[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's how to make Winston viable: Increase Tesla Cannon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15

File: 1467500976827.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467500976827.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Here's how to make Winston viable:

Increase Tesla Cannon damage from 60 to 63 per second
Buff his bubble from 600 to 800, decrease cool down from 13 to 11 seconds
Decrease cool down of jump pack from 6 to 4 seconds
Increase knock back of primal rage by 15%
Invisibility frames while entering primal rage

There, I just made him pickable. In his current state he's vastly underpowered and underrepresented.
>>
>In his current state he's vastly underpowered and underrepresented.
lol
>>
Winston isn't 100% pick rate but he's pretty good.

There's tons more heroes that need to be buffed before him.
>>
>>387170765
never fucking talk to me again
>>
>>387170765
>In his current state he's vastly underpowered and underrepresented
ITT OP literally cannot escape bronze
>>
Winston is literally the best Tank in the game
>>
>>387170765
Youre a fucking moron.
>>
I can almost hear OP gagging from here
>>
File: 1501962927415.png (48KB, 292x303px) Image search: [Google]
1501962927415.png
48KB, 292x303px
>>387170765
Shit bait.
>>
>>387170765
Promise us you will never make a game
>inb4 i was pretending :))))))
>>
File: KillMe.png (1MB, 781x864px) Image search: [Google]
KillMe.png
1MB, 781x864px
>>387170765
>Here's how to make an incredibly strong character viable
>>
>Winston
>needing a buff
He's currently the strongest tank for both offense and defense, and the meta knows this because Winston + dva is a top tier comp.
The only thing that makes sense here is giving him invincibility on ult activation.
>>
>>387170765
Are you fucking joking? Winston is the most picked and most OP tank in the game.
>>
Literally all they did was buff his barrier cooldown and he went from shit to 90% pick rate.
>>
>>387171752
dva+zarya beat dva+winston anyday.
>>
File: 1501733322580.png (13KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
1501733322580.png
13KB, 840x840px
>>387170765
>>
Sure OP, buff him so I can shit on everyone harder
>>
He's great. Just make sure Reaper is called out at all times so you can keep an ocean between him and gentle Harambe. It's sad how brutally hard a counter Reaper is to Winston, especially now that he becomes an immortal God as he drains chunks of health with every shot, making Winston is also his prefered Ult battery. Get the high ground and just stay the hell away unless you have your team focused on him.
>>
File: PC_Usage_Grandmaster_Unsorted.png (39KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
PC_Usage_Grandmaster_Unsorted.png
39KB, 1000x500px
>Nerf the #1 most used tank at highest levels of OW play
>>
>>387171216
anon, this is bait. because winston has a 95% pickrate at high level competitive play and 98% in the pro scene
>>
>>387171386
I wish I could downrank to bronze and just troll forever as Winston holy fuck he's so good it's insane. If people literally can't deal with Winston in bronze, you could carry/troll so hard. Fuck.
>>
>>387170765
You never notice that his helmet visor wouldn't fit over his face?
>>
>>387170765
just make his tesla cannon do bonus damage on tracers
>>
Is Orisa good? I really like her chaingun and constantly popping barriers/fortify and pulling people into the open/off ledges, but it doesn't feel that effective and it's really hard to hit people with consistently
>>
>>387172943
>that roadhog
>>
File: junkrat-concept.jpg (145KB, 856x1100px) Image search: [Google]
junkrat-concept.jpg
145KB, 856x1100px
>Remove risk from character
>give him a 120 freebie damage
>instead of amping it down, make it twice as worse
Nice game Jeff
>>
>>387173369
Orisa is niche, she has her uses but is very reliant on others to get shit done.
>>
File: 1433197683652.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1433197683652.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>387172943
>those defense numbers
>>
>>387173796
Defense oriented heroes are worthless in a game about speed and damage.
>>
>>387173796
There's a reason people get mad when somebody picks Widowmaker or Hanzo.

They're not just some meme. They actually are shit characters.
>>
>>387173576
Junkrats kit is fundamentally flawed because he doesn't have any way to sustain himself in a fight. He can't heal himself and his health pool is small, so he doesn't have much presence in an important fight. So he either needs to throw pot shots at long range, which does fuck all, or run into the thick of it and die instantly unless the other team all has crap aim.

For this reason, no matter how they adjust this damage or cooldown speeds, he'll always just be mediocre.
>>
File: demo 1.jpg (542KB, 600x3581px) Image search: [Google]
demo 1.jpg
542KB, 600x3581px
>>387173576
>>387174686
Why is Junkrat a Tier Shit character in OW but Demoman is Tier 1 in TF2?
>>
>>387170765
Bad bait tbqhfamalamanskibrosinskifaggotinski
>>
>>387174951
TF2 has no shields, so you are guaranteed to hit someone spamming grenades.
>>
>>387175681
Ah, that makes sense

Junkrat now does double damage to barriers
>>
>>387174951
Demoman can kill low health enemies in 2 hits or high health ones with 3 hits (five for overhealed heavy) and demo has a somewhat large healthpool, and he can move around the map ridiculously faster than any other class except for soldier. In a one versus one fight, a demoman still is likely to beat an overhealed tank

Meanwhile junkrat can kill a weak enemy in 2 hits, but needs 5 hits just to hit a normal tank out by himself, and that's assuming they don't use their self heal, or their shields, which could make them take a full minute to kill, or more. Also junkrat has low health, and has very slow movement.
>>
this game is so much more fun at bronze rank
team comp is literally meaningless so you can just pick whoever you like to play and do fine
spent all night last night winning as attack torb with a widow, hanzo, and no tank
>>
>>387174951
Demoman can effectively lockdown an entire chokepoint by himself with sticky bombs. Junkrat's explosive mine is nothing more than an extra powerful face nuke/mobility tool.
>>
>>387170765
>people still talk about overkek
>>
>>387175932
Junkrat has great mobility though
Especially now that he can double jump
>>
>>387176046
considered, not gonna
:3
>>
>>387176026
>extra powerful

Mine is the same damage as a grenade direct hit, it's just a lot easier to hit with
>>
>Invisibility frames while entering primal rage
Have you ever been so mad you can't be seen?
>>
File: 1489040843706.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1489040843706.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
>>387176436
>>
>>387170765
So ignoring this weak bait, can we please talk about how they should nerf d.va into the fucking ground?
Name a more cancerous, anti fun character
>protip: you can't
>>
>>387176705
nah
>>
>>387174951
Stickies. No shields. More mobility. I think more damage/more splash but not sure off hand.

Overall Junkrat is a neutered Demoman.
>>
>>387176705
I don't think Dva really needs a big nerf if one at all. The only thing I can think of is make it so DM drains faster the more damage is pumped into it. Since it can last an obscenely long time if someone feathers it well.
>>
When /v/ pretends they're all in grand masters so they truly believe Winston is strong not matter what (despite being the easiest tank to kill) roadhog is garbage and mercy needs to be deleted from the game because no one wants to be bothered on FOCUSING THE FUCKING HEALER

I swear to fucking Christ, there is nothing more cancerous than watching my whole team try to kill the pharmercy and don't even bother trying to kill mercy first instead of the chick who can actually fly in the air, shoot you, push you away and of cliffs, and is constantly being damaged boosted/healed. Like fuck me, I'm just one zenyatta trying to save us from getting reversed sweeped because 5 of them are dead and my team forgets what mercy can do
>>
>>387177405
If you're zen and they're shooting at Pharah, why not just discord her so she dies faster then?
>>
>>387176705
Hanzo's scatter arrow is more cancerous if you ask me.
>>
winston almost needs a nerf if anything, i think his bubble needs a longer cooldown because he can jump in and out too quick and his bubble is just a huge fucking annoyance

one of the reasons dive is so strong is because winston is actually viable with his shield against standard death ball/tank meta on both offense and defense, and his aoe attack makes life a lot easier for flankers to help kill supports and stuff and get out before anyone can do anything about it

i don't even think dive is a bad meta, it's just that winston and d.va make dive almost unbearable for any other meta to deal with besides a very good team with torb/junkrat etc to do enough damage to break winston barriers asap

say what you will about the tank meta, but at least if you were a better team you could use dive or 2/2/2 to beat it, with the dive meta even if you're a better team d.va and winston just fuck you in the ass for so long and eat so much damage that you're bound to lose your supports or something before you can even start doing damage

winston dives in, eats 600 damage, d.va dives in, damage immunity to winston and flankers for a few seconds, one or two of your team dies, and then the winston, d.va, and two flankers both pull back to do a quick reset and heal up before they finish fucking you in the ass

outside of that weird junk/torb team that is too hard for uncoordinated teams to do really, the only counter to dive is dive with two equal teams, and even if you're the better team, as long as the winston and d.va aren't trash, you still can't really win with any other comp
>>
File: g4v1YtFo_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
g4v1YtFo_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>387170765
>Buff his shield from 600 to 800
wew lad, settle tf down there
>>
>>387174951
Demo has stickies, which let him control the pace of the game and do consistent damage. He gets shit on in 1v1s with Scouts and Soldiers, but he can keep distance and use his team as a shield while still being useful. His area denial isn't limited to "spam the chokepoint."

I haven't played nearly as much Overwatch so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like Junk needs to hit direct grenades to get anywhere. He seems good enough for spamming shields or chokepoints, but slow arced projectiles are inconsistent against players with movement keys outside of spitting range, where Junkrat is just worse than your Genjis and hitscan chars.
>>
>>387170765
Is this pasta from before he got the bubble buff
>>
>Hero that is already fairly viable
>LET'S BUFF EVERY SKILL AND BASIC ATTACK!
>>
>>387179297
Junker has to get to a high ground and rain grenades as much as he can, he doesn't has to land grenades to the face to deal full damage, his grenades rebound a awhile and still to 120 damage if someone steps on them.
Let's not forget that he can guarantee a kill on a pesky tracer or genji if he puts a trap in a good posicion so his team can capitalize on it.
>>
File: 1501984896718.jpg (69KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1501984896718.jpg
69KB, 736x736px
why dont you niggas just copy bombking
>>
>>387181145
Bomb King is too cute and he will turn into more of a function than a character if he was in OW. I'm just surprised Pharah is a shittier version of Benedict
>>
>>387178981
Nigga, dive isn't viable because Winston exists. Winston is viable because dive comps are overall stronger than anything else. Winston was considered a joke before because when dive wasn't a prominent thing and they nerfed his shield because of how it stacked with multiple shields (remember when you can have duplicates, yea they didn't adjust for that afterwards) the fucker becomes the most embarrassing tank to uses unless you're that niche type of player that just wants to be highly mobile. And when Ana was in charge HOLY SHIT you are not killing anyone as winstons if they have an ana. And it wasn't any better than they reworked symmetra. Now the guy who's best designed to destroy her has a harder time killing her and again, anyone on set team because now EVERYONE GETS A FUCKINY SHIELD.

winstons is in a state of bear perfection balance wise and so is more affected my meta reather than his exists itself defines the meta.
>>
>>387180986
>he doesn't has to land grenades to the face to deal full damage
>"Frag Launcher"
>"Damage:
>120 total
>40 direct hit
>12.5-80 splash"
what did he meant by this
>>
>>387181326
I meant what is writen there, son.
>his grenades rebound a awhile and still to 120 damage if someone steps on them.
Meaning that grenades stay on the floor for some time before exploding, if you step in one of those it still deals full damage.
>>
The only thing I don't like about Winston is his ultimate, I think it would be better if you went into 3rd person mode because I can never see shit when I activate it. The arms block the camera and I can't gauge how close I am to hit people.
>>
Winston is like one of the best characters in the game, you're turning him into a 100% pick rate
>>
Winston is the hero we deserve , immune to being one shot by scatter arrow , rapes all those Genji/hanzo/tracer mains.
>>
>>387170765
What rank are you, and who do you main?
>>
>>387184851
bronze
torb
>>
I'm sick of Winston, if the Winston player doesn't play like an idiot there's literally nothing you can do while he dives thanks to his health pool and barrier. And he doesn't even need to aim to kill you, just press left click and MAYBE press W and S alternatively to dance between barrier.

It honestly just feel like a Roadhog situation at this point except you die slowly instead of instantly.

I'm not really saying he is OP though, nerf him any and he would be trash but the way his bubble and tesla cannon works so well in conjunction with dive is complete cancer. I guess this is why OW will forever be a trash game
>>
>>387170765
just need one changes to make winston instant viable.
>the more target tesla cannon is hitting, the more damage it does.
>e.g.
>1 target = 60/s
>2 target = 60 + 5/s
>5 target = 60+ 20/s
>>
>>387186681
Should be opposite actually, the more targets it hits the less damage it does. It would make dive a bit less effective.
>>
File: 1471381012942.jpg (28KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471381012942.jpg
28KB, 350x240px
>>387186681
He already has a range of 60-360 dps why do you want to make him eveb more threatening to a coordinated team?
>>
Haven't played since that new year event. Why is Winston the best now? He was almost useless back then.
>>
>>387187092
He has his barrier available more often and his strongest counter, Roadhog, was nerfed to the ground. Reaper is a bit better than previous but still struggles because of his shitty range.

Winston with his giant bubble and multihit zapper he can't miss with also fits perfectly in with dive comp, where every mobile hero in the game moves in to attack with him and there is nothing (or at least very little) the opponent can do to fight this as long as it's executed right. There is no hero that has any clear answer to team dive.
>>
>>387186681
You'll make him broken with that.
Just add residual damage once he stop zapping someone, something like 10 damage over 2 or 3 seconds will be enough.
>>
>>387170765
>Here's how to make Winston viable:

Please stop.

Go kill yourself.
>>
Here's how to make Winston viable:

GET FUCKING GOOD

Adapt already.
>>
>>387170765
>Invisibility frames
overtards everyone
>>
>>387174951
Characters with shields, and characters with extreme mobility are just not a thing in TF2. Unfortunately, those two things are Junkrat's biggest weaknesses.
>>
File: 1499715012310.gif (3MB, 515x479px) Image search: [Google]
1499715012310.gif
3MB, 515x479px
Does nobody on /v/ know what bait is?
or am i getting baited by you pretending to not know that this is bait?
>>
>>387178320
Every single time, that shit even oneshots 500hp tanks, I have no idea why no one complains about it.
>>
>>387190203
This is not our guy.

Maybe ISIS will admit him as act of terrorism.
>>
>>387192651
>one shotting full health heros by aiming at the floor, even if they are behind cover
We gotta nerf Roadhog so he does 70 damage with a point-blank headshot
>>
>>387171949
Good luck getting any charge when all Winston does is rape your supports
>>
>>387181317
ana can't heal if there's a winston because his barrier gets in the way, it's one of the reasons on top of d.va that ana isn't a top pick like she use to be

even when pro teams or world cup teams play non dive comps, they've started to include winston over rein

and i would argue that people thought winston was trash because no one used him, korean teams, especially miro, became winston gods BEFORE he even got buffed further, people just didn't know how to use them, now they do

he is almost impossible to counter with standard lineups because there isn't enough damage to kill his barriers before he can get out, that's why the anti dive comp asian teams have started to use have fucking junkrat and torb in them, because their kits do a lot of damage quickly, specifically to break the shield so he can be killed

2/2/2 and tank meta can't deal with winston because they can't break his barrier, and that barrier counters ana big time

he enables dive comp because when he jumps in, you can't kill the flankers without killing the barrier, and most comps can't kill the barrier before the winston and the flankers can get in and out, it's why you have to use dive against dive for the most part, it's not the tracer, it's not the genji, it's not the combination of both, it's the fact that on top of being hard to hit, you have to deal 600 damage before you can even touch them, and even if by chance your team is good enough to kill the barrier right away, you still have to deal with the giant monkey blocking your view who basically has 1500 hp because he'll ult when he gets close to dying every second team fight

he's honestly a problem, the only thing that could really 'hard counter' him is reaper, and reaper can't really be picked because genji and tracer will shit all over him, so he's just not viable against dive
>>
File: qnnVcNo.png (338KB, 557x385px) Image search: [Google]
qnnVcNo.png
338KB, 557x385px
>>387170765
He's already viable you faggot fuck off.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.