[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, all jokes aside, how well do you realistically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: samusreturns.jpg (249KB, 1843x1843px) Image search: [Google]
samusreturns.jpg
249KB, 1843x1843px
In all seriousness, all jokes aside, how well do you realistically expect Metroid: Samus Returns to sell?
>>
>>387169268
kinda like zelda sales on japan but worldwide
>>
ZM came out at the end of the GBA's life cycle, was a remake, and didn't have rampant piracy to deal with and it sold under a million. SR does have more push from nintendo than ZM did and it's been over a decade since the last metroidvania so that may increase it over a million. However, there are also a bunch of indie metroidvanias out now unlike back in 2004 that dilute the genre
>>
Honestly? Not really, no. I don't expect it to downright flop, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll be a million copy seller. There's so many better upcoming 3DS titles and pre-existing ones than this.
>>
>>387169268
I just preordered mine.
>>
>>387169593
*decade since the last 2D metroid
>>
>>387169673
This. The only thing I think will bump it up to close to a mil, optimistically, is how hungry longtime fans of the series are to have a legitimate 2D Metroid come out again and want to support the series. I can't say the game itself would sell itself to me if it was something else, but I'm preordering it because it's Metroid and I want the series back
>>
File: 1500396453034.png (774KB, 857x746px) Image search: [Google]
1500396453034.png
774KB, 857x746px
If it won't be the FreeShop that strips its sales then it'll be people's lack of interest that will. Metroid hasn't been popular in a very long time now. I was thinking that this might be a Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy stroke of luck, where nostalgic adults and curious kids buy it in droves, but Metroid has had games in the past, and with each new installment sales dropped significantly. Then there's the AM2R group who flat out refuse to buy this at all. It's like a lose lose situation with Nintendo, and Mecury Steam isn't helping.
>>
File: bunnysamus.png (249KB, 387x387px) Image search: [Google]
bunnysamus.png
249KB, 387x387px
>>387170580
>Then there's the AM2R group who flat out refuse to buy this at all.

I think that's a really small yet vocal minority desu. DoctorM64 encouraged people to buy Samus Returns so I don't know who people think they are trying to impress by boycotting it on his behalf.

The amiibo controversy and the fact that it's on an old platform and not the shiny new Switch are much bigger threats to the game's sales, I would say, but even those probably won't hurt it too badly. Time will tell.
>>
Prime 4 will be the one that sells more
>>
All it needs to do is sell like a million. I hope it does well or we will never get Dread.
>>
>>387171036
goes without saying
>>
>>387170992
>>I think that's a really small yet vocal minority desu.
I feel like that's the also the case with the amiibo issue. Certainly it is a problem and unattractive, but it's blown up so much that I'm skeptical of it. SR is a game that drew shitposters since the moment it was announced. IMO a vast majority of the people who say they refuse to buy it for the amiibo issue are ones who never intended to buy it in the first place. Pirates are going to pirate, as always.

Ultimately the biggest negative to SR's sales is just the fact it's coming out late in the 3DS' lifespan.
>>
It's going to flop hard. Not very popular IP + Bad devs making bad decisions = Recipe for disaster
>>
>>387171952
>metroid not very popular
>sells over a million consistently
>>
>>387169268
It will bomb because of pirates.
>>
It'll sell less than Arms.
>>
Its going to flop.

>Mercurysteam who made shitty Lords of Shadow game on 3DS
>3DS with shittons of bloom, likely going to run at 30fps
>Locked Hard mode that requires Physical DLC
>People are already questioning how good it'll even be from the broken parry system
>People who are worried about Sakimoto
>People who think AM2R is better

I don't expect it to sell.
Plus Japan doesnt care and the West want Prime 4 more than this shit.
>>
Interesting how nobody ever brings up the sizeable #OperationSamusReturns in these threads.
>>
>>387173196
the what?
>>
>>387173305
A hashtag campaign on Twitter and YouTube dedicated to raising awareness for the game and encouraging people to buy it. It's been picking up a lot of steam lately.

People in threads like this saying there's no interest in the game are flat-out ignoring evidence.
>>
>>387173616
so literally nothing
>>
>>387172380
>pirates
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>387169268
>>
>>387172380
are we referring to SR388
>>
>>387169268
Over a million or 2 million.
>>
>>387169268
The name is samus returns you dumbass.

It is the return of the metroid series to the top, it will sell milions if not then i will kill myself
>>
>>387175930
>millions

get your seppuku blade handy in a month
>>
In a perfect world it would sell over 3 million.

I'll give it 1 million tops. I think their chances would have been much higher if they released it in place of Federation Force last year but for whatever asinine reason they decided to prioritize a spin-off before the Switch's release instead.
>>
File: 1502228452254.jpg (18KB, 414x440px) Image search: [Google]
1502228452254.jpg
18KB, 414x440px
>>387176010
What you have against the return of metroid to the top? fuck you

I can pre-order a seppuku blade for you if you wish
>>
>>387176480
Nothing, I'm just realistic. I have the special edition pre-ordered but ZM sold under a million on a system with more sales without piracy, why would SR sell "millions" when the only metroid games to do so are Metroid 1 and Metroid Prime
>>
I see it doing decent numbers on the long run, but poorly on release.
>>
>>387176647
Not him but I guess Metroid II through Fusion along with most of the Prime games that isn't Fed shit didn't sell a million. Also while ZM wasn't a million seller it still sold well enough to warrant a Metroid 2 remake.
>>
File: 1501921654454.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1501921654454.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>387176647
All suggests to selling very well.

It is the best metroid game and it is named ''samus returns'', in the 3ds that have one hell of a playerbase, a metroid title after too many years without.

IT HAVE TO!!!
>>
>>387176647
>ZM sold under a million on a system with more sales

The 3DS has sold twice as many units as the GBA did at the time of Zero Mission's release.
>>
File: metroid sales.png (956KB, 1406x747px) Image search: [Google]
metroid sales.png
956KB, 1406x747px
>>387177065
>Not him but I guess Metroid II through Fusion along with most of the Prime games that isn't Fed shit didn't sell a million.

on the contrary, metroid 2, fusion, and prime 1/2/3 all sold over a million. Even hunters sold over a million

>it still sold well enough to warrant a Metroid 2 remake.

that shit came out 13 years ago, it has no impact on SR being a thing
>>
>>387177194
the GBA sold over 80 million at the end of its life when ZM came out, the 3DS has sold roughly 65 million so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I think you're confusing 3DS's sales for the DS
>>
Decently for a niche series since the metroid is back hype will sucker people in no matter if the game is the GOTM or shit.
>>
File: 1501448436601.gif (89KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
1501448436601.gif
89KB, 200x100px
Let's see:
>Caters to good ol 2d platforming
>Smash is known to increase interest for a franchise
>3ds has a huge install base, even causing shit like Sticker Star to sell well
>Remake, allowing newcomers to skip the classic and get the newer, shinier thing
>The amiibo and collectors edition alone
>Diehard fans who will buy multiple copies
>People don't want the franchise to die
I'll say it can break 1 mil, freeshop shouldn't even cause a dent.
>>
I don't expect it to do well. I'm buying it anyway, because more sales = better chance of more Metroid, but the game looks and sounds like shit. Also,

>MercurySteam

lol
>>
>>387177247
Sakamoto stated that he would make a remake to Metroid II if ZM sold well enough along with if there was demand for it, look where we are now.
>>
>>387177950
source? I also think ZM sold well because unlike most of /v/ I don't think a game needs to sell 20 million copies to be profitable, especially not a handheld remake. But I doubt ZM's potential success had any bearing on SR, otherwise we'd see SR on the DS
>>
>>387172380
>>
>>387178118
Metroid Database: "This is very interesting! Kraid and Ridley have changed dramatically from the first version of Metroid! Will a remake of Metroid 2 and Super Metroid come out? Please tell me."

Sakamoto: "If we put together a good concept and there is a demand for it, we will certainly make them."

http://www.metroid-database.com/features/faq3.php#stage03
>>
>>387178446
doesn't sound like ZM influenced SR to me, sounds like a general statement
>>
>>387177065
>it still sold well enough to warrant a Metroid 2 remake

13 years later.
>>
>>387179141
What could Sakamoto do, his team wasn't big enough and then they knew they had to reevaluate the main series after Other M.
>>
>>387179639
compiling a team for a 2D remake isn't a herculean feat
>>
>>387180052
He was working with Team Ninja at the time, after that since he couldn't find anyone in Nintendo who could make a 2D game he went outside of Nintendo to MercurySteam to make one.
>>
File: 1502436759918.jpg (252KB, 753x786px) Image search: [Google]
1502436759918.jpg
252KB, 753x786px
I don't know. A million? Well enough to not kill the series. Enough drama surrounding the name Metroid that people will notice and want to try it.
>>
File: 3npmi8bwfkcz.png (1MB, 816x765px) Image search: [Google]
3npmi8bwfkcz.png
1MB, 816x765px
1 mil easily.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.