[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ is one of the most contrarian boards >supports anti-piracy,despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: couldn't make sense of it.jpg (38KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
couldn't make sense of it.jpg
38KB, 422x422px
>/v/ is one of the most contrarian boards
>supports anti-piracy,despite it bieng the norm

explain yourselves /v/irgins
>>
/v/ are consumerist cucks who buy games they could easily pirate and thing copying 1s and 0s they don't 'own' is immoral
>>
>/v/
>contrarian

pick one
/v/ and reddit have pretty much the same opinions on games
>>
antipiracy is literally just a fucking meme, how dumb do you have to be to believe "don't mind me just pirating this cheese" posts are real you dumb asshole
>>
>despite it bieng the norm

Imagine being this out of touch
>>
File: Just rlly makes u think.jpg (18KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
Just rlly makes u think.jpg
18KB, 477x480px
>>387131951
i don't know about that man,as far as i've seen when you mention pirating on most websites people go apeshit about supporting the devs
>>
>>387131828
If I could afford to buy games I would.
If I could buy games I'd still pirate for the convenience, but still buy it on steam or something.

Steam with refunds is GOAT though.
>>
modern gaming is shit and piracy only gives devs justification to make them intentionally shittier

It's like having a teacher who punishes the whole class for a few students fucking up
>>
>>387132058
good games still come out from time to time, you just have to sort them out from the huge pile of shit out there. also, do you honestly believe all the things you are saying?
>>
There is a massive anti-piracy ideological war going on all over the web. There are shills here just to push pro-IP propaganda.
>>
>>387132185
>good games still come out from time to time
I never said they didn't.
>also, do you honestly believe all the things you are saying?
Yes.
Invasive drm, always online, nickle and dime dlc, kickstarting, so on and so forth, I beleive to stem at least in some part from piracy concerns. Or at least beleive devs/companies would give such an answer if asked.

I am not saying piracy is the straight up root of these things. I am saying game companies nowadays are so shitty and unscrupulous that they would happily use a few people pirating as their reason for failure and would use that excuse to put in draconian measures to protect themselves in the future.
>>
File: fallout64.jpg (27KB, 520x511px) Image search: [Google]
fallout64.jpg
27KB, 520x511px
>>387131828
>implying anyone but shills support anti-piracy
ayy lmao
>>
>>387132387
I just realized I shouldn't call it anti-piracy. More like "anti-information sharing".
>>
>>387131935
yeah... is not like it also happens in steam forums or that are faggots that make a mod with an anti piracy "meme".
>>
>>387131828
Just a natural consequence of the new wave of users in the last 3 years.
>>
>>387132432
What does Kickstarter have to do with DRM?

If 3 people pirate a game they'd be bitching anyway and wasting millions on anti-piracy just for those hypotetical 180 dollars.
>>
>>387132013
They are vocal minorities. All the people pirating shit just don't care, but people who are anti-piracy must show their moral superiority at all costs.
>>
>>387132930
>All the people pirating shit just don't care

Probably the best part. I love when anti-pirate people try to use the argument about how pirated copies are lost sales. They really think that a pirate will buy a game in case he can't freely download it .
>>
>>387131828
PIRACY CAUSES
>Dlc
>Locked online
>Early Access
>Monthly fees online
>Less games

Most of the shitty things in the industry have piracy as the root.
>>
>>387134294
You seem to be mixing up Piracy and Capitalism.
>>
>>387131828
/v/ is full of edgy teenagers that think they're "subversive" but actually follow the rules and legalities like the most normie of citizens
Anyone with balls has moved on from this site, hell we're already pretty much an e-celeb board, within a few years the top threads might be about CoD pre-orders and shit
>>
>>387134294
No. They have zionist jews as the cause. Blizzardvision profits have been going up while costs have been going down these past few years. How can you possibly say that piracy adversely affects the industry if all the other companies have had similar shit happen?

Watch the bunnycuck video.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.