[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with these guys? I genuinely enjoyed Strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Telltale_Games_logo.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Telltale_Games_logo.png
22KB, 400x400px
What went wrong with these guys?

I genuinely enjoyed Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Tales of Monkey Island and fucking loved the Sam and Max games but their more recent offerings leave me speechless.
>>
>>387053673
The Walking Dead happened
>>
They figured out that making licensed stuff with no puzzles or anything like that to halt progression will make them the most money. Perhaps that will change if people get sick of these shitty games, but I've been waiting for that for awhile.
>>
>>387053673
>episodic gaming
>all choices lead to the same end
>better to just watch 1 or 2 playthroughs than actually play it
>outdated engine makes everything robotic and shit looking
>>
>>387053673

Morons worshiped the first Walking Dead to the point that it got GOTY awards and shit. Telltale has been coasting on the same busted-ass game engine and simple narratives ever since, cheaping out on developing more complex games in favor of license whoring.
>>
>>387053673
>same engine since puzzle agent
>most of the original writters left
>walking dead
>cash grabs thanks to easy to get ips
>>
>You bought The Walking Dead.
>Telltale Games will remember that.
>>
>>387053673
>What went wrong with these guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2BWYVusMs
>>
Because they made a formula that worked for a while
>Acquire license
>write generic plot
>make sure to include muh sadness
>don't forget the illusion of choice, because writing is hard!
And they fucking banked
>>
File: telltale games.png (1MB, 1196x770px) Image search: [Google]
telltale games.png
1MB, 1196x770px
>>
>>387055557
>don't forget the illusion of choice, because writing is hard!
It would be impossible for any game with voice acting and a real narrative to achieve that.

The best case scenario are games like Deus Ex, and even in the end you're piped down a few endings.
>>
>>387056256
I'm not asking for a game where every decision matters, I'm asking for a game where more than two of hundreds of decisions matters.
>>
>>387056256

It would be feasible, it'd just require a shit-ton more planning than Telltale wants to get into, and honestly with so many retards drooling over their current low-effort productions, there's no reason for them to ever try it.
>>
File: fucking shit.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
fucking shit.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
>>387053673
Was this the worst game they made? Even worse than Jurassic Park?
>>
>>387056886
I dunno, both were pretty shit-tier-tastic
>>
>>387056886
>>387055506
>>
>>387056886
I never played this one or the back to the future one, but the jurassic park one was really really bad.
>>
>>387057160
Cmon, that's not fair. Jurassic Park and GoT were both intended for an adult audience and MC story mode is meant for kids.
>>
File: 1474394832254.jpg (32KB, 286x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474394832254.jpg
32KB, 286x281px
>>387055506
>this pile of shit got a 2nd season while TWAU is dead in the water

worst timeline, who the FUCK even asked for this?
>>
>>387056886
The only reason I marathoned through this was to see how the plot plays out. Kinda boring how the choices all lead to same conclusion and there is no gameplay whatsoever. Oh, and the climax and revelation beyond the wall was utterly retarded. There's literally no reason to replay the game ever.
>>
>>387057952
Money. Kids eat up anything Minecraft-related and youtubers and streamers played the first season ironically to see how bad it is.
TellTale sees profits, TellTale makes what is most profitable.
>>
All I wanted was a new sam and max season.
>>
>>387057952
They confirmed a TWAU sequel earlier this year

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-19-telltale-announces-the-wolf-among-us-season-two-days-after-telling-fans-not-to-get-hopes-up
>>
>>387057952
eeeeh
hey did turn that frown upside down aight ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyxVaTmDjkw
>>
>>387056618
The planning is totally doable, but the budget needed to voice and animate all those branching paths would have to be double or triple what it is now. Plus the production of each episode would take a lot longer, with possibly only one or two episodes per year. Not saying a voiced game couldn't have deeper role playing and choices that matter, but based on telltale's current workflow, it's not really possible.
>>
File: sam and max wallpaper.jpg (681KB, 1956x1510px) Image search: [Google]
sam and max wallpaper.jpg
681KB, 1956x1510px
>>387058136
As long as modern telltale exists, I don't want to see Sam and Max back.
>>
>>387058352
>>387058252
didn't even hear about this. still doesnt quench the blinding rage over Minecraft story mode existing at all
>>
File: this is a fail state.webm (422KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is a fail state.webm
422KB, 1280x720px
>>387057952
literal autistic children who will buy anything vaguely block-shaped
>>
>>387058727
Didn't someone try playing that game without responding to any of the prompts?
The conclusion was that there are maybe 3 spots where you can actually die
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.