[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's gonna be TES VI: Fallout 4, right? since they know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (174KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174KB, 1280x834px
It's gonna be TES VI: Fallout 4, right? since they know it will still sell millions.

Zero chance they will go back deeper RPG mechanics? (Morrowind, even Oblivion)
>>
>>387148486
>Zero chance they will go back deeper RPG mechanics? (Morrowind, even Oblivion)
Miss, miss, miss or bandits running around in glass armor. Stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>387148807
That's more like gamplay or level scaling. I mean bringing back all schools of magic, splitting armor types, short/long blade and more skills, no unkillable npcs, etc.
>>
>>387149058
Best case scenario. Its going to be a copy and paste of skyrim. You might see a rework of the perks and maybe a new skill or 2 but i wouldn't count on the rest. Hopefully they learned from fallout 4.
>>
>>387149642
I want a voiced protagonist with a predefined story. Magic should be boiled down to defensive, offensive, and effect. Sneak, lockpicking, and pick pocket should be one skill. Every named NPC should be essential and the main quest should be fast paced.
>>
>>387150276
i think there should only be three perk trees, warrior mage and thief, there will be three spells in the game, fire attack ice attack and thunder attack
you will get a dog companion and-

and ARMORED dog companion

how does this all sound so far?
an ap
>>
>not hammerfell

all they have to do is recolor all those snow textures from skyrim and call it a day
>>
>Wanting Oblivion's mechanics

Did you even play Oblivion?
>>
>>387150276
toddler howard would approve
>>
>>387150871
>attributes
>no perks
>classes
>>
>>387150975
>Attributes that increase in the most retarded way, likely breaking your game at later levels

>No customization on level up, just bigger numbers that feel smaller because of level scaling

>Classes that do literally nothing but force you to grind skill you didn't want to use because of how leveling/scaling work

Besides, personally I prefer Skyrim's leveling and no-class approach. I see it as the one excellent trait of the game. Perks need to be more interesting and I wouldn't mind needing to go to a bed to level up, always liked that for some reason. The actual mechanics behind leveling are solid though. Really they need to improve combat and make more than 2 enemy types.
>>
What schools of magic can we eliminate? Enchanting can go to smithing which will add to alchemy to make "craft" skill tree. Restoration and Alteration are mostly the same thing, Illusion can be done away with entirely, and Conjuration and Destruction are the same thing mostly. Weapons can be a skill by itself, removing the one hand two hand dichotomy plus shields are all ready weapons so e can add blocking. Bows should be removed. Light armor and heavy armor are both armor and don't need to be separated. No one uses speechcraft so it will be removed.

>>387151267
Sounds to me likes you hate level scaling. Skyrim is good o that front but how would you streamline it some more?
>>
>>387150752
This. Instead of vikings its pirates. Plus, Hammerfell is independent by the time of Skyrim and thus they could still do the "choose the destiny of Tamriel!" thing.
>>
Itll probably be good, no better than skyrim was at launch tho

Fallout 4 was just a skyrim reskin, i doubt they would do that to thier biggest IP
>>
>muh RPG mechanic's

They barely even functioned in the first place, autismo. I know there's nothing else to make you feel smart in this world, but Elders Scrolls has always been poorly made janky garbage. They've never been developers who put meticulous effort into designing their games.
>>
File: 1473466758918.jpg (213KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1473466758918.jpg
213KB, 720x479px
>>387151267
Skyrim's leveling with classes (with subtler bonuses than Oblivion) permanent signs instead of stones and even attributes would be great.

But instead we will get Fallout 4 with curved swords because hurrr durrr
>>
Morrowind is trash.
>>
What's so dumbed down about skyrim? I only played oblivion and a bit of morrowind
>>
>>387152190
t. post-millennial lebbitor who loves Fallout 4 and doesn't get the irrational Fallout 4 hate
>>
>>387152549
for starters, they significantly reduced the number of weapon and armor choices with each game.
>>
>>387152549
the character building
>>
it's going to be Hammerfell and 90% of the characters will be black and anyone who complains that it's just skyrim with black people will be held up as triple hitler for games sites to wank themselves stupid over.

and you'll still all buy it anyway because you're THAT fucking stupid
>>
The stupid thing about these games is that you're not really buying skyrim or fallout 4, you're buying the gamebryo engine again and again with slightly different mods available. The game itself is the minimum viable product. People don't remember skyrim fondly because of vanilla
>>
>>387152549
>less equippable item slots
>less skills
>no spell customization
>permanent birthsigns replaced with casual ass stones
>disposition system replaced with "I am your friend lul" and "I don't like you lul"
>linear ass main quest and faction quests
>>
>>387152759
And spells. Almost all magic is gone in skyrim and the ones that remain are useless.
>>
>>387152549
>>387152759
Honestly it wast dumb down they were just lazy. They knew the mod community would carry half the weight and bingo they were right.

>>387152860
I'll buy it just so I could just play a genocide run.
>>
What would happen if they ditched gamebryo

And went with Unity
>>
Simplifying the skill system isn't a bad idea.
Break things into clearly defined categories while still noting the overall detailed skills.

Here's how magic should be broken down:
Attack (Destruction, Necromancy)
Defense (Alteration, Restoration)
Enhancement (Illusion, Enchantment)
Support (Conjuration, Mysticism)

Martial Skills:
Light Melee (1H Sword, Dagger, 1H Axe, Clubs, Shields)
Heavy Melee (2H Sword/Axe/Hammer, Magic Staves)
Exotic Melee (Katana, War Scythe, Polearms, Spears, Dual Wielding, Hand to Hand, Magic Wands)
Ranged (Bows, Slings, Thrown Weapons, Crossbows, Alchemy)
Defense (Medium/Heavy Armor, Armorer, Athletics)
Avoidance (Light Armor, Unarmored, Acrobatics)
Finesse (Pick locks, Sneak, Trapping, Mercantile, Speech-craft, Luck)

Some of these skill categories will be mutually exclusive.

For example, you can only pick
2 Spell Categories (of the 4)
1 Weapon Category (heavy or light)
1 Secondary Weapon (exotic or ranged)
1 Defense Category (Defense of Avoidance)
Everyone gets the Finesse category.

Depending on your picks, you get assigned a specific class, and the game's story is tailored to fit your "build".
>>
>>387153039
DESU, Gamebryo isn't the problem, it's Bethesda being shit.

Catherine was made in Gamebryo, and it's a slick smooth game with no real bugs.
>>
>>387148486
Wtf, is this a Skyrim ripoff?
>>
>>387149058
>That's more like gamplay or level scaling. I mean bringing back all schools of magic, splitting armor types, short/long blade and more skills, no unkillable npcs, etc.

Tell that to the modern day spoiled brat tier casuals.

They're a target audience.

Then again seeing half the world being a bunch of insecure manchild neckbearded super turbo virgins sounds hilarious, but also dangerous to me.
>>
File: 1357998576091.jpg (69KB, 819x630px) Image search: [Google]
1357998576091.jpg
69KB, 819x630px
>>387150276
>voice protagonist
All my friends always say they think it's great.
I don't, mainly because Bethesda story telling is garbage, and just something about it effecting immersion when you want to roleplay your own character.
>>
>yfw TES VI: Skyrim 2: Dominion
>>
>>387153076
am I misinterpreting your post or, how does it make sense that you get better at alchemy by shooting bows, or at katanas by punching people?
>>
>>387148486
>even mentioning Oblivion
So easy to spot nu-/v/ nowadays
>>
File: 1472355589778.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472355589778.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>387153076
>Here's how magic should be broken down:
>Attack (Destruction, Necromancy)
>Defense (Alteration, Restoration)
>Enhancement (Illusion, Enchantment)
>Support (Conjuration, Mysticism)
Buy some rope.
>>
Oblivion had possibly the worst RPG mechanics in any game period.

>Skills increase with use, rather than allocation
>Level up occurs every 10 skill increases, granting bonuses to the attributes that correspond to those skills equal to 0.5 x the number of increases, rounded DOWN
>All enemies and equipment scale with your level
>Thus, the optimal way to play is to choose skills that you DON'T INTEND TO USE
>Level up the desired attributes by spamming the skill in a corner to get efficient level-up bonuses

Training-based upgrade systems are garbage, and incentivizes you to play in degenerate ways. Please do not ask for this crap.
>>
>>387152306
I'm not against attributes, I'd prefer them really. It's just that Bethesda consistently handles them poorly. Miss miss miss then Oblivion leveling ruining the whole game.
Classes go against the core focus of TES. People keep trying to make it a series about combat or dialogue, but it's clearly focused almost entirely on exploration and just being able to do what you want. Hell that's the reason the dialogue is usually questionable and why the combat is hard to get right.

People keep trying to take it back to Morrowind but what we will, thankfully, likely get is a similar jump from Oblivion -> Skyrim. Hopefully improving on the shitty aspects that jump brought, and there were a lot of them.
>>
>>387153156
catherine also isnt a vast open world like skyrim and fallout, also its art style is simple

they need a new engine, especially if theyre going to keep pushing realistic graphics
>>
inb4 they turn valenwood into fucking kashyyyk
>>
WRONG
>Magic
Restoration
Alteration
Enchanting
Mysticism
Conjuration
Destruction
Illusion
Unarmored
Alchemy

>Combat
Short Swords
Long Swords
Block
Axe
Blunt
Medium Armor
Spear
Heavy Armor

>Stealth
Sneak
Acrobatic
Security
Light Armor
Athletics
Marksman
Mercantile
Speechcraft
Hand to hand

RIGHT

>Magic
Big spell
Small spell

>Combat
Fast
Slow

>Stealth
Steal
Talk
>>
>>387148486
>Morrowind
>Deep RPG mechanics
Like what?
>>
>guys when will they make bethesda games good again
You people are delusional, their games were always the same terrible garbage that they are today. Why do you bethesda fans have sonic syndrome?
>>
>>387153076
>1 Secondary Weapon (exotic or ranged)
>can't be good at archery and hand-to-hand at the same time
drink bleach faggot
>>
>>387154320
stealthy by talking to people?
>>
I am fine with not being married to a class JUST DON'T REMOVE THE NUMBER OF SKILLS AND MAKE SKILL CHECKS FOR FACTIONS!!!
>>
>>387154654
>Hello I want to pass.
>No I am a big guard dude
>But yeah I wanna pass
>ok dude

Battle evaded one pillar of stealth ez
>>
>>387148486
too many idiots play video games, its not the dev's fault they need to make money and casual demand simple shit, sadly casual's outnumber real gamers 50:1 not leaving devs a reason to cater to us, we are just a vocal minority sadly.
>>
>>387155520
I don't believe that. Most normal folk like complexity to their games, this whole 'casual' audience is some made up homunculus demographic built from marketing data.
>>
>>387153076
Holy fuck, that sounded more and more retarded as I read through it.
>>
>>387153076
Stop.
>>
>>387153627
>Athletics requires 70.9 hours of swimming

HAHAHAHA What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>387150276
They should just make predefined classes already, and instead of leveling smithing you should be able to buy every armor or receive them as rewards from quests
>>
>>387153627
Haha next you're going to tell me that running around Morrowind bunny hopping the whole time to level up athletics is absurd or something.
>>
>Bosmerland
Fucking cannibal midgets, worst and most worthless race in TES.
>>
>>387148486
>Zero chance they will go back deeper RPG mechanics? (Morrowind, even Oblivion)

Oh god please no_
>>
>>387148486
There is going to be an embedded "mods for cash" shop - I guarantee it - they obviously want the revenue model int here and merely messed up with trying to inject it after the fact with Skyrim.

They've got to have a t least 20 people or more in marketing figuring out how to fold into the next TES how to charge for user created mods.
>>
>>387159420

well bethesda already has their own games client for TES:O and Quake so theres a possibility they might make valenwood exclusive to their launcher, or sell it on steam and have you download it from their launcher like ubisoft and uplay.
>>
Where

Is

Elsywer

That setting for ES would be so damn cool. It would certainly have more variety to it than skyrim being cold where ever the fuck you go.
>>
>>387159878

the problem is they're too lazy to do challenging regions like elswyre and black marsh because that would require them to use imagination and effort instead of just mashing that speedtree
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.