll realize why everyone played this game.
>>
treasure hunting stages are two minutes long even if you are unlucky and bad.
>>
>>387206106
FOLLOW ME
>>
>>387206106
Yup it's pretty much shit, only adventure fags can like it.
>>
>>387206348
>It's fine.Remember, this is sonic.
That doesn't give it an excuse for being awful story telling you give it the exception because it's sonic.
>>
You must really suck if you're taking 10 minutes to finish a stage
>>
>>387206106
robot stages are mindless.

tesaurer hunting is pure hell.

speed stages are the only one that skill holds up and pretty fun.
>>
>>387206106
Back in the day taking 10 minutes on a stage in a sonic game would have killed you for being so godawful.
Fucking casul shitters get off my board.
>>
No matter what autistic 3D sonic fans tell you, you're right OP.

I did literally the same thing a couple days ago. I was replaying all the classic sonic games in anticipation for Mania, and ended up giving the 3D games a go since I'd never finished them when I was younger.

Holy shit. From the very first stage the game shits itself, the camera jerks all over the place when you're not on a on-rails segment and the controls are just floaty as hell.

The story is completely retarded. Sonic is supposed to be a saturday morning cartoon character, but suddenly he's a 12-year-old's edgiest wet dream. Secret Agents, genetically altered mutants, ancient echidnia races, cloned super-soldier hedgehogs, it's all just so retarded, and it takes itself so seriously too.
>>
>>387208668
Pretty much summed up what went wrong with the sonic series.
>>
>>387208668
Damn, you really hit the nail on the head there.
>>
>>387206106
I replayed it recently as well. The Sonic and Shadow stages held up decently, though the camera and crisco physics hamper a ton of the fun while trying to go fast. The rest of the other characters? Not even remotely fucking fun. Just stupid filler fucking trash. Eggman and Tails bog down the game so god damn much. The levels are boring, non challenging, slow as fuck slogs. Plus the loud as hell noise when you're aiming to shoot is infuriating. As for the emerald hunting stages, all you have to do is follow the sensor like a retard. There's basically no gameplay or challenge with those and again, like the tails levels, included to fill space and waste time. How you adventurefags defend these games as amazing is beyond me. Cool for it's time but not worth revisiting in the slightest.
>>
at least the game lets you replace the english voice actors with the japanese ones. More games need to do this
>>
I remember when all the gaming magazines where cumming buckets about how lovely the game looked. I think that was mostly due to it being one of the only games at the time to run at a solid 60fps.
>>
File: 1501459523548.png (1MB, 942x526px) Image search: [Google]
1501459523548.png
1MB, 942x526px
Pic related pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>387208668
Back in the early 00s it seemed like every single studio was trying to outdo each other with how DARK and MATURE they could make their fuzzy animal games.

Then around 2007 everyone realize how retarded that was.
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 is far better. The speed stages have much tighter physics that allow you to mess around more and go through the stages faster if you good with Sonic and Tails' move sets. The mech stages are short and simple. They're still mindless button mashers, but they only last a minute or two at most. The treasure hunting stages have working radars. The only bad sides are the camera, amy, and big. Neither are perfect games, but this one is miles above SA2
>>
>>387209264
It really did look good compared to other 3D platformers at the time. Even today it still looks pretty good, bar the lip syncing.
>>
It's really amazing that people like this one more than Adventure 1, because this one holds up a lot worse. 1 has problems sure, but this game is a mess. Speed stages are basically hold forward to win. Mech stages are slow and boring and removed the fun time limit mechanic from Gamma's stages. Hunter stages are confusing and painful unless you already know the map. And then you get to space and everything becomes several times more shit.

The theme is okay but not amazing, and you only hear like four bars repeated ad nauseum on the menus. One of Knuckles' levels had a dripping sound that gave me a headache really quickly.

The Chao thing is okay but basically just an excuse to force yourself to play the shitty main missions to grind up animals and those nuclear bars Homer Simpson handles in the opening to The Simpsons.

The two highway stages are the worst fucking things.

The game is buggy and the camera managed to be so much worse than the one in Adventure 1. There's a point in a Knuckles' stage in a temple where you have to hit a timer and then run out and through a door very quickly, but when you run out into the hall the camera tries to point in every direction at once and it becomes impossible to point him through the door that's right beside him.

Sonic Adventure is ass. And Heroes is even worse.
>>
>>387209462
The physics in SA1 were broken, not tighter. Watch a speedrun where they zip through half of the level with one jump and free camera exploits. SA2's allowed for skillful skips and movement without being busted.
>>
>>387206106
http://www.metacritic.com/game/dreamcast/sonic-adventure-2

Now fuck off.
>>
>sonic mania revitalizes a dying franchise
>forces comes out and finally kills it
It's pretty bitter sweet honestly. Oh well, at least there were a few good titles in his history.
>>
>>387209587
whats wrong with heroes? games far from perfect but i had alot of fun with it and one of the first games i 100%
>>
>>387209687
Nigger are you serious? SA1 has way more skill-based skips. Of course a fucking speedrunner is gonna break the game, they do the same thing with SA2.
>>
>>387209379

Exactly. It's interesting to see how Nintendo always tries to maintain their IPs as trend-free as possible. It's pretty cool how they went throuhg the late 90s and early 00s without resorting to edging their characters up, going so far in fact as to make Zelda even more cartoonish with Wind Waker, when everyone else was going full DARK and MATURE.

>>387209462

I agree. I think it's a bad game, or at least a game that age really badly and isn't really that good nowadays, but it's much better than 2. It just feels nicer to play, especially on the original Dreamcast.
>>
>>387209765
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/sonic-adventure-2-battle
and then people finally came to their senses and scored it appropriately. now you fuck off stupid nigger.
>>
>>387209905
Not to the same degree, like I said, it outlines how much more polished SA2's physics were.
>>
SA2 is a masterpiece compared to the shit that is SA1.
>Glitchy, broken physics
>horrible graphics and voice acting
>only the sonic stages can you find any sort of enjoyment

SA2 was much more polished and focused
>>
It fixed some of Adventure's problems but had a couple of its own introduced, and the design didn't always compliment itself very well.
Like, the Mech stages have forced platforming segments when the enjoyable parts are destroying enemy mechs, and the lack of proper explanation and worse emerald radar make the treasure hunting stages a huge pain in the ass until you get really used to a level.
The Speed stages themselves are a mix of good ideas and meh ones, with some levels going on too long. I can't say that other titles improved on it because the games after it until the boost games had worse control or level design or both, and boost brings a different play style.

Two player mode was amazing though.
>>
>>387209462
>>387209687
>>387209905
>>387209984
shhh. You guys know we're not allowed to discuss adventure physics. Else we'll end up attracting THAT guy, you know the one
>>
>>387209765
>dreamcast

I wonder how many of those people have even played it recently. Here, let's try something a little more recent:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/sonic-adventure-2
>>
Dark Chao Mech was too good.
>>
>>387209964

That is still too high a score for the game. The only way I can see someone giving this a positive score is if they'd never played a 3D game before, like Sonic Team when they made this shit.
>>
>>387206106
>Everyone in this thread parroting YouTubers
And they say the underage thing is a meme
>>
>>387210038
i miss the days me and my bro would play versus mode.

city escape and green forest were our jam.
>>
>>387206106
I think SA2 was actually the most poorly translated Sonic game. SA1 was pretty bad too though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbhxkGJaOHU
>>387209923
>It just feels nicer to play, especially on the original Dreamcast.
Not with the new PC mods that fix nearly all major issues.
>>
>>387210120
>>387209964
>>387209765

Those positive reviews are really surreal.

>Now that this great title is available with high definition graphics, it's a great way for fans of 3D platformers to spend ten bucks.
>in 2013
>>
>>387206348
>Remember, this is sonic.
No, this is Sonic post-Genesis.
>>
When I was a kid I wanted to play this game more than anything else since I loved every Sonic thing I touched

For some reason though it just wasn't meant to be

I got 2 diffferent dreamcast copies that were fucked up and would not go past the very first boss stage

A few years later my cousin loaned me his dreamcast and his copy of the game to try it on, the dreamcast somehow died between my house and his and wouldn't turn on. I got a copy for the gamecube when it eventually came out and surprise surprise, it was fucking scuffed.

I just accepted fate and lived my life without ever playing it, until recently when I found out it was available on steam. Hype as fuck, I decided to look up some gameplay vids to see how well it held up

It doesn't look like it does at all, I missed my fucking window to play this game and not realize it was shit
>>
>>387209871
A good Sonic game tends to feature mainly levels that are surfaces with pits in them. Many of the 3D games tend to lean more towards pits with scattered surfaces in them. Heroes consists almost entirely of giant voids with tiny little platforms covered in large enemies. It was the buggiest Sonic game I ever played before 2006 came out. The Sonic stages were a pain. The Dark stages were complete trash. The Rose levels were too easy and boring. The Chaotix levels were 50% quality, and the other half were scouring the level over and over and over for the one little thing you missed somewhere. The bonus stages were obviously not playtested. The final boss was at least slightly more unique than the typical "fly into a thing in a void while you're Super Sonic" but it was still a generic monster in a void. It was the only Sonic game that I actively hated having to come back to, and I've beaten 2006.
>>
It honestly amazes me that Sonic is even still around considering every game from like 1995 to 2010 has ranged from mediocre to downright fucking awful. Even the "good" ones like Unleashed have glaring fucking flaws that basically ruin the game.
>>
>>387210021
Oh yeah, Adventure 2 is so much better
>glitchy, broken physics and camera
>better graphics, uglier aesthetics
>edgy, tryhard story with edgy, tryhard new character
>can't find enjoyment in any of the stages
>>
>>387206106
I don't get it.

Why are there anti-SA2 threads every day? What's the point?
>>
>>387210408
So you haven't actually played it yet? Yeah it's not perfect, but considering you can emulate it for free, I'd say it's worth a playthrough
>>
>>387210640
Nintendo shills trying to badmouth Sega so the Switch sells more
>>
>>387206106
I genuinely don't even remember what this game was like. Even back when that Pumpkin Hill meme was a thing I only went along with it for the sake of joining in; I didn't actually remember that level. Yet I remember plenty about SA1.
>>
>>387208095
All the treasure hunting feels like filler shit and is unsatisfying, fuck rouges levels in particular, I like the character but hate the levels
>>
The thing about SA1 and SA2 is that they're a lot like unleashed, in where they have some parts which are really great and memorable and some parts which are complete horseshit and awful. It's up to the player to decide whether it's a good game with bad parts or a bad game with good parts, but of course this is /v/, so everyone is going to cherry pick the best parts for the game they like and cherry pick the worst parts for the other games, and it's incredibly easy to do this for many sonic games.
>>
>>387210156

>youtuber points out objective flaws
>any idot playing the game could find those same flaws

FUCKING PARROTS FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS SA2 IS A MASTERPIECE
>>
File: 1499251102308.jpg (98KB, 651x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499251102308.jpg
98KB, 651x779px
>>387210682

mania is on the switch, you idiot. And SA2 Battle was probably the best selling on GC
>>
>>387210640
It apparently became cool to hate after youtubers went back to it to talk about how awful it was. I'm not saying it's a good game, but nothing warrants the daily hate threads.

Even using Mania/Forces as an excuse for its newfound relevance is dumb since none of the other absolutely awful Sonic games get talked about.
>>
Why the fuck is Tails in a mech the whole god damn game? It would've been great for him to be Sonic-lite. Isn't that what people want in a sonic game anyway? Characters with different move sets but the same gameplay styles
>>
>>387210682

How does that make any sense
>>
Sega just needs to hire more retard wranglers. There's always a nugget of a great idea that just gets bogged down by absolutely horrifying fucking awful decisions. Less """experimenting""" and more refining is what they should strive for.
>>
>>387210673
>I'd say it's worth a playthrough

It's... really not.
>>
>>387209379
>Then around 2007 everyone realize how retarded that was.
And then the majority of them continued anyway.
>>
Who else unironically enjoyed Tails/Eggman gameplay?

I loved all of SA2 and still do.
>>
>>387206106
>10 minute long stages
not even the emerald hunt stages are that long
literally just git gud
>>
I read the first part of OP's post to the tune of Escape from the City
>>
>>387211227
I wish the gameplay had more depth to it and overall better level design, they're serviceable at best to me
>>
>>387211227

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OKAY

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OKAY

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OKAY

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OKAY
>>
>>387211168
it's fucking free. What have you got to lose?
>>
>>387211262
the final emerald stages can easily take up 20-30 min.
>>
>>387211317
God fuck I can hear it raping my ears by just reading this shit. What the fuck were they thinking with that god damn noise.
>>
>tfw I realized I have the original Sonic 2006 demo still on my 360 HD

Bizarre to play it again after so long.
>>
>>387211287

Try replaying the first level without the music. It's like when you cum and realize how fucked up the stuff you were jacking it to really is.
>>
>>387209964
That is still a good review score you fucking neckbeard. The user score being even better. It is rather pathetic that metacritic considers games in the 70's as mixed. I guess that goes to show you how pathetic gaming reviews are though.
>>387210120
>reviews are bullshit unless it is a review I agree with

This is /v/ in a nutshell. Either reviews are all bullshit or none are bullshit /v/. You can't just pick and choose you autists.
>>
>>387211381
>he's serious
>>
Best part about the game was the Chao Garden. I remember even hooking it up to my gameboy and feeding my Chaos and shit in both the Chao Garden on my gameboy and on my GameCube.
>>
>>387211317
>not using the superior japanese dub
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
YOSH
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
YOSH
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
YOSH
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
YOSHI
>>
File: 1454537667508.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1454537667508.png
22KB, 300x188px
Why do so many Sonic games have far better music than they ever deserve? It's almost ridiculous.
>>
>>387206106
I liked it at the time, that's enough for me
>>
>>387211301
More depth would've been nice yes, but I enjoyed what was there.

>>387211317
Takes me back lol

>>387211531
I liked going back and forth between both.

>>387211560
No clue. At the end of the day, someone has to get SOMETHING right.

See Sonic 06
>>
ITT:
Fat middle aged old farts badmouthing a videogame that isn't for them. These complaints are incredibly weak and nonsensical. You morons build up fallacies upon fallacies. I want you all to die. I genuinely want you all to fucking die.
>>
>>387211334
Time out of my life that I will never get back. I could play any other game besides this, why would I settle for this?
>>
>>387211693
>middle aged old farts
>not underaged youtuber drones
>>
>>387211693
Are you the autist that gets legit angry over others opinions on sonic games from the 2000s?
>>
>>387211693

take your autism meds, kevin
>>
>>387211693
>IT'S A VIDEOGAME FOR KIDS!!!!
This excuse is by far the worst. I hate when people say this. Look at the classic sonic games. Fun as a kid, fun as an adult. A good game will always remain good no matter what age you are or what age it was designed for.
>>
File: 1454379403715.jpg (24KB, 542x419px) Image search: [Google]
1454379403715.jpg
24KB, 542x419px
>>387211531
>>387211317
>not NOW YOU KNOW MY REAL POWER and ALRIIIGHT
pathetic.
>>
>>387211448
You're doing the same fucking thing, you retard.

>these rose-tinted nostalgia goggle-free negative reviews don't count because they go against muh narrative
>>
>>387211693
This

It gets really obnoxious here when you have grown ass adults (which you should be if you are posting here) bad mouthing games that were essentially suppose to be for kids.

>hurr I'm replaying SMW2 and why the fuck is it so kiddy? Mario is even a baby wtf is this shit? 2/10 would not play XD

This manchild generation is full of scum that needs to neck their selves.
>>
I know how you feel.
I replayed it this year and thought it was okay but quickly devolved into dog shit.
I keep fucking playing though. That dopamine rush from autistically replaying missions for A-Ranks and Chao Parts, plus that excellent soundtrack and classic Sega aesthetic.
I hate the game but I keep on playing it. Even just replaying Metal Harbour or City Escape makes me feel a mixture of "I hate this game" and "I've got to keep playing, no matter what".
I would buy a Switch port day one so I can begin the A-Rank grind all over again but this time on a toilet.
>>
What other random words besides "yosh" did they leave untranslated. I know Eggman says something Japanese when he uses his robo-punch and Sonic says something when he jumps off of the Golem.
>>
>>387211727
Look if you don't want to, then don't. Nobody's forcing you to
>>
Best part was Chao garden, remainder of game was meh to absolute garbage.
>>
>>387211859
Only people aren't arguing that the game is too kiddy? They're arguing that cameras don't work right and physics are glitchy and emerald hunting is too confusing. You think something confusing for an adult is going to be easier for a kid, or what?
>>
>>387211693
>>387211859
i-i-i-i liked it as a kid b-but now that i'm more experienced with video games, i see the issues with it. T-t-too bad i cant express my opinion because...because the game is made for kids. I-i guess i'll just say it was good because t-that's what i thought when i was a kid...
>>
God the treasure hunting stages are so unfun
>>
>>387211986
Not him but if the emerald hunting is confusing to you as a grown adult you're just a fucking brainlet that should be fucking purged from existence.
>>
>>387211693
Where the fuck do you think you are?
This is 4chan, where people badmouth all video games for every miniscule reason in the book. They weren't making Sonic for kids anymore they were making sonic for autistic teens.
>>
>>387212291
Or the stages are poorly laid out, everything looks the same, and the game handles like a handful of cum at the best of times.
>>
File: 1502559228713m.jpg (72KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1502559228713m.jpg
72KB, 1024x624px
>>387211693
I WONDER WHO'S BEHIND THIS POST
>>
>>387212291

It is pretty confusing if you're playing for the firs time. The tips make absolutely no sense unless you're already familiar with the map, the radar only tracking one specific gem is fucking retarded beyond reasoning, even more so when SA1 DIDN'T EVEN DO THIS, and the gameplay and camera make it all worse by being floaty and glitchy as fuck. Knuckles/Rouge just run way too fucking fast for this style of gameplay.

It feels like they took the characters from a different kind of game and put them in fanmade stages.
>>
>>387211135
But that's what Forces is.

>>387211227
Me
>>
>>387212456
Forces is garbage, stop pushing this
>>
>>387211859
Those type of people can easily fuck off. Right off the bat you just "oh you just play mature games for mature players like yourself" along those lines. With adventure the controls were awful, the music was cringe worthy, the graphics were well... of their time.
>>
>>387212369
You're just a subhuman brainlet man. Accept it and we can move on
>>
>>387211913
This is true.

>>387210894
They are filler, that's why.

Honestly I kind of enjoyed the treasure hunt stages for some autistic reason, the only super dull stages were the mecha stages imo. Fucking holding down A and releasing it once in a while while moving forward, riviting gameplay.
>>
>>387212538
Have you played it?
>>
>>387212012
I have a pretty vivid memory of 8-year-old me playing Meteor Herd for half an hour at my grandma's house. She got pissed because she was fucking sick of hearing the music loop for 30 minutes and I guess she used her old lady psychic powers or something because the Dreamcast fried itself about 5 minutes later. Good times.
>>
>>387212554
Another brainlet. The music is cringeworthy? It's cringeworthy when a fat fuck nigger like you thinks he's hot shit by talking trash about a great game like SA1 and 2. Fuck off and die nigger. I bet you get bullied every single day
>>
>>387212625
I've seen what I needed to see. More 2D garbage with shovelware Colors tier level design
>>
>>387212534
>But that's what Forces is.
The more they "refine" boost gameplay the worse it gets. Unleashed had the best version of boost to win.
>>
>>387212538
I dislike forces as well anon, but adventure purists are the worsts.
>>
>>387212596
>>387212682

You really need to stop browsing 4chan. It's not doing your autism any good.
>>
File: sonic_thumbs_up.png (116KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
sonic_thumbs_up.png
116KB, 300x464px
>sonic mania is out right fucking now
>people wasting time arguing with adventurefags
come on people go have some actual fun please
>>
>>387212732
You really need to stop living. It's not doing your autism any good.
>>
>>387212717
>>387212686

Honestly it looks like Generations 2, which I'm fine with. We could do a lot worse than Generations. I wish they'd give Lost Worlds another chance though, the game did a lot of things right, but they crapped it up somehow.
>>
>>387212802
tfw PC.
>>
>>387212827
NO IT FUCKING DOESNT

Holy shit youre blind
>>
File: Pissed off puchi.gif (189KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
Pissed off puchi.gif
189KB, 300x296px
>We will never ever get another chao garden
>Sega doesn't release a chao garden mobile
>Sega doesn't like swimming in YOSH
>>
>>387212802

I wan to.
>>
>>387212905

What is it with Sonic and autists?
>>
>>387212802
I want to but I'm out and about today.
>>
>>387212682
>uses autistic memes
This is why no one respects your opinion, you have to over 18 to post here kiddo. Listen to the lyrics of the music there is no room for interpretation it's just "never give up cuz muh friends" "muh friends lalalala" "I like having friends lalalala"
You really got it backwards if you think I get bullied at work for not listening to Sonic autistic adventure sound track.
>>
>>387212802
At work and don't own a switch
Making fun of autistic adventure fags is all there is left.
>>
File: Images-3.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Images-3.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
Sonic and Shadow levels now feature parts where you have to slow down to do a somersault, taking speed away. Also spin dash isn't can't be used mid run to gain speed like you could in Adventure, you need to hold the button for a second because otherwise you'll just somersault and stop completely. There's also no way to lock on when jumping onto rails, even though you can use your homing attack on enemies.

Knuckles and Rouge stages can be way too large (the space levels late in the game comes to mind) which is really annoying when the radar only looks for one emerald at the time, even though in Adventure 1, Kunckles radar could look for all three emeralds at once. Levels can also be very cramped and maze-like (Aquatic mine, Death chamber), which is really annoying when you move really fast and the camera tends to get stuck in tight corridoors.

Tails and Eggman stages require you to constantly aim to hit enemies which means having to listen to a high pitched beep through out the levels. The levels also inexplicably feature platforming which is really annoying having to jump around in a clunky mech that can't really jump high and where one mistake means death. There's really no defense mechanism in place besides stepping out of the way so most of your offensive tactics boil down to "stand in place and fire until you win except for like one boss fight".

Adventure 1 is better.
>>
>>387206106
Only the Sonic/Shadow stages are alright, the rest is fuck awful.
>>
File: 1496516603164.png (393KB, 325x499px) Image search: [Google]
1496516603164.png
393KB, 325x499px
>chao garden was the only good thing to come out of 3d sonic
>never utilized again after adventure 2
Why is Sega so god damned retarded?
>>
>>387213049
>calling someone out for using "autistic memes"
>makes a post with them along with drastic over exaggeration and misinterpretation
You have to admire how little self awareness people have here
>>
>>387212802
Pc fag here
>>
>>387213116
How do you innovate on the classic formula?
>>
>>387213205
>Also spin dash isn't can't be used mid run to gain speed like you could in Adventure
Uh, yes it can dude.
>>
>>387213116
it's also on ps4 and xbox This is why the idort life style will always be the best.
>>
>>387208668
>and it takes itself so seriously too.
Honestly, I prefer retarded plots played completely straight than the LOL I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT SATIRE IS faggotry that's so rampant nowadays since idiots thinks it makes them clever. I agree with you on everything else in your post, but the plot would've been twice as insufferable if Sonic was constantly winking at the screen and addressing the fourth wall.
>>
>>387213325
In this day and age being an idort is a waste of money seeing as most systems have extremely similar libraries. Also his point was that the Switch is the only console with the game that could be taken with him and that he doesn't have one.
>>
>>387213049
Shut up nigger. Those songs are fucking kino, it's no wonder it flies right over your plebian mind. You literal pea sized shit-for-brains worthless retard. The hot steamy dumps I take everyday in the afternoon are worth more than your miserable life. And when I said that you get bullied, it's probably because you're a miserable ugly fat piece of shit that has no friends and shitposts on fucking 4chan to fill that black void in his heart. Lmao fucking kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>387213363

You don't have to break the fourth wall and go full LOL SO RANDUM to be self aware. Think something like MGS: the plot is completely bonkes, things are way over the top and the game is filled with really non-nonsensical moments, but the game knows this, and it allows you to both laugh at how ridiculous it all is and engage yourself in the plot anyways.

The problem with the Adventure games is that you know the developers had no idea how ridiculous it all sounded, they just genuinely believed they were making a COOL GAME for COOL TEENS, and it's all pretty cringy.
>>
File: 1382952410524.png (421KB, 820x616px) Image search: [Google]
1382952410524.png
421KB, 820x616px
>>387210894
>I like the character
>>
>>387213469

This is why you don't let kids eat sugar past 9
>>
>>387213808
Fuck off gramps, stop trying to ruin the fun for others just because you're a irrelevant piece of shit that no one cares about.
>>
>>387214087

Are you crying, anon?
>>
File: 1502332187225.jpg (150KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502332187225.jpg
150KB, 1080x1080px
I'm not going to pretend SA1 or 2 are good because they aren't.

I still love them though.
>>
File: 1502326078595.png (391KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1502326078595.png
391KB, 800x733px
>>387213818

>that outfit

THEY KNEW

THEY FUCKING KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING THE MADMEN
>>
>>387214394

The hubris of a single dev team was the downfall of a generation
>>
The Adventure games are fun and fine.
>>
>>387214312
same here.
Although I will defend the Chao Garden to my fucking grave
>>
>>387214571
I agree with this.
>>
>>387214571
I disagree with this.
>>
>>387214571

theyre awful and they aged like already molding cheese
>>
>>387206106
The only fun stages were the sanic stages.
>>
>>387213469
>this mad
You really are under 18 aren't you?
>>
>>387213280
It's over simplification sure but it's not incorrect either. Even if you like the game you gave to admit the songs were made for the autistic Yugioh crowd.
>>
>>387213325
Can't take it to work with me dude.
>>
>>387214673
Oi nigger, is it because I've put you in your place and made you look like a fucking idiot that all you can do is doubt my age?
>>
>>387215036
>spouting out Nigger
What place, being higher than you? Then yes, you made it clear you are being an autistic rage faggot.
>>
>>387215036
I also doubt your mental capacity and your ability to handle any form of critism with out sperging out.
>>
>>387215128
>>387215183
You're the one that's sperging out over a fucking 16 year old game. You're not saying anything legitimate either, just spouting the same memes everyone else says in this shitty fucking fanbase. You're so fucking stupid it isn't even funny. Fucking kill yourself you idiot.
>>
>>387215472
How am I sperging?
I'm pointing out the real flaws to the game, you are the one who ends each post with kill yourself. >>387213469
Here you went full sperging retard. All you've done was not make any counter point but in fact just vomit out insults like a screaming child.
>>
>>387209587
>It's really amazing that people like this one more than Adventure 1

Muh Shadow.
>>
>>387206106
adventure 2 is where it all went wrong. even sa1 was sort of fun. but it set them on the wrong path.
>>
Nice falsefalgging

I got all the emblems again 2 years ago. Still a classic game
>>
>>387210021
>Glitchy, broken physics
SA controls a lot smoother than SA2 though.
>horrible graphics and voice acting
SA has a much stronger artistic direction though, voice acting is the same.
>only the sonic stages can you find any sort of enjoyment
SA2 is much more guilty of that.

>SA2 was much more polished and focused
On surface level at best.
>>
Yeah but the Chao Garden.
>>
These stories take place in the Sonic Adventure universe

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11798901

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11778270
>>
>>387213808
>Think something like MGS:
MGS is great specifically because it takes itself so earnestly. The difference is that Sonic is trying too hard while MGS knows exactly what it's doing. Though it's not without it's 4th Wall breaks, but those hardly define the series. And yeah, ultimately I agree with your stance that a plot can be earnest without being tryhard and that SA2 was trying way too hard, but that said it'd be even less memorable with all sorts of nudges and winks. The overly serious nature of everything made it quotable for it's absurdity at least, much like The Room.
>>
>>387209905
Sa2 isnt about speedrunning. Its about getting a high score
>>
>>387206106
Hey guys, is it nostalgia or is Sonic Adventure 1 legitimately an amazing game? Haven't played it since dreamcast.
>>
>>387215980
Naw, hunting and shooting is fun in sa2
>>
>>387216243
Its a prototype for 2

Just plat 2
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>387216247
>hunting and shooting is fun in sa2
>>
>>387206106
adulhood is realizing that the only part of SA2 worth saving is chao garden but also realizing that the game is still fun if taken lightly
>>
>>387209462
I remember having tons of fun with SA and being hyped as fuck for SA2. Thing came out and City Escape was great, then the Tails/Knuckles stages happened and fun simply vanished. By the time I got to Aquatic Mine I wanted to throw the game into the trashbin, once I finally completed it I wanted to throw it into a grinder. How they managed to make a game void of any trace of fun bare a few stages is beyond me.
>>
>>387213304
Well from what I've seen mania do was on the right track, allow the player run fast for some distance, stop placing enemies where they can't be dodge. Allow knuckles to go super and tails. Utopia gives you a lot of that freedom people crave but it's not finished. Allow room for error on the players part but still make areas for the hardcore fans that want a challenge. Focus on the game play than just focusing on a story that only hardcore sonic fans can only enjoy.
>>
>>387216243
It's already it does have its faults, like graphics and some glichy game play. Music was corny as fuck though.
>>
>>387216243
Nostalgia, it has its fair share of problems.

>>387216295
SA is a Tallgeese, SA2 is a Leo.
>>
>>387216716
I vehemently disagree.

2 is nowhere near 'Flying Coffin' tier.
>>
>>387208668
Say what you want about the plot but SA2 retarded fanfic tier story is probably why it managed to build a new (retarded) Sonic audience back then.
>>
>>387216805
It's more of a regular coffin. A coffin for fun.
>>
>>387216858
Nah son. 2 is in no way a gimped SA1.
>>
>>387211262
>not even the emerald hunt stages are that long
>radar is red
>dig
>nothing
>keep digging
>still nothing

This nonsense wasn't happening in SA.
>>
>>387211063
The original plans were for only Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman to be playable I think. Then they pull the hero/dark side and Tails became a Eggman reskin I think.
>>
>>387210550
This.
>>
File: IMG_4017.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4017.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
who /180emblems/ here?
>>
File: red exclaimation point.png (480KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
red exclaimation point.png
480KB, 640x480px
>>387217012
>>
>>387211227
It's shit like any other game trying to pull platforming sequences in a mech.
>>
File: 1467650852644.gif (2MB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1467650852644.gif
2MB, 500x372px
>>387207630
Rougeposting?
>>
>>387206348
>it's x so it's okay that it's bad
uh, no.
>>
>>387217192
Which version is it? Certainly not DC.

They realized they fucked up.
>>
>>387217407
Gamecube
>>
They were fine, I liked the fact the stages were long and it took longer than four hours to best the whole thing, it was an actual video game
>>
>>387216980
>no hub world
>3 play styles
>linear level selection
>linear radar
>camera is nearly impossible to fix

No matter how you look at it, SA2 is massively gimped next to SA.
>>
>Amy & Big
>remotely entertaining
>implying the hub world added anything of value
>>
I liked the chao garden in GC
To think it was my first Sonic game to play, well that happens when you are a nintendofag only
>>
>>387208668
>>387206106
t. walking sim storyfags
>>
>>387206106
It's bad enough that the Sonic and Shadow stages only take up a third of the game, but the fact that they're not great either makes the game pointless to play.
>>
>>387209462
They're both garbage. Remember running around open spaces as Sonic? Or how about the other five shit campaigns?
>>
File: 1501162607769.png (519KB, 605x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1501162607769.png
519KB, 605x1003px
Am i crazy for liking Heroes? I know it's not a perfect game and replaying it 3 times just to get the ending may be annoying, but i really do not understand how that one is universally cried as a bad game while the broken messes that are the Adventure games still have fans
>>
>>387221046
Heroes is shit as well. Generations was the first and only good 3D Sonic.
>>
I want to get into the classic 2D Sonics, what's the best way to go, emulation?
>>
>>387221394
Eh, probably. I mean Mania wouldn't be a bad starting point either.
>>
>>387221046
Heroes is a game that only becomes enjoyable when you learn the things to do or not to do to keep the game as functional as possible.

First level blows SA2 far away.
>>
>>387221046
Heroes is one of my favorites, youre not crazy
>>
>>387213123
WHAT'S IN THE JARS?
>>
The plot is retarded no question, but there are some 'epic' moments. The plot itself is rather grand in scale, and if you look at how successful DBZ is then that's pretty much it.

Plot doesn't matter so much in a game anyway as long as the gameplay as decent. As people have said, the robot levels are mindless, so, they're pretty dull. Searching around for shit is better, but unfortunately it's luck-based so sometimes it can take way too long. That just leaves Sonic/Shadow levels, and honestly, I think these are really fun. That and the Last Mode are great fun to play imo, I still think SA2 is a good game, it's just not amazing and nowhere near on the same level of rivalling Mario as the classic Sonics were.

Then of course, there's Chao Garden, and that's pretty solid and fun to visit between main game shit. As an experience I think it's decent. A solid 7/10 at least. Then there's shit like 5 missions per level, getting A-rank, upgrades, etc., there's a fair amount of content in the game itself, and I wouldn't go so far as to say it's awful.
>>
>>387222073
>Third of the game is good
>7/10
Quality over quantity. I don't give a shit about getting good ranks when the levels aren't fun.
>>
>>387222347
This.
>>
>>387221775
Shit bosses though.
>>
>>387221507
Yeah, but i could only get it on PC where it was delayed

Are the 3DS ports good?
>>
>>387222621
Not a clue.
>>
>>387222596
Yeah but I mean, Sonic has never really had good bosses. Unleashed has my favorite bosses because they are ridiculously fun to slap around. And the 3D games have fun Super Sonic bosses.
>>
>>387222684
Heroes has really shitty bosses.
>>
>>387222772
I know. I agreed...
>>
>>387222347
>>387222073
>Only robot levels are mentioned as dull
>Robot levels, searching levels, running levels, chao garden, multiple missions, A-ranking, multiplayer
>"Third of the game"
Looks like 7/10 is a reasonable score.
>>
>>387222838
Robot levels and searching levels were mentioned as not being good. Again, why would I go for high rankings on levels that aren't good? Also, the multiplayer is awful.
>>
>>387210640
DSP played it recently
>>
>>387208668
>i never finished it

Opinion discarded. I like SA2. Once youre skilled at the game its a blast. Dont know what else to say anon, but all of you hating on the game must seriously suck.

Is it the best game ever? Not at all, but its fine. 6/10.
>>
>>387211531
The japanese voices for the cast are so good, I've always used them in Sonic games.
>>
>>387222925
>Searching around for shit is better
>mentioned as not being good
This nigga can't read
>>
File: MegaWestgarth SA2 a rank guide.jpg (36KB, 510x314px) Image search: [Google]
MegaWestgarth SA2 a rank guide.jpg
36KB, 510x314px
YEAH THAT WAS COOL
>>
>>387223521
>not ULTIMATE VICTORY
>>
>>387223136
>"but it's luck based"
I can read just fine.
>>
>>387224849
Which means it CAN take a while. That's bad, but the gameplay itself isn't awful. Feels nice to just explore around areas.
>>
>>387206106
>10 minute stages

Unless you are talking about the Last Story gauntlet mission, I gotta say, you must be terrible at the game. No mission should take you over five minutes each. I suck at Sonic games, and even I find you to be bull shitting.

The story is a cheesy ass action plot from the 90s, take it or leave it, nothing special, but nothing I would say "awful". Hell, you want a Sonic game with an actually awful storytelling, go out and play Sonic 2006, or Sonic Lost World.
>>
What is /v/'s general opinion on Shadow anyway?
>>
>>387225174
It's fundamentally flawed and those areas aren't interesting to explore.
>>
>le SA2 is awful maymay

I fucking hate ProJared.
>>
>>387226634
I've not seen this video you're referring to, but he's not wrong!
>>
>>387226634
>Nobody hated SA2 before this eceleb said he hated it
>>
>>387226741
>>387226812
You guys either haven't played many bad games, or are just trying the hardest to make SA2 look like this unsalvageable abomination. Even if you don't like SA2, it's a perfectly functional game for what it's worth.
>>
>>387227125
It's functionable but that's kind of the least I expect from a game.
>>
>>387227125
>The game functions
Man you must have some low standards
>>
>>387227125
Not really.

Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty much City Escape, Metal Harbour, Green Forest and the Chao garden.

The rest of the game is awful. maybe someone here or there will give a few more pases to Radical highway or the last level.
>>
>>387226035
Coldsteel's father.
>>
>>387226634
>needing ProJared to grow a brain
>>
File: 65564566.jpg (16KB, 402x410px) Image search: [Google]
65564566.jpg
16KB, 402x410px
>>387206106

It aged like a bottle of wine. A bottle filled with milk instead of wine.

I still love the shit out of the Adventure series, mostly due to nostalgia but also, I see potential in there. The issue is lack of polish and lack of focus.

They are very buggy and the extra characters ruin the game. It wouldn't be a problem if the extra characters actually added good qualities or complemented the core of the game: Sonic levels.

Problem is, the treasure hunting, fishing, shooting. Gimmicks that don't complement the game and are also incredibly boring and poorly executed.

Sonic Adventure 3 need to exist. Maintain the same style of gameplay (no 2d segments or boost mechanics) but it needs to be focused on sonic playstyle (if you have to add new character, do the thing SA1 did for tails, same playstyle, same emphasis on speed and platforming) and it also needs to be more polished, make camera controls better, make it less glitchy and enjoyable levels.
>>
>>387227839
Literally this. I've brought this up on Sonic Adventure threads before and I've been shit on for it. I'd love an Adventure 3 if it was actually good, I think 3D Sonic can be fun.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.