[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from The Boss to... this? This is what happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: quiet-mgs-v.jpg (67KB, 575x863px) Image search: [Google]
quiet-mgs-v.jpg
67KB, 575x863px
How did we go from The Boss to... this?

This is what happens when you make a game with your dick instead of your brain.
>>
I remember Kojima trying to tell everyone that there was a really good reason for her design & once we played the game all the critics would be eating crow.
>>
Thank God you were here to tell us he was horny when designing Quiet. I don't think anyone would have figured that out.
>>
I agree, we as a species, should stop doing sexist crap
>>
File: 1323673848603.jpg (427KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
1323673848603.jpg
427KB, 1000x724px
>>387107301
FUCKING THIS!!!
Why cant japanese devs stop acting like shitlords hamfisting problematic shit after problematic shit in every game they develop?
>>
>>387108010
You know, this would have been OK had they not given her such a fucking stupid haircut
>>
>>387107301
quiet is satirical
>>
>>387108010
basicly a femminist
>>
I thought she was going to be forced into that outfit by the crew on Outer Heaven and (attempted?)raped, but she busts out and continues to wear it out of spite
>>
>>387108010
just shave her head and that's a fine design
>>
>>387108531
>basicly a femminist

you type like a retard
>>
>>387108960
This
>>
>>387107301
>complaining about a sexualized female character in a videogame

We're still doing this? Are you seriously that easily offended? Not the greatest design but holy fuck there's more important shit out there to get mad about. Why don't you complain about Kratos being half naked or why didn't Dante have a shirt in DMC3? Fuck off with this bullshit. It's a video game, who cares?

>>387108010
This is even worse than the original. No fun allowed amirite?
>>
>>387108010
Mother fuckers will find any excuse to use that stupid fucking haircut
>>
File: latest[2].gif (27KB, 167x388px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].gif
27KB, 167x388px
Remember when Kojima wanted tits in his game and could properly write characters instead of mute ones?
>>
>>387109204
its so blatantly out of place that it rips me out of the game and into reality every time i see it

it's just like how every other character in battlefield 1 being brown breaks your immersion in the ww1 atmosphere.
>>
File: 1501206568466.gif (2MB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501206568466.gif
2MB, 160x200px
>>387107301
>>387107398
>>387110973
The worst thing Kojima ever did with Quiet was try to justify her appearance or humor the controversy. If he was open and honest, saying the design was an aesthetic choice, and let the parasites explanation become a pleasant surprise later down the road, there would've been far less complaints.
>Muh BOSS
You're already looking at her the wrong way if you're comparing her to the mother of all Special Forces and the standard by which every Snake in the series tried to model themselves whether consciously or subconsciously. Quiet is supposed to serve as an inverse EVA. They are both attractive badasses that flaunt themselves and end up lusting after Snake, but EVA's sexuality is intentional as a compliment to her agenda and methods, where Quiet's sexuality is supposed to be incidental and overshadowed by her agenda and methods.
>>387112419
>breaks my immersion
You know, you can really separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to people commenting on Metal Gear by their reasons behind hating Quiet or her design. The immersion argument is easily dissected when you consider how every single game has surrealist elements meant to test your suspension of disbelief to the point of being disarmed for the rest of the insanity that only makes sense within the boundaries of the game (and series as a whole).
>>
File: nigga-you-gay.jpg (48KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
nigga-you-gay.jpg
48KB, 720x540px
>>387107301
>>
>>387112419
The Battlefield argument makes sense since it's supposed to be historically accurate. That's what it's going for. But come on...Quiet being out of place in a game about vocal parasites, having a rocket launching arm, giant mechs, undead commandos and a guy literally on fire...she's the least ridiculous thing in the whole game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.