[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >still no good Star Trek game that lets me trave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: femme Data.jpg (94KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
femme Data.jpg
94KB, 750x937px
>2017
>still no good Star Trek game that lets me travel across the galaxy with my own crew.

let me control my starship and pilot it across the stars. let me set course and walk around the entire ship, interacting with all the crew and passengers.

I want to talk to the captain of another starship to negotiate peace, not a fps action mission or epic boss battle. maybe a ship battle but nothing more than that. I want to freely navigate the unmapped parts of the Milky Way galaxy taking in all the beautiful galactic sights.

Bridge crew was cool but still too limited in scope

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9EM7-vf4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPoqNeR3_UA
>>
I'm surprised the Star Trek community being huge nerds and all they haven't been able to make their own fantasy fangame after all this time.

Accept it, nothing else than a community built project will be faithful to the series, everything coming from a corporate companny will be nothing but half assed games to cash out the thinning following the game has managed to kept captive till now.

Like, for realz, making games with UR4 isn't that hard, some of you faggots have degrees in computer engineering and what not, some of you are probably rich as fuck and can dedicate time to such a dream if you really desired it.
>>
>>387096291
There have been tons of not-Trek games, none of them are actually going to use the Star Trek name though because Paramount have been litigious bastards in recent years.

Most of them have also been pretty low budget and limited in scope like FTL which is totally a Star Trek game without the license.
>>
>>387096291

The trouble is, fans can love the media TOO MUCH. To the point where it becomes a parody of itself. Not that a what a corporation would do wouldn't be much worse.
>>
File: startrek.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
startrek.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>387095796
>no good star trek games

with sound
http://i.4cdn.org/gif/1502488683935.webm
>>
>>387097340
I get what you mean, like sonichu tier of fanbase right? you see the fat Leia cosplayers, and shit like that, awkward people with odd hobbys and cringy habits.

But honestly I mean, you know a lot of people have way way too much money, specially neckbeards with no girlfriend draining their savings and enslaving them to a life of desk slavery. And nowadays hiring someone to do stuff for you in a third world country is really really cheap. To give you an idea, in my city they pay about $300 a month to interns to model shit 5 days a week for 10 hours a day at a cg workshop. After 6 months or 2 years depending on their skill they get upgraded to $400-600 a month. Oh and they have this fucking software running that forces you to work the 10 hours, if you stop moving your mousse/tablet for 8 seconds the timer stops running, you have to be moving doing something every 8 seconds of your daily timer doesn't increase, if you don't work at least 10 hours a day they get angry and fire you, because they use that software to charge by the hour to the big companies that are subcontracting them.

Sorry for the rant, but yeah I believe someone or a group of someones with a very moderate budget could make the ultimate fangame they desire. Or even during their free time they could learn to code and make it themselves, I mean how many trekies are all over the world? how many of them are familiar with computers and geek stuff? either they're lazy or their dream isn't really having a hand tailored star trek game loyal to the series and the experience they desire.
>>
File: Enterprise B.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Enterprise B.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>387095796
I want that, especially if you start off as the captain of some rickety old Excelsior class.
>>
File: Data.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Data.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>387095796
Don't ever sexualize Data ever again
>>
>>387098151
I don't get it
>>
>>387095796
Star trek a fun game until you have to stop and land.......ugh.....or re-re-re-re-reequip new gear on your ship every 30 mins.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (952KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
952KB, 1080x1080px
>>387099542
Or what?
>>
>>387095796
Yes there is.
Star Citizen
>>
http://artemis.eochu.com/
>>
File: Data-and-Tasha.gif (566KB, 340x210px) Image search: [Google]
Data-and-Tasha.gif
566KB, 340x210px
>>387099542
Everyone is hot for the Data.
>>
I just want someone to take Alpha Centauri and set it out in space in a massive-ass galaxy, rather than one planet surface.
>>
PULSAR: Lost Colony is something like this but it's pretty early Beta still. It's something I get into with a couple friends for a few hours but we either get fucked in a fight or run out of interest pretty fast.
>>
>>387096291
I assume ever Trecker has a different opinion on how a Star Trek game should look and feel. That's why everything after A Final Unity failed.
A point and click adventure won't fly in 2017. A space combat simulator would be lacking the other essential things which make ST special.
>>
>>387095796
How could they make a good game out of bad source material?
>>
You can't make a video game about a series that is less about action and more about dialogue sequences. There's no room for a video game to be made.
>>
>>387099756
Biggest case of butter face I've ever seen
>>
>>387100945
They did with Elite Force 1+2
>>
>>387098635

You're obviously not from the US. Paid interns get a living wage here (I suspect that's a living wage in your country). Even if it was a thing, I wouldn't pay that price for interns to do that work. Doing a GOOD star trek game, with all of the same features as a real working federation starship? It would be an enormous undertaking for even the biggest studios. No individual has the kind of money you're talking about for that undertaking.

I recall seeing a working 3D enterprise tour being done by a group of guys. I'd love to get in touch with them and see if it's possible to make it interactive.
>>
>>387100964
Its not like the Federation have never found themselves in conflicts before. And you could still do more on the diplomacy and exploration side of things.
>>
>>387100964
Tell that to Planescape Torment or Sunless Sea.
>>
/v/ why was it always
>vulcans
>klingons
>romulans
>a species never mentioned before
in every Star Trek game?
>>
>>387101238
Only those three had enough lore to use, or that needed a race they could create the lore of.
>>
Make way for the GOAT, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>387101238

Elite Force 2 starts out as a desperate attempt to send an elite team to a borg cube to save voyager.

So uh,,,no.
>>
>>387101368
It's annoying when you got Andorians and Tellarites since TOS, but you invent some uninteresting species just because you need another class of star ships.
>>
>>387101482
>Bethesda
>>
>>387101238
>>387101605
STO
>>
>>387096291
The Stellaris Total Conversion looks p. Good
>>
>>387101679
I've played that. The space combat is unironically good. Too bad the rest is like every other shitty mmo.
>>
>>387099756
Or you get killed off early in the shows run

Data was pure

PURE
>>
>>387099669
retarded spergs think they are funny because they love the sound of their own laughter

if you want to see a legit good playthrough check out lirik shorty and waffle stream of the game, it was pretty great
>>
>>387101895
Sela > Tasha and we all know Sela wants the D
>>
>>387099669
The guy in green wants for attention then points at the woman in the next seat and then cups his hands in front of his chest, a crude sign language for "boobs," which on the bridge of a spaceship is objectively funny
>>
>>387100964
>You can't make a video game about a series that is less about action and more about dialogue sequences.
>What is an RPG
>>
>>387099542
Data can go aaaallllll night

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FVMHJReKk
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.