[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone play this? I never see it come up in horror game discussions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: ruleofrose.jpg (193KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ruleofrose.jpg
193KB, 1024x768px
Did anyone play this? I never see it come up in horror game discussions. It can't be that bad.
I had three copies of this game because my younger siblings would ruin them(Gamestop had them for a couple bucks and I first chose it at random) and now it's expensive as fuck to get a physical copy.

Controls were garbage but I remember it being pretty spooky and loving the atmosphere. And what the fuck was up with the airship?
>>
>>387068843
A pure psychological horror game as there can ever be. Not sure why it flopped so hard, but at least it's a horror gem nowadays. Mostly because of the aesthetics and the story I guess. Very pretty graphics for a PS2 game too, it looks gorgeous emulated.
>>
>>387068843
The OST is balls blastingly amazing
>>
It seems like it can't be perfectly emulated, or at least I can't figure out how. I'm missing cutscenes for some reason, every time I try. And of course you can't buy it so yeah, I still haven't played it.
>>
File: BrownStrayDog.png (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BrownStrayDog.png
622KB, 1920x1080px
>>387069812
>>387069918
Agreed. I used one of their songs in some highschool animation project.

Also for such a simple idea, Stray Dog's concept was neat and disturbing. An aggressive, grown ass man pretending to be a dog and lunging at you is terrifying.

The imps freaked me out too and mermaid princess made me feel downright terrible. I knew Clara was getting fucked and this was some rape analogy.

>>387070085
Fuck. I was hoping to replay it that way at some point since I don't even own a ps2 anymore.
>>
I played it because in my country this game caused an uproar as the rumor that the game was about burying little girls alive spread. Unfortunately the game was not about that, instead it was some broken (and by that I mean the game was basically in alpha stage levels of broken) piece of shit pseudo ripoff of Silent Hill except the story sucked, the enemies were legitimately ridiculous (they made me laugh most of the time), and the whole game was shit. Even the music was atrocious as it was mostly violin stuff that started piercing your eardrums after 5 minutes.

Honestly it was one of the worst games I ever played.
>>
>>387070386
You can emulate it perfectly, you just have to have a certain option enabled. I don't remember which, it's been years since I emulated it, but it's fully playable.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-16-46-13.png (624KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-16-46-13.png
624KB, 1440x2560px
>>387068843
It's crazy how expensive this game has become.
>>
>>387070518
Cutscenes are always just black screen for me. Please try to remember which option that was.
>>
I tried watching a playthrough of the game and it just makes me furious. I don't care what the ending twist is, the main character is a grown ass woman who lets little kids torture the shit out of her, she doesn't question anything, she doesn't even say shit!

Even if it's explained at the end of the game, the player needs to connect and sympathize with a main character in a horror game, and I just can't. Slap the shit out of one of the kids or something.
>>
>>387070624
Dude, just googled "rule of rose emulation cutscenes not playing" and got the answer.

It says to tick the "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays" option in the fixes menu.
>>
>>387070624
I think you have to switch to software mode every time there's a cutscene. Works fine, just means it's good old original res.

Think it's the only way to get it to work.

You can switch between hardware and software mode with F9 I think.
>>
>>387070804
She does rebel against them at some point, but it goes downhill from there. I even felt pretty bad for the little shits. I get what you mean, but unfortunately it's one of those psychological games that it sort of makes sense in the end.

You see Jennifer as a grown adult, but she's reliving everything that happened when she was a little kid, just in a twisted way. She's trying to remember all the shit that happened so she can keep the memory of her dog safe in her mind.
>>
File: HeadBags.jpg (50KB, 540x275px) Image search: [Google]
HeadBags.jpg
50KB, 540x275px
>>387070601
Really regret not buying it when it was $80. Conkers Bad Fur Day went down and Rule of Rose went up.

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that the reason why it's so rare was because they just flat out stopped making copies.

>>387070804
Jennifer really should have been younger. I get that this was going through her memories and shit but you're right. Would have been less irritating with how shit Jennifer was at doing anything, which is my biggest complaint. It didn't even feel like she was just trying to survive in 'their world', just got knocked around and screamed a lot.

At the very least, introduce her as an adult but play her as a kid even if it's just because that's how she sees herself since his entire game is her trying to recall memories.
>>
>>387070816
>>387070827
Oh thanks, gonna try it out then.
>>
The game's gameplay is atrocious and flat out broken, it probably has some of the worst hit detection in any modern game. You're better off watching a let's play of it.
>>
Don't let it die.
>>
>>387072696
Talk about things then, anon.
>>
File: Clara_Funeral.png (327KB, 406x529px) Image search: [Google]
Clara_Funeral.png
327KB, 406x529px
>>387073171
So confirmed rape victim and possibly abortion was Clara, right? Diana was a soon to be victim, that fucking guy was starting to show way too much interest in her, but never got to do anything.
>>
File: 3a4.jpg (20KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
3a4.jpg
20KB, 380x254px
>>387070601
>tfw bought mine for 20 dollars when it first came out

Good lord I didn't know
>>
>>387071091
>>387071325
I'm glad others understand. The twist is a cool one, and the game premise with that twist in mind is solid, but I can't get over the fact that she is visibly an adult, but acting so meek. Like ya said, either have her as a little kid so her being so powerless makes more sense, or have her be more defiant early on, asking questions and trying to get the truth because that's what she's actually doing by trying to remember shit, and show some supernatural consequences for what happens when she doesn't play ball.
>>
File: diana.png (454KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
diana.png
454KB, 800x433px
>>387073409
Right off the back I knew Hoffman was fucking her and later scenes even heavier imply it. Maybe abortion since in the sick room had those devices used for gynecological examinations, Clara walks weird(pain or she is just scared/reluctant) and Mermaid Princess has those stitches on her abdomen.

Hoffman was into Diana too. He got all up in her grill but besides this scene and Diana calling him disgusting after it he may have just been creepy towards her and hadn't had the chance to abuse her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFVCGRIfGE

The wiki also says there is unused audio clips of Clara saying
>"It's cold in here. How can I get out? What do I do? But I don't want to go outside, but I don't want to stay in here either. I'm sorry! I'm sorry! >Please forgive me! Forgive me, please, please! I won't do it again! Help me! I'm all alone... all alone... it hurts! I don't want to be alone! Nothing I do makes it any better!"

and of one that sounds like Hoffman is apparently making sex noises.
>>
>>387074702
I have that audio. I sometimes forget I have it downloaded and it plays when I randomize the shit I have in my downloads and it scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>387073409
>>387074702
Better clip and has Clara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWiFBCG3I0

The soundclip of Clara crying(have to skip around somewhere around 1:00 for her to start talking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ScRxDygdU

For some reason, it being an unused clip makes it more depressing. Like the unused sound clip from Beyond Two Souls when David Cage was going to have her actually raped and that was the audio for the aftermath.
>>
None of the bad things would have happened if Jennifer had just gotten rid of that dirty mongrel. So really she was the villain of the story.
>>
>>387075305
She or Wendy should have died somehow before anything happened. Wendy by being a stupid weak little shit or Jennifer in that plane crash along with her family.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.