[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Blizzard create something so immensely, overwhelmingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 29

File: 1502151386723.jpg (99KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1502151386723.jpg
99KB, 600x315px
How did Blizzard create something so immensely, overwhelmingly popular only for it to be a ghost town a year later?
>>
The anti Blizz shills are out in full force
>>
>>387120547
But it's not.
>>
>>387120591
>But it's not.
But it is. Lemme guess, you're gonna go look at Twitch and see it's got 20 thousand viewers and think that means anything? Nobody plays this shit game anymore. Long queue times even during popular hours. Competitive meta has zero variety and is being ran into the ground by retarded devs. Still one of the most boring esports to spectate.
>>
>>387120547
dead game
>>
>OW videos get ~500k views
>Queue times almost always under a minute
>Forums are incredibly active
>Among the most viewed games on Twitch

Some people are just retarded
>>
This games so dead one of the little faggots in the general is posting fake posts how its going to last for ten years and can't fail. Just because they can't accept they wasted their life chasing sr goodboy points.
>>
>>387121131
>Source: My ass
>>
>>387120547
go ask them.
>>
>>387120547
More like, how did Blizzard create something so popular yet it's so fucking shallow?
>>
>>387120547
It's called marketing
>>
>>387120547
I mean I don't really care for the game, but I don't think that's true. Even HotS isn't dead somehow.
>>
>>387121554
It's not shallow, but /v/ likes to pretend it is
>>
>>387120591
>But it's not
>>387120858
>But it is
It is and isn't, tons of people still play it, but the playerbase has dropped
>>
>>387121712
it's about as deep as a petri dish senpai
>>
>>387121762
Basically. /v/ sees this as the game "dying" through some dumbass logic.

Show me a game that hasn't seen a playerbase drop since launch, other than maybe DotA/LoL
>>
>>387121554
The masses want shallow.

Thats why its popular.
If it were actually a deep game it wouldnt be popular.
>>
>>387121712
>my first game was LoL
>>
>>387120547
maybe if they introduced new heroes more frequently instead of once every 6 months...but it seems they care more about loot box shekels than anything else
>>
>>387121170
To be fair, Titanfall 1's queue times are like <5 seconds and it only ever has like 100-300 people on.
>>
>>387121712
it is though? i enjoy the game but you can't pretend the game is deep. most of the proplayers have ranted about it already

i guess only koreans are satisfied with it as their shooters were p2w cs 1.5 clones tho
>>
Remember when people thought overwatch would kill tf2?
>>
>>387122593
they thought it would be overwatch
but it was actually Gabe Newell
>>
>>387122593
Tf2 died of old age. Overwatch died of HIV
>>
>>387122593
I mean, it more or less has.
Maybe not directly, but it inspired TF2's garbage matchmaking system that basically just tried to force the game to become a shittier version of OW, thus killing it pretty hard.
>>
>>387122402
Pretty sure the que times are only that shitty because of Blizz's matchmaking coding. Its pretty much been like that since day 1.
>>
File: 1497031448585.jpg (127KB, 1024x605px) Image search: [Google]
1497031448585.jpg
127KB, 1024x605px
>its dead
/v/s definition of dead is quite absurd.
the player base has dropped a tad, just like any game over a year of release.

I fucking hate overwatch, but even I'm not delusional enough to pretend its dying.
>>
>>387120858
>But it is.
Yesterday's queues prove that it's not.
>>
>>387122593
Tf2 killed tf2
>>
>>387120858
I think it's a boring e-sport because comentators and the ones doing the camera work have no clue yet.

In Dota they always get 1 playByplay and 1 analyst comentator, at least one of them says reasonable stuff.
What I've seen from OW is they get 2 playbyplay comentators who got no idea of what's going on and adding to shitty camera following the tracer all the time it's obvious they can't do a good job at casting what happens.

But then again, there are not many serious esports with major following out there atm.
>>
>>387122402
>>387122792
>throwing the first 10 people u can find into a game, not caring about their skill ranking, or their ping.
vs
>put people from your nearby area to the nearby server so the ping can be kept minimum, while also put people with the closest rank into a game
*gasp* who could had thought it would take longer to matchmaking that way.

>inb4 bliz shill
fine, then take dota2 as example.
it takes about 5 minutes+ to search a game for me.
but the playerbase is still huge as fuck.
>>
>>387120547
marketing is srs bsns
>>
The fucking diversity agenda really gets on my fucking nerves.
>NO MEXICAN CHICKS? LETS FIX THAT
>NO SASSY AFRICAN LADY? LETS MAKE HER A ROBOT CENTAUR CUZ WHY NOT
>NO AFRICAN "WE WUZ KANGS" TRIBAL MAN? LETS DELIVER THE FULL PACKAGE WITH TRIBAL FACE PAINT AND RAGS

Like seriously, go fuck yourself SJWzard.
>>
>>387125143
my favourite thing about this game is how much it triggers r/the_donald posters
>>
Great marketing, wonderful polish, shit game.

Everyone bought it because everyone else did, but the game being fun with friends can only carry it as long as your friends are actually playing. Eventually you realise the game extremely scripted and the only people left to play with are the sort of whiny shitters that you play in stacks to avoid.

Also the forced esports right off the bat made all the reddit follower types get hung up on stupid "meta" shit that didn't apply to them and they ruined the game for everyone else.
>>
File: 1502094352600.jpg (164KB, 1596x781px) Image search: [Google]
1502094352600.jpg
164KB, 1596x781px
>>387120547
They did not know PUBG would be created.
>>
>>387120547
I play the fuck out of this game and I have been seeing repeat players lately, didn't use to happen but maybe there aren't a lot of people hanging around Diamond anymore.
>>
>>387127286
PUBG will be completely dead by Christmas
>>
>>387120547
If it been dead, Activision would pull the plug. I guess Hots is dead to.
>>
>>387120547
>placed in a log in queue yesterday
>ghost town
Keep saying it, it'll eventually be true.
>>
>>387127286
They are not even remotely close. It is the same with idiots who shiped Stillborn vs OW or FFVII vs Ocarina back in the days.
>>
>>387125143
pol getting triggered by other people existing in video games will never not be funny to me.
>>
same thread made by the same OP just worded differently

imagine being that touched with the 'tism
>>
>>387129607
No one would be annoyed had it not been forced in.

The worst kind of SJW pandering is when they add fucking We waz Kangz black people in settings like Ravenloft in a Transylvania inspired setting, You got Ivan Ivanescu the black African and everyone is so progressive and shit. If they are so progressive, Why is everyone white and black? Why is there no mixed?

Fuck that, there is natural and normal ways to add in different people with diffferent cultures and shit but forced is just lame as fuck.

Everyone and their mother is so diverse, acceptant of others yet somehow they are all looking different after decades upon decades upon fucking forever of livign side by side.
>>
not dead but definitely blunted

the pyro update will be interesting. there hasn't been a good update since gun mettle, but there hasn't been competition like OW either. TF2 just printed money unopposed before OW came around

gonna be nice to see what valve actually trying for the first time in years looks like. if it fails, much of TF2s remaining playerbase probably will just say fuck it and pick up OW
>>
File: 1485647478309.png (9KB, 482x389px) Image search: [Google]
1485647478309.png
9KB, 482x389px
>>387122885
>>387122948
>>387129417
>>387120591
>>387121476
but it is tho
>>
>>387120547
>ghost town
>perma 4th streamed game on twitch
i'm not even an owfag, i'd like this game to fail, but it just doesn't, get real
>>
>>387129710
what's wrong with adding in things that not existed in the game yet??
oh i know.
because they aren't pandering to you and add in another white male, is that why?
it triggers you??
>>
>>387121170
>twitch doesn't artificially inflate views on videos
>>
>>387129710
Game about clandestine organization made up of the best operatives from around the globe
>basically 2077 rainbow six
>contrived that there are people who look different

Half of the cast are still white, bud. Also, Sombra's ethnicity by definition is mixed.(Iberian/Mesoamerican)
>>
Overwatch was designed specifically for at least one facet of the game to appeal to absolutely everyone it possibly can.
>forced esports shit before the game was even released
>easy gameplay for people who suck at games
>skins for the cancer crowd
>diverse characters for people who don't play video games, so everyone can have something to identify with
>>
>>387125143
>orisa
>sassy african lady
play the fucking game before spouting bullshit, I haven't even played since she was released and I know that's just not true you nonce
>>
There are only two young white men characters in Overwatch.
Two. Rest of the white cast are old or women
Most of the cast is not-white.
Demographic for fps games is young adult white men.
>>
>>387129946
>>387130034

I honestly give zero fucks about the Overwatch diversity. They can add in fucking Aliens for all I care, I like the cast in the game. Except the Swede is a fucking Dwarf and got no Swedish lines.

What I mean is when they obviously add in shit like black lords in Poland in the time of the Flood (when the fucking Swedes just could not stop invading). That is the pandering shit I do not like. Like having Jackie Chan play Vladimir Lenin or some shit or Michael Caine playing Nelson Mandela. Thats just bullshit.
>>
>>387130165
>characters have to be my exact age and skin colour for me to enjoy playing as them
I would rather play literally any of the characters over solder 76. Just because I'm a young adult white man doesn't mean I want to play as generic army guy.
>>
>>387130269
But its interest no? Another curious thing is there are a few middle age heroes but they are all not white or ambiguous.
One thing that is really bizarre is that there is all the old females all have somesort of lore justification why they look 18 still even though they are heading into middle and old age.
In contrast the old male characters are all noticably old.
>>
>>387130180
I forgot that Overwatch is actually based on true history, and that Doomfist was blackwashed from his real life ethnicity. If you don't care about Overwatch's diversity and instead only care about these other instances of blackwashing, why do you post in this thread?

>>387130165
>can't play as or enjoy a character who doesn't look like him
You are literally tumblr right now
>>
File: #raugh5.png (174KB, 336x320px) Image search: [Google]
#raugh5.png
174KB, 336x320px
>>387130479
So you would find Hanzo and Genji interesting if they were white instead of asian? Fucking hell mate
>>
>>387120547

Limited time events and unlockables is fucking draining and saps all my enthusiasm. I don't want to play on their schedule.
>>
>>387130560
Nice strawman but i didnt fucking say that you sjw cunt.
Why do minorities need quote "representation" in games they are not known for playing?
>>
>>387130165
mcree and ?
>>
Competitive mode killed the fun in the game
>>
>>387130614
Nothing in that post said that. Not an argument.
>>
>>387130692
Junkrat.
>>
>>387130692
>>387130804
Also both criminals.
>>
>>387130560
I did tell you I do not care about Overwatch. I would not even call it diverse. All of them are special people, put in a special world to fight Talon or Overwatch or any other faction. They can add 20 Tibetan goat farmers tomorrow, if they are cool to play, I say nothing. In Overwatch they can add in most things without making it cringey or forced.

I said when it is noteably forced shit. Like a 500 year old nation of acceptance, where white and black or wtf other race you talk about, lived side by side, same way of life, same religion, same traditions. And yet somehow, they are not intermixed?

It is silly damn notion that is how it works.
>>
>only 3 maps and 3 heroes added in an entire fucking year
>the next hero after that year instead of being a desperately needed support is another dive cancer dps with extra no fun instakill
>despite having the roster growing as a snails pace they still can't even balance what they have anyway
>take an age for them to get around to balancing anything, then take even longer to come out because they hold everything back for consoles
>everything is on the ptr forever and still gets released exactly the same, op or not.
>>
File: 1499759867125.gif (35KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
1499759867125.gif
35KB, 200x276px
>>387120547
Because they spent hundreds of millions of dollars marketing the game and everyone with an IQ above 80 soon realised it's as shallow as a puddle. Blizzard's new moneymaking strategy is not consistent, paced out, long term quality it's just making shiny, well polished games with mass market appeal. They then blitz the fucking shit out of the marketing for them to get as many box sales as possible and then sink their grubby hook into as many addicts as they can by packing their games with gambling lootbox bullshit.

You can see this with all their new games, they don't give a fucking shit about sub numbers for WoW any more because they know dumbfucks will make up for the sub fee losses by buying the latest store mount en masse.
>>
>>387129710
>forced in
>People making a game decide to add something
>It's "forced in"
Come on man.
>>
>>387130726
you made a point against overwatch saying that even though the demographic is young white men, only two of them are, so it is an argument
>>
>>387130861
The retarded thing about Overwatch is they had to invent a fantasy country for africa because the continent is such a shithole they couldnt think of any way to represent it that wasnt pure fantasy.
>>
File: deadgame.png (15KB, 331x109px) Image search: [Google]
deadgame.png
15KB, 331x109px
>>387120591

I beg to fucking differ anon. 6 minute que times for quickplay. The search I took this pic from ended up taking over 8 minutes.
>>
>>387130957
this is true and scary. also joe looks like a completely different person with hair
>>
>>387130983
It was a factual observation you retard. There was nothing about what you are saying dumbshit.
>>
>>387130972
You think things are not forced in to fit some kind of new potential market group that will never buy their games anyway?

As if people making the games today can do as t hey please anyway when the suits from owners, stock holders or publisher or god knows what drops by to look.

Guess why Bioware turned more fucked in the last 5 to 10 years? It is not cause they suddenly became hardcore caring for stupid shit but mostly cause the suits dropped by and fucked shit up.
>>
File: deadgame2.png (15KB, 331x109px) Image search: [Google]
deadgame2.png
15KB, 331x109px
>>387131023

Here's another one. Currently up to 4 minutes on this que.
>>
>>387131001
And that there is this future tech "Mecca" of technology too? Atleast they done this shit from the start and did not pick up another setting and raped it with a stick of political agenda.

It is the future and maybe some fucker manages to fix these shit holes and remove religion and shit that hampered down places.
>>
>>387131023
>>387131127
ive been complaining about this shit since i bought it and being told the problem is somehow on my end. glad im not alone
worst thing is when it goes into game after 5+ mins, only for it to be skirmish, only for it to not have enough players
>>
>>387131156
The Oasis university is less weird than Numbani. As someone pointed out though they made all the western nations bombed out shitholes, abandoned or several centuries in the past. While 3rd world regions are all ultra modern.
>>
>>387121170
>>Queue times almost always under a minute
I ALWAYS get put into a skirmish then kicked out because it couldn't find anything
then when I do get in a game somehow it's full of retards who just installed the game against some top level players or something
>>
>>387120547
>only for it to be a ghost town a year later?

You should step outside the /v/ echo chamber for once and get a reality check :^)
>>
>>387130657
From a game design perspective it's completely defensible. Look at tf2. It had 9 classes, each with a unique role and playstyle. They made each one unique in appearance, down to their silhouette, using mostly physiques, height, and weapons to help players keep them apart. There were 6 confirmed white guys, one black scot, one man perpetually in a balaclava, and one in a HAZMAT suit. So, if they had to add in 5 more classes, would they be able to retain the same unique looks with distinctive silhouettes? They'd probably add women and change up skin color more.

Overwatch has even more heroes, and the last thing we need is for them all to blend together as one. When each hero has a different set of skills, abilities, and varying threats posed to you, the player, you want their appearances to be distinctive so you can better learn to play better versus different team comps. If the entire cast was 18-35 white guys, it'd be pretty difficult to give them unique enough appearances that some wouldn't start to blend together.

>Is that McCree?
>No, that's that other guy with a pistol
>no wait it's that OTHER guy
When there are robots, cyborgs, both sexes, and a huge array of races to choose, differentiating characters is easier. I don't want to have to spend 800 hours playing to learn the minute differences between a cast of 26 heroes that all look mostly alike because you couldn't handle a girl or nonwhite appearing in a videogame.
>>
>>387131075
>forced in to fit some kind of new potential market group

So basically you're upset that they're pandering to/advertising to people that are not you. Eat shit. You fuckers call OW a dead game but talk about how OW/PUBG are also the reason nobody is playing Lawbreakers or some other FPS.
I'll explain how business works to you. You make a product to fill a niche, if it's not a niche, then you make a product to sell to as many people as possible. You can hate the game's actual gameplay, but hating it because they added a black man and a latino girl proves you're a fucking shit eater.

>Guess why Bioware turned more fucked in the last 5 to 10 years? It is not cause they suddenly became hardcore caring for stupid shit but mostly cause the suits dropped by and fucked shit up.

You're a fucking idiot. Pay attention almost all the Dragon Age games (despite my personal dislike of them) sold millions. The only place where they dropped the ball was A. TOR and B. Handing Mass Effect to some shit-ass studio of newbies. Sure people can shit on ME3's ending, but we pretty much all agree that the gameplay was solid (though I still prefer the more rpg nature of the first).

Stop fucking talking out of your ass. EA is not breathing down bioware's back telling them, "You must add gay characters and trans characters." Bioware is doing that on their own.
>>
>>387131273
What year is it in Overwatch? There is not a single sign or prognosis in real life that Africa or Middle Arabland even will be technophiles dream lands in the next 50 or 100 years
>>
>>387131438
>don't want to have to spend 800 hours playing
800 hours to be able to open your fucking eyes are you literally retarded
>>
>>387131023
so quickplay is dead? I only queue for ranked and i have no problems getting into games and im at 3800ish. They should probably give more incentive for quickplay like increased xp or something
>>
>>387131485
Around 2070-2080
>>
>>387131468
Correction.
I never said Overwatch is a dead game.
You mix me up with others.

The forced in got nothing to do with Overwatch. I just pointed out that this shit happens. If you don't think it happens, Well, why has games become more and more simple in mechanics and depths since the mainstream suddenly took interesting in the filthy nerdy hobby?

Also, EA is fucking up Bioware games. They asked them to make a MMORPG out of Inquisition, suddenly at the end of the production they told them to change path and make a fucking single player RPG out of it.

Mass Effect Andromeda....might have sold a lot but it also killed that part of the Bioware name.

ME3 was solid? The writing was worse, more corridor running to get to knee high shooting galleries. Unfinished quests just listening in on convos, flying to planet random, fly back home. Most options meaning nothing in the end of a great trilogy? The third game had the best combat, which got boring fast meeting the same sort of enemy types with the same sort of knee high covers in similar looking places.

Bioware is a dying company.
>>
>>387131438
Are you actually saying that all white people look the same or that they couldn't use the same design principles they use now to make a white character distinct?
>>
>>387131558
It is not dead. People probably got other issues or it is dead in other areas beside Europe.

>>387131672
Right, good luck with that! It is fiction but it is a silly notion.
>>
>>387131829
>a white character
Correction: twenty five white (male, young) characters. I'm sure someone could do it but why gimp yourself when you could much more easily make characters distinct based on voices, accents, age, sex, and skin color?
>>
File: JDPt21M.jpg (15KB, 404x141px) Image search: [Google]
JDPt21M.jpg
15KB, 404x141px
>>387131023
Here's a good one. I gave up after 11 minutes and just played something else.
>>
>>387132271
Do you every try to restart it?

People have connection issueds with the game. I get loading loops. I think this might be what you have to. Perhaps just manifested bit differently.
>>
>>387132271
Also I start to notice the same names in the lobby.
>>
File: 1480705179466.jpg (367KB, 2048x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1480705179466.jpg
367KB, 2048x1552px
I like how Widowmaker's whole point is her nice ass and yet the fucking bikini costume covers it up as haram.

Fucking Blizzjews and their SJW panels.
>>
>>387131023
>playing on PC
Desu on PS4 I always find a match in under a minute
>>
>>387132373
>I like how Widowmaker's whole point is her nice ass and yet the fucking bikini costume covers it up as haram.
>Fucking Blizzjews and their SJW panels.

Words of truth.
>>
>>387131438
>All white people look the same
>But I'm not the racist one here
>>
>>387130695
Comp was a blessing. Got all of the toxic kids out of QP
>>
>>387132501
A 25 hero cast of 100% any race would be difficult to tell apart, retard. Kill yourself
>>
>>387132373
Im surprised no one has removed the sarong from the model yet.
>>
>>387122593
Funny how people thought Overwatch would kill TF2 but both Overwatch and TF2 committed suicide.

Also, how is Quake Champions?
>>
>>387132256
You are ignoring the fact they made all the females young white women (even the asian ones) when they are canonically old.
>>
>>387132560
What are clothes and armor? Helms? Body Shape? Weapons?

Race has little to do with it. I mean fuck, Warframe has 33 Frames, half male half female. They're all distinct from each other, and gender is not the reason why. Even if you look at just the male frames or just the female frames they are all distinct within their subset.
>>
>>387132560
Retard
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (57KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
57KB, 800x850px
Cut dry and simple, OW is targeted towards normies. Think about it; simplified gameplay, easy-to-pickup, the amount of coverage the game gets. As long as the market exists, normies will swarm towards it.
>>
>>387132639
They are both still extremely active games, wtf are you talking about?
>>
guys play overwatch again please I'm tired of waiting 5 mnutes for each game it's not fun
>>
>>387132813
have you played OW recently? 2-3 minute ques for 12 player games
compare that to actual popular games like PUBG, ques take less than 5 second to find 100 players
>>
>>387132879
The skill based matchmaking drives the time up. Roll a fresh account and compare
>>
>>387132879
My queues generally take ~1:30. Still reasonable, as even LoL can see those queue times. If you want to call a game dead, make sure you know what a dead game is like. Go try to get a match in GunZ 2. Even more difficult, try to get 2 consecutive games without having the same 8 or so people in both.
>>
>>387132373
They still haven't topped her default outfit.
>>
>>387129569
They're dumb shooters catered to normalfags and plebeians. That's close enough to me.
>>
>>387133120
Yes they have holy shit this outfit makes me diamonds
>>
>it's a fucking Pixaresque setting that happens to feature a ton of cartoony characters for people of all ages
>/pol/ is as always the premier futurologists in their field with 102% accurate predictions
>it's not like Marvel didn't invent Wakanda many years ago
>it's not like Land of Magical Negros isn't as old as the steam engine at this point
>it's not like it's a fucking fantasy superhero game
>"western world being shit" is entirely cherry-picked; the game makes a pretty big point that life is kinda difficult everywhere, otherwise you wouldn't have armed forces constantly brawling in public space
>Torbjorn has 37 kids but the game is about propagating race-mixing and erasure of the white race
>Reinhardt has a Bundeswehr skin that basically screams "I'm proud of being German and representing Germany", something /pol/ claims is entirely haram in the Western world

>>387132753
Okay, but why the fuck wouldn't you make those black characters because you thought it would be cool?

Does the fucking Demoman trigger you as much, you fucking tumblrite?

I find a huge-ass tribal Luke Cage while I play a battle-hardened old sniper lady who still is badass in spite of being old barreling down on me to be pretty cool. What would making those characters white fix? What would it add, what would it remove? What harm is there?
>>
>>387133297
Anon dont you think Scots were a little pissed the scottish character was a negro?
>>
>>387133423
I'm not agreeing with the faggot you're replying to but I'd imagine most Scots wouldn't care, they're a bunch of self-loathing multiculti socialist cunts.
>>
>>387132373
God her tattoo looks so shitty.
>>
>>387133110
Gunz 2 deserved to die
>>
>>387133297
>Strawmanning this hard
Not everyone on /v/ is the same person anon.

All I pointed out is that you could have a cast of 25 white males that were still clearly distinct from each other. I'm not the one that can't imagine 2 white guys not looking like each other. Of course there are cool black characters, but that's irrelevant to the claim "A 25 hero cast of 100% any race would be difficult to tell apart, retard. Kill yourself"
>>
>>387120858
>>387131023
>>387131127
>>387132271
What the fuck, I play and I've never had such shit queue times.

Of course, I'm probably the exception and you're having what everyone else is having right :^)
>>
>>387133495
Yeah but deep down scots care. How many times do they get a character, not many. Also they are a bit touchy about being compared to negroes.
Overwatch has the same issue Lucio was supposed to be a canadian but they made him brazilian at the last minute (they also seem to be ignoring canada exists)
>>
>>387132627
Sarong?? Do you think you're posting on a SEA competitive egg snorting imageboard?
>>
>>387133667
Shoo shoo brainlet shitposter
>>
>>387120547
The game is simply not very good. It's hard to retain players when they're not having fun.
>>
>>387120858
>>387131023
>>387131127
>>387132271
>When I queue for the arcade mode no one plays at 5 AM on a weekday my queues are long! Dead game!
>>
>>387130119
Nailed it.

>Focus Group: The Game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (350KB, 916x231px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
350KB, 916x231px
>>387129918
>perma 4th streamed game on twitch
you call this alive? it's just koreans watching this shit because every other game is banned by xinping
>>
>>387133626
Pretty sure it's the other way around I must have some connection issue. Even after one year a game like overwatch can't possibly have even 5 minutes queue times like I regularly have. Most infuriating thing is that despite that I still have a majority of unbalanced games with stomps.
>>
>>387133858
>Korean peak hours have korean streamers at the top
>American/Euro early morning hours don't have American/Euro streamers at the top
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>387133767
There are literally people from all over the world in one region, you should still be matched against someone even at those hours.
>>
>>387120858
lel, long queue times. I play on fucking console and its about 30 seconds to find a game, even shorter during peak hours.
>>
>>387133939
>early morning
it's literally 4PM in europe
>>
>>387133823
Its also why the game has a toxic hellhole Community.
>try to appeal to everyine
>surprised they cant cooperate, cant be nice to each other or cant play the game
>>
>>387133767
What makes you think I'm queuing at 5am ? Also for a game like overwatch the inability of finding players at 5am is still a pretty bad sign. I don't remember I had these problems with CoD for example.
>>
>>387133423
I'm assuming nobody actually cared and the Demo's entire identity is heavily lampshaded as being batshit insane (as his monologue in Meet the Demoman seems to entail).

>>387133543
I didn't make the effort to actually quote every post I found grievance with, for which I hereby apologise, because that definitely caused some confusion here. I should not have called you in particular "a fucking tumblrite".

I do find the general trend for the conspiracy theories regarding Overwatch being a propaganda tool for race-mixing to be entirely retarded, shitting up a thematic board that, in spite of its reputation, has seen plenty of quality discussion.

Like, if you're gonna shit on it - which you're entitled to, and I can really understand some points in spite of really liking this game - at least do it with all those informative .webms and actual discussion. I love reading thoughts of Quake and TF2 pros about the game even if they're negative, or that one .webm that showed a Soldier rollout compared to Pharah's rollout.
>>
>>387133978
Eastern Europe, yeah. Do you really expect the Serbians to be more interested in streams, at 4PM, than Koreans at peak hours?
>>
>>387134041
I remember when the demo was released it was ridiculed.
>>
File: 1458491876575.jpg (281KB, 966x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1458491876575.jpg
281KB, 966x1005px
>TF2 dies down to 60k players
>has community servers if Valve ever shuts it down

>Overwatch dies down to 60k players
>no community servers, it's 100% dependent on Blizzard
>>
>>387134205
>has community servers if Valve ever shuts it down
>Is still dependant on Valve servers to host the server list
>Would still have to be downloaded and launched through Steam
>>
I've always said it but most of Overwatch sales probably came from consoles, I get long queue times every once in a while too, especially when there hasn't been any big updates in a while, it's like most people on PC only play for the week an update comes out then drops it until the next update is out
>>
>>387134205
Theyll add bots to the game and release all the pve content they are holding onto
>>
>>387134298

Steam is one thing (and let's face it, not likely to die ever) but you don't need Valve to host community servers at all
>>
Cause everybody Is investing time into the Nintendo Switch
>>
>>387134298
Not the guy but there is deader games still hosted by Steam. EA would drop TF2 like a boiling lava boulder into the lake, long ago and made TF6 by now.
>>
>>387134342
>not likely to die ever
What about some dystopian future where Tencent, the chinese Steam, takes over ?
>>
>>387134342
He's talking about the master server list, the menu where you can search and find TF2 game servers.
That itself is a database hosted by Valve. If that shuts down you'd need to find and type the IP of the community server manually
>>
File: tencent.jpg (1MB, 816x4080px) Image search: [Google]
tencent.jpg
1MB, 816x4080px
>>387134446

Tencent can't even keep League of Retards alive
>>
>>387134587
Jokes on you, I'm supporting them directly by playing Monster Hunter Online. Tencent is the future of video games and television.
>>
>>387134732
Not if 4chan says no.
>>
>>387134587
This is why so many western games have suspiciously large amounts of chinese content added chinese. Most moba/moba-fps have chinese characters and events. I'm kind of sick of it.
>>
>>387120547
>1 new map a month
>1 new hero every 6/8 weeks
>option to pick and choose what maps or modes you want to play
>New skins added permanently, so you can still farm Streetwalker Mercy outfit 3 months later
>Actual new comp rewards
>Comp has different modifiers from standard modes, no passive ult charge, lose ult on death, lower TTK, etc.

Would any of this make you play again?
>>
>>387134587
Why are chinamen so incapable of creating anything of their own? Did communism completely rob them of creativity?
>>
>>387133893
I have two accounts, in the first my queues don't exceed 1 minute, in the second account I have to wait up to 5 minutes every time.

Same SR rank, but in the first one I have like 500 rank of playing and the second one like 80.
>>
>>387131023
>>387131127
Post your rank.
>>
By fucking with the balancing, adding heroes nobody wanted, and never adding new maps like everyone wanted
>>
>>387135198
They thinking stealing is morally right.
>>
Im in master but i never have to wait longer than a minute even when im playing early in the morning...huh but i'll take your word for it my man.
>>
>>387135274
Conspiracy time : have you been negative in the chat or on the forum with the second account ?
>>
OW won't die because of how accessible and masturbatory it is. from the beginning it was designed to jerk the player off, even for mediocre performances. which results in a "we're never losing because of me" attitude. and if someone isn't getting showered with pseudo-elims and empty gold medals then they have less fun and instantly start looking for someone else to blame.

not only that but people realized in season 4 that SR doesn't mean shit and they'd sooner throw a match than try to "carry" teammates they deem to be unworthy. this means stubborn off meta picks, trash talkers and one tricks means a throw most of the time.

the constant 50/50 stomps aren't fun, and listening to bitchy teammates isn't fun, never mind the shitty balancing where mobility is king and anything else gets you reported for "throwing"
>>
>has never heard the term "flavour of the month game"
>doesn't understand why dayz was successful
>doesn't understand why overwatch was successful
>doesn't understand why pubg was successful
>>
>>387135542
>overwatch was succesful
>pubg WAS succesful
>WAS
lmfao stop dude
>>
>>387120858
30 million payers
>>
>>387120547
>HEY GUYS LETS MAKE A GAME FOR ESPORTS SEEING AS HEATHSTONE WAS SUCH A HIT
>YEAH LETS DO IT
*doesn't balance around competitive scene*
I have no idea man.
>>
>>387135542
Anon overshit is a year old.

Fact is they overhyped the shit out of this shit game for an entire year and its burnt out everyone that touched it. You cant have a game simply surviving on hype forever.
>>
>>387135604
>using semantics to argue literally nothing
Okay dude
>>
>>387134587
The chinese are basically trying to buy out all entertainment in the west so they can brainwash westerners into self destruction.
>>
>year later

Nice record considering the average Video game community dies within weeks nowadays
>>
My queue time never goes over like 25 seconds.

Get fucked you cherry picking fags
>>
>>387135472
I behave the same with the two accounts.

At first I was being paired fast with legit people who played very badly, then the queues began to rise and the game paired me against people with low rank but more skill. Smurfs I suppose.

Then I played with some friends, they where 100/200 QP rank, queues increased even more, to 5 minute.

I have played alone for a long time after that, but queues are still in the 5 min.
>>
>>387135897
Nope. Considering old blizzards games lasted for decades and are still played.
All their new games have died within a year.
>>
>>387120547
We must have different definitions of ghost town.
>>
>>387129710
>Fuck that, there is natural and normal ways to add in different people with diffferent cultures and shit but forced is just lame as fuck.

Like the game being global and multicultural from inception? How much more fucking natural do you want?
>>
File: laughingbatcheese.jpg (15KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
laughingbatcheese.jpg
15KB, 184x184px
>>387129265
>he actually believes this
>>
>>387135521
>won't die
>proceeds to explain whats killing it
Its dead
>>
Just because you NEETS have to wait a minute or 2 to find a match at 4:48 am doesn't mean shit. The majority of people that play (normies) have jobs and school to go to and play during peak internet hours from like 4 pm - 9pm
>>
>>387136181
Wouldn't be the first time jew-like tenancies and microtransactions kill a game entirely.
>>
>>387120547
I hate overwatch but this fucking "Ded gaem" meme is friggin retarded.
>>
>>387120547
Granted OW was a fun game, but it wasn't Blizzard that made it a massive success. It was band-wagoning normies. This always happens, a game is chosen by the normie community and is flooded until the next "popular" thing comes along.
>>
>>387136281
Something needed to replace the tortanic shit.
>>
File: mannerheim.jpg (65KB, 736x448px) Image search: [Google]
mannerheim.jpg
65KB, 736x448px
>>387130180
>Like having Jackie Chan play Vladimir Lenin or some shit or Michael Caine playing Nelson Mandela
>>
>>387134560
That's not a problem at all. There's already sites up like teamwork.tf which host community servers
>>
>>387135676
Literally 600k players playing PUBG at this moment. But i guess that's the just flavor of the month...damn you got me good man
>>
>>387120547
>me
>Average rank (2200)
>larger part of the bell curve
>play game
>2:30 que
>2 throwers
>lose
>block them
>try to play again
>3:00 que says avarage is :30
>SAME FUCKING THROWERS ON MY TEAM AGAIN
>lose again
>double check i blocked them
>them is
>try again
>2:30 que
>both the thrower on the other team
>win

3 matchs with the same people on "on" hours and +2 que times. This is not the only time this happened. How the fuck can anyone say this game isn't dying.
>>
The game will continue to thrive so long as there's porn.
>>
>>387136652
You're right, we should forget that games like CSGO, Overwatch, WoW, and others have all died seemingly overnight
>>
>>387120547
Even normies realize how low the skill ceiling is after a year.
>>
>>387136792
CS:GO is the third most popular game on steam, after Dota2 and PUBG. Are you fucking kidding?
>>
>>387136765
Chinese Shills
>>
>>387120547
Well the only people who still care about the game are "muh competitive" "gamers" and twitchbabys
>>
>>387136856
>Major patch releases have gone from every 3 months to every 9 months
>"devs care about csgo"
>>
>>387136985
Csgo doesnt need content. Overshit cant survive without it. The game is just not good enough.
>>
>>387136985
>game has half a million regular players
>it's dead because it gets updated less frequently
This is some of the most retarded logic i've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>387136792
Wow didnt die overnight
>>
>>387137173
Moba baby mentality those sort of games are patched regularly to keep moba baby cretins imterested.
>>
>>387135748
Westerners are already doing a good job of that without assistance.
>>
>>387121170
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387136765
>me
>High rank (3600)
>play game
>0:24 que(ue)
>intense game, everyone is communicating and carrying their weight
>win
>queue to play again
>less than 10 second queue says average is :30
>3 TEAMMATES ARE THE SAME BECAUSE WE WON AND ARE AT A SIMILAR SR THAT'S WHY THEY GET MATCHED TOGETHER WITH ME YOU FUCKING MORON
>win again
>double check i i prefer player them
>them is
>play again
>0:20 queue
>same temmates again
>win

This is not the only time this happened. How the fuck can anyone say this game isn't dying? (not dot you fucking subhuman kid nice grammar)
>>
>>387137456
Have you considered the chinese are the ones doing it?
Who do you think funded the civil rights movement?
>>
>>387137415
K man, try again with less buzzwords and more proofreading, mmkay?
>>
>>387137667
Jews
>>
>>387137747
>butthurt
Truth hurts kid. Mobas have "metas" enforced by periodic change to keep retards thinking the game is cinstantly changing.
Note that grown up games don't require monthly patches.
>>
>>387120547
Yeah man OW is definitely dead. Your opinion has been validated and you can move on with your life.
>>
>>387137768
It was the Chinese communist party anon. They also funded the rebels in Rhodesia and South Africa.
>>
Overwatch was never popular. Blizzard simply had their top notch marketing team push the game into the limelight due to several manufactured and carefully constructed controversies.

As an actual game, Overwatch is NOTHING compared to Splatoon.
>>
>>387137947
You had me until the last sentence, anon. I genuinely laughed.
>>
>>387137947
The game has a ridiculous shill marketer presence on social media.
Its been guerrila marketed more than any movie ive ever seen.
>>
>>387125223
>v pretending its any better than reddit
You guys are a way bigger cancer
>>
>>387137854
>mobas have "metas" enforced by periodic change to keep retards thinking the game is cisntantly (no proofreading again) changing.

I love how you say there's periodic change, but only retards think the game is changing? Are you fucking retarded? Don't answer that, a rhetorical question.
>>
File: Laughing Squids.jpg (8KB, 134x123px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Squids.jpg
8KB, 134x123px
>>387138010
You've never played Splatoon, have you?

There's a very good reason Blizzard fanboys don't go after this game. It took Blizzard's idea of making a 'colorful' shooter and truly did something unique and creative with it. Overwatch is incredibly generic in comparison. Most people feel as if it's not even as good as TF2.
>>
>Diablo 3
>sells 30 million copies
>dead on arrival
>Overwatch
>sells 30 million copies
>dead within a year

really gets my noggin a-joggin
>>
>>387120547
Awful updates and pandering to feminists.
>>
>>387138128
>arbitarily change some numbers in the game
>retards think the game is evolving seasonally like a trading card game
Its all to impress simpeltons like yourself. Its why people like you that talk for hours aboit balance are fools.
>>
>>387138132
Nigger please, Splatoon is an actual kids game, even more casual than Overwatch and that's saying something.
>>
File: 91a.jpg (34KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
91a.jpg
34KB, 600x792px
>>387120547
Is anyone actually enjoying the new DM modes in the PTR?
I think their pretty fun
>>
>>387133858
Koreans don't watch Twitch bro they have their own korean streaming services
>>
>>387120547
pubg happened
>>
File: 1502486289322.png (317KB, 1079x574px) Image search: [Google]
1502486289322.png
317KB, 1079x574px
>>387121170
IT HAS A LOT OF VIEWS IN TWITCH! IT IS NOT DEAD GUYS!
>>
>>387134313
I have both PC and PS4 versions of the game and I'll say the gameplay, atmosphere, and community is way better and more laid back on PS4, kind of like the pre-hat TF2 community was. The PC community for the most part still sees it as some E-sport super serious game when in reality its a great game to have fun in and people should invest more time in creating great custom games. Blizz should also make some kind of map editor/better custom game creator if they want the game to last like Halo 3 did
>>
>>387138257
For the love of god you fucking cunt, PROOFREAD YOUR POSTS. your points are already retarded, your spelling just amplifies your retardation. With that out of the way:
>Its why people like you that talk for hours aboit balance are fools.

When did i mention balance once you fucking idiot? You're actually just pulling things out of your ass now.
>arbitrarily change some numbers in the game
Just because you say arbitrarily before it doesn't mean it isn't change. If the game is getting changed it's changing, no amount of mental gymnastics will help you deny this. OH and by the way why is this a MOBA discussion now, last time i checked we were talking about CS, PUBG and Overwatch.
>>
>>387138424
Eh, I prefer the opinions of someone who has actually played both games, thanks.
>>
File: widow.jpg (199KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
widow.jpg
199KB, 672x672px
>>387122885
It's not dead but it's bleeding out pretty fast.
>>
>>387136792
WoW has been steadily declining over like 4 years and still has the largest MMO player base. I wouldn't exactly call that dying but it is sad that its a shell of what it used to be
>>
File: 5-Star Post.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5-Star Post.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>387138738
>The PC community for the most part still sees it as some E-sport super serious game when in reality its a great game to have fun in and people should invest more time in creating great custom games.
For real, this. QP and comp are infested with salty faggots, I just fuck around in arcade now and have fun regardless of what happens because the custom modes are typically pretty good. I just wish the RP shit wasn't clogging the damn browser.
>>
Overwatch players moved.onto the next fotm game, pubg
>>
>>387138829
Yeah, i played Splatoon for like 20 minutes on my 12 year old cousin's switch. You and him would probably get along pretty well rofl
>>
I don't see it ever dying unless something with even stronger waifu game will come out. It's engaging to us casuals who aren't willing to spend 10k hours to perfect our aim skills.

>>387132373
The new skin's purpose is to make us appreciate her boobs you doofus, the default one is already great for the ass.

The real tragedy is the helmet in the default model which will make every new skin have a huge head/hair.
>>
>>387125143
>game about heroes gathering from all over the world
>complain when it has racial diversity

I guess Street Fighter and Punch-Out are SJW propaganda too now?
>>
>>387138763
Oh no its retarded.
They are typos you fucking cretin nice ad hominem.
You just don't understand whats being said to you because you are the type of underage retard moba companies appeal to.
>>
>>387120858

But it's not. You're just shitposting.

You want an example of a nearly dead game? Look at TF2.
>>
>>387138132
splatoon is fucking dumb garbage designed for kids who suck so bad at shooters that itd be better for them to just shoot the map all day
>>
>>387139024
>can't spell but calls me retarded
>complains about ad hominems but calls me retarded and doesn't respond to my points because, obviously he can't come up with more bullshit

hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>387139059
Fucking this.
The only ones playing TF2 anymore are autists that can't let go and actual children
>>
What is it about overwatch that attracts reddit so much bros?
>>
>>387139165

Even the kids have moved on.
>>
>>387120858
Sorry, but unlike you and 99% of /v/ I actually spend more time playing vidya instead of shit posting on here
>>
>>387138763
Look you are an idiot Overwatch is a fps moba its the same fucking shit in fps format you cocksucking moron. The point was games like CSGO don't need regular patches they are finished! The longevity is because they are good.
Mona games are fucking boring so need constantly new content and balance patches to artificially create longevity. By continually changing the strategy to play.
>>
File: AIC02.png (192KB, 1187x889px) Image search: [Google]
AIC02.png
192KB, 1187x889px
>Reminder that Blizzard had the biggest quarterly online player community in its history with a record 46 million MAUs, up 38% year-over-year. MAUs have doubled since early 2015.
>Reminder that Blizzard had all-time record DAUs
>Reminder that The Overwatch community continued to grow more than a year after launch, setting another all-time MAUB record with the release of two seasonal events in the quarter
>Reminder that Hearthstone MAUs grew year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter to an all-time record, driven by its expansion, Journey to Un'Goro
>Reminder that World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion.
>Reminder that Blizzard plans to release another large content drop this quarter, with more details at Gamescom.
>Reminder that There are multiple dedicated incubation teams working on new games, experiences, or IPs being lead by some of the most experienced game designers at Blizzard. The company is thinking about different platforms, especially mobile,
>>
>>387139175
braindead skinned bx
>>
>>387139175
Please explain to me this Reddit vs 4chan internet faction war
>>
>>387139130
I'm using a touch device you fucking cretinous spastic nice ad hominem
Not
An
Argument
>>
>>387138576
did you not notice the picture?
>>
>>387139269
Yeah, man FUCK NEW CONTENT. It's ARTIFICIAL BULLSHIT TO MAKE THE GAME LAST LONGER!!!! I, for one prefer that the game never gets updated no bugs get fixed and i get to play in the same stale meta for the game's lifetime. CONTENT SUCKS DICK!
>>
>>387121554
>so popular yet it's so fucking shallow?

Thats why its popular
>>
>>387139130
>can't refute the anon
>focuses on typos
At least admit you don't know what you are talking about. This is embarassing.
>>
>>387130119
this
>>
>>387139464
Angry moba baby mad he too dumb to understand waaa.
Lol kys dumbshit keep playing your never balanced games.
>>
>>387139302
>Diablo 3 is not mentioned at all
KEK
>>
>>387120547
People are attracted to shiny objects. Sadly this isn't something you can maintain for very long, meaning cash-grab games work best.
>>
>>387139479
But i did refute him but instead of responding to my points, he decides to cry about me calling him out on his typos, which he needs to fucking fix btw.
>>
>>387120547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_znlHwsH0
>>
>>387139464
>game released with bugs
>game doesn't have all content on release
>constant balances issues
>this anon is ok with this as a product
You are literally the CANCER killing video games
Kll your fucking self you absolute dumb fuck.
>>
>>387139534
>can't refute
>ur dum kill urself

Nice talking to you man, you're very intelligent for a 12 year old with autism.
>>
>>387138648
That was for the world championship tourney
>>
>>387139643
You didn't refute shit. You had a whinge about obvious typos and didn't refute the argument that shitty moba games are continually patched to create false longevity.
Also you are a fucking tard for buying games on release in a bugged state.
>>
>>387139751
Another one that can't type and ends up telling me to kill myself because his points are garbage. Please give me a list of games that were released with no bugs and had no balancing issues.
>>
>>387139951
>durr durrr
Idiot.
>>
>>387120547
It's not. I'm sick to death of Overwatch and never liked it much but you can find a match in any game mode extremely quickly.
>>
>>387139951
Kill yourself cancer.
>>
>>387140035
Nice list man, classic response.
>>
>>387139951
>its ok for games to be bugged and poorly made on release

No its not dumbass.
>>
File: 1461531811185.png (263KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461531811185.png
263KB, 800x600px
>>387138424
>Splatoon is an actual kids game
That doesn't mean it's bad, kike.

still buttmad after being backstabbed?
>>
>>387139935
>>387140035
>>387140118
Hahahaha, damn the entire kindergarden class is after me you boys need some cream for your asshole?
>>
>>387140178
You just exemplify the sort of retard that plays mobas
>>
>>387120547
>threads everyday
game is alive and well :)
>>
>>387140276
Don't ever reproduce.
>>
>>387140035
>>387140118
You're not doing a good job of proving him wrong. Here's a tip, being angry and using insults doesn't constitute an argument.
>>
>>387140297
Still waiting on that list :>
>>
>>387140389
Protip: ad hominem isn't an argument and writing all caps angry responses that don't even discuss the argument which is what that retarded anon opened with.
i know its you retard.
>>
>>387120547
Same thing is happening with Diablo 3.
There are only a few hundred people playing if it's not within a week from the last season start.
>>
>>387140397
>>387140276
This is me. The guy who's points you can't refute because you're a little angry baby.

>>387140389
This is the only other person in the argument that has higher than double digit IQ
>>
File: randy.jpg (92KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
92KB, 600x800px
>>387140310
just like battleborn r-right?
>>
>>387140389
Funny because this was their stupid post.

>>387138763 not very bright is it?
>>
All these threads about Overwatch being dead and using queue times as proof.

Are there any actual play stats on the game that show how dead it is?
>>
>>387140658
You are low iq anon.
>ppprooof read yyyour posts
Are you retarded? Do you think 4chan is an essay?
>>
>>387140531
>more than one person can't possibly think insults and angry responses don't count as an argument
>>
>>387140678
>not very bright is it?

What isn't bright? I'm sorry, i left my autist translator at home :<
>>
>>387140748
Blizzard guards their player stats with their lives
>>
>>387140748
no, blizzard hides them very well.
>>
>>387140786
Which is the only thing that idiot has done.
Nice samefagging you low iq mentally ill loser.
>>
>>387140783
>Are you retarded?

No that's why i'm having such a difficulty understanding you
>>
>>387140929
>waah anon insulted my mobas
Reeeetard
>>
>>387140929
How can someone who is this defensive about mobas be smart?
You know mobas are one unit rts games right kid?
They are specially designed for low iq shitters such as yourself.
>>
>>387140748
>Are there any actual play stats on the game that show how dead it is?
Blizzard only shows their numbers if it makes them look good.
>>
>>387140978
Responding to that wrong post or what?

>>387141089
>mobas are one unit rts games right kid?
Yeah, cause that makes sense lol
>>
>>387140929
You forgot your fullstop you illiterate moron.
>>
>>387141231
Confirmed underageb& mobas came from warcraft 3.
Stop posting anytime.
>>
It's not dead, but it's pretty low out there.

The reason is simple from what Isee: Meta shifting. It's the same reason HotS is so fucking dead.

Meta shifting works well in traditional MOBAs because after you've been burdened with learning about all the characters, counters, items, skills, runes, etc you want to make proper use of it and learning how to abuse changes in items that will shift the meta around gets you more out what you already spent so much learning.

This doesn't translate to 'casual' well, at all. Overwatch is a pick up and play whenever you want game where you're not learning much you just learn the skillset of about 10 heroes and you're done. No items, no runes, nothing fancy, just the skillset.

This means that when the skillset changes in a way that shifts the meta you're not inclined to bother with it as much because it's not as new and exciting because you're not as invested in it. This bores most people, they move on, meta shifting was always shit, people just put up with it in MOBAs because they already wasted so much time learning the items initially.
>>
>>387141265
>complain about me pointing out his spelling is shit for 20 posts
>complain about something as inconsequential as a full stop.

The difference between me and him is i can type proper words and you don't have to read my post 7 times to understand what the fuck i'm saying, unless you're in kindergarden which you probably are :>
>>
>>387141416
Who is him? No one cares. Stupid faggot.
>>
>>387141391
OK, farewell my illiterate middle schooler friend.
>>
>>387138132
I think the real reason people don't go after Splatoon is because no one wants to own a dead console like the Wiiu and Switch.
>>
>>387120547
It was always a disparate mess in terms of story, visuals, and longevity scheme.

Had to come down at some point.
>>
>>387141528
See>>387141413
>>
>>387136181
>Hundreds of games to shill in
>People are tired of MTX and blatant super-jewery is something that turn most people off
>New games come out and most people will be playing those for aweek-month
>Look back at PUBG or other games with superjew tendencies
>Realize the mistake and now that they're not IN IT they can safely step around it.

Overwatch is in the same boat but blizzdrones keep that shit afloat, Flat box price+MTX is elder jew tier.
>>
>>387120547
People will buy and play anything because it has the Blizzard logo on it. Doesn't mean the game will be good and that they will stick around.
Blizz probably has even more undeserved goodwill than even Valve.
>>
>>387141528
Brainlet
>>
>game is dying because I want it dead!

Why do people here get so angry at video games? No one's forcing you to play the ones you don't like, so what's with the constant raging shitfits?
>>
>>387141706
The only people raging are overwatch shills.
>>
The people invested in this game are so up themselves and are driving people away, on forums, in the game and here.
Say anything remotely less thhan positive about overwatch and you get this wall of blizzdrone noise trolling coming at you.
>>
>>387132271
I hate this game but unless you specify what mode and region you're queued for and what rnak you are then literally who cares
>>
>>387141765
>people whining about the game existing and hoping it dies because they hate it
>"ROFLCOPTER THAT'S THE SHILLS PRAISING OVERWATCH!"

Are you from Bizarro World, or just incredibly stupid?
>>
>>387120547
the magic of advertising and memes
>>
>>387141972
Just read your posts dude. You sound like a very angry stupid person. You have my pity.
>>
>>387121170

On what fucking planet?
>>
>>387142173
Its a shill
>>
>>387142094
>ask a question
>answer is "I'm rubber you're glue"
>point out how dumb that is
>"lol u mad"

Are you capable of making an intelligent statement?
>>
>>387142285
>shills are not mad!
>responds with meme tier mad rambling
Lol ok.
>>
it is still a pretty popular game, but it's also still incredibly mediocre. A very typical modern Blizzard game
>>
>>387142360
>assuming things

I know anonymity allows you to be as retarded as you want without threat of reprecussion, but the "If everyone ran off a cliff I'd do it too" mentality doesn't make you hip or cool or winning against your boogiemen.
>>
>>387137654
Reminder that most people are not high ranked.
>>
>>387142516
inb4 I was pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>387142646
I know you're not pretending.
>>
>>387142751
I'm not that anon guy.
>>
>>387142609
So if i'm getting short queue times on master it's even lower on shitter ranks that most of /v/ are on. Of course they'll say it takes them 6 gorrilion minutes to get matched and they won't provide proof.
>>
>>387142863
From what Iv'e seen, bronze/silver takes forever and everything else is pretty quick.
QP still takes like 5 seconds though.
>>
I quit last year and here are some reasons why I think the train is slowing down
>Maps are boring and bad
>customization is non-existent and lootboxes are boring after the 30th one
>Characters are even MORE boring, the new added characters are bad
>blizzard cant balance
>>
>>387142863
at 2200 and i get a party in <15 seconds when I play at like 7pm est on a week day
>>
>>387120547
Can someone explain to my why queue time is 30 seconds?
>>
>>387144617
I have a theory brewing in my mind.
My queue times are 30s tops during prime time, but I play nothing but tanks or support.
Do you by any chance insta lock genji or hanzo every time you play?
>>
>>387122312
If you want constant new heroes then play a moba you cancerous fuck
>>
>>387120547
I dont really care.
They never make SFMs from Zarya, so I dont care about this shitty game anymore.
>>
>>387120858
Kinda late but how are you going to say twitch viewers dont matter but esports does
>>
It's just smart business. If you have a product that you only have to pay for once it wouldn't be beneficial money wise to keep your player base high. The faster the player base drops, the better it is for Blizzard because they'll save money on server costs.

They already have your money, now it's time for you to fuck off.
>>
>>387145956
because this is nu-/v/ and mlg isn't a joke anymore
>>
>>387146260
I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to have lots of active players buying magic gypsy boxes
>>
>>387120547
What do you mean?

I'm playing it right now.
>>
>>387146545
Most people already have all the cosmetics they want after 100 hours or so.
>>
>>387120547
The only thing that's changed is how much people complain now.

I am pumped for grinding lootboxes on Deathmatch
>>
>>387147470
Which is why they'd want to draw in new customers as much as possible, and also periodically release new cosmetics.
>>
>>387147973
Yeah well if they keep releasing sjw pandering skins instead of sexy swimsuit girls then they won't pull anyone in.
>>
>>387123947
>put people from your nearby area to the nearby server so the ping can be kept minimum, while also put people with the closest rank into a game

Fucking lies, I am only lvl 60 and I get thrown into matches with 3 or more silver players who are lvl 600+
The matchmaking is a fucking joke
>>
>>387148709
Plus the queue takes fucking 5+ minutes
>>
>>387139165

Autist manbaby here. I moved on.
>>
>>387131558
10 to 20 second queues for quickplay in Eastern U.S
It's always faster than comp for me.
>>
>>387148709
Your level is not the same as your hidden skill level that they use for matchmaking.
>>
>>387139059
This though. I can't let go and my only hope is the fucking pyro update. Which will actually fucking suck, considering their previous update.
>>
STILL MAD?
>>
>>387131127
>>387132271
>MMR so low they can't find anyone to play with
Get cucked by blizz
>>
depends, how many people would be willing to play the same exact match over and over again for a year or more straight?
>>
i don't even give a shit about overwatch is just want my tf2 youtubers back.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.