[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently picked up the kingdom hearts collection on ps4 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1120x1600px
I recently picked up the kingdom hearts collection on ps4 and i started playing the first one again. I played it years ago on ps2 and i dont remember it being this fucking boring. Im in the Tarzan world and its an absolute slog. The alice in wonderland and olympus worlds were terrible too.The combat is so slow and clunky, I have barely any movement options, half of my attacks whiff, donald and goofy are complete imbeciles in combat, and then the game keeps making me go back and forth between the same areas over and over. I am about to drop this shit because am not really enjoying it. Its strange though because i remember liking it back then but i have barely any memory of it.
>>
Tarzan world does suck, there's a reason no one cared when Tarzan was eradicated from the franchise.

It gets much better after you're done there.
>>
>>387112226
My thoughts exactly i just started playing them for the first time and its become a chore to play the game
>>
>>387112226
I also recently played through it and quit at the Pinocchio map. It is tedious as fuck. I don't know why but it always seems like you just go back and forth through loading screens looking for the objective before having to face an unsatisfying boss battle.
>>
Pooh world is the high light of the game before the ending.
>>
hey man good for you but i love them
>>
>>387112284
Kill yourself
>>
>>387112226
Nice blog post faggot.

What would you like us to say? You didn't even start a discussion.
>>
>>387113069
yeah this is comfy, only good part of the game, the combat and story is trash, I thought we were getting some edgy mickey shit but it's just Nomura characters shit
>>
>>387112226
Welcome to the PS2 era of 3rd person action.
The games age much worse the more out of touch you are with the time period's library.
The game was made 7 years before even the likes of Demon's Souls.
>>
>>387112226
Honestly the early worlds are some of the absolute worst in the series. Hell, the first game in general doesn't have that many great areas.

Mostly just Hollow Bastion.
>>
>>387112226
KH 1is the game that has aged the most so of course it's going to appear outdated to those who aren't fans of the series. I personally enjoy the weight of Sora in the combat, the boss battles are fun and the progression getting all the synth items was an enjoyable grind. But I recognise I'm irrationally biased.

The real reason for replaying KH 1 is purely for the narrative, and in that regard the original KH might be the best. The cutscenes especially are all well done, nicely animated and voiced. At the time it felt like a full production and there was some great direction in these scenes. If you want pure gameplay KH2FM is the game that will appeal to you.
>>
>>387112226
I don't think anyone likes KH for its movement options or combat speed. People seem to like it for its pants on head retarded plot with their favorite Disney characters mixed in.
>>
>>387115054
I like KH2 for its movement options and combat speed. Just not KH1
>>
KH1's mechanics aren't bad, the worlds are just fucking awful.
>>
File: sor.png (155KB, 805x855px) Image search: [Google]
sor.png
155KB, 805x855px
>>387112226
Different strokes I guess. Nostalgia is a big driving factor for my love of the game today. Plus KH3 hype.
>>
File: 1500183590430.jpg (93KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500183590430.jpg
93KB, 350x350px
>Only ever played KH1 before on Normal
>Bought the collection and replayed 1, this time on Proud
>Manage to get the no continue trophy, as well as go on to platinum it
>Absolutely love KH1, think people give it way too much shit by trying to say that it's unplayable
>Finish GBA CoM after map card grinding for several hours straight, quite enjoyed my time with it otherwise
>Move onto 2, which is essentially my first playthrough of it
>Decide to play it on Critical
>Feel like I'm dragging myself to play through it and thoroughly getting my ass handed to me
>Haven't touched it in like two or three months
>Have completed other games in that time that I've been needing to go back
>>
>>387112226
that's why you should ignore the first one and play 2 fampai
>>
>>387116954
I'm sure those Triangle presses is going to excite him.
>>
>>387116954
but muh plot, as shit as it is I'm to autistic to start in the second game
>>
>>387116253
Use drives
Use limits
Use magic
Use summons
Use potions instead of just relying on cure
>>
>>387118429
How about you read a fucking summary instead
>>
I played kingdom hearts 1 for the first time like last year and it's so fucking dated
I am really sad I passed on this game when it was new because I probably would have enjoyed it then but even besides the super dated combat the story is so fucking autistic I can't even be arsed to pay any attention to it
>>
>>387118603
this is why videogames are dead
>>
>>387118715
Forcing himself to play a shitty game for "muh plot" in a crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy is retarded. Why should he force himself through the slog that is Kingdom Hearts 1 when there is no reason to.
>>
>>387118846
>>387118603
>>387118429
>>387116954
t. casuals that can't even beat a game made for children
>>
>>387119008
I can and have beaten the game multiple times but that does not change the fact that it has aged poorly compared to it's sequels. It was the first in a franchise and as such had tons of kinks which got ironed out as time went on. There is no reason to play the first game when most of the later games are better.
>>
>>387118846
100% valid point but I still agree with the other guy
>>
>>387119102
>sequels
>games
There is literally one KH game better than the first
>>
>>387112226
Why do people masturbate over KH1's plot? It's seriously underwritten, the character development and interactions aren't portrayed well. There's very little drama or tension, since most of it is resolved very quickly.

KH1 is a great game overall, but the story's nothing but a bunch of lame anime cliches strung together with a bunch of disney characters awkwardly shoved in. Not too different from 2 or BBS, yet they get shit for "ruining" the story.
>>
>>387118584
and then you get to Roxas who stun locks you to death.
>>
>>387119659
Because it's the simpler one, i agree on those points but at that time it wasn't setting up a nuts story that would spam million of games
Plus the Hollow Bastion + End of The World was the best end-game stuff in any KH
CoM has my favorite story though
>>
>>387119659
Not one supported argument in your "critique". Give one example, one.
>>
Mandatory KH2FM is the best game in the series post.
>>
>>387119780
His patterns are pretty easy to read though, after you download him the only thread he possesses is that one move where he throw his keyblades a few times since it's kind of a wild card and not used frequently
>>
File: GET_IN_THE_FUCKING_GUMMI_SORA.png (1MB, 1140x700px) Image search: [Google]
GET_IN_THE_FUCKING_GUMMI_SORA.png
1MB, 1140x700px
Why would anyone play this autistic shit, even the main character is autistic af.
>>
>>387119816
>Riku turning to the dark side is really lame and contrived
>very little reason to care about Riku/Kairi since they come off as bland, 2D characters
>Sora gives up his heart only to get it back 5 minutes later, no consequences
>Ansem kinda just appears at the end, a little bit of foreshadowing earlier on, but his appearance as the main villain is abrupt.
>>
>>387119787
>Plus the Hollow Bastion + End of The World was the best end-game stuff in any KH

This I agree on. Heading from Twilight Town to The World That Never Was and fighting Xemnas all happened a bit too quickly. KH1 atleast outright told you The End of The World was the final battle and gave you some down time before you faced the final battle.
>>
>>387119863
The first fight against him is really rough if you're not expecting it. All the other Org XIII guys are a fucking joke compared to him.
>>
>>387120357
Don't be a pussy, it only took me 5 hours to beat him first time on Critical Mode
>>
>>387120229
Also End of the world has one of my favorite bosses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enl73EB_uKY
>>
>>387120402
Bruh it didn't take me that long to beat him on lvl 1
>>
>>387120402
I can only drag my dick through broken glass for so long anon

beating that fuck was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done in vidya. I felt good for the rest of the day.
>>
>>387120075
> Really lame and contrived
It's an established trope for a reason, people turning to darkness is a narrative device that has existed for literally thousands of years. To call it contrived and lame is adolescent and asinine.

> bland 2D characters
Not a supported argument, Riku is a very nuanced character for his relationship to Maleficent and Ansem. He goes through an arc, he has a complicated relationship to the protagonist. Kairi is not fully fleshed out but functions as a plot device well.

> Sora gave up his heart
Yes and this was a fantastic moment in a christ like sacrifice and is literally the point of divergence with a ton of consequences for the rest of the series.

> Villain is abrupt
Literally what. The villain is memorable and well designed.
>>
>>387121443
>Literally what. The villain is memorable and well designed.
Do you know what "abrupt" means?
>>
>>387121673
Yes I know what it means. Ansem didn't need to be developed slowly over the course of the game, the point is that he is shadowlike and mysterious, it makes uncovering him a climactic moment, while simulateneously using him to develop Riku. There would be nothing gained by having him shoved into every section of the storyline because he isn't a deep chatacter. Despite this he is incredibly memorable because of build up and presentation.
>>
>>387121673
Not that guy but Ansem showed up on the island in the prologue, was mentioned as a wise sage looking into darkness my the traverse town gang, you can track his decent into madness by reading the reports you get from every boss you kill and reveals himself towards the end.

He was hinted at the whole game.
>>
>>387121443
>Yes and this was a fantastic moment in a christ like sacrifice

Okay, now I know you're shitposting.
>>
>>387122526
>Selfless death to release the heart of Kairi an defeat Evil
>Is resurrected
>Not Christ-like
>>
Is 2.8 worth picking up if I loved BBS's gameplay when I emulated it years ago? I haven't played DDD
>>
kh2 > all else in the series

just play kh1 and kh2 and maybe bbs.
dont listen to these faggots, any other opinion is wrong.
>>
>>387122667
>get turned into a heartless for 5 minutes
>christ like

You're exaggerating poor videogame storytelling to fit your argument.
>>
>>387122670
0.2 is legitimately terrible. But it's only about 30 minutes to get the story if that's what you desperately want.

DDD is a mixed bag, there's a lot of experimentation going on in the gameplay that it comes off as gimmicky. The dream eater stuff is cool if you're into the command melding from BBS, I liked levelling my companions. The story is bats hit, but is a highpoint if you're a fan of Riku.
>>
>>387122382
>using him to develop Riku
Riku's development doesn't really begin until CoM, though. You're overrating the quality of the character writing in KH1. It's a shallow video game plot. Not much more.

>There would be nothing gained by having him shoved into every section of the storyline
Nobody's saying that.

>he is incredibly memorable because of the build up
There was no build up. He's brought up in the early game, forgotten about, then becomes the main villain.

It's not inaccurate to call it abrupt.

>>387122427
>you can track his decent into madness by reading the reports
The reports are useful for backstory/lore but when we're talking about the story of the game, this isn't a good way to develop your major villain.

After the first visit to Traverse Town, references to Ansem drop down to near-0 until the Robed Figure appears again partway through Hollow Bastion.
>>
>>387122834
>0.2 is legitimately terrible
fuck off retard
>>
>>387122667
I bet you think nobody remembers the last time you tried to assert this "analysis."

But I remember.
It was half-baked and you willfully threw out inconvenient parts of the story to make it work.
>>
>>387122939
>The reports are useful for backstory/lore but when we're talking about the story of the game, this isn't a good way to develop your major villain.
The entire dark souls/metriod fanbases would like to speak to you
>>
>>387122767
>No arguments
And you call me the shitposter. There are Christian elements in the plot that are blatantly obvious, I'm not saying that it's the entire makeup of the storyline but there is an interpretation to be found there. Even disregarding my Christlike statement, it's still an important part of the franchise that has many ramifications on future games and characters which disproves your point.
>>
>>387122980
>There are actually 0.2 fans
Colour me shocked.
>>
>>387112226
KH1 is only fun from early midgame to late midgame
Once you hit hollow bastion the game turns into a fucking shit especially on hardest difficulty
When you get to like level 90 the game becomes 2ez as well. it's poorly balanced compared to KH2 imo
>>
>>387123029
>No arguments again
Cool
>>
>>387123112
I'm the one who's shocked here, who in their right mind would call 0.2 "legitimately terrible"?
>>
File: 1464299745225.jpg (20KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1464299745225.jpg
20KB, 403x389px
>>387123035
Except that KH isn't trying to make a scavenger hunt story. It's a linear narrative with ancillary texts to bolster fine details.

Also I doubt anyone would argue Ridley is a well-developed villain. Half of his appearances are just "well Ridley's here now"
And the bosses in Souls are similar. They don't develop; most don't even have character. You just get context for their place in the world.
>>
>>387123198
>30 minute game that reuses boss fights
Thats my main gripe. People have gone on about movement and sluggishness but I can honestly tolerate that. Environments are just felt cobbled together for me and I didn't like the visual style.
>>
>>387123058
Just because something uses biblical themes doesn't mean it's good. See the works of Zack Snyder.

In the context of the game, the sacrifice scene is resolved very abruptly and is only given ramifications AFTERWARDS. That is bad storytelling since there's no reason to care about the event until after the story is finished.
>>
>>387123349
The cutscenes alone are longer than 30 minutes. That's doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>387123349
>reuses boss fights
Was anyone really expecting a variety of brand-new bosses in what is ostensibly a demo?

Honestly I'm surprised we had as many fights as we did. I would have assumed one boss like Secret Episode.
>>
>>387123354
Your conception of "bad storytelling" is completely subjective, is Darth Vader telling Luke that he's his father bad storytelling because the plot point isn't immediately resolved in Empire Strikes Back? But nevertheless I'll humour you.

In the context of the game it's a shocking moment, it makes our connection to Sora stronger because we realise he's not a superhero and could possibly die, especially since we've gotten so far. Not only that but literally controlling the Heartless version of Sora makes us uneasy, it's taking away power from the player. Kairi saving Sora strengthens their relationship, it shows the compassion that she has towards a Heartless, that's legitimately interesting. It also shows the determination of Goofy and Donald to do what's right and continue with saving the world.

It has an aesthetic purpose an emotional purpose and when you factor in other games a plot purpose.
>>
are you playing on the hardest difficulty? that's the proper way to play KH games, if not you fucked up
>>
>>387124128
Proud mode in KH 1 doesn't really change how you play past a certain point. Lvl 1 runs though you have a point.
>>
>>387112226
Tarzan is the boring one. Olympus coliseum is where it's at.

Just remember KH 1 has a slow beginning at first 3 worlds but it picks up right after. And if it helps a lot KH 2 is much quicker to get you going than KH 1 was.
>>
File: emoji.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>387124578
>And if it helps a lot KH 2 is much quicker to get you going than KH 1 was.

this has to be a joke, KH2 has a 5 hour tutorial
>>
File: 1498381767315.png (540KB, 654x452px) Image search: [Google]
1498381767315.png
540KB, 654x452px
>>387124656
Only if you suck at beating Axel. I did it within 2 hours.
>>
>>387124746
maybe if you skipped the cut-scenes yeah, but why the fuck would you ever do that first time through?
>>
>>387124656
>KH2 has a 5 hour tutorial
It's less than 3 hours even on a first time Critical playthrough going for the extra AP via the 1000 Munny.
>>
>>387124778
Skipping cutscenes brings it down to like 40 minutes
>>
>>387124838
>It's less than 3 hours
It's like 1 hour if you're not an autist who has to watch the cutscenes.
>>
>>387123679
but that's the point, for any weight the decision possibly has, it becomes rescinded when Sora's ok 5 minutes later.
>>
>>387112226
All I want out of KH3 is a full Destiny Islands world.
>>
>>387125226
Complete with Tidus and Wakka as party members.
>>
>>387122526
>people have different opinions than mine
>you must be shit posting.
>>
Just post Kairi feet, my man
>>
>>387122753
This but kh1 > all else
>>
the only posts that get (you)s are intentionally incendiary, stop peddling your opinons like some youtube reviewer nobody will ever care.
>>
>>387128416
> Discussion of videogames is bad
Neo-/v/ everyone
>>
>>387112226
exact same thing happened to me
>>
>>387112975
Monstro (from any KH imo) and Deep Jungle are some of the worst worlds in the entire series let alone a single game so theres that
>>
>>387125226
I just want to see TWTNW in current gen graphics
>>
is the whole point of recoded just
Sora finding out that he has another person inside him and that ven/roxas isn't actually his nobody?
>>
>>387130725
>Ven/Roxas
They aren't the same person goddammit.

But yes the general purpose of Re:coded was to reveal to the main cast the hearts connected to Sora, primarily Ventus.
There's also the point of establishing hurt, and Sora's necessity to understand it before he can actually fix anything.
>>
>>387130725
>Roxas isn't his nobody
Go kill yourself
>>
>>387131302
so what is the difference between them then if they arent the same person?
>>
>>387131467
Ventus is a whole person and Roxas is Sora's Nobody.

They look similar because Sora's body still harbored Ven's heart.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>387131619
okay thanks for explaining it
>>
>>387130226
Good thing Squeenix can't bring back Deep Jungle, seeing as they don't have the rights to use it anymore.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.