[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we finally settle this and agree that Sonic Adventure >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: logo.png (451KB, 766x339px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
451KB, 766x339px
Can we finally settle this and agree that Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2?
>>
They are about equal, even though I prefer Adventure 1.
>>
no we fucking cannot do that
>>
>>387115909
why not? The only good parts of SA2 are the speed stages, everything else is garbage. At least SA1 has the treasure hunting and flying stages
>>
>>387115873
i always will, fuck sa2
>>
>>387115873
It was definitely more charming and I prefer it's music, really reminded me of the old days...
>>
>>387115873
No it's not, the Tails stuff in SA1 is just Sonic Lite and the treasure hunt doesn't even try
The mech in SA2 may not be as good as the speed characters but at least it's not a lite version that just makes me want to play the better version, and the treasure hunt stages in SA2 are really well done and feels like actual stages instead of just dropping emerald on existing levels and having a glowing ball handhold you all the way
>b-but huge stages!
Each stage is divided into sections (usually 3) and the emeralds are scattereg among them, if you find one in a sector then you're done with it
>b-but the radar
A fair point and definitively a negative, i'll still take every improvement over this one negative though
>>
I liked SA1 more because it had hub worlds and didn't force you to play as characters you weren't ready to do yet (except for the first couple of hours or so, where you have to unlock the stories for everyone else but Sonic).
>>
I like both despite their flaws, but I revisit SA2 more.
>>
>>387115873
obviously sa1 is better because you can grab the mannequin and make it look like sonic is sucking his dick
>>
>>387115873
SA2 is such a goddamn chore.
>>
>>387118301
SA2 shooting and treasure hunting levels are crap, plus most bosses are trash.
>>
File: 1502339593436.png (141KB, 243x314px) Image search: [Google]
1502339593436.png
141KB, 243x314px
>>387115873
yes
>>
Somersaulting in 2 was shit. Tapping to spindash in 1 was better. Thats all i really remember since i haven't played either in years
>>
>>387115873
I think SA2 is better personally

SA's hubworld pissed me off at times, it just seemed like doing monotous crap to get to the next level.
I prefer the system to the hunting stages, but FUCK the ones in space I'll say that.
I enjoyed the Mech levels, a lot, it felt fun to gun down everything in the way especially after getting the jet booster for a more fluid (kinda) run.
I prefer the speed levels way more, Final Rush, Metal Harbor there are no breaks and paths to explore.
Chao Garden is better I think
Story is cooler, the way it was presented in SA was weird
Bosses were better (not saying much)
The stories in SA more or less play the same (Sonic, Tails, Amy or basically the same except slight different mechanics) Knuckles is eh, Big SUCKED, Gamma was meh I felt they improved that in SA2

I mean if people prefer SA that's chill, I just won't really get how, but hey opinions am i right
>>
1/3 of SA2 is good while only 1/5 of SA is good, so no
>>
>>387122831
well atleast i dont have to play through ahit stages to get to the good ones. And knuckles, tails, and gamma's stories were actually fun all the way through.
>>
>>387118301
2/3rds of SA2 is pure shit, take off the goggles.
>>
>>387122712
Chao garden is infinitely better
is this the power of hiring 4 additional people?
>>
>>387122831
It's more that 2/3 of SA2 are terrible and 4/5 of SA are passable.
>>
I don't remember, did SA2 have that Chao tamogatchi shit with the memory card too, or was that only SA1?
>>
File: big boy.png (152KB, 391x341px) Image search: [Google]
big boy.png
152KB, 391x341px
>>387122937
knuckles is the same shit as in SA2, tails is literally sonic's copy pasted and gamma's is the same as tails/eggman, only each one is shittier because they had the dumb overworld to traverse
>>
>>387123273
>passable

if by passable you mean unplayable shit sure
>>
>>387115873
>The only thing Adventure 2 improves on is speed sections
>actually makes the two other modes it takes from Adventure worse.
And Adventure 1's speed stages are still pretty fun with spindash abuse anyway.
>>
>>387123430
No, it means you need to git gud.
>>
>>387123597
are we going to pretend sonic games are hard? If I wanted a challenging game I wouldn't play one featuring a mascot for autistic children
>>
File: 1502392084996m.jpg (51KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502392084996m.jpg
51KB, 768x1024px
>>387123376
Knuckles has a shit radar and half his leves are unfun indoor bullshit in SA2, tails is sonic that can fly and i already really like sonic so i dont care, gamma's stages are fast, short, and sweet unlike SA2's mech stages that go on forever and are slow as hell with almost no openended level design.

SA2 IS BAD
>>
>>387123708
half the levels are indoors in SA1 too

>it's ok if it's the same thing copy pasted only shittier as tails, I don't care!

>gamma's stages are fast, short, and sweet unlike SA2's mech stages that go on forever and are slow as hell with almost no openended level design.
which are ruined by the overworld trecking
>>
>>387123637
No, it means you need to stop playing with your feet.
>>
>>387123376
>knuckles is the same shit as in SA2
The radar and level design made the thing a catastrophic chore, literally the death of fun.

>tails is literally sonic's copy pasted
So it's not bad.
>gamma's is the same as tails/eggman
Gamma didn't jump like he weighter a ton, making platforming sequences hell with the shitty SA2 camera making things suicide inducing.
>>
Sa2 tails was basically the robot, which everyone moaned about. Why they thought just making it tails would make it OK was insanity.

The treasure hunting wasn't hunting anymore as it told you what order to get them in, which was a terrible idea. The best part of the treasure hunting in sa1 was the non linear nature of the stages. Sa2 made them linear.

Sa2 was more polished in terms of game play but the decisions of design in terms of mechanics and level were some of the most bizarre I can remember seeing. They just didn't get it.
>>
File: sanic.png (66KB, 969x797px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
66KB, 969x797px
>>387115873

It's pretty simple really. The only decent parts about adventure games are the sonic stages and both games have about 1/3rd of the gameplay centered around those.

Now, if we take in account the absolute of worst of both games:

SA:
>Amy sections are pretty weak and constitute a 1/6 of the game
>Big the fucking Cat is the absolute worst sonic games can get and that takes another whooping 1/6 of the game
>The overworld in general is clunky, slow and ugly. Interacting with NPCs is awkward and everything on it just feels like a slog until you can get to play an actual level. You're forced through it during most of your gameplay time.

SA2:
>The plot is just retarded, and started the trend in Sonic games of taking itself too seriously.

Yeah, i'll take SA2 by a mile.
>>
>>387124296
>The plot is just retarded, and started the trend in Sonic games of taking itself too seriously.

this is what SA1 is though
>>
>>387115873
It certainly is, but there is too much shit taste around here for 'we' to agree on this.
>>
>>387124343
SA1 wasn't amazing but it didn't have OG hedgehog introduced and muhria. Just eggman taking over the world with robbuts and general mischief seasoned with cheesy dialog I didn't mind. SA2 on the other hand wanted me to take this guy seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKS4duPqNyo
>>
>>387124440
>SA1 wasn't amazing but it didn't have OG hedgehog introduced and muhria

instead it had Tikal and dumb aztec ritual shit along with a city being wiped out
>>
>>387124296
>>Big the fucking Cat is the absolute worst sonic games can get and that takes another whooping 1/6 of the game
Yeah nah. He's got like 4 levels. More like 1/50'th of the game. Amy's mode is pretty short too. No character's mode constitutes a sixth of the game. Sonic's is more than a sixth, everyone elses is less, much less or much, much less. You double hedgehog.
>>
>>387115873
SA 2 had a better chao garden. SA is the better game.
>>
>>387124531

>Yeah nah. He's got like 4 levels. More like 1/50'th of the game. Amy's mode is pretty short too.

Huh, it's been a while so i'll give you that. Still left a terrible bad taste of the game. Plus the overworld was unforgivable for me.

>>387124494
instead it had Tikal and dumb aztec ritual shit along with a city being wiped out

I remember Tikal being particularly annoying, but eh. Still wasn't human+OChedgehog shipping retarded.
>>
File: 1499914303550.jpg (74KB, 1024x845px) Image search: [Google]
1499914303550.jpg
74KB, 1024x845px
1 Sonic > 1 Tails > 2 Sonic/Shadow > 1 Knuckles > Gamma > Amy > 2 Tails/Eggman > 2 Knuckles/Rouge > Big
>>
>>387124296
>Amy sections are pretty weak and constitute a 1/6 of the game
Amy only has three levels.
>Big the fucking Cat is the absolute worst sonic games can get and that takes another whooping 1/6 of the game
Big whole campaign lasts 30 minutes on DC with 95% of it being cutscenes.

>SA2
>the plot
>overlooking the awful Tails/Eggman and Rouge/Knuckles levels
>ignoring the shit tier character boss battles

wew lad
>>
>>387125962

>overlooking the awful Tails/Eggman and Rouge/Knuckles levels
>ignoring the shit tier character boss battles

I find both games share these flaws so I didn't see a point in making a comparison here. You may argue SA2 version of these levels were "worse", but in at the end of the day, both were just boring at the core compared to the gotta go fast levels.
>>
As someone who sees Sonic 2006 as SA3

I enjoyed 2006 a lot more than either Adventure game. Just needed another month or two to fix loading times and buffer up some glitches. Its the Sonic I mostly come back to because its fun getting S ranks or finding medals
>>
>>387115873
SA2 wins for me because of the Chaos. The action stages were more straight forward and action packed and knuckles jewel hunt was fun.
>>
SA1s only real problems are the voice acting/writing and bugs. The gameplay is pretty solid except for amy and big, it's also way more memorable and has an actual hub world
SA2 improves on fluidity of controlling sonic although it does this partly by having less platforming segments
Tales and knuckles missions also suck dick in comparison to SA1 and this time you can't even choose to avoid them
>>
Does someone wanna explain why the fucking robot had the best character development, story, and theme. It's such a jarring gem compared to the cheesy filth of all the others. Why didn't they put this much effort into the other characters?
>>
>>387126915
>has an actual hub world

Which was horrid
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.