[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>absolutely no one talking about this You'd think there'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 1488862755000.png (878KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488862755000.png
878KB, 1067x600px
>absolutely no one talking about this

You'd think there'd be at least a little buzz considering you basically play as that girl from Horizon, but with severe schizophrenia.
>>
Why should I care about trash "experience" gaming?
>>
>>387139194
It's Ninja Turtles that's why
>>
You should lurk moar. We've had tons of shill threads.

>that girl from Horizon
why'd anyone want to be in any way related to that shitty game?
>>
>Ninja Theory

yup nothing to see here
>>
>>387139708
Ninja Theory*, did my brain just farted or something?
>>
File: patriarchy.jpg (242KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
patriarchy.jpg
242KB, 1280x720px
>>387139194
>take an existing story
>switch genders

Writing in 2017.
>>
>>387139909
it's funnier that way
>>
File: 1502159195219.jpg (130KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1502159195219.jpg
130KB, 700x913px
>>387139760
>>
>>387139908
yeah there are some red flags i cannot ignore
>>
>>387139194
>shit gameplay
>>
>>387139194
I watched my wife play it. In the first hour she button mashed 2 enemies to death. The rest was just walking through corridors with the narrator saying the same thing over and over. Shit game is shit. It's not even a 6/10 movie.
>>
>>387139194
Dante's Inferno did it better.
>>
>>387139194
MUH STORY, MUH EMOTIONS

seriously though, i hope everyone who is involved in making these "movie-games" dies a horrible death.
>>
>Tameem
>combat is clearly of tertiary importance
>let's scan an attractive actress and then make her BUTT ugly
It's surprising marketers haven't given up yet. /v/ clearly isn't the tartget audience
>>
After DmC, nobody is going to play Tameeme games anymore
>>
>All advertisement made it seem a hack 'n slash
>Game turns out to be a 8 hour walking simulator with piss poor combat and "muh feelings" presumptuous storyline
Gee, I wonder why no one is talking about it
>>
File: 1500855280827.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500855280827.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>387139909
That's cute, Anon
>>
>>387139909
No, your autocorrect is just not filthy enough
>>
>>387139194
>calling yourself no one

nice
>>
>great graphics wrapped around a short, boring " experience "

It's not offensively bad, but it isn't good. That's why no one cares.
>>
>severe schizophrenia
You mean a huge disconnect with reality and not a multiple personality disorder, right?
>>
Gee, TamTam, fuck off already and take your army of shills with you. Fuck you!
>>
>Like the game for what it is
>Can't really play it because it crashes all the time
Welp
>>
File: cow.jpg (44KB, 681x551px) Image search: [Google]
cow.jpg
44KB, 681x551px
>>387140965
>>
File: 1454180179117.png (296KB, 543x725px) Image search: [Google]
1454180179117.png
296KB, 543x725px
>>387139194
>considering you basically play as that girl from Horizon
Is that supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>387141080
>huge disconnect with reality
So shes /v/ personified?
>>
It's a boring fucking walking simulator 99% of the time, that's why.
>>
>>387141080

Seuna hears a multitude of voices constantly (one of which being the player) and it's never made clear if she's actually experiencing any of the game's events or if it's just all in her head.
>>
>>387141080
I think the game gets that right.
She has delusions and hallucinations, both of which are symptomatic of schizophrenia.
She doesn't have a split personality disorder.
>>
>>387139194
>Ninja Theory
>"Gameplay is not a priority"
>Touts itself on being a narrative experience with lots of walking and talking (to herself)
Yeah no shit. There's no demand for this kind of game. At least not here. And Ninja Theory's reputation has long been in the fucking gutter.
>>
>>387141605
>>387141631
Are those common schizophrenic symptoms or exaggerations? I hate to be 'that guy', but I was diagnosed as a manically depressive schizoid and the explanation of what all that was went right over my head at the time and I didn't bother to ask for details about it.

I'm interested in how it's portrayed in the game but not enough to play it if it's supposed to be a horror game
>>
>>387141859

Allegedly, NT did extensive research on mental illnesses to try and make things as close to reality as possible. Even still, there's a bit of Hollywood sprinkled in to make things more "exciting," I'm sure.
>>
>>387142183
Sounds like it's Gone Home but with combat. NT games don't look that mechanically complex when it comes to action games in the first place, but the synopsis seems interesting. It must be short as fuck
>>
>>387142183
>Allegedly, NT did extensive research

Allegedly. NT did didck shit and spend all their funding on drugs, then slapped this pretentious shit together in a few months so dumb assholes would buy that it was SO DEEP when it was just the movie Sucker Punch dressed up
>>
>>387139194
I loved every minute of Hellblade. I've already beaten it twice, the second time collecting all the runes for the kind-of hidden bit at the end.

It's such a unique experience.
>>
>>387139194
>but with severe schizophrenia.

Just thought id let you know since im just recovering from one but a psychosis is like the mildest for of schizophrenia to the point that the people who help with first episode psychosis don't consider it schizophrenia.
>>
>>387142301
Yeah. They did shit. They only included and had repeated meetings with professors of psychiatry from world renowned universities and spoke to and play-tested with people with actual psychotic mental illnesses.

They developed a triple A tier game with a team of 13 fucking people with a fantastic story and an atmosphere I've never seen matched.
>>
>>387142630

Fuck off shill
>>
>>387142630
Too bad they forgot the gameplay, eh?
>>
>>387142301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbZY13lh5E
>>
>>387139194
it takes itself way too seriously
>>
>>387141859
Audio hallucinations are more common in schizos than visual. I havent played the game yet, but it seems okay.

Textbook case of schizo:
Young male who starts having attention issues. Shortly after the audio hallucinations start and then incoherent though lines.

So all checks out except for the character being female.
>>
>>387142630
>triple A tier game
well you're right about that.
If you've played video games in that last ten years, you would know that's not a compliment.

you're riding this game's dick so hard that I can't tell if you're a diehard fanboy justifying their $30 purchase of a tech demo OR if you are an actual shill.
>>
I'll buy it when its $10 this time next year.
>>
>>387144176
She basically has the ultimate case of psychosis. She goes through all/multiple different episodes that some people go through. Not everyone with psychosis suffers from all of this but she suffers from everything at the same time
>>
>>387139194
she suffers from everything at the same time

What do you call everything?
>>
>>387142630
We'll tameme lemme tell you.
I have suffered schizophrenic symptoms all my life and even if you've interviewed a bunch of people that have similar issues, slapping them all into the same game feels cheap and Hollywood.
As much as you have all these notes and shit about how respectfully you handled this shit, it really is just a bullshit attention thing cos if it wasn't, you'd have just done it without all the "look how progressive and understanding we are" publicity and notifications.
>>
>>387139194
poor marketing holy shit

unless I'm wrong, I saw no indicators besides its announcement trailer, save a couple posts on here. I may have not been paying too close attention, although.
>>
>>387144714
I honestly think the guy heading the project must have known someone close who had a psychosis, seems that way otherwise no reason for him to make it.
>>
>>387144442
Lol yup.
It annoyed me. Since I have psychosis and having a bunch of unrelated symptoms all happen at once basically blew their own memo, about having researched and made attempts to be respectful, the fuck out.
Nobody who is genuinely being respectful wanks on about how respectful they are that much!
That said, I did actually like the game.
Music was fucking brilliant, and the timing for some of it kicking in was great!
>>
>>387144898
Progressive points?
Virtue signalling?
Like they were just making a game where you hallucinate right? As if there aren't a bunch already EG. Call of the cthulhu, the suffering, silent Hill etc etc.
And in order to come across as maximum champions of virtue, they make a big deal about all this research of mental health issues.
Oh come the fuck on NT. Having a crazy protagonist is nothing fucking new, and you didn't represent the illness in a realistic way at all.
Just piled on a bunch of disparate symptoms for gameplays sake, and pretended to be super considerate.
>>
>>387142183
They got the finest college dropouts they could together to say "yeah, that depiction of mentally ill that every other game that has it is right" and put them as the first people in their opening credits.

There is literally nothing unique about how they approach mental illness with this.
>>
>There is literally nothing unique about how they approach mental illness with this.

I dont know the atmosphere brings back that horrible vibe
>>
>>387141859
Schizoid is different from schizophrenia
>>
It's not a good game. People expected a hack and slash action game because of who's involved. Instead you get a "cinematic" walking simulator with rare moments of clunky, boring combat.
>>
>>387139194
Welcome to neo-/v/ where good games are called shit, and female protagonists met with instant sperging.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.