[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Build up the most expansive world the MMO scene has ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: game-logo-wow.png (240KB, 555x247px) Image search: [Google]
game-logo-wow.png
240KB, 555x247px
>Build up the most expansive world the MMO scene has ever seen over the years
>Lore out the ass, a retarded amount of instances, hundreds of quests
>Ruin it all by making everything other than the end game a joke

And they wonder why they're not getting any new fans to try their game out? Do you know how shit the early game is now for your average player (and I'm not talking about some faggot who already has 6 max level characters that 'wants to make another one and just rush through the content to get to end game asap')?
You may say you don't give a fuck about new players joining, but that's part of the reason why WoW is losing it's install base. No fresh new players is always the death knell of an MMO.

I've tried to get back into the game but the early game is a joke. The world is empty, your character is absurdly strong now compared to how it used to be, aka balanced. You wanna do some low level instances? Good luck.
Even if you do get enough people to do them, those people are just going to be kitted out in heirlooms and they'll carve through that instance without even trying and without needing your help.

Say what you will, but the game will continue to hemorrhage players until the leveling process is fixed and balanced again.
>Nobody cares about anything other than end game other than you!
Not true, I started back up with 8 (EIGHT) of my friends a few months back and we all quit for the exact same reason. Early game is fucking trash. None of our group was interested in just rushing to lategame, who the fuck wants to do that shit?
>>
>>387135437
Hey, you try keeping something fresh and fun for 13 years. I think they're doing a great job, but the problem doesn't lie in WoW, it lies in us and MMO's in general.

MMO's are a dead genre, they've been overused, beaten, dragged through the mud, and birthed into a billion different variations and we are just sick of it.

I commend blizzard for keeping their game as good as it was for as long as they did. But its time for the MMO genre to take a nice long nap.
>>
>>387135437
I agree. I tried WoW again when Legion came out (I had a 30-40 warrior during BC, but couldn't keep playing).
I started with an Arcane Mage, didn't like the class too much, tried Ice, felt like I was throwing snow balls (that fucking sound design is atrocious), so I settled on Fire Mage (I really wanted the teleport and language stuff, love that kind of out of combat personality).
I stopped at around 80 because it was too fucking boring. I was outleveling everything and one shotting everyone, I couldn't finish questing in a zone because the quests quickly gave shit xp, and everything was a mess. I recall a zone that switched from Vanilla storyline to Cataclysm mid quest chain, which was confusing as fuck, I felt like I was jumping through time every time I took a step, and the dungeons were absurdly shit. Even worse than early FF XIV dungeons.

I didn't want to just use my free 100 coupon because it felt like I was basically saying "yeah the first 100 levels are shit but surely it can't be bad after that".
>>
I would like to a singleplayer series of Warcraft that isnt the RTS games, something like Elder Scrolls where you can mince around in the world and explore it intimately. Its sad that that neat universe is wasted on fucking MMO trash.

You cant keep people interested in it forever, if anything its surprising its lasted this long and is still relatively populated. Sadly, this is where the game has to end, whenever WoW finally dies off, they cant make another game because it would invalidate their cashcow, so no WoW2, and they cant make a spinoff game because all the story and plot happens in WoW. So until WoW is finally gone there will be nothing else related to that universe, but at that point, will anyone even be interested?
>>
The worst part is that the game is literally a joke. Like, pop references in every quest and funny puns everywhere.
>>
Unless you are mythic raiding, WoW is a 1, maybe 2, month game you can play every expansion release. If you're not at least progressing on Mythic Mistress, it's not enjoyable atm.
>>
>>387135624
>>387135437
every online game is the same, eventually you satisfy the end gamer, with new shit make everything previously worth shit, new player join learn it is all shit, quites cause everything cool that lured them is end game and the in between is shit,aged and out dated and unpolished to the new shit.

I never even played WoW, but most games are either grind, or quest grind with some meaningless text.

end game shit on new player and leave them in the past and eventually the game looks like two or more games pasted together.
>>
>>387135437
They can always make a Starcraft mmo.
>>
File: giphy.gif (691KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
691KB, 500x285px
>>387135437
>>387135624
"Keeping it fresh" is a mistake. I still revisit old games now and then, despite them being exactly the same as before. In fact, if WoW were like it used to be, I would be playing it right now. I'm not touching the garbage it has become.
>>
>>387137058
>In fact, if WoW were like it used to be, I would be playing it right now. I'm not touching the garbage it has become.
I'm in the exact same situation, if they didn't butcher the early game I'd be playing right now with my friends.

>>387136459
>I would like to a singleplayer series of Warcraft that isnt the RTS games, something like Elder Scrolls where you can mince around in the world and explore it intimately.
That sounds like the dream scenario. in all honesty. We'll never get something like that though.
>>
>>387136528
fucking this. i'm playin vanilla server and the only thing i've come across as kinda out of place is the ungoro quests with mario/luigi/link shit. everything else is subtle

now hillsbrad is a joke, redridge is a joke, uldum or whatever is indiana jokes shit. its all blatant just AHAH JOKE REFERENCE in your face almost every zone.

vanilla is still the most fun to me even without nostalgia goggles. i feel more immersed and the quests in zones really get you a feel of whats happening. i dont even fucking know or care about lore after bc
>>
>>387137058
>if WoW were like it used to be, I would be playing it right now.
Thats what private servers are for, but then you would play it and get bored after a while just like with any other game. Nostalgia doesn't keep a steady flow of dosh for Kotick to roll around in.
>>
>>387137526
I got a druid to level 40 on blizzlike BC server, and I realised that I would either have to do raiding or PvP for end game content. I got completely burned out on raiding after Ulduar and doing PvP would mean giving up the stats I actually wanted to tinker with. I just don't have the time or patience to go down that rabbit hole once again.

Leveling was fun, at least.
>>
Sorry sweetie, but Blizzard is right. Looking at any private server thats up right now especially vanilla servers, most of the players quit after they hit max level which is about 2-3 months. They thought they wanted it, but they actually didn't.
>>
>>387137792
Its just a trip along memory lane, I'm doing it right now and I can honestly say I'm just doing it for the questing and world exploring.

Its probably why Blizzard added world quest s in legion, cause in reality waiting on a raid every week is boring and we want to engage with the world.

It was a nice attempt for a while, but got old obviously once you've done it for a while. They were on the right track though.
>>
100% agree, they made a design decision around Cataclysm to let players steamroll levels 1-60, turning half the game into an irritating week of grinding before anything fun can happen. What's the point in the game being an MMO if the only interaction with the world is the minor inconvenience of levelling to the point where you can sit around in whatever the current crossfaction hub is and wait for instance queues?
>>
>>387137760
i agree with you about that. leveling is a blast but then i realize how draining instances get for once i get to 60. getting raid ready is a whole 'nother thing to fucking do. you dont know how many times it took me to finish a quest because of 60s farming mats or repeatable quests in a zone that i had to outright skip some shit since the spawn timers are fucked and 60s camp that shit like poopsockers.

i JUST hit 60 today and now its all getting BiS gear because now its full of elitist who have datamined the fucking game to its core; its not like it was where everyone was retarded and didn't give a shit unless you were pushing content
>>
File: AIC02.png (192KB, 1187x889px) Image search: [Google]
AIC02.png
192KB, 1187x889px
>Reminder that Blizzard had the biggest quarterly online player community in its history with a record 46 million MAUs, up 38% year-over-year. MAUs have doubled since early 2015.
>Reminder that Blizzard had all-time record DAUs
>Reminder that The Overwatch community continued to grow more than a year after launch, setting another all-time MAUB record with the release of two seasonal events in the quarter
>Reminder that Hearthstone MAUs grew year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter to an all-time record, driven by its expansion, Journey to Un'Goro
>Reminder that World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion.
>Reminder that Blizzard plans to release another large content drop this quarter, with more details at Gamescom.
>Reminder that There are multiple dedicated incubation teams working on new games, experiences, or IPs being lead by some of the most experienced game designers at Blizzard. The company is thinking about different platforms, especially mobile...
>>
>>387137792
why is that a problem exactly? its a video game, playing consistently for 2-3 months is a long time.
>>
>>387139781
2-3 months consistently on a game that feels like a job at most with no payout i suppose.
>>
>>387135624
>This entire post.
God in Heaven, please strike down all the Blizzdrones, amen.
>>
>>387139234
is this the new copypaste? Seen it three times this morning
>>
"Quality of life" updates really sucked the enjoyment out of the game. Shit like heirloom gear, raid finder, guild perks, boosted EXP rates, the dumbing down of talents and removal of spell ranks, insta-level cap characters, and countless other things that make the game even more mindless and unfulfilling than it was prior. I figured the whole point of playing an MMO over a game where you jump in and out of the action is the feeling of progression, but current WoW has really cheapened that aspect. It was bad enough every expansion brought out gear that completely overlapped the previous expansion, making those months of grinding pointless.
>>
>>387139234
>"GUYZ LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY CANDY CRUSH MAKES"
>>
>>387135437
I'd unironically start playing wow again if it wasn't so mindlessly easy
>>
>>387135437
MMOs have become a space for retards to socialize in. Why would anybody want to hinder that with actual challenge. You'll just frustrate the other half of the playerbase that would just rather sit around and not try. This is literally what most of the free to play mmos have done.
>>
>>387141790
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-warcraft-using-super-mario-brothers/
still a work of art
>>
>>387141790
>MMOs have become a space for retards to socialize in
this. most people i've met on wow are all kinds of fucking stupid
>>
File: 1501888199852.gif (380KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1501888199852.gif
380KB, 221x196px
>>387141912
>this. most people i've met on wow are all kinds of fucking stupid
In WoW, danger is often preceded by a lengthy warning celebration. For example: You are a HntrPhüc, Beastmaster Hunter, shooting arrows into an ogre. It grunts, "I am throw a rock at you!" A dark shadow marks the area where the rock will fall, and a bar appears under the ogre's name slowly counting down a spell called, "There is a Fucking Rock Falling On Your Head." Six seconds later and you are now HntrPhüc, Meat Toothpaste, a stain waiting around to make future archaeologists puke.

Getting a WoW group to do anything together is harder than getting a bag of chickens its SCUBA certification. Luckily, the people who make the game have these same figures. They know your group has the military precision of drunk toddlers in a dryer, so they designed every boss monster to do only zero to one special thing. Sounds simple, right? Here's where the problem comes in. Asking a Warcraft player to do up to one thing is a 20 minute process of impossible, and there are five of you. Say you're about to go up against the sinister Pandemonius and you tell the group, "Just beat on this boss like normal, but stop punching him when he makes a force field of evil electricity." To any Super Mario Brother player, the proper response would be, "No shit? Don't touch the glowing death field? Because I figured I'd drop my pants and back into one of the punishing tendrils of dark energy, asshole." To a Warcraft player, the proper response is a confused suicide against the deadly force field. If cows played World of Warcraft, there would be a pile of them dead against the electric fence.
>>
>>387142175
then theres the social aspect of the typical wow players. go to the blizz forums and you will get a good understanding of the typical wow player
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.