[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Mana games any good? I remember playing SoM at my friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: secret of mana.jpg (84KB, 530x373px) Image search: [Google]
secret of mana.jpg
84KB, 530x373px
Are the Mana games any good? I remember playing SoM at my friends house when I was younger, but that was it. Never really looked into the series further until recently
>>
>>387070546
games are shit
>>
>>387070615
Fpwp
>>
>>387070546
I would be also interested in this, they say Legends of Mana for the PS1 is nice, it certainly looks great, but I never played it myself, can't say anything about the other games.
>>
They all have really nice art/sprites IMO.

Legend of Mana is weird because the game has so many routes to take which makes it a bit bizarre for the casual jrpg player.

Secret of Mana is an snes staple. Really fun and nice colors.
>>
>>387070546
Not really. The graphics and sound are fantastic but everything else is mediocre.
-Wonky pseudo realtime combat that isn't really realtime
-Nonexistant collision detection when fighting bosses (You can get hit when you're literally on the other side of the screen)
-Writing that would have been trash even in a 3rd generation game
-Barely competent level design.

People seem to love them because they're multiplayer. But people will love anything that's multiplayer.
>>
>>387070546
one of the highlights of the SNES
get the other parts as well, "SoM" is just one out of 3 games of this series
>>
>>387072382
Came to love this, at least for SoM. Trash game.
>>
>>387070546
Even more nostalgia driven than Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger is actually an okay game though, even if it doesn't crack the top 10 JRPGs the SNES had to offer. Secret of Mana is a fucking mess, though.
>>
File: 1232342356457.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1232342356457.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
not as good as picrelated
>>
>>387070546
Great soundtrack. But like others said gameplay nor story doesn't holds the game it falls apart pretty quickly. Bonus mention for Sword of Mana.
>>
Going back to playing Secret of Mana with a bro and a friend via emulator and netplay, it plays alot like MMORPGs.

In order to get good damage out of your weapons, you have to let the percent (aka the cooldown) fill to 100%.

You can also charge your weapon attacks (cast bar so to speak) to do extra damage, use the magic for buffs, debuffs, extra damage, healing (though using magic stops movement and damage from being allowed for abit).

It's pretty great if you like RPGs where positioning can be important for certain attacks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.