[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is video games allowed four fucking containment boards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: normalTest.jpg (248KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
normalTest.jpg
248KB, 512x512px
Why is video games allowed four fucking containment boards?

/v/ - eceleb and console wars
/vr/ - nostalgia and defunct console wars
/vg/ - tripfagging and larping
/vp/ - tripfagging and larping about "pokemon"
>>
Also if its video game news with any form of political slant which is +50% of it nowadays, it can only be discussed on /pol/. I agree OP, this board has an identity crisis.
>>
>>387120528
Why not make /vpol/ then? Isn't that the trend here? Any form of dissent and you split up into another fucking containment board. Is all this separatism just to contain hurt fee fees? fucking disgusting
>>
>>387120313
>larping
>on an imageboard
what
>>
File: reece.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
/v/ could never be saved. It was a lost cause. too many shitposters, too many people who DON'T want to talk about video games

The only way to save video game discussion was to take it elsewhere and let the shitposters have /v/.
>>
>>387122295
this is literally subreddits tier my newfriend, where is the fucking cleanup operation
>>
The need for /vp/ has gone a long time ago.
>>
>>387120313
Why?
out of necessity.
When one board becomes two different topics posted daily the board needs to divide.
Some people only like to play one game and they make a thread about it daily, that belong on /vg/.
Some people only like games of the past, that belongs on /vr/
/vp/ is it's own cancer.
And /v/ is for current discussions about the industry, recent games that have come out, and game theory in general.
>>
>>387122984
That is a load of shit. /mu/ has anons with widely different taste in music and you don't see that board splitting into genres or contemporary fetishes. Just because "some people" are crying that does not even come close to warrant the creation of a new containment board. And all the topics you listed are made moot because in practice that is never what is discussed on those boards.
>>
>>387122847
Not really.
It is still functioning as a grease trap that keeps underages babysat and the worst people in general occupied, since they are generally too dumb to find trash.
It is still serving a valuable purpose to 4chan as a whole.
>>
>>387122984
/vg/ is for people playing games.
/v/ is for talk about the vidya industry.
Why is this so hard for people to grasp?
>>
>>387122075
>dissent
Sorry for not wanting to discuss garbage like TotalBiscuit's political tweets
>>
>>387123482
No you can take that to /pol/ thats my fucking point. It doesn't belong on any board prefixed with /v
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.