[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit this game is crazy So does the Pardner you pick affect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: Icon.png (85KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Icon.png
85KB, 512x512px
Holy shit this game is crazy
So does the Pardner you pick affect the games main storyline? I took Alice, and she is focused on pursuing and killing a crazy-ass Necromancer. Does this mean i'll have a predisposition to killing skeletons or something?
Also the goblins the guard the treasure cave are kicking my ass. Is there anywhere that's good to grind? Also that fucking Carnival, what the fuck, that was super unsettling.
>>
Doc Alice will not allow you to go beyond 1 nex-mex book.
Gary so far let me skip retrieving the dynamite since he just used his gobbo charm and asked for it.
>>
>>387173921
I'd go around and do the other locations in the first region, it should make the goblin stronghold way easier (though you can talk your way out of most of it if you can speak to them). There are a few areas that you can infinitely grind xp at but I can't remember the names off-hand.
>>
>>387173921
>>387174592
>>387174946

nice (YOU)'s you subhuman dev trash, kys
>>
>>387175173
>4 posts
>4 posters in the thread
Kill yourself. Thanks for bumping the thread though
>>387174946
I've been grinding some. I also noticed that Alice levels up by killing skelingtons. What do the other two level up by? Killing Cows and Goblins?
>>
>>387175173
literally this
>>
File: penguin.png (162KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
penguin.png
162KB, 400x300px
>>387173921
>eyeball guy in the freakshow
haha, i guess that's kind of funny. he can't talk because he's an eyeball. the brain bit was weird, though
>backwards guy in the freakshow
well that's rather disturbing
>box lady in the freakshow
>>
>>387175757
Prospector levels from random encounters
Cowgirl levels from cow slaughter
Gary levels from an item added to stores, not sure yet if the item can be found elsewhere.
>>
Has shilling gotten this obvious?
>>
>>387176140
>shelf full of clown-face-paint eggs
>flavour text mentions that each one is unique so the clowns don't "wear each others face"
>Flavour text also mentions that the clown selling balloons face paint is one here, meaning that he's in two places at once
That whole area is extremely unsettling.
>>
>>387174592
Alice stopped me from using a second book, but I was able to use a third book without incident, though I started getting permanent debuffs so any other nex-mex books were thrown into the endless pit.

Kind of odd she hasn't reacted at all yet to Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Bill joining the party. Seems like something she'd be opposed to.
>>
>>387173921
>less gameplay than gone home
go away, this shit is just a reskinned progressquest
>>
>>387176442
Did you miss the part where the eggs seemed to have been cracked and then resealed, implying that the clowns hatched out of the eggs?

also does anybody know how to get the hi-top area to open?

>>387176140
>ask how they ended up like that
>they nervously look at the clown running the show and refuse to say
>>
I'm very proud of you. Making games can be hard and it takes a lot of time and dedication. I'm working on one now and am trying to overcome a wall. I'll persevere though and one day will be shilling my masterpiece here as well.
>>
>>387176360
>underage thinks a game is fucking garbage because he sees stick figures
>hasn't played KoL because he's like 12, and probably can't even pass the Altar of Literacy test
>>
>>387176595
Well first of all you need to win a ticket from one of the games and then talk to EVERYBODY and talk to that clown at the edges about his face paint too.
>>
>>387176604
you serious my man? This game was made by the Kingdom of Loathing guys, they're already successful and have a very large existing fanbase. They don't have any reason to shill here.

Also the game is legitimately good, it plays a lot like Stick of Truth. Even though it's stick-figures it feels well crafted and professional
>>
the stick figures are part of the charm, the devs could easily pay an actual professional artist but they don't
>>
>>387176604
>>387176572
>>387176360
>>387175903
>>387175173
Kill yourself, faggot.
I just wanted to talk about this fun game, but apparently that's illegal on /v/.
>>387176595
>top reply
Fucking hell.
The writing in this game is Fallout-tier good
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>387176971
The subtle text jokes and unspoken puns are what I was expected from a game that's a "sequel" to Kingdom of Loathing, and it did not disappoint.

>walking by buffalo bones
>"Buffalo"
>"Buffalo buffalo"
>"Buffalo buffalo buffalo"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

>mfw
>>
>>387173921
Is it worth going back and playing KoL? I don't remember anything about it.

I remember playing it when I was in middle school and thinking shit was opaque as fuck and that I would never figure stuff out without a guide. I was a retarded kid though and the jokes probably all flew over my head, so maybe it isn't actually so bad?
>>
I should probably list some things most people can and will miss in their first run
>eating cow meat/blood gives you stat boosts and a permanent buff FOR A PRICE along with another buff later on
>lockpicking does EVERYTHING
>each class has a special area that they can craft special equipment
>killing that sleeping bandit in the beginning gives fun options later on
>never ever throw away anything you can't get more of
>>
>>387177154
>game
it's basically a book, it plays itself for you
>>
>>387177503
are you aware that there's RPG combat?
>>
How the fuck do I fight Barnaby Bob? I kicked in his door and his bigass clown kicked me out. Do I have to try a more subtle approach? Or is that just the end of the area?
>>
>>387177615
I never even tried fighting him but if you do manage to talk to him you can sell cow body parts for boatloads of meat
>>
>>387177565
i played kingdom of loathing, there is no combat, you click to go into an area, spend some adventures, and the game autofights things for you.
>>
What class do you guys like?

Just beat it on Snake Oiler but looking for a second playthrough cause I missed a lot. Are Cow Puncher and Bean Slinger fun?
>>
>>387177790
This game isn't Kingdom of Loathing.
>>
>>387177887
Bean Slinger is fun. Don't you want to throw beans at peoples faces? Summon bean golems?
>>
>>387177503
>>387177790
West of Loathing has turned based, JRPG style combat. It's not very hard (just slightly harder than Stick of Truth), but you can wear the Hard Hat and try to beat the game in a single day if you're looking for challenging gameplay.
>>
>>387178087
you honestly expect me to believe a reskin of KOL made by the same developers isn't going to play exactly the same? after over 10 years of KOL, why would they change the game formula? especially since they have the audacity to sell it for ten dollars, when it should be free
>>
>>387177887
Already beat with it cow puncher and bean slinger.
Cow puncher can do MASSIVE damage on single opponents for high AP cost and can do set damage unaffected by stats.
Bean slinger is fucking invincible by setting up bean barriers and having auto-regen
>>
Just started playing
How do you get the soap to trade for the lock and how do you unlock the toolbox in the mine
I can afford a horse at this point I'm just not sure if I should move on yet
>>
>>387178270
I hope you chose the lock-picking book when you left home and talked to your bird.
To get the soap you have to talk to the bandit on the tub and ask him to pass the soap.
Oh and you should definetley pick up the radish and check the books to learn to speak goblin.
>>
>>387177179
They've been slowly revamping the quest progression over the past couple years. Some of the more obscure components of the game are still opaque as fuck, but if you just want to finish all the main quests and complete a run a new player can reasonably do it now without looking at the wiki.

The wiki is still invaluable though, especially in the level 12 quest, which is the only quest that has yet to be touched by the quest revamps. The game is unreasonably deep for a stick figure web game, and most of that depth comes from sheer layers of content and entire game mechanics that get added, used, neglected, and eventually forgotten by players.
>>
>>387178242
Because you,re not juggling adventures every rollover?
>>
>>387178270
Ask someone for soap, like someone who is bathing
Looking for needles, try haystacks
>>
>>387178242
You're talking about a game they worked on for nearly 15 years, a game that they still develop to this day, and you honestly think that they wouldn't want to change things up for their second game? We don't talk about Word Realms, it does not exist.
>>
>this blatant shilling of this shitty indie game

I was considering picking this up, but not anymore. I'll never condone shit like this
>>
>All these people who have clearly never heard of KoL

Fuck /v/
>>
Is this a real game or is it like those King of the Hill RPG threads? I can't find anything about it when I search.
>>
>>387180681
Children are truly a plague on this earth that must be dealt with.
>>
File: 1497215633013.png (838KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497215633013.png
838KB, 1280x720px
>>387173921
Meeh i'll pirate it and see whats what.
>>
>>387180548
>you honestly think that they wouldn't want to change things up for their second game?
exactly, they wouldn't. mario has used the exact same formula for over 30 years, and it's still going strong. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>387181093
Except in this case, KoL is more comparable to an ongoing MMO than a single, released title. WoL is a single released and shipped title, it's closer to a spinoff of KoL than a sequel.
>>
>>387181093
Why is it so hard for you to accept that a developer doesn't need to make the exact same game mechanics between different games?
>>
so I made a grass ring near the cow demension portal is that quest chain over? Feels like I'm missing something
>>
>>387180792
It's a real game. I was just about to say how this thread could easily fool someone unfamiliar with the devs into thinking it's a thread where posters pretend a game exist. The title of the it is right there in the OP, so you should be able to find it.
>>
I played Kingdom of Loathing many years ago for a while. Is this an offline version of that?
>>
>>387184121
Yes but without the adventure cost micromanagement and actual combat and walking around
>>
>>387173921
mega link where?
>>
File: aXm3349xjU.jpg (105KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm3349xjU.jpg
105KB, 650x650px
After firing Skully, Jick and his crusty hobo friends have to resort to shilling their stickman garbage on /v/.
>>
>>387183036
You need to craft a special hammer from cow parts OR eat a bunch of cow meat to taint yourself and wander by the ranch until the hammer shows up in your hands
>>
>>387185525
>mega link where?

Sign up for cs.rin.ru/forum, it's basically the hub for warezing almost all Steam games - the users provide their own non-scene rips, cracks, and patches.

https://www.multiup.eu/en/download/0c1e4d2c19d67ee6772384e7e71923e6/West_of_Loathing_20170814-123113.7z
>>
when are we going to start a kol /v/ clan?
>>
>>387186704
>zip file has a password
thanks for the info anon
>>
>>387187014
>thanks for the info anon

Sorry, cs.rin.ru is the password.
>>
File: kolremake.png (38KB, 647x228px) Image search: [Google]
kolremake.png
38KB, 647x228px
Reminder that West of Loathing sold well enough that they're considering a full-blown KoL remake in the same style.
>>
>>387178242
>lol shit sucks because x happens
>x doesn't happen though
>oh you expect me to think it doesn't happen LMAO
>>
>>387176442
>ask clown how the balloons float
>know full well what's coming up next
>it comes
>>
>>387187121
KoL without the adventure limit would be amazing
>>
>>387187704
Kol without the adventure limit, music and sounds, and some kind of animation would be amazing
>>
>>387187704
I dunno, KoL kind of relies on it's adventure limit for the player economy, and a lot of the game is structured around using those limited adventures as optimally as possible. Meat would literally be worthless if you could farm an infinite amount in a day. The alternative would be to make the game purely single player, but then it wouldn't really be a remake.
>>
File: 1502063997527.jpg (16KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
1502063997527.jpg
16KB, 350x349px
>>387180792
Another salty ass hole who didn't get into the private servers, I see.
>>
>>387186835
It's dying unfortunately >620 players at current time.

Used to be you'd find 1k at all times
>>
>game looks like it could be neat from screenshots
>See gameplay
>It's turn based

Every time
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.