[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw zero enjoyment from playing video games I am going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: pepe_rope.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_rope.png
42KB, 655x509px
>tfw zero enjoyment from playing video games
I am going through backlog feeling like I am doing the hard work that no one is paying me for.
2 hours in the game and i am lurking around the net how long is left because I am so bored by this shit.

>inb4 stop being neet
I have a work, I have a gf now I have week off in my hometown, wanted to play video games like there is no end, week off is soon ending and I played maybe 2 hours of video games max
>>
>>387178613
post screenshot of site. pls
>>
So? I grew out of Metal music when I was 17 and I didn't go to my music forum to cry about how I wasn't enjoying it anymore.

I moved on. Videogames aren't a lifestyle, they're a hobby. I find that nowadays I enjoy drawing a lot more than videogames, and I barely play 1-2h every other day.

Maybe it's time to move on.
>>
File: 1502590112053.gif (762KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502590112053.gif
762KB, 400x400px
>>387178964
>Time to move on...
Breaking up with vidya...
>>
>>387178485
It's natural to grow out of video games. I keep up with video game news and new releases but I only play like 2 games a year. Mostly casual games too because I can't be bothered to learn the meta for some dumb game.

Plus video games are shit. Get a new hobby.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 269x187px
>>387178485
take a tolerance break you twat
>>
>>387179136
You broke up with your toys a long time ago. Did you forget? You'll find something new to enjoy. Stop being a bitch.

...you did break up with your toys a long time ago, right?
>>
File: 1500740257551.jpg (50KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1500740257551.jpg
50KB, 526x701px
>tfw there are still video games and TV shows I want to beat and watch but I don't enjoy any of it anymore
I don't enjoy anything anymore.
>>
>>387180675
I'd enjoy having a samoyede
>>
>>387178485
Get other hobbies. Video games are better after a good work out for example.
>>
>Having only one hobby
Tv, movies, vidya, gym. Master race: 3
>>
File: XYVvttV.jpg (225KB, 1530x810px) Image search: [Google]
XYVvttV.jpg
225KB, 1530x810px
>>387178485
It's time bro, to break things up.
Vydia made your childhood and teen years very good.

But it's to move on now.

Just don't try to rebound back to this.
>>
>>387179278
Seriously this

OP go camping with your gf one weekend and you'll get the game cravings right back
>>
>>387181009
Oh shit I forgot books
I read American gods last month :3
>>
>>387181009
Watching TV is not a hobby. It is literally the bare minimum a person can do and still be considered a living organism, you just fucking sit there and stare straight ahead. No skill, problem solving or thought required.
>>
>>387181293
book r gay
>>
>>387181357
Dude, fuck off
>>
>>387178964
> Grew out of Metal music

Nah, you just became a faggot, is all.
>>
Don't work through your backlog if you have to force yourself anon. Take a break from gaming for a while, come back and play what you feel like playing instead of making it seem like work.
>>
>>387181357
I don't watch tv personally but:

an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
"her hobbies are reading and gardening"
synonyms: pastime, leisure activity, leisure pursuit; More

It fits the bill for a hobby.
>>
>>387181410
Don't get me wrong, man, TV is great. I'm in the middle of several shows myself, but in no way would I classify it as a hobby.
>>
>>387181547
You would be wrong.
>>
File: 1502667455004.jpg (40KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
1502667455004.jpg
40KB, 711x633px
>tfw enjoying videogames again
>>
>>387181547
How do you classify spending your time being enganged on the story a tv series has brought you
>>
>>387178964
>Grew out of Metal
>moved on
>no games
>drawing
So you think you are too sophisticated to like things all dudes like?
>>
>>387181547
I'd say having your tv on a single channel and just watching it isn't a hobby, but making sure you catch the latest episode of your favorite show should count as a hobby.
>>
>>387181452
Check out the manchild! Hahaha
>>
>>387181519
>an activity

But that's the thing, by definition it's not an activity because you aren't an active participant in anything. Sensory information goes in, and you don't do anything with it - you could replace the TV with 3 flashing LED lights and get the same result physiologically.

At least reading forces you to think and play an active role in the consumption of information.
>>
>>387178485
dopamine receptor burnout is a hell of a thing

try no vidya, no fap, no sugar for a few weeks
>>
>>387178485
Get a new hobby or do shit to fill up the time. Make new friends, go see a movie, garden, take up a sport, do volunteer work, go to church, go hiking, shoot some guns, read a novel or study some niche shit like programming or learn a new language. There are tons of things to do
>>
>>387178485
you just have shit taste in vidya pham
>>
>>387181875
Ok:

the condition in which things are happening or being done.
"there has been a sustained level of activity in the economy"

busy or vigorous action or movement.
"the room was a hive of activity"
synonyms: bustle, hustle and bustle, busyness, action, liveliness, movement, life, stir, flurry; More
happenings, occurrences, proceedings, events, incidents;
informaltoing and froing, comings and goings
"there was a lot of activity in the area"

a thing that a person or group does or has done.
"the firm's marketing activities"

Watching tv is a thing you have done. It's an activity. Can you just admit your definition was wrong, or will we keep playing the semantics game until you find some loophole you can feel satisfied with.
>>
>>387181692
Talk about being defensive.
I just don't like Metal anymore, I still listen to rock but my favorite music is just pop and hip hop, I don't claim to have sophisticated or refined tastes.

What's so bad about not wanting to play as many videogames as I once did?

I draw because it's fun, not because I'm trying to be a wine sipping internet intellectual.

Fuck off.
>>
>>387182178
lmao not even the same guy but you're a fucking faggot dude
>>
>>387182264
not even that guy but you sound mad that he called out your shit taste in music hahaha
>>
>>387181753
>growing out of metal
>what he actually meant was "conforming myself to fit in with the normies"
>>
File: 1486508942762.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486508942762.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
>>387182398
>listens to pop
>thinks he can berate anyone when it comes to music
lmao, can't make this shit up
>>
File: imbecileanon.png (10KB, 205x318px) Image search: [Google]
imbecileanon.png
10KB, 205x318px
>>387182398
why are you getting assblasted over some shit bait
>>
>>387182592
Never reply to me again
>>
>>387181692
>So you think you are too sophisticated to like things all dudes like?
>>387182264

If you're not the same guy what are you even trying to say here? He got defensive because I said I didn't like metal anymore. Nowhere did I say it's shit music, I just don't like it.

>>387182592
When did I berate anyone about music taste? I literally stated I don't think my taste in music is superior or anything. I just grew out of it.

You took the time to go out of your way to but into a conversation you weren't part of, search your meme folder for a smug dog picture and "bait" me when I wasn't even talking about you.

You sound like a retard.
>>
I had it too for a looooong while but it ended just a couple of months ago
You just have to find more hobbies to create something like a loop. When you get bored of one hobby, you get back to or start another one if they still bore you
For me it was watching movies, 3d modeling, graphic design, listening to a lot of different music and then lastly producing music.
I have now found joy in gaming again and also found a new passion, which is music production
>>
>>387182856
holy shit you goddamn imbecile its JUST fucking bait why are you taking 5 minutes to write up some useless shit
>>
>>387182856
>>387182178
I clearly struck a nerve there. My bad man didn't want you to go reeeeing everywhere, just wanted to tell you not to stereotype things.
>>
>>387178485
if you dont enjoy them, take up a new hobby.
videogames will be there when you actually want to play again
>>
>game in backlog gets a remaster
>>
>got fired a couple weeks ago
>stressed about not having a job
>easily tilted in everything I try and make dumb mistakes all the time in multiplayer games
>friends dicking me over in pubg so I friendly fired them and they all freaked out
>>
I get kind of sad when I see threads like these. I've been having a similar issue as of late but this isn't the first time in my life that it's happened. In my case though, I have depression. Sometimes I just grow apathetic towards the things I once enjoyed. Then after a while it subsides.

I love video games. It puts a tear to my eye when someone says they "grew out of them" (on this board at least).
>>
>>387182503
>I'm such a special snowflake, I'm not like the others!

You're the neckbeard equivalent of the girls who go around saying how they're not like the other girls, aka and angsty failure of a person who tries to make his shortcomings (your social incompetence) sound like a "feature" and wear it like a badge.
>>
>>387184003
I think people just get offended by the term "growing out". It can have some negative implications.
>>
>>387178485
I only enjoy video games after I come back from a run.

Even then, most times I prefer just watching TV.
>>
>>387184178
>implying you don't actually grow out of metal, they most tryhard fedora tier music genre there is
>>
>>387178485
When a child becomes a man, he puts away childish things

You should fuck your gf and cook a steak.
>>
>>387185269
the*
>>
>>387178485
Fuck no, i can't let them go.
I'm 29 with a full time job, if i don't have my sacred friday night and saturday for vidya and weeb shit i'll go insane.
>>
>play games
>feel like I should be improving myself as a person
>work
>want to play video games because work is hard

Why am I such a piece of shit? How can I be this old and not like anything in life?
>>
>>387185651
Nothing wrong with working to live. People who live to work are usually boring as fuck. People with only one hobby are usually boring as shit too though.
>>
>>387178485
Time to start creating your own video games anon.
>>
>thought I wasn't enjoying vidya
>buy and play nier
>love it and play more vidya for a few months
>stop liking vidya again recently
>play night in the woods
>best thing I've played in the past few years
>enjoy vidya again
Huh
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.