[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do some youtube and twitch gamers overlay a webcam of themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

why do some youtube and twitch gamers overlay a webcam of themselves in their videos?

does anybody here actually watch the cam feed?
>>
File: 1421129861615.jpg (111KB, 540x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1421129861615.jpg
111KB, 540x1216px
A lot of kids and strange people like it. Streamers who don't do that usually ask why they don't have a webcam set up.
>>
>>387046142
Why would you watch youtubers in the first place?
>>
Why do you even care?
>>
>>387046142
makes viewers feel as if they have a personal connection to them
>>
File: 13899822135.jpg (78KB, 550x527px) Image search: [Google]
13899822135.jpg
78KB, 550x527px
>>387046142
>mfw the facecam takes the whole screen and the game is on a tiny frame on the corner
>>
>>387046142
Its so immature people can relate to the voice. This is something that you normally dont need after entering puberty .
>>
File: 1500422991266.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500422991266.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>387046142
Adds to the experience and entertainment value since that what's Twitch.tv is, an entertainment service, and Twitch streamers are entertainers.
You typically don't watch streamers for the game itself, but rather for the personality.
This isn't a complicated concept for most people to grasp, but I understand how the autists of /v/ can have trouble understanding simple things.
>>
>>387046142
just don't watch them
>>
I think it'd be a really cool feature, if Twitch allowed a channel to just open different video feed overlays for the gameplay, the webcam etc and any viewer could re-arrange them as they feel like, so facecam would be optional for people who want it, and anybody who doesn't just closes that overlay and watches the game normally, so you never get a facecam that is too big or obstructs parts of the game and you wouldn't have to deal with shit like this
>>387047289

Also would make a nice feature in SGDQ streams where you could just more easily search for all the different camera angles to look for the most spaghetti people in the audience for dem awkward .webms
>>
>>387048510
>Adds to the experience and entertainment value
It really doesn't add anything unless you're watching some overreacting memester, which are shit streams anyways.
>>
>>387048510
Well, that isn't entirely true. Some people you watch for their skill. Like speedrunners or fighting game players. If you're garbage at a game but can fill the audio with arbitrary blabbering, then you want the cam cause autists love that shit. Closest they get to human interaction.
>>
File: twitch dot tv 2017.jpg (18KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
twitch dot tv 2017.jpg
18KB, 480x272px
>>387047289
>and the game is on a tiny frame on the corner
lmao, we are already past this with IRL category, you can literaly put cam and nothing else
>>
>>387046142
Why would you watch someone else play the game if you weren't interested in the person themselves?
Without the facecam adding another layer of personal connection to the streamer, I might as well be playing the game myself while listening to a podcast or something.
>>
>>387048510
if you watch streams for personality you don't need a camera though voice should be enough
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.