[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the age gap for video games and when did you realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

What's the age gap for video games and when did you realize you're too old/getting too old for video games?

Realistically speaking, by your 30s and 40s you'll probably outgrow games and won't be into as much as you used to be
>>
>>387082190
i feel like i'll get tired of most video games by that age.

the one exception is i'll probably get tired of fighting games a lot later
>>
>>387082190
The only video game I've grown out of is Pokemon and that's only because the games went to shit after the Black and White series.
>>
>>387082190
I'm 30 and I really only play a couple games a year. I just lurk here on break at work because it's equally shit compared to everything else online.
>>
33, still don't feel that way. Getting sick of these "tired gaymur" style threads as of late.
>>
>>387082190
>Realistically speaking, by your 30s and 40s you'll probably outgrow games and won't be into as much as you used to be

Why?

>Literally forgetting to provide an argument to your shit thread

30 and I still play games every day. Mostly TBS.
>>
>Realistically speaking, by your 30s and 40s you'll probably outgrow games
Take a look around you at all the games playing on 90s kid nostalgia. Only an idiot thinks marketing isn't targeting this demographic and will magically stop once they reach a certain age. There'll be nursing homes filled with people playing the 8th remake of PS1 platformers.
>>
>slowly getting tired of videogames
>nothing else entertains me

I'd dump my resources into a new hobby but no cash.
>>
>>387082628
This. I turn 33 in October. Modern "gamers" are more insufferable than games really. It's pretty obvious to people were around when gaming was niche that most of "gamers" never even liked games and were just desperate for a means of identification as a kid.
>>
I'm 28 now, and I enjoy games as much as I used to when I was younger. The only difference is that I've shifted away from open world games and RPGs and I've moved towards games that I can pick up for 30 minutes at a time. We live in a world where 70 year old men can where Spider Man t-shirts without rebuff so I don't think there's really an age limit on vidya.
>>
>>387082190
I've been playing games for as long as I remember, its been the one constant throughout my entire life that has always interested me, why would I lose interest in 7 years time when I turn 30 or 17 years at 40?
>>
42 here, cant even finish games now really im more into the meme games like overwatch and pubg

something you can play right away and turn off, cant play mmos anymore or LONG single player games

dont have any patience anymore
>>
>>387082190
40 and I still love videogames I hate game culture with a passion though.
>>
Im already tired of them at 26
>>
>>387082190
31 weeb looking forward to more Neps this winter.
FF14 raids hold me over, but I'm getting tired of o3s. I want more info on 4.1 already.

On topic though, no I'm not tired of games. I'm more tired of people saying I waste my time when they just go home, feed their screaming shit kids and then watch 3 hours of TV before going to bed. Still unsure of the difference between us, but whatever floats their boat.
>>
>>387083404
>The only difference is that I've shifted away from open world games and RPGs and I've moved towards games that I can pick up for 30 minutes at a time.
I've gone in the opposite direction of this, personally.
When I was in university my schedule was much more complex than it is now, being irregular and broken up into chunks.
Now I have one big chunk of work and one big chunk of free time, so it's better for me to sit down after dinner and just do a big stretch of one game.
>>
68 year old. I wish I was young when modern games were out. I like a lot of new games but I can't connect well with young people and everyone my age plays Wii Bowling for the eighth year straight.
>>
>>387084269
>feed their screaming shit kids
Yeah, I've finally reached the age where coworkers are starting to judge me for not being married with children. Meanwhile they show up to work every day with luggage under their eyes, pack fruit cups for lunch, and have to leave work early so they can pick up their spawn to deliver them to soccer practice. I can hear them talk about how they're excited to buy school supplies, essentially because it's cheaper than summer camp. Good for them that this is their model for happiness but it doesn't make any fucking sense to me.
>>
>>387083834
I find it difficult to keep interested in short games for any long period of time. I did some overwatch and splatoon, but then I'm just thinking about those RPGs I haven't finished yet and I want to put more hours into those instead of focus on one repetitive game.
On the opposite side of that, I really want to play more Disgaea but fuck grinding that much now.
>>
>>387084745
post liver spot hands with timestamp
>>
>>387082190

I'm 34 and still enjoy it though I have had gaps in play when I was busy with life shit. What are adults like me supposed to do for entertainment?

Inb4 some /pol/ fag says I should build a wood table log cabin in my free time
>>
I won't get tired of games, there's just a lack of worthwhile games. And there's no sign of it improving.
>>
File: 1469324551532.jpg (90KB, 563x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469324551532.jpg
90KB, 563x675px
>>387082190
I'm 38 and still buy games even when I barely have any time to play
I love RPG's but most of the time I just play them for 4-5 hours and go back to more simple games like overwatch/DOAX 3/project diva.
I also spend lots of time crafting/gathering in FF XIV and being able to buy my way out of forced dungeons was great! now I can enjoy the sub quests without dealing with elitists and steamrollers
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.