[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after spending tons of time in Red Orchestra 2 I finally gave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: rising-storm-2-logo.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rising-storm-2-logo.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So after spending tons of time in Red Orchestra 2 I finally gave in and bought Rising Storm 2, put some hours into and mostly enjoy it, but I'm not sure if I enjoy it more or less than RO2.

The squad system seems better thought out, but the weapons don't feel as good. The server browser is still awful, and it still has annoying bugs as per anything Tripwire does.

The servers still seem relatively full, but when you crunch numbers there are never any more than 1,000 or so people playing at any given time, so I don't know if that's going to last. Also I'm in the UK but the damn game keeps setting my keyboard layout to US and I can't fix it by resetting the language settings in Windows because it says I'm still on UK mode, it only resets when I restart the computer, which is really annoying in a really specific way.

Thoughts on the game?
>>
No one likes the games I like :(
>>
>>387073992
I bought it and tried it out, I'd say it's worth it for the price of the game but overall it doesn't sit right with me
The entire game feels unpolished, the unique mechanics are good in theory but frustrate me more than make me want to play. I'm usually fighting with the bad collision and last time I played there was a bad glitch that made switching weapons very difficult
Either you invest time into playing the game and learning the community or you get sniped/blown up for not knowing the correct places to take cover
It does feel like an actual war game, I'd say it's better than any other 'realistic' war experience I've had. But realism doesn't equate to fun, and in the end the way to win is to exploit boring strategies and play cautiously. Knowing the map is also a gamewinner since it's impossible to tell which cover is safe until you or a teammate gets shot, and that just takes experience.
People on the mic are complete cringe, usually making the same Vietnamese stereotypes over the mic ad nautisticseum
It's fun to do some flanking maneuvers with the team or get a string of kills when you find a perfect sniping spot int he brush, but after about ten hours it becomes more of a pain to play especially since all the gun types feel different but all the guns within those types feel exactly the same...
>>
>weapons don't feel as good
I wholeheartedly disagree.
Overall I like it a lot more than RO2 mostly thanks to the supremacy gamemode.
>>
tripwire post-ostfront can suck my fucking dick. it's absurd how a talented studio can manage to devolve and create worse games as they grow
>>
shit game, feels sloppy and cheaply made which is TWs trademark.

plus nobody fucking plays it
>>
Not enough maps and I don't find stock TE maps very good.
>>
Team stacking is a big problem again, same as RO2 too. But I think that might just be my favourite'd servers, because the same clan runs RO2 and RS2 servers. When I've moved away from them, I've found much more even and fun games. Which is annoying because those are generally the most reliably full and lowest ping servers I have access to.
>>
I don't really agree with your point about the weapons. I don't play the moist nugget and all the other weapons feel great as long as you don't put them on full Auto all the time.

But for me the lack of dedicated squad leader classes and land vehicles is kinda leaving a lackluster feeling.
Yes I know tanks and apcs weren't that prominent in the jungle but man did I love the communication inside the tanks.
>>
>>387073992
I was enjoying it but there's too much shit going on, especially with the maps being designed poorly.
>>
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>387073992
Needs a few more maps.

Also more bugfixes. You could easily make a birgirpall video just by playing this game for 6 hours.
>>
>>387076408
>it ain't me that's playing this CRAP game
>>
>>387076294
>I don't really agree with your point about the weapons

They just feel big and clunky and video-gamey somehow.

Also whatever change they've made to the AK lately has made it almost unstoppable. It was already better than than M16 and now it has barely any recoil and even the single shot mode seems better.
>>
>>387077834
According to the patch notes they reduced the recoil on the AKs by 25%. No idea why they would do that. The AK was perfectly fine. Not as pinpoint accurate or low-recoil as the M16 but you could spray down an area much better.
>>
>>387078514
I think most people were using the most accurate one and all the others were being completely ignored in comparison.
>>
File: 1477712302389.png (238KB, 407x511px) Image search: [Google]
1477712302389.png
238KB, 407x511px
>>387073992
I like RS2 a lot. I have 250 hours in it and will continue racking up more over the years.
I much prefer RO2 though and am occasionally nostalgic for it while playing RS2.
>>
nothing else to play ... all the other fps are shit ( lmao at battlefield 1 ) i rate it 7/10
>>
>>387078514
The AK variants were absolute dogshit before this patch. They were only ever useful in extremely close quarters. Now it's actually fun to be a Vietnamese rifleman and the m16 is still a lot better so balance doesn't really suffer much.
>>
File: cup.jpg (19KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
cup.jpg
19KB, 429x399px
>>387073992
these games sound great on paper but the devs aren't that great. it's like they need to hire a team of 5 people to polish their game for a few months and then it would be a masterpiece

this series is always close to being great but it never hits the mark
>>
>>387073992
Way too little content
>>
>>387079513
It's a cheap game though anon
>>
>>387079513
it costs nothing tho .. like fucking PUBG COSTS 35 EURO?? AND WHAT IS THIS ? A FUCKING FREE FOR ALL crap ...
>>
>>387079602
>>387079643
Not an argument when cheaper competition has more content.
>>
>>387079772
who would that be ? who is cheaper competition ?
>>
>>387078959
Personally I ran with the AKM+bayonet. 25% accuracy and second highest kills out of any gun according to my statistics.
>>387079472
I won't say that the M16 isn't better than the AKs but calling them "dogshit" is blowing things out of proportion massively.
>>
>>387079857
Day of Infamy
>>
>>387079772
Like?
Also it's absolutely an argument, it's a budget product and thusly has budget features
>>
>>387079898
I used the itty bitty baby AK personally. Great for tunnels.
>>
>Play flamethrower
>15% of the game is having a blast melting gooks while clearing out an objective
>Other 85% is being completely helpless and useless at range while getting your brains blown out getting to the objective or losing a 1v1 engagement because you saw each other at the same time
>>
>>387080626
M1911 is pretty good though.
>>
File: 1488225097388.jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1488225097388.jpg
10KB, 231x218px
>>387080626
>accidentally flame a bunch of teammates
>>
And what's up with the mic volume in this game? They're either way too quiet or they blow your ears out.
>>
I want more guns. What do you guys want to see? I want another SMG for the US because the Grease Gun is fucking terrible, maybe an Uzi or something. An Arisaka for the VC would be cool too
>>
lack of local voice chat is really fucking annoying
>>
>>387081073
A BAR for the US would be nice, I really dislike the sights and inaccuracy of the M60
>>
Maybe NWI can make a Vietnam game next or like day of infamy from insurgency it will offshoot as a mod of that game and become standalone. all depends on how Sandstorm turns out I suppose
>>
File: 1454462627040.gif (1MB, 489x417px) Image search: [Google]
1454462627040.gif
1MB, 489x417px
>>387079476
babbies first TWI game?
they fuck it up then let the community fix it while making empty promises to fix it
>>
>>387081073
CAR for US but it won't happen since it came so late.
Dunno what VC could get.
>>
>>387082118
Any outdated Russian equipment, any French colonial weaponry, or WWII Japanese occupancy weaponry
>>
>>387082409
I don't want to see more WW2 weaponry, though.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.