[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never be rich as fuck so you can make a development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1495733403167.png (94KB, 796x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1495733403167.png
94KB, 796x1082px
>you will never be rich as fuck so you can make a development studio to idea guy the shit out of non-casualized AAAA games while an actually experienced lead developer is tasked to functionally implement all your whims
why even live
>>
File: 1499986864387.jpg (105KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499986864387.jpg
105KB, 1600x1200px
MOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>387051546
Who?
>>
File: 1502487494257.png (283KB, 471x427px) Image search: [Google]
1502487494257.png
283KB, 471x427px
>most rich people are normalfags
>all funded gaems are trash

just kill me senpai
>>
>>387052057
insert original xbox controller joke here
>>
I clicked on this thread because of the Shadow of Colossus image and now I'm disappointed it has nothing to do with Shadow of Colossus.
Shadow of Colossus thread.
>>
>>387051473

>We will never have an RDR style open world Dark Tower game with swappable party members between members of the Ka Tet
>We will never get this with a high budget title like Mad Max that's riding on the coattails of a major film but isn't tied directly to it
>The Dark Tower will never get another chance at being a successful screen adaptation
>>
File: 1389304609282.jpg (56KB, 492x305px) Image search: [Google]
1389304609282.jpg
56KB, 492x305px
>>387051473
>notch has enough money to do that and fail a hundred times with no repercussions
>spend his time arguing and being bored as fuck on twitter
the second you have that much money your mind would change
approaching a limited budget and having experience would be much better
>>
>>387052562
>approaching a limited budget and having experience would be much better
You could warm up with limited games and work your way up to the ridiculous projects
>>
>>387051473
SotC general,

What are your hopes and dreams for the PS4 remake?
>>
>>387051473
I scam ppl on a large base. Im gettin therre
>>
>>387052508
This really activates my fucking almonds, the dark tower series deserved better than this.
>>
>>387053573
I hope it will never come out
>>
>>387052562
>implying he has any more ideas and isn't a one-shot hack
>>
>>387051473
I thought you was talking about genDesign
>>
>>387052508
Well you got a shit tier movie with a token nigga. Seriously that movie is shit.
>>
File: adult_exhausting.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adult_exhausting.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Okay, so I'm an actual gamedev, and I used to work for a company where boss was a literal idea guy who didn't do anything. Somehow he lucked out, and managed to earn a couple million on an Early Access game, so he expanded the company, etc.
Do you think the game became even close to good? Of course not. The boss eventually started to micro-manage the shit out of everyone, pushing his absolutely retarded ideas about development on people he hired to make the game for him. Eventually this resulted in people either quitting or being fired, him losing a lot of money, and game being a fucking mess.

And this is not the only case where people lucked out with funding, but not accomplishing anything in the end.

Money doesn't guarantee success.
>>
>>387053573
I'm not buying it because my PS3 HD Collection still works. It looks nice but i was disappointed of the "no new content" thing but i'm sure it will be a decent remake. I still think something about the lighting looks off though.
>>
>>387055417
boss is not the same as owner, and a few million isn't that much money for a game dev company

I'm talking about having a billion or so, making a dev team, then hiring kojima or warren specter or whomever to lead the thing, while I meet with him and explain what I want to see in a game and him telling me if it's retarded or not
>hey kojimbo, I want to make an open world game in like, a giant cave world and you can bury your way through the environment and also it has dark souls combat and a variable story line and dragons and crafting
to which he would reply
>that will never work you retarded fucking gaijin because X and Y
or
>I think we could do that honorable neckbeard-san, let's just discuss this idea a bit further...
and then I sit home and play video games with hookers while receiving periodical updates of the progress and occasionally interjecting some more ideas, which my lieutenant would shoot down or apply
>>
File: NWN_0[1].jpg (17KB, 365x280px) Image search: [Google]
NWN_0[1].jpg
17KB, 365x280px
I want to do development and run a studio, but I feel like none of my ideas are that original.
They include:
- A Metroidvania set in and around a modern-day city with all of the areas based on popular urban exploration locations
- A homage to Zelda 2, with a similarly satisfying swordplay system
- Basically Neverwinter Nights with even more moddability. You could even make custom rulesets so that if someone wants they can make Pathfinder or D&D 5.0 or whatever. No copyright issues because it's all user-made content.
>>
>>387056387
>- A homage to Zelda 2, with a similarly satisfying swordplay system

Mah nigga. AoL doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>387055417
/v/ has a very child-like worldview.
"My ideas are amazing. If I pay someone to make this ideas reality I'll create the best game ever".
And those ideas aren't even good in the first place.

>>387056351
So, if you're rich enough can you bring a dinosaur to life?
>>
>>387056496
>So, if you're rich enough can you bring a dinosaur to life?
the difference is that it's technologically impossible to bring dinosaurs to life as of now while video games get released every day AND people are willing to make video games in return for a salary, therefore you can hire those people to make video games for you
>>
>>387056675
No, it's not different. You think that money is the only thing you need to create something and if you throw enough money at it you'll obtain that very thing you desire.
If that's the case then why so many Kickstarter projects have been disappointing?
>>
>>387056496
>>387057149
>child-like worldview.
>No, it's not different.
It's completely different you stupid child.
>>
File: 1425645694312.png (679KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425645694312.png
679KB, 1280x720px
Add to the thread how the finished product would be great... for the anon who commissioned it and no one else.
It would lack appeal, even for small circles of fans who play niche games.
>>
>>387057149
except I've already said I would be delegating the actual task of developing the game to real developers, including filtering my ideas
kickstarter projects don't even need to make anything good, and the developers are, unless very passionate, incentivized to NOT make the game as good as possible, so they can funnel their already acquired money into their pockets, instead of into the game (and then the returns from that into their pockets)
maybe you wouldn't be able to make some sort of molyneux "you can do anything" game, but you could very well make something that fit just your tastes, and had the budget to do so without cutting too many corners

as long as you manage to assemble a team that's skilled, organized and motivated enough, you're sailing easy (personally, they would still have to work hard)

but I'm sure you could find people to help you with that too
>>
>>387052562
he doesnt have the qualifications to make a big budget game in the first place, you cant make a game on money alone, you'd need connections within the industry, even picking a dev team isnt easy
>>
>>387057892
That would depend entirely on the idea
if your idea is "dark souls in space" it's not really some esoteric bullshit only you and three art snobs on the planet would enjoy
>>
>>387057892
>Add to the thread how the finished product would be great... for the anon who commissioned it and no one else.

That's a bit of a nonsensical claim. There are plenty of older/smaller games that were passion projects for the developers who didn't care what others thought, that eventually struck a cord with others who played the games.
>>
>>387052562
Notch was a shitty dev that cobbled together half-assed garbage for a meager income. Minecraft was an accidental lightning strike that he never even utilized to the extent of the property's ability. It just took off because of little kids and the POTENTIAL that it had. Because Notch is a dumbshit that can't code, write, or even create art assets he immediately dropped that shit and went to live the high life. Notch guy has no ideas, so he's not an "idea guy".

>you'd need connections within the industry
Word of mouth and putting your game up on steam is really all you need in this day and age. You don't need connections for shit anymore.
>>
>>387057894
>including filtering my ideas
Let's be honest: that wouldn't happen at all.
Given how it's your money, you're calling the shots and the developing team are in fact they're here to create the game you want, you would force your ideas no matter how much said team oppose it.
For starters, your idea is pretty retarded. Dark Souls combat works because it combines level design with enemy placement and enemy attacks; an open world game where you're tunnelling would kill all of that.
>>
>>387053573
>What are your hopes and dreams for the PS4 remake?
Since it's confirmed that we're getting fuck-all, I won't even be buying it. Especially after how the Last Guardian turn out.
>>
>>387058842
>Given how it's your money, you're calling the shots and the developing team are in fact they're here to create the game you want, you would force your ideas no matter how much said team oppose it.
alright, so you're just going nuh uh and saying what I would do even when I said I wouldn't
I wouldn't just let them shanghai my budget to make something I don't give a shit about of course, but I have lots of ideas, there has to be at least one that isn't fundamentally unworkable, not forcing my ideas is why I mentioned having a seasoned developer go over them with me
and forcing yourself into every decision wouldn't even be enjoyable unless you have personality issues, unless you feel very strongly about like, skill design, you'd leave that up to the experienced professionals to put hundreds of man hours into and rely on them getting the best result
>For starters, your idea is pretty retarded. Dark Souls combat works because it combines level design with enemy placement and enemy attacks; an open world game where you're tunnelling would kill all of that.
that was just something I made up on the spot and even tried to make sound retarded
and even if it's retarded, that's what I hired kojima to tell me
>>
File: 1502105584270.png (108KB, 194x192px) Image search: [Google]
1502105584270.png
108KB, 194x192px
>>387051473
Always wanted to play a legless character.
Or at least a fucking kid wielding revolvers akimbo.
Fuck this reality.
>>
>>387059629
The problem is, at the end is that seasoned developer the one truly calling the shots; You hired Hideo Kojima to do your tunnel Dark Souls so the thing you got was at the end was a Metal Gearl-esque subterranean game with stamina bars.
Depending on the developer you're getting a particular game.
>>
>>387060392
Sure, you wouldn't hire a fighting game dev to make a strategy game, but I think you're underestimating the flexibility of some devs. Maybe [Kojima] only wants to make [metal gear clones] if left to his own devices, but if he was commissioned he could probably make something else and have it be good. And really, except for a few parts, you often don't have an exact idea of a game you want to make, it's up to kojima to fill the blanks. And a game with blanks would be more fun to play, cause then you get to explore shit.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.