[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the secret to PUBG's success? Every streamer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: ss+(2017-08-14+at+01.01.31).png (25KB, 587x336px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-14+at+01.01.31).png
25KB, 587x336px
What's the secret to PUBG's success?
Every streamer game/battle royale meme game of the month seems to die out by now, but PUBG has been growing faster and faster

Is it going to start declining soon?
I thought it fucked over the playerbase with MTX or something?
>>
>>387048021

Take of your /v/ meme glasses

>/battle royale meme game of the month seems to die out by now
blatantly false, check player retention on steamspy

>Is it going to start declining soon?
It will be THE best selling game on steam (in the last 5 years), and THE best selling game on the ps4 and xbone
>>
>>387048021
>What's the secret to PUBG's success?
It's almost entirely random luck. Dozens of similar games fail annually, but every now and then one is in the right place at the right time and becomes popular.
>>
>>387048309
Name two major battle royale games on steam.
>>
>>387049105
*two dozen
>>
>>387049105
H1z1 king of the kill and PUBG. Both are streamer bait trash that have nothing to offer and will be forgotten and replaced by mid next year just like how h1z1 was "super popular".
>>
>>387048021
It's just refining the meme formula of shit like Day Z that you see on Early Access every 10 minutes

They're just slowly getting better at them
>>
Can PUBG beat Zelda at GOTY?
>>
>>387048021
There really isn't one. It's streamer bait that streamers liked and it got popular. That's all.
>>
File: 1466801057731.jpg (99KB, 854x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466801057731.jpg
99KB, 854x960px
who even play this
>>
>>387049476
h1z1 was never super popular
>>
File: 342.jpg (19KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
342.jpg
19KB, 251x251px
>>387050347
>mfw there's a game that will do Rust/Conan properly and get all the shekels
>>
>>387050726
Yes it was.
It had a tournament not too long before PUBG came out that was one of the most watched streams that day.
It was constantly in the top ten of both Steam sales and Twitch and only died off once PUBG came out.

It's just the same cycle repeating itself.
>>
>people still compare this game to BR when it's clearly inspired by the Hunger Games
PU is a huge SJW so it just makes sense...
>>
>>387048021
It's good.
>>
>>387048021
Good looking females models with underwear.
>>
File: 1429893666760.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429893666760.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>387052759
I love the ellipsis lol

>people still compare this game to BR when it's clearly inspired by the Hunger Games
>But Hunger Games is inspired by BR

Really fires up the neurons
>>
>>387054250
Hunger Games was not inspired by BR. Suzanne Collins had never even heard of it until some jackass asked her about it at one of her screenings. PU however, clearly has more in common with HG than BR. It has a lot of easter eggs and nods to BR, but it's clearly a Hunger Games game
>>
>>387054457
I honestly just can't give her the benefit of the doubt on that. That you had never heard of Battle fucking Royale. You can't write something with pretty much the same fucking premise a decade later and just claim you'd never heard of this amazing cult hit book/movie/manga--I just don't buy it

Collins potentially lying her ass off aside, what are some examples in ways its more HG than BR?
>>
File: 1502091628886.png (129KB, 280x292px) Image search: [Google]
1502091628886.png
129KB, 280x292px
>>387053990

I don't believe this for a fucking second.
>>
>>387055227
>br's premise
>gov't sponsored "discipline"
>hg's premise
>resource crisis (see: chicken dinner)
>br game start
>one at a time from the same building
>hg game start
>all at once (see: plane)
>br supplies
>everyone given a random weapon
>hg supplies
>everyone must scavenge or be sponsored (looting and air crate drops)
Some other stuff I'm forgetting but it's pretty obvious which series PU prefers and only claims to like BR to score nerd cred with the weebs
>>
>>387048021
e-celeb guerilla marketing
>>387048197
this garbage has no staying power
>>
>>387048021
It's brilliant marketing.

1) It's a game with long lulls that lets streamers show off their personality and interact with the audience
2) Infinite funny scenarios can be created within a game
3) Easy to make clip videos of this game further adding to the viral effect
4) Easy concepts mean low bar for entry
5) Constant catering to streamers and the community - generates good will and word of mouth marketing
>>
>>387055830
>this garbage has no staying power
lol just wait and see
>>
>>387055623
I dont think the win screen having the phrase "chicken dinner" means that PUBG is situated in a resource crisis. Theres no fucking narrative or motivation other than to win in this game.

I gotta think that 100 people not escaping from a building one by one is more a design choice than an adherence to any particular media. The same goes for the random weapons: can you see people putting up with random weapons?

Like, I get where you're coming from. Greene said in an interview that the reason he did circles instead of electric squares was cause he couldn't program a square, but Idk if we're expected to believe that. Undoubtedly BR has more "cultural cache" than HG. Someone you probably deem cool is going to have you come over and watch a BR blu ray, not the hunger games on netflix.

I hope you can appreciate the fallacy of refuting refuting my claim that HG was inspired by BR and then consequently claim PU was inspired by HG because it has some elements in common. We gotta face the facts here, Battle Royale is the populator/originator. If people wanna cash in on that idea, then cool, but lets give credit where credit it due.
>>
File: kat.png (459KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
kat.png
459KB, 600x700px
>>387056570
We'll just have to wait for the game to release and see what kind of lore PU decides to put in the game
>>
>>387048021
I doubt theres a single reason for it. A friend of mine just got hooked on it because of the crates, he even has alt accounts to farm crates.
>>
>>387048021
Day-Z style games were already popular.
Pubg takes out all the bullshit and keeps the PvP aspect, while also being semi-playable, unlike those other games.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.