[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super power open world mmo fps with rpg elements I want to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: oug0XiU.jpg (581KB, 890x1242px)
oug0XiU.jpg
581KB, 890x1242px
Super power open world mmo fps with rpg elements

I want to give it a gritty tone, but not necessarily dark

gibe ideas im all ears
>>
>MMOFPSRPG
>gritty tone
Yeah okay, good luck maintaining tone with 50+ people crammed in a room being afk, 20 more spamming trade requests and circlejerking about the best stats, and 10 more chatting about the news and twitch streamers.
>>
>>387065470
>implying theres no world pvp and the game doesnt revolve around it
>>
>>387065714
So it's constant 24/7 deathmatch? Sounds more like a battle royale game than an MMO. Tell me about what RPG elements you want to include and I'll tell you why they're bad
>>
>>387066105
kinda, but like minecraft they'll eventually have to group together and play the content (think EVE online), but unlike minecraft destroying bases is much harder (when people eventully manage to have enough shit to build anything and etc) (not a block building game, buildable structures are premade)
>>
>>387064874
>>387066526
So basically you want Planetside 2 but grittier?
>>
>>387067668
planeside 2 is a literal deathmatch though and players cant do shit but kill but create nothing of their own
>>
destiny with one open world and some grit
>>
>>387064874
>good combat
>mmo
pick one
>>
>>387068295
You can build entire bases, like buildings to gather resources, fortification walls, forcefield generators and shit like that. And all of them can be destroyed by the enemy factions. That's why I said that.
>>
>>387070038
yeah but it probably takes 2 seconds to make and ressources that come from basically nowhere and it ends when the match is over i guess?
>>
>>387070350
I'm not sure. I had hundreds of hours in the game before dropping it but I only played before they added base building(back when the game was endless TDM pretty much). I played it again for a couple of hours when the construction patch came, so I don't know much about it.
Here's what I remember:
>players have to drive a resource harvesting vehicle to crystals which are located all over the continent
>then they protect the vehicle while it gathers resources from said crystals
>those resources can be used to build bases
>bases will need generators that keep everything powered up(such as defenses and spawn points)
It's kinda like Command & Conquer at times, but in first person.
Also I'm not sure but I guess that all the enemy buildings despawn when a continent is conquered by a faction. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>387071681
my game is anarchy anyway no premade factions, cant be like PS2 just because of that + other shit i wont reeveal anyway gotta go
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.