[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game has one of the fucking worst stories I've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: birth by sleep.png (2MB, 1274x924px) Image search: [Google]
birth by sleep.png
2MB, 1274x924px
This game has one of the fucking worst stories I've ever played. It's such a disappointment in every regard, this had the opportunity to be one of the best Kingdom Hearts games but it's so bad.

>Xehanort and Eraqus story is just fucking bullshit
>Xehanort was always bad and Eraqus KNOWS, but wants him to be good
>holds him in such high regard and never warns his students that he's actually very evil. Keeps letting him go to other worlds instead of just fucking killing him
>of course it blows up in his face

>because of this Terra holds Xehanort in a high regard because of Eraqus' being such a blowhard and allows Xehanort to control him
>the whole Ventus situation is just retarded. Why does he look like Roxas? Why does Vanitas look like Sora? I feel like this shit should have been explained in this game. Vanitas is the whole thing that fucks it up, things can be inferred just by the game itself with Ventus' heart being attached to Sora's but the fact that Vanitas exists AND LOOKS LIKE TEENAGE SORA ruins it.

>Aqua is good and pure, her story was actually enjoyable and the only one without issues.

Don't even get me started on the gameplay. Why did Nomura make combat perfection in Kingdom Hearts 2 and proceed to butcher it in the side-games?
>>
>>387158583
>Osaka team
>>
>>387158583
I agree. I stopped after Ventus' story.
>>
>>387158583
Osaka is fucking awful at making games, BBS is one of the worst ARPGs of all time.
>>
Which team is making KH3? 0.2 is fun so I have faith but if it is Osaka then yikes.
>>
>>387159332
0.2 was fucking garbage and made by Osaka team, they've never made a good game in their lives and should all kill themselves for not understanding simple shit like revenge values
>>
>>387158583
I gave up on the story making an sense or being well written
As for the combat, it's now being handled by a different team of people, responsible for most of the handheld games, they tried to compensate for the handheld controls and made games differently, but that's a bullshit excuse if Re:coded can be a handheld game and still have fun combat that works
It's just something they don't know how to do right
>>
>>387158583
Who cares? Aqua is T H I C C
>>
>>387159402
0.2 was a good blend of the little that was good in BbS (shotlock) and Kingdom Hearts 2.

That being said, they're still crampacking Kingdom Hearts 3 with mechanics I will never use (disney rides and guns and shit) and I never even used summons or forms in the other Kingdom Hearts games, as long as they can just give me KH2-esque regular combat I will be happy.
>>
>>387159817
Don't spout meme words you don't understand.
>>
>>387159938
>0.2 was a good blend of the little that was good in BbS (shotlock) and Kingdom Hearts 2.
It wasn't. You're an idiot.
>>
>>387158583
>Aqua is good and pure, her story was actually enjoyable and the only one without issues.
Aqua was as dense as everybody else, waifufag
>>
>>387158583
Completely agree. BbS was so bad compared to KH2. I can't wrap my head around the idea that there are a lot of people who consider BbS to be the best KH game or one of the best.
>>
>>387159817
underage
>>
I'm playing birth by Sleep right now. It's fine, why does /v/ (and only /v/ it seems) hate it so much?
>>
>>387161218
In general KH threads have been full of extra contrarianism lately along with outdated facts. Like the Osaka meme, when the whole Tokyo/Osaka thing really doesn't exist anymore because Square restructured. Once we got the remixes and a release year for KH3 the "hate" went into full affect.
>>
>>387158583
But OP when you walk away you dont hear me say ...
>>
>>387161218
Shit story, shit command deck combat, shit music, shitty empty worlds, shitty bosses. Need I go on?
>>
>>387161218
>>387161407
kill yourself Osakafags
>>
I think thats the only part i dont get is why Vanitas looks like Sora. Unless when Ventus touched Sora to give him the Keyblade powers, he got afew extra chromosomes and Vanitas just latched on to them when forming
>>
As evidenced by that ever so eloquent anon, a lot of the shit for KH3 boils down to:
>"Muh, muh Osakafags"

Once /v/ gets an idea into their heads they have a bad habit of holding on it.
>>387161743
Vanitas looks like Sora because when Sora helped Ven the first time in BbS, he filled in the missing part that Vanitas left behind when Xehanort forcibly removed him from Ven. Anyone else would have had the same effect on Vanitas.

And no, Ventus has nothing to do with Sora getting a Keyblade. Sora is the only exception to the Inheritance Rules.
>>
>>387159991
It was fantastic you fucking moron.
>>
>>387161218
The story is pretty bad, the protagonists keep wandering around like headless chicken while being easily manipulated by an obviously suspicious guy

Another thing that pissed me off was how they handled the Disney worlds, some of them feel souless and empty and since you are supposed to visit them with more than one character you end up only being able to explore 1/3 of each by playthrough, it would have been better if certain worlds were limited to certain characters (like different routes each would take) and visiting them more than once so you could explore the entire place
>>
>>387162104
>/v/ has no taste
How unsurprising
>>
>>387162021
>And no, Ventus has nothing to do with Sora getting a Keyblade.

He actually did because when Riku decided to go full "darkness" mode, the Keyblade he was supposed to get pretty much said "fuck that" and moved on to Sora because he had Ventus's heart inside of him at that time.
>>
>>387162021
>And no, Ventus has nothing to do with Sora getting a Keyblade. Sora is the only exception to the Inheritance Rules.
I know he got the keyblade because Riku embraced the darkness but wasn't the heart sex the reason why he was worthy in the first place?
>>
>>387162021
keep crying Osakafag, I bathe in your tears.
https://youtu.be/UhcqCIWc2wY
>>
>>387162284
>>387162320

That's would be a no anon. Interviews/Ultimania say what happened and that wouldn't be it.

>>387162453
Like filters don't exist.
>>
>people acting like 0.2 is good
https://youtu.be/ptaq-GNPRT8

It's okay to stop playing pretend
>>
>>387158583
>the whole Ventus situation is just retarded. Why does he look like Roxas?
lol
>>
Having three different characters is shit because it splits up movement options, and combat options

I want to be a one man blender with all the options, not split into three
>>
>>387162501
>Interviews/Ultimania
Oh okay, i googled and saw that it was because he touched Riku's heart light, while also having the right qualities within him. So basically, Riku threw away his powers and Sora picked them up.
>>
File: 1500006317474.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500006317474.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>387162601
>This game doesn't have enough choice waaaah
>I had to make a choice of which finisher I wanted I didn't like this
Great reviewer.
>>
>>387162998
kill yourself Osakafag
>>
>>387162501
But it makes sense when you think about it
>Ventus gets mindfucked
>unborn baby Sora gives him a part of himself
>Ventus gets purified
>because Sora was still in there Vanitas looks like Sora and not Ventus
>after the final battle Ventus gets fucked beyond repair
>Sora invites him to live inside him while he recovers
>Ventus's body is locked away for safety purposes
>years later Riku gets the keyblade but fucks up
>Sora was close but not worthy but because Ventus was inside of him he was able to use Riku's keyblade
>later Riku accidentally gives Sora his keyblade
>Sora dies (sort of)
>Roxas is born but because Ventus was still recovering inside of Sora he looks like Ventus and not Sora (the opposite of what happened with Vanitas)
Sora just being able to use the keyblade would make the ritual that Riku and Kairi went through pointless
>>
>>387163095
Hey great reply shitposter-kun, but your review is terrible and contradicts its own criticisms left and right.
>>
>>387162938
>>387163129

Basically. KK went to Sora because he just happened to fit with the right qualities. The whole Ven situation had nothing to do with it as backed up here:
>-- So it's not "Once Sora's story is finished, another hero's story will begin", the hero is always Sora.
>Nomura: Yes. One of the concepts behind the KH series is that the main character Sora isn't special, he's just a normal boy. Yes he does have connections with Ventus' heart, among others, but he hasn't inherited anything from them. He's just a normal boy you could find anywhere. I wanted to make Sora a character that the player could take onto themselves and feel that you don't have to be special. But connect to many people and you will realize your secret potential.
>https://www.khinsider.com/news/Full-Nomura-Interview-20-KH-Mysteries-Solved-1366

The thing with Sora is he noted to be the exception both in game and out of game. That's his whole thing, that he wasn't some preordained savior, he's just a nice boy who happened to be at the right place at the right time.
>>
>people actually think KH3 is going to be good when BB has already declared it shit
>>
The biggest issue with bbs (and the other handheld kh games) is that the regular enemies are weak and easy to defeat quick yet the bosses are all poorly designed and try to emulate the consoles bosses making it feel unbalanced and difficult.
>>
>>387163424
>BB
Bestbuy?
>>
>>387163546
Who?
>>
What is best drive form, and why is it Wisdom?
>>
>>387163424
>BB
Bob's Burgers?
>>
>>387163708
Limit > Final > Wisdom > Anti > Master > Valor
>>
File: 1487822452221.jpg (56KB, 628x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487822452221.jpg
56KB, 628x310px
>>387163285
>One of the concepts behind the KH series is that the main character Sora isn't special, he's just a normal boy.

Yes, normal boys can cut through buildings with ease while only being self-taught with their weapon for a few years.
>>
>>387163546
Who?
>>
>>387163424
>BB
Beast Boy?
>>
File: 1475369518912.gif (3MB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
1475369518912.gif
3MB, 300x231px
>>387163791
Let's not. I still remember the shitstorm the last time this was brought up.
>>
>>387163791
Keyblade are the shit
>>
>>387163424
>BB
B.B. Hood? Capcom crossover world confirmed?
>>
>>387158583

Eraqus is blinded by his faith in the light, the same way someone blinded by darkness would be
>>
>>387163768
final> valor>master>limit>anti>wisdom
>>
>>387158583
All of the kingdom hearts has shit stories.
>>
>>387164820
>valor>
But why?
>>
>>387164994
valor is fast and strong.
>>
>>387158583
Kingdom Hearts should have never become a bunch of side stories. Just one main series.
>>
>>387165164
With the exception of perhaps Days and Coded, the latter of which could be thrown out with little consequence to anything that comes after, every game is part of the main story. Chain of Memories ties heavily into the 2nd game. Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are just as relevant to what's happening in 3 as KH1 and KH2 are.

Don't believe the spin-off meme.
>>
>>387158583
>complaining about the story after 2

Seriously, 1's story is serviceable, COM's is good if you treat it as a self-contained work and ignore its greater impact, and everything afterwards is trash. The only entertainment comes from seeing just how more ridiculous it can get.
>>
>>387161218
Most of /v/ gets their opinions from e-celebs. The Osaka/Tokyo team meme comes from one obnoxious speedrunner in particular.
>>
>The same people who praise CoM shit on BBS because 4 skills can break the game when CoM can also be easily broken with a lot of card skills.
>>
>>387165705
what skill chaos blade
>>
>>387158583
Aqua was not only incredibly fucking bland in BBS, but she also made some pretty silly decisions alongside everyone else
>>
>>387165982
Terra was the best
>>
>>387163129
You know kingdom Hearts 1 is on of my all time favourite games and I can't even begin to understand how you think that "made sense". The original games plot was paper thin. Everything after is a catastrophe.
>>
>>387166176
Everything is much easier to understand when you replace the word "heart" with "soul"
>>
>>387166042
The best gullible retard
>>
>>387166236
Even then, that's not what happened and Ven has nothing to do with Sora getting a Keyblade.
>>
>>387166336
way more skilled than crybaby aqua
and more powerful than pussy ass ventus
>>
>>387166236
Yeah I did say I really like the first game. I get that hearts are souls. It's not making the plot any better.
>>
File: 1491061347733.jpg (10KB, 216x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491061347733.jpg
10KB, 216x225px
>>387159817
So this is the average KH fan
>>
>>387166713
Same could be said of any fighting game fan.

Thicc is in currently, didn't you know?
>>
>>387159938
Dream Drop Distance flowmotion is going to be a huge improvement over KH2 gameplay. Not only in terms of combat but also world design.

Keyblade transformations are probably going to play similar to BBS / Riku 3D styles, those were cool tho. I wonder how fusions will work alongside them though.

If only they make Keyblades work like Re:Coded, with their own abilities and no stats, KHIII will leave all ither previous games in the dust.
>>
>>387166713
>BBS fan
>KH fan
>>
>>387167574
>Re:Coded

isn't that the phone game, why the fuck would anyone want to play it
>>
File: Yusuke.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>387162175
>>387162104
>>387159991
>>387159938
Step aside Anon's, for my taste is truly the superior here. Behold, for in the place of an argument, I have brought ad hominem.
>>
>>387168463
Re:coded is the DS version of coded, which was the phone game. The other phone game in the series is Unchained X/Union Cross which is the smartphone version of X, which was a browser game before it closed.
>>
>>387168463
It used to be a phone game turned into a DS game, and it's BBS' and DDD's combat if they were actually good
>>
>>387161218
Yeah, I don't get it either. For me, it has the best gameplay of the series.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.