[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One thing about FF X always bugged me. I got the impression that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: Auron_Art.png (165KB, 430x570px) Image search: [Google]
Auron_Art.png
165KB, 430x570px
One thing about FF X always bugged me. I got the impression that Auron hate the Final Summoning and want to stop it. But why doesn't he say anything/the truth to stop Yuna co? In fact he actively encourage them to continue their pilgrimage. Am I wrong in assuming he want to stop the summoning and he actually give no fuck if Yuna and Tidus died?
>>
>>387126884

there was a little book called Final Fantasy X Scenario Ultimania or some shit which talked about this

basically Auron thought Tidus lived too much of a privileged life in Zanarkand and wanted to toughen him up a bit and discover the truth about Jecht for himself. same goes for Yuna, he knows that if he told her to stop going on the pilgrimage, she wouldn't listen anyway, since she basically devoted her life to going through with it. he wanted her to reach the end of the journey and discover everything on her own and then make her own decision

or something like that
>>
>>387126884
He knows that Yuna's faith in the final summoning will push her forward to get her to where he needs her to be. He knows what will happen once she gets to Yunalesca, and it is his job to get her there and make her choose the right thing, hence the speech he makes. He's somewhat lucky that the events leading up to getting to Zanarkand happens and puts Yuna in doubt, as it was easy for her to choose the path of not choosing the Final Summoning. He gave a fuck, he was there to protect her, he knew it was the only way.
>>
>>387126884
Every summoner learns the truth eventually. If she wussed out because Auron decided to spoil the ending then the entire country would hate her forever and Wakka would probably chimp out.
>>
>>387127078
>>387127092
But what if Yuna chooses to do the summoning in the end? it totally in character for her. What would Auron do then? He didn't give a slightest hint to Yuna before hand that she shouldn't do it. All he did was told Tidus the truth. Tidus was against it from the beginning anyway.
>>
>>387126884
best character
>>
>>387126884
Near the end when you get the final summoning Yuna asked him that and Auron just said she wouldn't stop.
>>
They were just sacrificial pawns for his revenge on Yunalesca.
>>
>>387126884
OP did you skip dialogue? He knew Tidus' influence would lead Yuna to do the right decision. Tidus' ignorance of Spira leads him to question absolutely everything, and that's what wakes Yuna up. His questioning rubs off on Yuna
That's the whole reason Tidus is brought to the team.
>>
>"Auron's Story" in the Final Fantasy X Scenario Ultimania reveals that Auron doesn't intend to let Yuna repeat the same mistakes as him and his friends had, but understands the resolve summoners possess. Auron knows that for Yuna, who has inherited Braska's will, Spirans' happiness is her life's purpose. Even if Auron told her about his futile pilgrimage, it would be meaningless if Yuna doesn't learn the truth with her own eyes and doesn't pass judgment on it herself. Auron must also look after Tidus, the youth who, like Jecht, goes on the pilgrimage without knowing anything about Spira. In Dream Zanarkand life had been easy, but Auron knows Jecht didn't wish for his son to live that way. Thus Auron wanted to lead Tidus into Spira to weave his own story of no regrets, which Auron wasn't able to achieve, and devotes to assisting Yuna and Tidus as he does not want to "force the script of his design onto them." This is the essence of the pilgrimage—discovering the truth about Spira.
from the wiki
>>
>>387126884
He was just using the pilgrimage to get them to yunalesca, he wasn't going to let Yuna sacrifice herself, thats why he brought Tidus.
>>
>>387127385
He brought tidus along for the ride knowing he would get involved and fuck with yuna's pilgrimage, I think. The whole thing was his/jecht's plan. Tidus was essentially used as a tool to end sin, then thrown away at the end before he could get any pussy.
>>
>>387127940
So Auron knew that Tidus will dissappear once they defeat Yu Yevon? I though Tidus was the only that know that. So much for his promise with Jecht to take care of Tidus.
>>
>>387126884
>>387127627
Now that this is taken care of, heres my question!

When Auron died and left Kimhari the duty to bring Yuna to Besaid, how did they let that happen?
Kimhari probably did it to honor a dying man's wish, and being a dishonored Ronso he probably wanted to get away for a bit, but ends up staying as Yuna's guardian after being Yuna's only source of comfort since losing her father.

Yuna probably had some caretaker since her mom is dead, most likely the temple, but some Ronso comes and says he'll take her away? Was there ever a canon reason like a token from Braska or Auron as proof?
>>
>>387128191
He just kidnapped her.
>>
>>387126884
It's a terribly written game what do you expect
>>
>tfw there will never be an FFX prequel where you're Braska, Auron and Jecht going on their pilgrimage

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>387128248
Considering Yuna is an overtrusting fuck... yeah that makes sense.
Just namedrop Braska and she'd probably do anything
>>
>>387128520
There wil be FF X-3 though so be happy
>>
So is FF X-2 worth playing? I've heard a lot of mixed things about it, and that it essentially shits on the story of X
>>
>>387126884
He literally fucking tells you that he wanted you to see it for yourself and wanted you to stop yunalesca. He literally fucking tells you in the scene right before and after yunalesca fight
>>
>>387128587
*Featuring Dead NTRidus, Super Sin and Auron's bitchy daughter
>>
>>387128672
Yeah right before that when he has so many time to tell it before. Right before the fight when he can tell you before for actual preparation. He is dumb
>>
>>387128627
It does a lot of things that are weird definitely and the difference from X is jarring... but i'd say its worth a go.
>>
>>387128836
Did Yuna really dump Tidus in that after story for another boy? Like what is the reason?
>>
>>387128950
Never read it, but iirc from a tl;dr it's something along the lines of
>tidus is retarded and get himself killed
>thus he becomes like Auron, just an afterthought built from pyreflies
>Tidus doesn't realize this
>Yuna knows this
>she also knows being together with him might make him realize he's dead and he'd vanish then
>so she decides to cuck him
Truly the greatest love story ever told.
>>
File: 1467158125891.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1467158125891.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>387128836
>buy FFX HD
>listen to audio drama
>wtf is this shit
>google more about it
>learn about the post story novella

Fuck.
>>
>>387129194
lolwut? They're together at the end of x-2. stop spreading lies.
>>
>>387129330
You do realise that it is set after x2?
>>
>>387129330
This is after the X-2 story. Denying it won't get you anywhere kid
>>
>>387129194
Who is this boy she cucked Tidus? How handsome is he or it was just some grampy dude?
>>
>>387129330
Go kill yourself you utter retard.
>>
>>387129389
>>387129397
Im only going off the games. That's canon.
>>387129475
Same fag less.
>>
>>387129453
His existence is all we know about really.
>>
>>387126884
he does though, Yuna doesn't die, mission complete.
also he's already dead so he's already doing an amazing job.
>>
>>387129501
The afterstory is canon
Written by the same guy too
>>
>>387129453
Some literal who.

>>387129501
>samefag
Wut? Respondibg to another one of your posts is samefagging nowadays? You really should hang yourself.
Also the book and drama cd are canon as well. Keep crying.
>>
>>387128587
They kinda fucked up the lore. Also, if the Farplane is leaking, this means that Chappu will come back and boy oh boy he'll be happy to see his fiance has had a baby with his brother.
>>
>>387129194
Tidus truly the most tragic character
>Fight hard in the original game for V but died before getting it.
>get revived but died again and got cucked immediately
Press F to pay respect
>>
He was afraid that they would get cold feet if he told them earlier. He wanted them to be shocked by the truth and give them an ultimatum: Defeat Sin the normal way and continue the cycle or destroy the means to get the final aeon and try to find another way to permanently defeat Sin.

Auron hoped that Tidus' influence on the party would have made them question the whole Yevon lie and gone with the second option.
>>
>>387129519
>>387129632
Damn Yuna. If you want to cuck Tidus. At least do it with Gippal or Baralai.
>>
>>387130249
She's doing it so he would stay alive, if she's close, emotionally, to him he'll remember what happened and die. That's why she's ''cucking'' him. They really screwed the pooch with the story, should've just left it alone. But noooo, the hd remaster earned them a lot of money so let's ruin the story so we could earn more with a sequel.
>>
>>387130426
What is the logic behind if she is staying with him, Tidus would vanish?
>>
How did Jecht get to spira again?
>>
>>387130542
Yeah. So, Tidus got revived in x-2 ending. Then that book came out. It says that Tidus and Yuna were in a boat wreck and ended up on some island. Suddenly, some ball hit Tidus in the head, he angrily hit it and it exploded, turns out it was a bomb, he died. Then Yuna met some ancient summoner who told her she can bring him back but she would ''damage the hearts of summons''. She ignored that and brought Tidus back. But, if Tidus remembers he died the second time, he'll vanish. And the more he's around Yuna, the faster he will remember.
>>
>there are faggots that hate the Remastered version of Auron's theme despite it actually having live instruments instead of compressed low quality synthesized instruments like PS2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHUktTBU9H0

Don't get me wrong, there are tracks that are objectively fucked with too much in remaster, but Auron's theme is not one of them.
>>
>>387130654
Swam out too far from Dream Zanarkand and got swept up when Sin was near.
>>
>>387130654
Went out to sea on his boat to fish when he was drunk and stumbled upon Sin by accident.
>>
I think it kind of spilled through when he said that they should defy Yeven if they must. It freaked everyone in the party out. He was laying low for the most part.
>>
>>387128587
I don't want X-3 after the X-2.5 novel gave us Yuna cucking Tidus, Tidus Blitzbomb and Sin coming back because lol why not.
>>
I love how he's modelled after a ronin. Japanese game design is generally so much more poetic than western.
>>
Which one do you hate the most out of those 3?
>Tidus got NTR
>Tidus died second time
>Sin got revived
I am fine with the first two in some way since it makes sense Tidus can and will die. But I am not OK with the last part. What is the reason behind Sin revival? Yu Yevon was already gone so how? Does he get revived too?
>>
File: Character05 - Auron.png (686KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Character05 - Auron.png
686KB, 1024x1024px
Auron, a character so great that they brought him back in Kingdom Hearts 2 and then ripped him off down to his personality, backstory and design in I am Setsuna.
>>
File: nidr.png (594KB, 800x1037px) Image search: [Google]
nidr.png
594KB, 800x1037px
>>387131278
And pic related is Setsuna's Auron.
The game's story is also identical to FF10, but played entirely straight aka not-Yuna sacrifices herself at the end to perpetuate the cycle.
>>
>>387130717
Sounds like shitty fanfic
>>
>>387131553
Full English translation of the novel:
http://ffx3chat.createaforum.com/general-discussion/~eternal-cost~-french-to-english-translation-47/

Summary on the wiki:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daish%C5%8D~
>>
>>387131553
It wasn't positively received.
>>
>>387131553
It gets better. Now the Farplane is leaking so everyone's who's dead can be called back by anyone alive. So that's why Sin is coming back and probably cucked Chappu, Auron and Jecht. The whole thing is just a cash grab by Square, they butchered a wrapped up story just to make a new game. And it's canon.
>>
>>387131553
>>387131653
Even Japan hated it which is why I assume we didn't get X-3 actually being announced by Squeenix and all plans for that shit wer eput indefinitely on hold.
>>
>>387131443
Grandia II had a similar story to both
though I am Setsuna reminds me of Arc the Lad as well
>>
>>387130717
what's the moral of the story
>>
>>387131802
There's none. It turns out summoners are actually very, very powerful and Yuna is turning into some super duper strong summoner blablabla. As I said, it's a shit story devised only so they can shove it into a sequel.
>>
>>387131904
The best part is it was not ruined by some other writer. It was ruined by the original writer himself. The father is ruining his child story for the lulz.
>>
>>387131993
Yeah but it's still not as bad as Bethesda and their ''there's no canon, separate timelines'' bullshit. At least when he killed ffx it was quick and clean, no suffering.
>>
>>387131993
Didn't he get the idea for it off some fanfaction?
Or is it that he's now claiming that they accidentally published fanfiction since the reviews we're bad for it?
>>
>>387131993
Kazushige Nojima is a hack. He relied heavily on material from Soraya Saga and Tetsuya Takahashi during the FF7 days. When he worked alone his shitty writing really started to show.
>>
>>387132097
Bethesda never said that.
>>
>>387132097
But I am suffering here anon.
>>
>>387131443
Im surprised he doesnt have the booze bottle. He has everything but, including the damaged eye
>>
>>387132212
His fighting style is also identical to Auron's.
>>
>>387132136
How do you accidentally published a fan fiction?
>>
>>387132248
I wish we got to see a fight scene with Braska Jecht and Auron in their prime
>>
>>387132176
Do you know what the warp in the west is? Dragonbreaks? What C0DA is? How can you have a canon when you don't have a main timeline? The loremaster of ESO said that the game is basically a standalone lore wise.

>>387132178
No need to suffer, ffx story ended with x-2, nothing more exists as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>387132367
I know what c0da is, I've read it. I also know that its kirkbride lore, completely seperate to actual bethesda elder scrolls (yes I know about heimskr and all that, you don't to explain it, I know more than you.)
>>
>>387132449
The whole point of the warp in the west was to avoid setting a canonical ending to Daggerfall and then you say Bethesda never said there's no canon. From that point on, it's literally impossible to have a canon because everything that happens happens only in a certain timeline. As far as I'm concerned, canon is what's in the games, don't care for Kirkbride's shenanigans or ''Apocrypha''.
>>
>>387132816
Dragon breaks are a unique occurences that have only ever occured due to inteference with the numidium, no other game has done that and it had to be done with daggerfall because that is when the lore was rewritten. Bethesda has never commented on the canon, only kirkbride has, so don't criticise bethesda for something they didn't even say.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.