[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there been a better Pokemon game? >good starters >your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: heartgold-soulsilver[1].jpg (52KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver[1].jpg
52KB, 460x210px
Has there been a better Pokemon game?

>good starters
>your rival is a literal criminal
>unique Pokeballs that have still yet to make an appearance in any game
>your Pokemon walk behind you, you can talk to them, and they even pick shit up for you
>able to go back to Kanto, take on all the gyms there, see differences from when you were here in Red/Blue
>you can fight the protagonist from the first game
>you can have a rematch with ALL of the gym leaders and a shit ton of the trainers

Then we have Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, which looks more like a half-assed expansion that adds nothing but new forms to five or so Pokemon.
>>
>>387119698
>>Good starters
>Chikorita and wingless Charizard
>>
File: 1502527151990.jpg (140KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502527151990.jpg
140KB, 500x375px
>>387119698
>My favorite game
>My favorite generation
>My favorite Pokemon

Johto? No thanks. I love Sinnoh :3
>>
>adds a shitty chosen one plotline and forces the mystery of the legendaries into a forced story event

GSC was better. Also your first and third statements are lies.
>>
>>387119698
the one thing that fucks HG/SS is the leveling balance and the lack of variety of pokemon to catch.

there so few trainers in the game with few pokemons, you have to farm wild pokemon if you want to have a decent 6 pokemon team.

also the pokemon abilitets fucks the game up a bit. looking at you morty.
>>
>>387119698
The only Pokemon game with good starters is D/P/PT. Every other has shit designs, typing or both. There's a reason people agree on the Sinnoh starters being good yet always argue over the others.
>>
BW2
HGSS has fucked up pacing and level scaling.
>>
>>387119698
>uninspired starters
>shit level scaling
>barely any Gen 2 Pokémon in the wild
>BABIES everywhere
>new Pokémon that are not babies or evolutions of Gen1 are mostly single stages

It has the comfiest region, the best postgame and best music, but it's very flawed
>>
>>387119698
Yeah
All main pokemon games are 10/10
>>
>>387119698
>Good starters
>Chikorita
>Good
anon I... I liked Plat better.
Camping on the back of a giant turtle is too comfy.
>>
>>387119954
The apricot Pokeballs haven't been in anything since though. They gave you one of a very small few of them in Sun/Moon but that was it.
>>
>>387119698
how 2 find non pirate copy tho

also how 2 defeat elites in sun/moon?
at first i started it with no revives and got to the third dude, so i thought i should get some revives and lvl my pokemen

grinding my pokemons up is hell
>>
>>387119698
HGSS is great but Platinum is better.
>>
Literal last good Pokemon Games before they went full retard (I give points to Black and White for at least trying though)
>>
>>387119698
I'd consider HGSS to be the best in the series if some of the core problems with the original games were fixed. The level scaling as already discussed makes having a party of more than 6 pokemon utter shit. The pokemon distribution made it just feel like Kanto 2.0 instead of featuring all its new and interesting pokemon like Aipom, Heracross, Skarmory, Relicanth and so on. This is also seen in the shallow pokemon picks of the gym leaders, who will use Kanto shitmon instead of new and interesting Johto pokemon. Some proper trainer rematch would have been nice as well, especially since DPPl had just perfected the VS. Seeker. It also sufferers a bit from Gen 4's slow engine. It was a nice remake though and had the best sprite work in the series by far, pokeathlon was great and the town visuals were also great.
>>
>>387119698
>your Pokemon walk behind you, you can talk to them, and they even pick shit up for you

People actually think this is a pro. Just kill yourself, all your other points were OK though I guess.
>>
>>387122195
Aipom is a gen 2 pokemon?
Damn, Ash only got one at like the end of Hoenn so i always thought it was gen 3 or 4. I don't think I ever saw one in my playthrough of HG/SS
>>
>>387122323
Calm your autism, you sperg. It's never gonna be something that makes me buy a Pokemon game, it's just cool that it was there.
>>
>>387120391
Delusion. For all the accusations of Gen1 being overrated by nostalgiafags, most of the accusers won't go so far as to shit on the starters. Reality is that Gen1 generally has the fewest detractors as far as starters go.

Also Torterra is boring and lets down Gen4's starter crew.
>>
File: 140px-Pokey_Sprout.png (38KB, 140x172px) Image search: [Google]
140px-Pokey_Sprout.png
38KB, 140x172px
>>387122195
>The pokemon distribution made it just feel like Kanto 2.0 instead of featuring all its new and interesting pokemon

Every fucking gen does this. The main reason I love Gen V so much is that you had a whole game of nothing but that Gen's Pokemon until postgame instead of a handful of new guys amongst a sea of Zubats and Wingulls.
>>
>>387122795
Hoenn had a large variety, and by the time sinnoh hit there was enough variety to not feel like Kanto too much. Kalos and Alila do seem to have a Kanto boner though.
>>
>>387122323
>not wanting you pokemon to hug you and be your bro

i pity you.
>>
>>387122195
to be fair, gen 2 moms were mostly the baby forms of first gen moms so you would still get first gen pokemon if you could catch them in the wild.

they should have done what sacred gold did and just made an excuse that pokemon from gen 3/4 started to migrat into johto.
>>
>>387119698
>good starters
lol
>your rival is a literal criminal
Also the shittiest edgelord you could think of, seriously a deviantart tier character with his "I'm the son of the evil dude, of course I hate my dad but at the same time I see pokèmon as tools, fuck my dad anyway"
>unique Pokeballs that have still yet to make an appearance in any game
I give you that, despite them implemented is such shitty way, since I'm a sucker for balltism
I understand why people like it, but I just want to use the bycicle, make it optional
>able to go back to Kanto, take on all the gyms there, see differences from when you were here in Red/Blue
Kanto is even shittier than in the original games though, but well at least spotting the differences is alright
>you can fight the protagonist from the first game
I give you that
>you can have a rematch with ALL of the gym leaders and a shit ton of the trainers
I give you that, though the call system is awfully annoying

Also:
>Utter shit level curve
>Shit dex and distribution
>Game is even more of a walk in the park than other entries
>Doesn't really fix any of the real problems GS had

Gen 2 was my favourite gen and I was really hyped for HGSS, but playing those games made me realize the games weren't that good and made me drop the game as soon as I completed the postgame
>>
>>387125326
>gen 2 moms were mostly the baby forms of first gen mons
Out of the 100 new ones, 7 were babies and 11 were evolutions to old Pokemon, plus 6 legendaries. That still leaves 76 Pokemon to spread out around the region and prioritise over Kanto shitmon.
>>
File: kirkhammett.png (111KB, 318x359px) Image search: [Google]
kirkhammett.png
111KB, 318x359px
>>387125680
>Kanto is even shittier than in the original games though
>>
>>387120391
>>387125326
>to be fair, gen 2 moms were mostly the baby forms of first gen moms
To be fair, this isn't fucking true memer
>>
>>387119698
No but Emerald is just as good.
>>
>>387119698
HGSS literally did nothing to fix the actual numerous flaws with GSC, it just added a nice coat of paint and gave you "MUH WALKING POKEMON" so everybody sucks its dick despite the actual game being atrocious
>level 40 elite four
>>
What do we know about Ultra Sun / Moon?
I'm asking because I still havent got around to buying regular Sun/Moon, should I wait for Ultra and skip regular?
>>
File: 1325591807810.jpg (196KB, 1744x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1325591807810.jpg
196KB, 1744x1264px
>>387119698
>Has there been a better Pokemon game?
Any other generation? Gen 2 is a garbage single player experience and the gen 4 remakes barely do anything to fix it.
>>
File: adante gym walkthrough small.webm (2MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
adante gym walkthrough small.webm
2MB, 512x384px
Pokemon Sage, /vp/'s fangame, has/will have all of those features with the exception of having Kanto, since instead it has a 100% original region, characters, pokemon, sprites, and tiles.

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

>>387122195
>having a party of more then 6 pokemon

u wot

>>387121760
This

>>387126592
Almost nothing. Just that the legendaries have new forms, that there are new Z moves, new protag designs, and Lycanroc dusk. That's litterally all we know.
>>
File: 132_ditto_richie_pop.jpg (461KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
132_ditto_richie_pop.jpg
461KB, 1000x1000px
I can't play HG/SS again.

It would have been fantastic, but the battles are so fucking slow. Health bars crawl to a stop. It's such a fundamental, quality of life feature and it completely fucks the game's appeal to me.

Play Ruby and Sapphire and those health bars just zap down. Shit moves along at a nice pace. HG/SS is like watching paint dry by comparison.
>>
File: SM the final choice.jpg (238KB, 725x555px) Image search: [Google]
SM the final choice.jpg
238KB, 725x555px
>>387127020
>having a party of more then 6 pokemon
>u wot
What's the problem?
>>
>>387127020
Has Sage updated their demo? I remember following the threads closely when they just started.

Also, if the game gives you dozens of options to build my party, I'll try mixing stuff around until I find something that works. In BW I kept a nice number of Pokemon in rotation since the exp system made it easy to bring pokemon up to speed relatively fast. Even in the Sinnoh games it's doable thanks to the Vs. Seeker. HGSS is impossible though.
>>
>>387127236
>Has Sage updated their demo?

2.0 came out around 2 weeks ago, goes up to the third gym (which is what that webm was, minus the trainers), which is around 7-10 hours of content, depending on how you play.
>>
>>387127236
>HGSS is impossible though.
Nah, it's doable there as well, but not because of exp being abundant, but because of the level curve being super fucked and the npc opponents being underleveled for most of the game.
>>
File: 1459737093689.png (376KB, 461x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459737093689.png
376KB, 461x450px
>>387119698
BW2 blows it out of the fucking water. HGSS has the same problem the other 4th gen games had, the biggest offender being that they moved at a goddamn snails pace.
>>
>>387120260
>You have to farm wild Pokemon if you want a decent team
Yeah, that's the entire fucking point of the series
>>
>>387120260
>you have to farm wild pokemon if you want to have a decent 6 pokemon team.

Where else do you find Pokemo? Pretty sure trades aren't allowed until partway through the game.
>>
>>387127651
>>387127892
Pretty sure anon meant grinding when he said farming, and even then that's not really true, GSC/HGSS just have super low levels throughout the game so you're not required to grind to catch up either
>>
Dunsparce is such a waste of a pokemon. Literally whats the point of it?
>>
>>387119698
Remoraid evolves into Octillery. This triggers the fuck out of me.
>>
>>387128426
Japanese myth wank.
>>
>>387121109
Is this bait?
>>
>>387128563
No worse than Clamperl
>>
>>387119698
I was just thinking how gen 2, my favorite gen, would be unanimously the best if it had the special and physical attack split, then I remembered these gems.

Literally, the perfect Pokemon games.
>>
>>387128823
pls respond
>>
>>387120260
>he doesn't just use two pokemons with the others being ability/death fodders
What a chump you are m8
>>
>>387121873
Agreed.
>>
>>387119698
Both games are too slow and the pacing is bad, it feels like a normal pokemon game until you beat Chuck and then the rest of the game is over in 2 hours.
Then Kanto starts and that has been butchered to the point that once you do the Magnet train quest the region has maybe an hours worth of content left.
>>
>>387127993
I remember this being an annoyance when I was a kid; the level gap between the elite 4 and red was like 30 levels. How the fucks are you supposed to make that on your own?
>>
>>387129505
Red is just one dude, it doesn't take much to beat him with a bunch of lv50s.
>>
BW2 and Emerald are the best.

The games will never be good as long as they don't return to sprites. We're stuck with the current crop of models for the next 10 years and they're shit.
>>
>>387119698
Gen 3 is best gen. And I say this as somebody who grew up as a gen1 babby
>>
HG was the game that got me back into the series after the absolute garbage that was Pearl.
>>
File: 1491191621961.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491191621961.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>Making complex machines that can digitally hold live animals
>out of fucking acorns

ya nah
>>
>>387129147
>>387129691
>>387129862

This. The HGSS wank is just a carry over from Gen 2 nostalgia when everyone was still crazy for Pokemon. Gen 3 and 5 are the best gens, been playing since Yellow.
>>
File: Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg (316KB, 1200x986px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg
316KB, 1200x986px
>>387119698

>Has there been a better Pokemon game?

Platinum before it, B/W after.
>>
File: 1349395734021.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1349395734021.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387130068
>>
File: Sad-Time.png (175KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Time.png
175KB, 450x300px
>>387119870
>Glaceon and Flareon are my favorite eeveelutions
>they're easily the two worst competitively
>>
>>387130086
They can't be good because the Pokemon themselves have been shit. 250 was already enough and now we're up to 500
>>
>>387127993
>super low levels

Yeah nah this shit is fucking stupid sometimes though.

Actual events that occur:
The first gym leader has a level 13 evolved pokemon. The highest level pokemon you've seen before the gym leader was level 7.

The Gym leader of the next town has a level 17 scyther. The highest pokemon before it is level 13. Immediately after that battle, assuming you healed at the pokemon center and then tried to leave, your rival ambushes you with a level 21 starter and some other fuckers.

(whitney then has a palty level 19 miltank because she's shit).

Chucks highest pokemon is 31. There are 0 trainer battles between him and Jasmine, who has two 30's and a 35.
Pryce on the other hand, who comes in after a fucking massive segment between Jasmine and himself, has a level 34 pokemon as his highest. Literally the 7th leader has a weaker signature than the 6th.

There's a single ice cave and I believe 3 normal trainers + like 3 more in clairs gym before her level 41 kingdra stomps on you.

After clair you fight your rival. There are no trainers in victory road. The elite four start at 42 and climb to 50 by the end.

The highest wild pokemon near clair is level 27, and it's rare to see it.

Soulsilver has a fucking rollercoaster of stupid in its level curves. Grinding is fucking atrocious because wild pokemon everywhere are a solid 10-15 levels below the trainers in the area. The game expects you to somehow pull 10 levels out of your ass over the length of 5 trainers.

That isnt to say that the game is impossible, or even that you're forced to grind. Just that if you dont grind, expect to have to deal with lances team of 48-50's using pokemon who are level 40 at best.

Oh, also you cant re-fight trainers until after the elite four because the cell phone is far shitty than the vs seeker.

Soulsilver/Heartgold are really faithful remakes. But they decided to remake the shitty parts of the game too for some reason.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.