[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for you /v/. Please answer honestly. 1. Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

I have a question for you /v/. Please answer honestly.

1. Would you RENT a VR headset?

2. How much would you be willing to pay for it for a month?
>>
>>387174473
only cucks rent things
>>
>>387174543
cucks spend 800 dollars on a headset to play a few minigames on
>>
>>387174473

>1. Would you RENT a VR headset?

Why not put them in an arcade?

>2. How much would you be willing to pay for it for a month?

Probably a few dollars for like an hour session
>>
>>387174706
An arcade is a good idea, but renting a space would cost substantially more than just shipping them around. Shipping is practically free these days.

Think $100/month is too much? Figure you can play all the good stuff and geg bored of it in a month.
>>
>getting all sorts of shit from dirty disgusting sweaty neckbeards who only shower weekly
sharing a headset in any way is retarded, enjoy your infections
>>
>>387175348
Maybe if you have the immune system of an aids baby
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am2cTUNW-hE
>>
File: 1325410449369.jpg (291KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1325410449369.jpg
291KB, 800x500px
There is no point to buying or renting VR shit at this time as there is barely anything to worth playing on VR.
>>
>>387176619

God I hate that setup, it always reminds me of that toy babies walk around on.
>>
>>387174473
I think VR headsets are too fragile and easily dirtied to be something easily rentable. a lease-to-own payment plan type thing might work better though
>>
>>387177095
Onward, Gorn, Lone Echo, Robo Recall, Wilson's Heart and more.
Various creative apps that allow you to paint and model in 3D space.
Various social apps like RecRoom that has you playing with others in games and VR Chat and Sansar, which allow for player made content.
On top of that, 360 degree and stereoscopic movies are becoming more commonplace and best viewed with a headset.

The "there's nothing to play" meme is dead. I've been playing Alien Isolation after somebody modded it to work on CV1 and Vive. It kicks the absolute shit out of monitors.
>>
>>387177761
RecRoom alone makes VR worth it. The way that game nails social interaction is something that you just can't get in 2D.
>>
Only reason to buy a current-gen headset is if you're gonna use it for development.
>>
>>387178207
It's really not as bad as you think it is.
>>
>>387175090
I would legit pay no more than 19.99 a month

$100 is a terrible starting price point for your business idea anon
>>
>>387178401
The hardware is shit, the games are phone-tier. The only attempt I've seen at an MMO is one project that looks like baby's first Unity project.

VR headsets just have no purpose unless you're a developer.
>>
>>387179031
Nice memes. As somebody who actually plays the games, they're worth the money if they're creative with ideas and the controllers.

If you want eye candy, the Oculus games are more polished.
>>
>>387179525
>they're worth the money if they're creative with ideas and the controllers.

This is the Wii argument. Tons of arcade-tier shovelware that relies on a gimmick, growing stale almost immediately. Where are the high profile RPGs? Story-driven games? Where's the RTSes?
>>
>>387174543
This man speaks the truth. If you rent or buy used things, you are undoubtedly a cuck.
>>
>>387180049
Again proving that you don't actually have experience on the topic. The level of experimentation going on in these games only increases, because unlike on console devs can do things how they want.

I say this after playing these games. I don't understand how you expect to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>387174678
Got mine for $300 and I have dozens of games :^)
>>
>>387177761
Can you recommend some good multiplayer games that have replay value? I've heard Raw Data is good.
>>
>>387174473
Would never rent a VR headset because other peoples sweat and germs will be on it.

Would be cool if the VR headset was in a arcade and it was actually cleaned and taken care of by staff.
>>
>>387181257
cleansing wipes.

>>387181179
Onward, Echo Arena and RecRoom seem the most popular. I heard a lot about Raw Data being good too. That Star Trek one is meant to be really good if the idea of working consoles and co-op appeals to you.
>>
>>387180992
I own a Vive that I use for development myself, but thanks for your opinion. These are the games I've tried:

Rick and Morty.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
Gorn.
Job Simulator.
A Chair in a Room.
Various shitty horror games.

Gimmick trash, all of it. No interest in shooters. No interest in wacky music games. Now tell me all about these amazing "experiences" that prompted you to buy $800 peripherals, and how you can recommend it to anyone.

>The level of experimentation going on in these games only increases
Yes, so don't buy a headset yet.
>>
>>387181553
Oh, so you downloaded a bunch of meme games and are surprised that they're shit?
>>
>>387181553
You should try Revive and get Echo Arena. The zero-g locomotion is pretty good.
>>
>>387181905
Echo Arena is the first VR game I played that truly blew me away.
>>
>>387174473
No. VR has no appeal to me. It would never work with the types of games I enjoy and I'm not an immersion gamer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.