[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of hitman 2016? Played through the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1183.jpg (25KB, 375x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.jpg
25KB, 375x480px
What does /v/ think of hitman 2016? Played through the first two training missions and it seemed pretty fun, does the rest of the game hold up? It's on sale in Xbox marketplace for 24 bucks.
>>
>>387189886
It's fucking great, buy it. It's the only game I've ever liked enough to get all the achievements.
>>
>>387189886
you can just buy one and try it out

Paris, Sapienza and Hokkaido are really good
>>
goty 2016
>>
>>387190217
They stopped doing that, I'm pretty sure. Training + Paris is now free, and then the only purchase option is the full game.
Paris is great. If you like that, you'll like the rest, some probably even more than Paris.
>>
I didn't have fun. I started to get fatigued pretty quick. Played every Hitman game too.
>>
>>387189886
I never played a single hitman game and got every achievement and all the levels for every mission. If you want a game that has lots of replayability this is the game for you
>>
Easily the best game of 2016
Season 2 seems promising, especially now they've got their footing and got the balance right

Hokkaido best map
>>
>>387191839
This unironically. 525 hours and counting.
>>
>>387193259
>Season 2 seems promising
Except they've moved locations and this will be the first without square, and we know basically nothing about it.
Could go either way evenly.
>>
I bought it on sale
Pros:
>decent game play
>story seems a bit intriguing since it's more cinematic
>good replayability
>good variety of tools and mechanics

cons:
>only 6 stages some have day and night
>default settings make it casually easy, remove some of the hints and don't press R1 and it's challenging enough to be fun
>main story is too short
>too many bonus missions
>>
>>387189886
Yes if you like hitman I just wish blood money would hit bc.
>>
It's worth it. The amount of time I spent in Sapienza alone is ridiculous. I bought it last December and I'm only just now messing around in Bangkok.
>>
Best Hitman to date, only thing missing is a great original score. Can't wait for season 2, really bummed no more elusive targets until then.
>>
>>387193575
>this will be the first without square
Expect a jump in quality. Absolution was the first Square published Hitman game and coincidentally it took a nosedive in quality.
>>
I really like it. I'm casual as fuck, haven't gotten gud at professional mode, and have kinda gotten burnt out after reaching Colorado, but I had a great time on paris+sapienza
>>
>>387193997
Except that wasn't the case.
Smooth like butter and was a major seller.
However, it's the devil himself to BM fans, which I understand.
>>
>>387194021
Bruh, Pro mode is for when you're acing normal mode on max difficulty every time. It's an optional challenge, not something you should be aiming for when you start playing.
>>
>>387194131
You can't even play a level in Pro mode until you beat it a few times, so I don't think that's what he means.
>>
>>387194117
Looking good and selling well doesn't make it a good game man. And it's not just Blood Money fans who didn't like it, anyone who was a fan didn't like the change to linear story levels. It was a decent game but a shitty Hitman.

>>387193650
>main story is too short
Absolutionbabby get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387194252
I worded that poorly, what I meant is that you shouldn't be jumping into pro mode as soon as you unlock it for a mission. It's there as an extra level of difficulty when you know a map so well that it becomes trivial even on high difficulties.
>>
>>387194297
>Looking good and selling well doesn't make it a good game man.
Except, you stated "quality", and that Square coming on board equated to a drop in quality. Great performance is, undoubtedly, a part of quality. No hitman game has performed as well as Abso does.
It was just BM fans.
>>
>>387194528
>It was just BM fans.
This is a lie. People always cite Blood Money as better than Absolution because it's the best of the series, not because they are "only" Blood Money fans.
>>
>prologue boat and russian air base were boring as fuck 5 minutes each
>show stopper or whatever the paris mission was called was uninspired and dull
>sapienza was probably the most beautifully designed and fun sandbox missions in the franchise
>everything else went down hill
>the whole thing was grindy as fuck with all the gay challenges
>illusive targets were easy
Pretty meh/10 for me. It's like they blew their entire creative load on Sapienza.
>>
i just want another full traditional hitman game. This shit felt more like 007 than 47
>>
Was there a way to force more than 60fps? I use a 144hz monitor and this still looks jarring at 60fps.
>>
>>387195959
>he fell for the 144hz meme
Sad!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.