[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Digimon World the best game on the PS1? [Spoiler]yes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: Screenshot_20170814-091836.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170814-091836.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Why is Digimon World the best game on the PS1?

[Spoiler]yes I'm emulating it when I'm at work [/spoiler]
>>
>>387139013
idk if is the best game on the PS1 but the setting and atmosphere is super comfy.
I beat it two times and even with it's flaws I found the game incredible charming.
>>
>>387139281
I could never get very far as a kid. It's not really obvious what youre supposed to do, but now I'm figuring it out pretty easily. My stuff always digivolved into the poop digimon :(
>>
>>387139416
Yep,for me it was the same but that didn't stop me from having fun with the game.
Thankfully I kinda figured out how to get an Elecmon so my mon dying wasn't a problem.
>>
>>387139847
what do you mean?
>>
>>387139847
I'm trying really hard not to save sxum, but the combat can be pretty infuriating at times. Your digimon will get stamd there and take like 5 or 6 hits in a row and you die. Combat system is probably the weakest part of the game.
>>
>>387139013
The limitation of digi-poop pisses me off. I used to have a place exclusive to shitting. Whenever the Digimon feels like pooping, I take him there and let it shit. There'r all kinds of poop: small, medium, large and huge.

Unfortunately after a certain number of poop, one started to disappear every time a new one appears.
>>
>>387139013
Something I never understood about this game: why did the gym allow you to cancel an exercise immediately and get the full points, making waiting for it to complete pointless?
>>
>>387139987
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but if I remember correctly, if you mistreated your Digimon and it died from neglect or whatever you could lose some of its memorized moves I think.
>>
What is even the plot of these games? I just bought next order and it seems like the plot is irrelevant.
But waifus are nice tho
>>
>>387142667
Cyber slut has the best plot if you want a decent story.Next order's plot can be surmised easily.
>>
>>387142645
what does that have to do with Elecmon?
>>
>>387139013
Distraction for people with severe mental disabilities is not work, you know.
>>
File: 1406649937043.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1406649937043.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>387139013
I beat this as a kid, still don't know how the fuck I manged it.
>>
>>387141401
I noticed that, too. I'd try to write stuff with it, but it'd start replacing previous shits, eventually. Plus Sukamon would eat them if you had him.
>>
File: 0PSOGL2_215.jpg (472KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0PSOGL2_215.jpg
472KB, 1920x1200px
>tfw too inetilgent to train brains
>>
I've only ever played Digimon World 3 as a kid and never beat it but I liked it a lot. Are the first two games good as well?
>>
>>387142667
Bad guy tries to "hack" the digital world leading to digimon losing their memories/ability to speak. You fight him at infinitiy mountain. He dies after a failed escape.
>>
>>387146224
They play completely differently.
If you haven't played DW1 and are really bored, I'd say you should go and play it blind. See if you manage to not get a Numemon/Tyrannomon.
>>
>>387146224
I never beat the game either, my brother would leave the discs out after switching games and it got scratched up so bad that I couldn't play it anymore. Really want to play it again but I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to make ps emulators work.
>>
>>387146989
I recently went on a DW binge. Here's the setup I had:
https://mega.nz/#!7kdQHSDC!JT8tXtYoGd0BxuSa-a2V2RR4GNavJzfQErrK7Ay_Y2w
Just drag/drop.
Do you want the image files for the games too?
>>
Get back to work, wagie
>>
>>387147515
If you can provide it I would really appreciate it.
>>
File: Screenshot_324.png (67KB, 988x655px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_324.png
67KB, 988x655px
>>387148197
Yeah, let me just upload it. It'll be in this folder in a bit.
https://mega.nz/#F!bhsRmYKS!dzTqPz2FgauGLEu_DCt2GA

Also, keep in mind that the emulator link I gave has my config. You should probably change the video settings (config->video) to match your desired resolution (I have a 16:10 monitor). If you're running on a toaster, you might also want to lower the settings.
Finally, if you want to enable "fast-forward" aka disabling frame-limit, you might need to disable v-sync through your graphics card application settings. After that, just hit f4 to toggle the frame-limit in game. You'll definitely want to use this when backtracking through lower level areas.
>>
>>387149015
Thanks man
>>
>>387142451

1 hour still passes if you cancel the animation. It just exists so the gym isn't as tedious.
>>
>>387146294
no he doesn't he comes back for card battle
>>
>play this game as a kid
>somehow get an ultimate that lives for like 20 in game days
>do most of the lategame content
>it dies
>never get an ultimate again and end up stop playing

repeat this process a few times and you have my experience with this game while I was growing up

Still on my 3x3 though
>>
>>387149581
It's his spirit/curse. He "comes back" in dw1 too via the back dimension every year.
>>
>>387149658
What'sit take to get ultimate? All I got so far is champion.
>>
File: 1416544184723.jpg (19KB, 221x217px) Image search: [Google]
1416544184723.jpg
19KB, 221x217px
>>387150031
that's fucked up
>>
>>387150049
the one i got was the cheesy one take a numemon to the monzaemon costume in ToyTown and he will automatically turn into an Ultimate

That being said when I emulated the game a few months ago all I did was train my second digimon ( i think it was a betamon) to have 4000 HP, 4000 MP and 600 in ATK and Speed and he became a HerculesKabuterimon

Basically just train them a fuckton, like to the the point where the digimon only trains until he is an ultimate
>>
Mapped speed up to be 2.5X speed and the game becauses so good. Grinding is very bearable the speed and it makes the game so comfy.
>>
>>387149658
You probably got your first ultimate by taking your champion around and fighting lots of battles to get the bonus condition for evolution. After that, I'm guessing you just kept trying to get an ultimate through training, which is almost impossible until you get beetleland/training manual bonuses.

At least, that's what happened to me as a kid. evolution in this game was literally built to fuck with kids to make it appear random. In actuality, there's virtually no randomness in it at all.
>>
When i was a kid i never could do anything in that game because i dint know how to play so my digimon always died, now i replayed it and managed to beat it. Still had to play with like 4 webpages open to check breeding and evolution guides
>>
>>387150049
Easiest way is to fulfill a bonus condition and then just get the weight/care mistake numbers right.

>>387150307
I emulated dw1 the other day and did the same thing. Monzaemon was my fucking bro. He got me to 97 prosperity. Thunder justice fucked every one. I had to let him die because I needed to recruit skullgreymon.
>>
Fiendly reminder to not going into factory town or MT infinity unless you have a machine digimon
>>
>>387151945
Why?
>>
>>387151945
Friendly reminder to keep all your chips saved until you get a ultimate worthy of taking on mt infinity
>>387152078
Machine techniques, also DM Dimention, a boss move that you can't learn anywhere else. For completionism.
>>
>>387152078
Most machine techs can only be learned from boss battles in FacTown and Mt Infinity. If you beat thoses bosses with a digimon who cant learn machine techs you are going to miss them.
Special mention to that one fire tech wich can only be learned for metalgreymon in Mt infinity
>>
I love digimon as a series and all the games are fantastic but I still think it'd be neat if they'd release a digimon adventure game where you get one digimon that doesn't die, and like the anime you slowly unlock its digivolutions all the way to mega.
>>
>>387152146
>Friendly reminder to keep all your chips saved until you get a ultimate worthy of taking on mt infinity
Uh, i was using them to speed training, mt infinity is not even that hard. Machinedramon in the back dimention and digitamamon is were shit gets funy and those both are postgame battles
>>
>>387152551

Personally I do it because I have this tendency to not use items also, Machnidramon stats on the 2p mode aswell as getting the 999 stats medal
>>
>>387139013
The adventure, the tons of different digimon you could get based on how you raised them, the planning that made each trip and day feel important, the huge world you had to learn and slowly open up as you went that made it feel even bigger. And of course the fantastic OST. It was really ahead of it's time
>>
>>387152397
>digimon adventure game where you get one digimon that doesn't die, and like the anime you slowly unlock its digivolutions all the way to mega.
Sounds like Digimon World2, granted you will have to DNAevolve a lot to get good techs
>>
>>387153490
Sounds more like dw3, where your Digimon digivolve in battle. The spontaneous evolutions during critical moments are hype as fuck desu. I remember getting an imperialdramon digivolution during one of the boss battles that saved my ass.
>>
>>387154715
>your Digimon digivolve in battle
They do that in DW3?. Cool, gonna play that once im done with tera domain
>>
>>387139013
hahha wtf is that internal resolution?! some 60p shit?
>>
>>387154939
Yeah, it's like a limit break and you get a random evolution. Also, you can just manually digivolve during battle by setting your starter to the rookie form and then hitting digivolve to any known evolution. The stupid backtracking ruins what a would have been maybe the best world game imo.

> Tera domain
That's dw2, right? Post your team, senpai.
>>
File: DW2team.jpg (673KB, 3006x590px) Image search: [Google]
DW2team.jpg
673KB, 3006x590px
>>387155540
They are basically my best mons from DW1
>>
File: 0PSOGL2_263.jpg (420KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0PSOGL2_263.jpg
420KB, 1920x1200px
>>387156392
>H-Kabuterimon
my nigga
>>
How playable is this game without a guide? It seems like the whole training aspect pads out the game unnecessarily due to high amounts of trial and error.
>>
>>387157420
You only really need a guide if you want to get specific digivolutions. The game is absolutely beatable without one. There are a bunch of hints on what to do by asking digimon in town. In particular, shellmon and that one in-training digimon. You only need 50 out of the 100 pp to beat the game. If you get a numemon, just go to toy town and have him digivolve to monzaemon by getting in the suit. If you get a Sukamon, go see king sukamon and he'll revert the digimon back. If you get nanimon, you're a dickhead and deserve it.

Just do the following: Never let you digimon shit on the floor, never skip their meals, never skip their sleep. Do that and make keep them at a healthy weight (between 15-45) and you should be fine for most digivoltutions. Also, training/battling while a digimon is unhappy will reduce their lifespan.
>>
>>387157420
>>387157939
I still dont know if the sweat drop for tiredness count as care mistake. Anyway, here is tiredness table if you want to gym you digimon

Increase:
- Battles: +5
- Training Gym HP: +10
- Training Gym MP: +7
- Training Gym Attack: +9
- Training Gym Defense: +9
- Training Gym Speed: +8
- Training Gym Brains: +6
- Hauling dirt for Drimogemon: +10

Decrease:
- *Sleep (without Rest Pillow): Reduces tiredness to a seemingly random value between 0 and 10.
- *Sleep (with Rest Pillow): Reduces tiredness to 0.
- Evolution (including hatching from an egg): Reduces tiredness to 0.
- Resting with Punimon: -10
- Resting with Centarumon: -20
- Eating sirloin: -5
- Eating restaurant meals: -5
- Eating Red Berry: -20
- Eating Happy Mushroom: -30
- Eating Spiny Green: -50
>>
>>387159334
It does. You need to measure yourself how much you make them train and rest so that you don't push them too far and get them tired (shown by the sweat drop). It's something I never really realised back when I was a kid because I thought you had to rest when the sweat drop appeared when really the fact it's appeared means you went too far already.
>>
>>387159334
Sweat drops are not a care mistake.
Only those 3 things listed are care mistakes. Injuries etc are not.

See:
https://youtu.be/uKvfhTeEWAo
>>
Its soundtrack is very comfy
>>
>>387159717
It's not. The game has been reverse engineered and they found the table for care mistakes and tested it thoroughly.

Up until a year or so ago, most people still thought the same thing about the sweat bubbles. This game has been misleading people for nearly two decades. You should still avoid training while tired because it reduces happiness and training while unhappy reduces the lifespan.
>>
>>387159997
DW2 has the best OST imo. Maybe not as comfy, but overall I like it more.
https://youtu.be/paIm2PKuknA
>>
>>387139013
I wish this got a remaster with exact gameplay/environment.

The experience playing this is truly unique, unlike the sequels that all became grindy shits, turn based turds.
>>
>>387160697
Redigitize is basically a modern version of DW1
>>
>>387157939
>You only really need a guide if you want to get specific digivolutions

Hell a guide isn't even good enough because the requirements are even stricter than the guides make them seem.
>>
>>387161637
The stats? Yeah, they're kind of over the top. The care mistakes/weight/bonuses are fine though.
>>
File: 1497169790123.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497169790123.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>want to get Next Order
>need $20 since it's still $60 on PSN
I just wanna raise some Digimon.
>>
File: 1502306186716.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502306186716.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
When are they bringing the new games to PC?
>>
>>387162519
That is one phat cat
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.